• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://instagram.com/p/xlIXGHBEWM/?modal=true

#WMTraining

fPSE1q7.gif

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Chad Gable debuted on NXT and crowd knew who he was. Got a good reaction though didn't do much because he was there to make Breeze look good.

His gear looks like Angle though.

edit: lol Breeze is now in a horror like storyline now

Is he one of the guys in that Shoot Nation group that is apparently really awful?

imBask

Banned
Steph wins the rumble and uses the fingerpoke of doom on Lesnar at mania!

and rollins cashes in to fingerpoke her too

GENIUS

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm 100% convinced Vince is quietly furious that Bryan and the YES chants are so over. Having tried to migrate the YES chants away from Bryan a few times is a pretty big sign that he wants that attached to someone he deems more worthy.
Hey now, those Big Show YES chant were a natural reaction from the WWE Universe to a pro Show push.

Brock Lesnar said:
I was stuck wrestling Bob Holly, who I had just beat in four minutes at The Royal Rumble.

I like Bob. He’s a good guy and he takes his shit seriously, but I didn’t want to work with him. Nothing against him, but wrestling Bob Holly wasn’t worth anything to me at the time.

We did our match at The Royal Rumble, and that should have been the end of our story line. But now I have to travel all the way to South Africa to work with Bob Holly? Could anyone please tell me why? I knew no one would pay to see that match. Since I’m not really needed, give me some time off. I really needed the break by this time, but John Laurinaitis told me how much I’m needed on the card. AGAINST BOB HOLLY? Are you shitting me?

lol

Uguuuu. So cold. -8. Feels like -23. Plus wind. Get that shit out of here. It was in the 50s not even a week ago. I was going to go back to the liberried today but I'm not about to go jump my car to get it started and then hope it starts back up at the library. I feel like this happened last year, too. SUPER mild Nov/Dec and then record cold in January.

Silly Americans! Odd to see negative temperatures. Was 46c here the other day and then the next day dropped hard to high teens/low 20c's. Been cloudy as shit since then but still super humid which I can't stand.
Those few days at the beach were fantastic though :)

UberTag

ratings are down because EVERYTHING ELSE IS GARBAGE, not just the fact that the authority wasn't there

has Meltzer become as narrow minded as Vince?
That's his point. People at WWE believed ratings fell because they weren't there.

Now they know it wasn't that at all.
They'll have to come up with a new excuse then.
My bet is they'll now say ratings are down because Cena or Reigns isn't champ.

And then after that they'll say ratings are down because Daniel Bryan is overexposed.

And then after that they'll say ratings are down because Cesaro is too Swiss.

It should be stressed that ratings are NEVER down because there are 26 writers who kowtow to Vince McMahon... or that shows get re-written the day they air... or that promos are too scripted... or the commentary team sucks... or we don't care to see Cena or Superoman never lose... or all of the matches are booked exactly the same... or performers are getting "fake fired" all the time... or that there must always be an evil Authority presence... or that wrestlers are not allowed to be wrestlers or to want to feud for titles or just to kick the other guy's ass; they must be there to ENTERTAIN us... or that even-steven booking must be upheld and NOBODY must ever be allowed to get over... or Vince is still alive. None of these things can EVER be the reason ratings are down.

Sephzilla

He will be on Raw but wrestle on Smackdown on thursday. Plus people forget that Devon and Bully Ray are available for the Rumble.

Plus from NXT. Tyler Breeze is in a crazy story line if you notice it in this gif:

Oh shit you're right.

I'd mark out if we somehow got a 3D table spot during the Rumble match

ggnoobIGN

Banned
It's easier to be a heel than a face for most. I'd love to see it with Roman. Honestly he's awesome just as a Badass who comes in not overworked and destroys people, maybe leading a faction. Yes that's what the shield was, but he was at least good at that. Give him a new heel faction. Roman's empire. It writes itself.

kiguel182

Yeah, TNA was same old TNA. I don't think I'll continue watching it. I also hate the whole dark lights setup.

Josh Matthews was good on commentary. WWE could use him.

Also, Taryn Terrel's outfit was something else. Best part of the show.

EDIT: Can we please spoiler tag NXT discussion? Let's not spoil the only thing I enjoy in Pro Wrestling right now. I wish that show aired live.

Matthews said "This is a fantasy booker's dream!" when Kong confronted Havok.

How do you feel about insider terms being used on pro wrestling shows? I'd rather they just treat it like it's real.

Not a fan of insider terms, call the action like you don't know the behind the scenes stuff. Coulda just said "This is a fans dream!" instead and kept the focus on the viewer. "OMG he said fan! That's me! I'm now more emotionally invested in this match and subsequently the product and company! Yay!".

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I still think Brock will lose his title at the Rumble, Cena will pin Rollins, but that's just me

we'll get what "everyone" wants! Cena vs Reigns at WM!

I am fine with Cena vs. Reigns at WM since it will make sure they aren't involved in matches with wrestlers I want to see in action (Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, etc.) that could put on better performances against one another instead of being handicapped by Cena and Reigns, live at the show. Hell, I'd love it if Cena, Reigns, Big Show, and Kane were all in one match so I wouldn't have them screwing up fun match-ups with other wrestlers.

He will be on Raw but wrestle on Smackdown on thursday. Plus people forget that Devon and Bully Ray are available for the Rumble.

Plus from NXT. Tyler Breeze is in a crazy story line if you notice it in this gif:

Is he seeing how his career is going to go after getting raised to the main roster to be Heath Slater's temporary replacement?

UberTag

It's easier to be a heel than a face for most. I'd love to see it with Roman. Honestly he's awesome just as a Badass who comes in not overworked and destroys people, maybe leading a faction. Yes that's what the shield was, but he was at least good at that. Give him a new heel faction. Roman's empire. It writes itself.
Who should Superoman have as his minions?
How about Barrett, Bray and Balor?
The leaders of the Nexus and the Wyatts doing the bidding of the chosen one. With Balor coming along for the ride.
Feel free to substitute Sheamus in for Bray.
Perhaps add the Dudleys or The Ascension for additional tag team cronies.

Kaladin

Did you like the announcing on Raw last week? No? Well, guess what.....

As SmackDown prepares to move to Thursday nights next week on Syfy, WWE Universe members will be seeing some new faces behind both the Raw and SmackDown announce desks.

On Raw, Michael Cole and JBL will be joined each week by WWE Hall of Famer Booker T, while the new SmackDown announce team will consist of Cole, newcomer Byron Saxton and incomparable WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler. Cole, JBL and Lawler will continue to call the action during WWE pay-per-view events.

Why.....

kiguel182

Fuck all of this Bryan talk. Now I'm hopeful.

I was already ready for Reigns to win it but now there's a chance he won't. I'm going to end up disappointed.

Bryan vs Sheamus is probably the Mania match we will see.

And there won't be any audience backlash this time. Oh well. They won't see my money for that.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, TNA was same old TNA. I don't think I'll continue watching it. I also hate the whole dark lights setup.

Josh Matthews was good on commentary. WWE could use him.

Also, Taryn Terrel's outfit was something else. Best part of the show.

EDIT: Can we please spoiler tag NXT discussion? Let's not spoil the only thing I enjoy in Pro Wrestling right now. I wish that show aired live.

Hmm, not even sure I want to watch based on the online feedback. My first priority tonight is re-watching Lucha Underground. If I'm okay after that, I may give Impact a go.

Just listened to Wai Ting and John Pollock review the first WCW Thunder. Needless to say, they were annoyed and bored as fuck by it. An entertaining listen.

Gonzalez

Banned
Isn't it going to be tougher on Lawler to work Smackdown since he has to record a ton of lines between breaks, and after the show?

Isn't it going to be tougher on Lawler to work Smackdown since he has to record a ton of lines between breaks, and after the show?

There's going to probably be less than of now that they only have a 24 window live to tape. It airs on Wednesday in Canada starting next week. Could be easier on him because it's a shorter show.

Sephzilla

Phasing out Lawler is a good thing from at least two perspectives

1- He's not a good announcer anymore

2- Lawler's health is only going to continue to deteriorate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom