• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

XXKo0ln.gif

SAFE TO OTHERS, DAMMIT

To the good ones, sure. But some of those shindy posters are just fucking awwwwwwful. Here's some vintage Japanese posters;

Yeah those internet generation e-fed posters that modern indies use... no thanks. However, those old school posters are real works of art, especially those Japan ones.

Apparently at the Laredo, TX crowd for Smackdown this week, a graphic was shown on the titantron saying Bryan would "return to action" next week.

Man, fuckin' Gabe hyping up a "huge debut" for EVOLVE this weekend;

SoCal Val
:|

Gabe is the master of self-defeating hype. Anyone remember the ROHbot Arm?

I really don't like the TNA ring, It distracts me to no end.

TNA show was so boring last night. Althought the intro was pretty bad ass.

Man, fuckin' Gabe hyping up a "huge debut" for EVOLVE this weekend;

SoCal Val
:|

Gabe is the master of self-defeating hype. Anyone remember the ROHbot Arm?

I do actually. I liked the arm.

Also I don't mind the word booker. Someone has to choose what wrestlers appear and pick their matches for the night...

Alucard

Banned
NOLA did an interview with Daniel Bryan about returning to New Orleans next week, and his recovery:

So that guy saved his career.

What match does Bryan want for Wrestlemania 31?

Also sounds like a second surgery for him would have been a hail mary. Either it would have worked or he'd have to retire.

I really love how candid Bryan is in his interviews. Comes off super genuine and I totally buy that he's not even kayfabing, but legit talking about what he wants.

...I want to believe.

strobogo

Banned
The next set of movies: Out of context sequels

The Crow: City of Angles
Fast Five
Transporter 2
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
The Prophecy 3: The Ascent
Lake Placid 3

I have not seen any of these. The only first movies I've seen are The Crow and Lake Placid.

jmdajr

The next set of movies: Out of context sequels

The Crow: City of Angles
Fast Five
Transporter 2
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
The Prophecy 3: The Ascent
Lake Placid 3

I have not seen any of these. The only first movies I've seen are The Crow and Lake Placid.

nice

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
You've never seen Star Trek VI? I think you'll like it, very FnP (although not as much as IV) and not at all batshit insane like V or I.
Star Trek VI is probably the most underrated Star Trek movie ever. It's a shame more people haven't seen it.

strobogo

Banned
You've never seen Star Trek VI? I think you'll like it, very FnP (although not as much as IV) and not at all batshit insane like V or I.

I've never seen any Star Trek movie. I think I've only seen maybe 4 total episodes of all the TV shows combined. I thought The Crow one I got was the new one with Ed Furlong, but it's not. I've also never seen a Fast and Furious movie.

I've never seen any Star Trek movie. I think I've only seen maybe 4 total episodes of all the TV shows combined.

Dang, I had you pegged as a Star Trek guy...not sure how much you'll like it without the benefit of Trek fandom, Star Trek II's probably the best in that regard. You should do a review of the original Trek TV show, there's only 3 series and it's full of wonderful GIF opportunities.

Reigns is Orton 2.0

He looks good and will be the back up guy for when the actual talent is out hurt but he just doesn't have that spark or connection with the audience.

Orton has put in some amazing work this year. MITB he was a beast. You can throw him out there to work a 20 minute match.

Problem with Orton is he's been around so long and has grown stale for a lot of people. And there are just times they don't have much for him so he works in that protected parallel universe where he'll randomly tag with Sheamus or something and be far away from Cena universe

The funny thing was he cut one of his best promos in a long time just before he took a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom