• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of annoying voices, how is this Nostalgia Critic dude remotely popular? I finally watched one of his videos and

• Annoying as shit voice
• Dresses like Sami Zayn
• Cheap as shit microphone despite all the youtube views
• Cheap as shit 'set'
• Doesn't know anything about anything he talks about
• Awful fucking sense of humor

And yet he's popular. And I get the thing with internet personalities. There's a lot that I think aren't funny, but I understand their style of humor and why people like them. I have no idea why anyone like this guy.

Speaking of annoying voices, how is this Nostalgia Critic dude remotely popular? I finally watched one of his videos and

• Annoying as shit voice
• Dresses like Sami Zayn
• Cheap as shit 'set'

And yet he's popular. And I get the thing with internet personalities. There's a lot that I think aren't funny, but I understand their style of humor and why people like them. I have no idea why anyone like this guy.

people like mediocrity

• Annoying as shit voice
• Dresses like Sami Zayn
• Cheap as shit 'set'

It honestly might just be seniority at this point. Guy has been around since '07.

Xater

• Annoying as shit voice
• Dresses like Sami Zayn
• Cheap as shit 'set'

Yes he sucks.

We're finding more and more common ground, friend.

bryanshield.gif

¡HarlequinPanic!;147259520 said:
sarcastic I get but never really got condescending.

Are you sure you're not just upset because his book slags kevin nash pretty hard?

That would be a plus, if anything.

Honestly I do not know what the main event of WM should be at this stage.

I dont think a second go around with Bryan would make much sense but clearly the current plan is shit so I dont know....

I totally see a 3 or 4 way main event this year again though.

DMczaf

I dont think a second go around with Bryan would make much sense but clearly the current plan is shit so I dont know....

Bryan II makes sense if you play up his career threatening injury vs God King Brock

You have Bryan chasing the title that he never lost vs God King threatening to end his career, and possibly his life.

Jericho has always, ALWAYS, "done the job" so to speak. If you listen to his podcast he has no qualms about losing to anyone on the roster.

Jericho is one of the few guys in the WWE to remove his own ego and realize, "Oh wait a second, of course this isn't REAL. And I'm still getting paid the same? Of course I'll do what ever you want, Vince! Let Fandango beat me! WHO FUCKING CARES."

Of course, Jericho's credibility, like Foley's or Kane's, is practically shot. The fact that he's willing to lose to guys is great until he's lost to so many guys that it doesn't mean anything when he does lose.

Heroman

Banned

Daniel Bryan vs Brock make prefect sense.

DMczaf

Oh yeah, and Meltzer reminding us that Vince wrote Ambrose's hilarious scenes with the doctor.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome is totally a Vinceism. As is Cow Dung.

DMczaf

Have we talked about how great Cena is at getting out of the way or into position naturally without making it look completely fake?

tumblr_ni4iwv9SiV1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_ni4iwv9SiV1sbzhteo2_400.gif

tumblr_ni3mgcbFuW1sszpveo1_400.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Bigger question: Why do 10 million people watch Big Bang Theory?

We are in the pro wrestling thread.

Let's judge people that watch stuff that is actually funny while we sit through three hours of the most boring television a week.

...okay.

zychi

Banned
Jericho has always, ALWAYS, "done the job" so to speak. If you listen to his podcast he has no qualms about losing to anyone on the roster.

Jericho is one of the few guys in the WWE to remove his own ego and realize, "Oh wait a second, of course this isn't REAL. And I'm still getting paid the same? Of course I'll do what ever you want, Vince! Let Fandango beat me! WHO FUCKING CARES."
x83Sc.gif

Big reason he's one of my all time favorites. He was given the power to be the first undisputed champion and he didnt bitch or whine in the back about getting his ass handed to him the rest of his career. His first two books are really good, and I need to get around to reading his third.

His podcast annoys me because he uses his gameshow host voice, but I went to a ppv in Chicago specifically to see he vs CM Punk. Didn't care about the rest of the matches

Cagey

Banned

Nah, they were just the right size.

We are in the pro wrestling thread.

Let's judge people that watch stuff that is actually funny while we sit through three hours of the most boring television a week.

...okay.

I judge people who watch comic book movies and read comic books for liking ridiculous, stupid, and tremendously corny heroes and villains, nonsensical stories, and retelling the same old shit a million times.

I also watch pro wrestling.

Bigger question: Why do 10 million people watch Big Bang Theory?

1. The rise of nerd culture
2. It's a Chuck Lorre show, so it's a simple, non-serialized show.
3. It's in syndication, which amplifies existing popularity.
4. The actors are actually good at delivering their lines and make the material work.

an XPW alumni dated Kaley Cuoco.

You too can make it, friends.

Got to catch them when they're up and coming instead of when they're already established.

Wrestlemania is in Silicon Valley so for the main event they'll need someone who can appeal to both the granola hippie types as well as the ironic t-shirt wearing computer dorks in the area. Probably best to go with Roman Reigns.

DMczaf

I am willing to guess Vince is also writing Bryan's babyface promos. That line about "They love me because im just like them, average!" sounds so Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom