• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW RVD

B6TmopNIAAA2TNR.jpg

There's a promo between them where Bryan says he'll give Cena a shot at the belt if he wins it. Could be FnP to revisit that. I wouldn't mind it. Their Summerslam match was quite good.

it feels like it will be kinda overdue by the time it happens but it needs to be done at a WM imo and as cena's last match as a full time star

Slizeezyc

No, you gotta use the flipps app if you wanna watch with JR commentary. Support Japanese wrestling with english commentary by buying the ppv with english commentary.

I shall support it then, just a bummer I won't be able to watch it live -- will just have to avoid spoilers and chatting on GAF about it until Monday.

Raw64life

No, you gotta use the flipps app if you wanna watch with JR commentary. Support Japanese wrestling with english commentary by buying the ppv with english commentary.

I have Cablevision and I have HDPPV, PPV1 and PPV2. I get it live on PPV2 (along with a 30 minute pre-show apparently) but it doesn't air on HDPPV until the next day. If the shit isn't in HD on PPV2 then fuck that. Guess I gotta call Cablevision and spend hours waiting to get what may or may be some help.

Slizeezyc

Friends,

I'm watching the final Nitro episode of '95 and there's an interview segment where Jimmy Hart is out on stage with Luger and Mean By GAWD Gene talking about the upcoming Starrcade PPV.

Anyway, Sgt. Pittman comes out, and Hart demands Sgt. Pittman take his shirt off. Pittman does as he's told because he wants Harts to manage him, and then Hart just says "look at you and now look at Lex, why would I manage you?"

Jimmy Hart was body shaming people before it was the thing to do.

Carny scum.

Slizeezyc

I have Cablevision and I have HDPPV, PPV1 and PPV2. I get it live on PPV2 (along with a 30 minute pre-show apparently) but it doesn't air on HDPPV until the next day. If the shit isn't in HD on PPV2 then fuck that. Guess I gotta call Cablevision and spend hours waiting to get what may or may be some help.

I blame Dana White for not wanting to give up a 2 a.m. PPV slot.

Friends,

I'm watching the final Nitro episode of '95 and there's an interview segment where Jimmy Hart is out on stage with Luger and Mean By GAWD Gene talking about the upcoming Starrcade PPV.

Anyway, Sgt. Pittman comes out, and Hart demands Sgt. Pittman take his shirt off. Pittman does as he's told because he wants Harts to manage him, and then Hart just says "look at you and now look at Lex, why would I manage you?"

Jimmy Hart was body shaming people before it was the thing to do.

Carny scum.

Jimmy fucking Hart of all people..

Zach

I don't know if I'm getting this Wrassle Kingdom PPV, but if I do, do I get the Flipps app or the Flipps HD app? Does it matter? Anyone use this piece of crap?

Slizeezyc

Three other observations as I wrap up watching all the '95 Nitros:

-I know it's not shocking to say considering the known history of Nitro, but it's crazy how many big-time matches they give up in main events. I mean before Starrcade alone Savage defends the belt against The Giant, Luger and Flair in three separate weeks. Plus, Hogan/Sting go up against Flair/Arn and Sting and Hogan even go up against each other.

-Also Eddie Guerrero is hands down the MVP of Nitro '95. He looks like a million bucks in every match and even looks studly against Flair in a late '95 matchup and only passes out to the Figure Four rather than tap out.

-Finally, Hogan is a huge cock but everybody already knows that. That being said, he never once acts like Savage is the true champion and always points out that the name plate on the belt still says Hogan and not Savage. And it's even more petty because they built in some sort of BS probation angle (was Hogan filming stuff or something late in 95 and so couldn't be around all the time?) so Hogan couldn't even challenge for the belt at this point anyway.

-EDITED fourth observation. The Luger/Sting bromance is great and fairly unique as Sting is face but Lex is heel. On top of that, it's very Heyman-like where there are like 8 other intersecting stories all tying in with this bromance so it gets lots of parties involved and makes things a fun, confusing mess.

strobogo

Banned

Don't use any of my gifs you piece of shit.

Rap/Hip-Hop was such a FnP genre of music until N.W.A. and gangsta rap came in and changed the game.

Are you trying to say they had a bad attitude? I like the hip hop rippity rappity don't stop head drop type of rap, but NWA had some jams and allowed Ice Cube to reign supreme in the end. Ice Cube is on Seinfeld's Top Five. I have a 100% unironic love of Ice Cube up to about 1994ish and for Seinfeld to be the one to name drop him was one of the highlights of my year.

Three other observations as I wrap up watching all the '95 Nitros:

-I know it's not shocking to say considering the known history of Nitro, but it's crazy how many big-time matches they give up in main events. I mean before Starrcade alone Savage defends the belt against The Giant, Luger and Flair in three separate weeks. Plus, Hogan/Sting go up against Flair/Arn and Sting and Hogan even go up against each other.

-Also Eddie Guerrero is hands down the MVP of Nitro '95. He looks like a million bucks in every match and even looks studly against Flair in a late '95 matchup and only passes out to the Figure Four rather than tap out.

-Finally, Hogan is a huge cock but everybody already knows that. That being said, he never once acts like Savage is the true champion and always points out that the name plate on the belt still says Hogan and not Savage. And it's even more petty because they built in some sort of BS probation angle (was Hogan filming stuff or something late in 95 and so couldn't be around all the time?) so Hogan couldn't even challenge for the belt at this point anyway.

Eddie's push was indeed dope. Real shame it slowed down in 1996 and then he'd go missing for big stretches because he was touring with NJPW. As for Hogan...man, what a piece of shit he was. He gets even worse in January of 1996. I'm so glad the fans were turning so hard on him. He deserved it a lot more than Cena did at the start. He was just such a cunt to all of his friends, bitching about EVERYTHING, cheap shotting dudes, plus the MAKE HULK LOOK STRONG puts the Cena/Roman booking to shame. Cena beat up the Wyatt Family by himself. Hogan beat up the Four Horsemen and Dungeon of Doom at the same time, without any issues. Like 12 dudes, 8 of which were bigger than him.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WWF King of the Ring 1996

• Steve Austin vs Marc Mero KOTR Semi-Finals
  • Vader vs Jake Roberts KOTR Semi-Finals
  • The Godwinns vs Smoking Gunns WWF Tag Team Championships
  • Jerry Lawler vs Ultimate Warrior
  • Mankind vs Undertaker
  • Goldust vs Ahmed Johnson WWF Intercontinental Championship
  • Steve Austin vs Jake Roberts KOTR Finals
  • Shawn Michaels vs British Bulldog WWF Championship Special Guest Enforcer: Mr. Perfect

The WWF in 1996 was STALE AS FUCK. There is no getting around that. The shows were just not interesting. Everything about them was boring. In ring style, presentation, characters, angles. Everything was so boring. There are hints of something brewing here. Austin is far and away the highlight of the show, putting in so much effort and looking hungry as fuck, with the crowd responding in kind. Goldy being a creepy perv. Foley allowing Taker to open up his offense a bit. But it isn't a very interesting show besides the true rise of Austin. HBK/Bulldog put on their second shockingly boring PPV main event in a row. Even with Owen on commentary, it wasn't very fun to watch or listen to. Owen kind of sucked at commentary, especially when it came to talking about Jake Roberts, who he shit on so hard it made anyone who lost to him look terrible.

Marc Mero is so lost without the Johnny B. Badd gimmick. He has NO idea how to work without it. Warrior/King seemed like it was the most important match based on the show opening. It was about as big of a rip off as you could possibly imagine. Warrior's run in 1996 is about as big as a bust as you can get. I'd argue it was worse than Bateaster's 2014.

is that the last we see of Austin's abs? Also, I love how long it takes for them to realize that 3:16 promo was actually a thing, yet they always act like they knew it was something special whenever they talk about it these days.

DMczaf

is that the last we see of Austin's abs? Also, I love how long it takes for them to realize that 3:16 promo was actually a thing, yet they always act like they knew it was something special whenever they talk about it these days.

It's the same way with WWE acting like Wrestlemania 1 turned the company around immediately, when in fact they were struggling even more so after it due to poor house show attendances.

Slizeezyc

Eddie's push was indeed dope. Real shame it slowed down in 1996 and then he'd go missing for big stretches because he was touring with NJPW. As for Hogan...man, what a piece of shit he was. He gets even worse in January of 1996. I'm so glad the fans were turning so hard on him. He deserved it a lot more than Cena did at the start. He was just such a cunt to all of his friends, bitching about EVERYTHING, cheap shotting dudes, plus the MAKE HULK LOOK STRONG puts the Cena/Roman booking to shame. Cena beat up the Wyatt Family by himself. Hogan beat up the Four Horsemen and Dungeon of Doom at the same time, without any issues. Like 12 dudes, 8 of which were bigger than him.

Oh man, going to watch Starrcade '95 tonight (Dusty debut on PPV commentary! sans WW3 Main Event), but can't wait to see more Hulk being a POS in '96.

Do you know what the Hogan probation thing was about? Was he filming some garbage? I'm pretty sure he's not on Starrcade either. Also stro, why was it the Three Horsemen for like all these '95 Nitros? Where the hell was Benoit? Japan? If so, why the hell add him in the first place? Weird ass WCW.

Slizeezyc

Holy lord, Ahmed YOU'RE FAT, you can't be doing that.

I think Austin had to like beg for the Austin 3:16 shirt, and for it to be that basic, cause the WWE didn't know what to do.

Carmella is so meh, she's bringing Enzo and Big Kas down.

Carmella is so bad, needs to be a heel ASAP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I found someone lower on the 'I don't remember you at all' meter in WCW than Chris Candido. And I was a huge WCW mark. I remember these Thunders, these Raws, I remember guys who weren't there that much like Blitzkrieg, I remember Lizmark Jr, I remember when Alex Wright was Berlyn... Barry Windham. Barry Windham is like a huge blank spot in my brain. Every time I watch these Thudners that I KNOW I watched, I keep thinking Barry Windham was digitally added to them later like he was some wrestling Hayden Christensen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom