• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

PYkVxiV.gif

http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/PYkVxiV.gif&v=cyIxdOctioo

Sephzilla

The fact that it's only voted on by previous inductees and wrestling historians gives it a far greater sense of prestige than that McMahon shit ever could.

The fact that it has any form of a real 'committee' for inducting wrestlers alone gives it more prestige than the McMahon HOF

Fed up with RAW? Fed up with complaining about RAW? Of course you aren't! But, on the slight chance that you're not only fed up with RAW, but are fed up with complaining about RAW, Beyond Wrestling are airing their entire Americanrana event for free at 9pm tonight, to test the stream for #RAWlternative next Monday;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ICjLVE7l4

Or, perhaps RAW will be good tonight. Who knows? It could happen, I guess. Let's ask the magic 8 ball;

RaSiJUC.gif

Fox318

Fed up with RAW? Fed up with complaining about RAW? Of course you aren't! But, on the slight chance that you're not only fed up with RAW, but are fed up with complaining about RAW, Beyond Wrestling are airing their entire Americanrana event for free at 9pm tonight, to test the stream for #RAWlternative next Monday;

Or, perhaps RAW will be good tonight. Who knows? It could happen, I guess. Let's ask the magic 8 ball;

RaSiJUC.gif

When Ryder beats Brock tonight for the title tonight you'll enjoy it.

Kaladin

The only way to watch Raw is for two hours on Hulu. You can suffer through Smackdown to catch up on the angles they cut out.

Sephzilla

Why does the Network not tag benoit matches?

What is the point of that?

The matches are up there anyway...

Because they want to pretend he didn't exist.

It's one of those stupid WWE things where by not acknowledging Benoit they end up acknowledging Benoit more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE.com posted some list about Top 10 Monstrous Tag Teams in the wake of The Ascensions's Debut... Ok. The Ascension. Monstrous. I went and did the math here.

The Ascension
Konnor: 6'4" 265 lbs
Viktor: 6'2" 222 lbs

#10 Big Show & Kane
Big Show: 7'0" 425 lbs
Kane: 7'0" 323 lbs

#9 The Masters of the Powerbomb
Sid Vicious: 6'7" 317 lbs
Vader: 6'4" 450 lbs

#8 Powers of Pain
The Barbarian: 6'2" 300 lbs
The Warlord: 6'5" 323 lbs

#7 3 Minute Warning
Jamal: 6'4" 350 lbs
Rosie: 6'4" 360 lbs

#6 Dick Murdoch and The Crusher
Dick: 6'4" 275 lbs
Crusher: 6'0" 252 lbs

#5 The Twin Towers
Akeem: 6'9" 450 lbs
Big Bossman: 6'6" 315 lbs

#4 Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy(why)
Big John Studd: 6'10" 364 lbs
King Kong Bundy: 6'4" 458 lbs

#3 Dr. Death & Terry Gordy
Steve Williams: 6'1" 285 lbs
Terry Gordy: 6'6" 298 lbs

#2 Natural Disasters
Earthquake: 6'7"468 lbs
Typhoon: 6'3" 384 lbs

#1 The Road Warriors
Hawk: 6'3" 270 lbs
Animal: 6'2" 305 lbs

'Monsters'

MC Safety

I'm watching a replay for Total Divas, and it warms the cockles of my heart to see Rosa Mendes' commitment to the craft.

She's engineering a wardrobe malfunction so she can get more Twitter followers.

Good for you, Rosa. Good for you.

Fox318

Did the Big Show ever do anything worthwhile in the WWE?

Outside of his debut and maybe Mania 2000 everything else was just the perfect booking of WCW...

jmdajr

WWE.com posted some list about Top 10 Monstrous Tag Teams in the wake of The Ascensions's Debut... Ok. The Ascension. Monstrous. I went and did the math here.

The Ascension
Konnor: 6'4" 265 lbs
Viktor: 6'2" 222 lbs

#10 Big Show & Kane
Big Show: 7'0" 425 lbs
Kane: 7'0" 323 lbs

#9 The Masters of the Powerbomb
Sid Vicious: 6'7" 317 lbs
Vader: 6'4" 450 lbs

#8 Powers of Pain
The Barbarian: 6'2" 300 lbs
The Warlord: 6'5" 323 lbs

#7 3 Minute Warning
Jamal: 6'4" 350 lbs
Rosie: 6'4" 360 lbs

#6 Dick Murdoch and The Crusher
Dick: 6'4" 275 lbs
Crusher: 6'0" 252 lbs

#5 The Twin Towers
Akeem: 6'9" 450 lbs
Big Bossman: 6'6" 315 lbs

#4 Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy(why)
Big John Studd: 6'10" 364 lbs
King Kong Bundy: 6'4" 458 lbs

#3 Dr. Death & Terry Gordy
Steve Williams: 6'1" 285 lbs
Terry Gordy: 6'6" 298 lbs

#2 Natural Disasters
Earthquake: 6'7"468 lbs
Typhoon: 6'3" 384 lbs

#1 The Road Warriors
Hawk: 6'3" 270 lbs
Animal: 6'2" 305 lbs

'Monsters'

Hmmm. Not sure if HHH laugh is appropriate.

Vylash

RaSiJUC.gif

fuck you, i need to see how last week's firings affect John Cena

Sephzilla

I just wish WWE would stop trying to erase Benoit, acknowledge he existed, acknowledge he was a champion, acknowledge that he was a murderer, and then move on. They don't need to go out of their way to talk about him or anything, but it also means they don't need to painfully dance around mentioning Benoit when they talk about things like Wrestlemania XX. The NFL doesn't dance around OJ Simpson when they reach logical times to bring up his name. It's not like they gave a championship to him after he killed his family.

Stuff like with WMXX stuff just ends up bringing more attention to Benoit because it makes people ask "wait, so who won that title at WrestleMania XX?" and then they go find out who won it and what happened - and then it just makes WWE look stupid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And for the record, I loved Art Donovan on commentary. I wish he did more. He was like your crazy uncle who was trying to watch wrestling because you liked it and thought you'd have something in common. He meant well, damnit.

Unlike Rob Shitlett

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Random Inoki Era 3

• Antonio Inoki vs Billy Robinson NWF World Heavyweight Championship 12/11/75
  • Tatsumi Fujinami vs Chavo Guerrero WWF Junior Heavyweight Championship 9/9/80
  • Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Karl Gotch 1/1/82
  • Bam Bam Big Yellow vs Salman Hashimikov 4/24/89
  • Road Warriors vs Keiji Mutoh/Masahiro Chono 7/22/90
  • Keiji Mutoh/Shinya Hashimoto/Kensuke Sasaki/Manabu Nakanishi/Steven Regal vs Masahiro Chono/Buff Bagwell/Hiroyoshi Tenzan/nWo Sting/Scott Norton 3/20/97

Inoki/Robinson is about an hour long and very much the slow, dope 70s style. I love it. I can see why it would be boring to some. It isn't as good as Robinson vs Jumbo from the same period, but that's because Jumbo was better than Inoki. Still, it's rad. Fujinami/Chavo Classic is completely skippable, but it is at I believe Shea Stadium and has Vince himself in the role of Fink. Fujiwara/Gotch is also skipable. It's just a super short exhibition to show that old man Gotch could still do some spots.

Bam Bam/Hashimikov is also super short, but fun as fuck. Probably the most fun you'll have watching a 3 minute match. WCW/NJ vs NWO is also fun as fuck, especially towards the end when it comes down to Regal/Hashimoto just wrecking shit. And you get to watch Hashimoto kick the fuck out of Buff.

Sephzilla

fuck you, i need to see how last week's firings affect John Cena

It's going to play out exactly like you think it's going to play out.

Cena's going to emotionally recover and say that he needs to stay true to his convictions just like Dolph, Rowan, and Ryback all did and that if it costs him his job then so be it (optional "jack" goes here). Then Cena will forget about the friends he got fired and Stealth Heel Cena will live on.

Kaladin

¡HarlequinPanic!;147094691 said:
Waaaaiiiittt this dude really said sufferin' succotash on smackdown last week?

Oh boy :$

WWE feels more and more like a kid show these days. Especially Smackdown.

Fox318

The big show is only used to make slams with him because of his size.

WWE could get any other fat tall dude and replace him and nobody would notice.

Vylash

It's going to play out exactly like you think it's going to play out.

Cena's going to emotionally recover and say that he needs to stay true to his convictions just like Dolph, Rowan, and Ryback all did and that if it costs him his job then so be it (optional "jack" goes here). Then Cena will forget about the friends he got fired and Stealth Heel Cena will live on.

that was last year, it's a new day

Kaladin

YouDontSay.jpg

Really though, it's sad how much WWE has gone backwards ever since WCW went under. No competition has made them turn into the worst form of 80s/early 90's WWF

It's not that there is no competition, it's purely Vince IMO. The existence of NXT tells me that WWE would be a much better product without his influence.

Sephzilla

It's not that there is no competition, it's purely Vince IMO. The existence of NXT tells me that WWE would be a much better product without his influence.

I think Vince thrives more on having actual competition. So Vince WWE is hurt by the lack of competition. But yeah, WWE in general would be better without him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom