• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

second Ascension/Balor and Itami match was much better than the first, Hideo looked great and his new finisher is really good, Viktor looks way better with his hair down and i wish he'd just keep it that way

Check this out guys, it's awesome and it's free;

YKOfn2v.jpg

voicesofwrestling.com/njpw-ebook

Great year in review for New Japan, collects together some of the great NJPW articles VOW have published this year as well as giving a complete rundown of the 2014 each roster member has had.

Alucard

Banned
I plan to get both as well. But only because it is WK9. I don't know if they plan for any other future English commentaries but I will not be getting that.

Same. Only doing it to support more English commentary and because it's WK9, but not planning to do it for every PPV.

ROH got 10k the first time they got on PPV, this is the same demographic, so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get that number.

This one is at a weird time and is at a higher price point. We'll see, though.

Same. Only doing it to support more English commentary and because it's WK9, but not planning to do it for every PPV.

Even if this is a success, GFW won't be doing every PPV - from what I've read they'd do the G1 finals and King of Pro-Wrestling, along with Wrestle Kingdom. Three big PPVs a year should hopefully be achievable.

Alucard

Banned
second Ascension/Balor and Itami match was much better than the first, Hideo looked great and his new finisher is really good, Viktor looks way better with his hair down and i wish he'd just keep it that way

What's his new finisher?

Check this out guys, it's awesome and it's free;

http://i.imgur.com/YKOfn2v.

voicesofwrestling.com/njpw-ebook

Great year in review for New Japan, collects together some of the great NJPW articles VOW have published this year as well as giving a complete rundown of the 2014 each roster member has had.[/QUOTE]

Voices of Wrestling is great. Really unmatched NJPW coverage for the most part. Gonna do my best to give them a run for their money in 2015, but they've got more experienced writers.

[quote="Rapstah, post: 145731607"]When Meltzer said WWE views Bálor as the new Jeff Hardy, I guess I wasn't expecting the sleeves.[/QUOTE]

I...is this true? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised, but yeah.

What's his new finisher?

It's pretty much Kofi's Trouble in Paradise, but to a kneeling opponent rather than a standing one - meant to look more like a gamengiri (to the side of the head) than a enziguri (to the back of his head), but Viktor got his hand up to protect himself about a year in advance and made it look bad. Also, fuck WWE camera-work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, he's going to be kicking Tye Dillinger or Bull Dempsey next. Enjoy Boots.

So, I'm doing a thing where I go over some of my favorite wrestlers of 2014, and today I started with Seth Rollins, so check it out here.

Also, seriously get the VOW eBook, I've read nothing but good things about it on Twitter, seems like a must have. Also, throw the guys a few dollars, I know they worked very hard on it!

Rapstah

Itami's facing Curtis Axel next week, and everyone in the business fucking LOVES Curtis Axel for some reason, so maybe he can take a kick to the head and make it look okay.

Itami's finisher is neat but then again I always loved Trouble in Paradise.

Didn't a Spirit Squad member have it as a finisher too?

Toki767

I completely forgot that he was 30 last year and the reaction he got because he WASN'T Bryan. With moments like that I can't tell if it's oversight on WWE or the fact they thought we would still love Rey at 30.

We'll be seeing it again this year if Reigns wins the Rumble.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The internet were being right assholes about Royal Rumble 2014. The man says he isn't in the rumble, the internet gets all pissed off when he isn't in the rumble. They were doing it for a storyline you marks.

Last year at the Royal Rumble:

- New Age Outlaws were tag champs
- Rusev debuts in the rumble
- Big Show vs. Brock Show
- Cena vs. Orton
- Bray beat Bryan clean
- Batista won the rumble

Also, I actually like the poster for this year. It's not as good as last year's but still great. Also, with how hot Ziggler has been lately, I love that he has a little tiny picture in the back. After just looking at these posters a year apart, it's pretty crazy what only a year can do to change a roster.

The internet were being right assholes about Royal Rumble 2014. The man says he isn't in the rumble, the internet gets all pissed off when he isn't in the rumble. They were doing it for a storyline you marks.

We thought he was tryin' to swerve us bro :[

So you take out Punk and Del Rio, replace with Reigns and Rollins and that's about it

and as a comment to Man God, in pro wrestling "I'm not going to be in it" is often code for "absolutely I will"

Last year at the Royal Rumble:

- Bray beat Bryan clean

Not sure if this was the intent of your post but I will not accept this as a bone of contention; friend. Neither looked weaker for the loss, it was a great match and lead into amazing followups for both (wyatt at EC/Bryan at mania).

The loss was benign.

To be fair, the commentators actually did their job during that match and excused Bryan's weaknesses by saying he had been having "concussion-like symptoms just a week before". It's rare they do that, but it was nice to see. Then afterwards they said "A gutsy effort by Daniel Bryan. You can't take anything away from him."

And then Shawn put him over huge afterward.

Aiii

So not worth it

You are the internet.

Vylash

oh please, they were going full steam ahead with Batista vs Orton, the rumble reaction was the only reason we got Bryan

¡HarlequinPanic!;145742056 said:
Not sure if this was the intent of your post but I will not accept this as a bone of contention; friend. Neither looked weaker for the loss, it was a great match and lead into amazing followups for both (wyatt at EC/Bryan at mania).

The loss was benign.

No, it was a great match, not saying that it wasn't. But that whole angle was made completely pointless because Batista backfired on them and they had to rush Bryan back into the title picture. The whole story with Bryan and Bray is great, and kudos to Bryan for being as stupid over as he is and STILL put over Bray. The only person who was willing to put him over when he had more to lose from losing than any other of Bray's opponents after Bryan.

So you take out Punk and Del Rio, replace with Reigns and Rollins and that's about it

I mean from a perspective of everyone's role compared to last year. Rusev, everyone in the shield, Bray. Rusev is doing killer since he first popped up, Rollins is the top heel, Roman is being forced on us, Ambrose is one of the top faces, Bray lost just about all momentum he had a year ago. Punk is gone, ADR is gone.

To be fair, the commentators actually did their job during that match and excused Bryan's weaknesses by saying he had been having "concussion-like symptoms just a week before". It's rare they do that, but it was nice to see. Then afterwards they said "A gutsy effort by Daniel Bryan. You can't take anything away from him."

And then Shawn put him over huge afterward.

But nobody remembers that or gives a shit when the #30 was being counted down with Yes chants and then followed by ten minutes of boos and everyone shitting on the rest of the rumble till it ends. We ALL thought Bryan was going to come limping out to the ring and somehow manage to win after his beat down from Bray.

Ithil

I hope you're not trying to claim Bryan's WM journey was all planned from the start. Because they can't plan until the end of a RAW episode, never mind plan months of complex crowd-manipulating storylines for a guy they don't want at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom