• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Just upgrade to at least 36 GB of ram. Everything runs great for me!

Call me when you use a mineral oil cooling system

2RScbZu.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
What actually caused Bryan's injury?
I believe the recent neck injury all started when he got that stinger during the Orton match a couple of years ago(You know the one that was stopped prematurely, and Triple H came out to console Bryan).

Samson Negro?

Billy Samson, who sometimes went by Samson Negro (but was never mentioned by that name on TV). He had a plain gimmick, the only real 'cism was with the 'all black guys have super hard skulls' thing, which Johnny Kwango popularised. There were a lot of stereotypical gimmicks in British wrestling at the time;

ND0zFy3.jpg

Raw viewership for 1/5

Hour 1: 3.801 Million
Hour 2: 3.888 Million
Hour 3: 3.599 Million

Average: 3.672 Million

The difference as compared to last week: Only 5.6%. Meltzer said it should have been up at least 10% by default because of other programming. Guess people didn't want to see the Authority as much as WWE thought.

Raw viewership for 1/5

The difference as compared to last week: Only 5.6%. Meltzer said it should have been up at least 10% by default because of other programming. Guess people didn't want to see the Authority as much as WWE thought.

And I say good. Fuck these boring-ass authority promos that get replayed over and over and over and over and over and over again throughout the show. It's not 1999, no one gives a fuck about watered-down Mr McMahon rehashes.

somedevil

Good thing they continue to not advertise Brock or Bryan.

Yep both are on next week but was that even mentioned? Plus for Bryan fans he is going to do some house shows before he does the Rumble:

Jan 16 - St.Louis, MO
Jan 17 - Abilene, TX
Jan 18 - San Antonio, TX

His advertised opponent is Kane! You can't make this stuff up.

jmdajr

Yep both are on next week but was that even mentioned? Plus for Bryan fans he is going to do some house shows before he does the Rumble:

Shit no Houston :'(

Toyota Center is excited to welcome back WWE LIVE on January 18th! Don’t miss all of your favorite WWE Superstars like the return of Roman Reigns, The Divas, Big Show, Chris Jericho(???), Miz & Damien Mizdow, and many more live in action this January!

NOLA did an interview with Daniel Bryan about returning to New Orleans next week, and his recovery:

The World Wrestling Entertainment star had surgery — called cervical foraminotomy — on May 15, 2014, to decompress the nerve root of a lingering neck injury. When the strength wasn't returning to his right arm, Bryan, who was stripped of his championship in June, was on the verge of trying a second surgery, this time on his elbow.

That's when he took a trip to Denver to visit Greg Roskopf, founder of Muscle Activation Techniques. After two sessions with Roskopf, Bryan said not only did he notice an improvement in his strength, but it stayed.

So that guy saved his career.

What match does Bryan want for Wrestlemania 31?

"Brock Lesnar is also supposed to be on (Monday's) show," Bryan said, referring to the WWE champion who ended The Undertaker's undefeated WrestleMania streak at the Superdome and then defeated John Cena for the title at Summerslam in August. "And to me, that's still my championship. My dream match for WrestleMania this year is if Brock Lesnar keeps the title and I win the Royal Rumble, and I wrestle Brock Lesnar in the main event of WrestleMania 31 for the WWE championship.

"That's the match I want," Bryan added. "That's the match that I've been thinking about this entire time that I've been injured."

"Functionally, I feel great. My movement is great. Overall, I feel good," he said. "I didn't have any hesitation (in the ring), there was nothing that I did before that I can't do now. Not only that, mentally I've been recharged. I'm going to be better than ever."

Also sounds like a second surgery for him would have been a hail mary. Either it would have worked or he'd have to retire.

Hasney

Makes great sense. Kane is a very safe worker and they know each other well, so good warm up matches for him.

Anth0ny

Raw viewership for 1/5

It's almost like Bryan is the reason why that third hour was so up last week

NAHHHHHHH

DMczaf

"That's the match I want," Bryan added. "That's the match that I've been thinking about this entire time that I've been injured."

Just give us Bryan vs Brock nontitle if they really want the Roman Empire to begin at WM31.

I just want this match ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom