• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
It's not necessary because you know Stephanie's opinion about the feud/whatever superstar after the first promo. Every promo after that adds nothing to the feud(the one she's always a third wheel in rather than THE opponent) and is just a complete waste of time. Stephanie is going to come down, hold both hands on the mic and bend her neck lower slightly and say 'You know, you could get hurt' SMIRK 'I'd hate for that to happen SUPERSTAR' SMIRK

It's as obvious as heel champion CM Punk promos where he juts his chin out makes a popeye face and goes GRRR when the babyface rustles his jimmies.

The key difference is Steph is speaking to other people, whereas Bray is speaking to one on but a camera. Ideally, I would prefer not to skip the other people with Steph.

Though you can argue nothing of note is ever said by Steph or to Steph.

Xater

Not necessarily fantasy booking, but based on how they are currently booking, WrestleMania should in theory look like this (but won't)

Bryan vs Rollins - The Authority's handpicked champion defending against the comeback story of the year. And their anti-public figure. Retread of Bryan vs Orton, but Rollins is the top heel in the company and deserves it.

Brock vs Cena V - Really because they are 1 and 1 in singles matches. And this little distraction with Rollins should put them against each other once more to determine who is the man.

Ziggler vs Triple H - I mean he is the man screwed over the most by the Authority recently, and who represents the Authority more than Triple H.

Sting vs Wyatt - This seems more to do with their dark, brooding personality and ability to play mind games.

Reigns/Ambrose vs Show/Kane - Seems like a reset on their characters since they seem to have no design of protecting Ambrose and have no idea what doing with Reigns.

Brock vs Cena V? I was board by this match up the third time around.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Brock vs Cena V? I was board by this match up the third time around.

I still think we're getting Brock/Reigns, just a matter of whether it's for the title or not.

I'm down for Bryan/Rollins though. Besides being a mark for both guys, it's the top babyface against the top heel. This should be simple.

I really appreciated that Big Show was used to deliver a knockout punch to Cena in the first hour then Roman in the second. Clearly the director is trying to establish a theme of their duality and parallel their journeys as they move towards the story's apex (at Wrestlemania).

I think an interesting distinction between the two was made as Big Show had to first knock Roman down and slam him AFTER the match before punching him, whereas with John Cena Big Show simply pulled him out during the match and punched him. Big Show is obviously a represents for time. They almost beat you over the head with this metaphor as Big Show regularly talks about major milestones - last night talking about a first job and has once portrayed the New Years Baby (the physical embodiment of time).
I believe that the distinctions in Big Show's attacks were subtle storytelling devices, Roman is on the rise and while Big Show (time) wasn't able to prevent him from losing a match against Luke Harper, there may still be some time before Roman is ready to ascend to the top, a fact that was beaten into him. The Big Show assault on John Cena happening during the match represents time catching up with him and preventing him from being as successful as he once was, further demonstrated by using a youthful opponent like Rollins and surrounding the ring with much younger men and their representation of time - Big Show.

I think that the Roman/Cena storyline is that of two hero's journeys. One on the rise and one on the fall. There was another brilliant touch that tied this theme together in having Roman tell the story of "Roman and the Beanstalk". Jack is a common nickname for John, so Roman literally replaced John with himself in the telling of a traditional folk tale, revealing his desire to replace John Cena as the hero of WWE.

Bravo Mr. McMahon

joelseph

Any insider info on when the ROH x Japan stuff is happening in 2015? Bought a few front rows for a March show, if it's going to be PPV I want to put the request in for camera side seats.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why is hogan hotdogging the hall of fame should be steamboat or flair

Because Mega Powers is more important than anything Savage ever did with Flair despite what Flair probably thinks

and it's the least they could do after years of Macho BRAINWASHING the little hulkamaniacs to think he was right

Sephzilla

I have nothing against Hogan inducting Macho Man but I'd simply prefer a few other people above Hogan like Steamboat or even Flair to induct him. The main reason it's Hogan is because Hogan and Savage were the 1A and 1B stars of the 80s.
Or it's just Hogan's last attempt to hot dog and steal Macho Man's spotlight

#MachoWasRight

Fox318

BKoqtkX.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I really appreciated that Big Show was used to deliver a knockout punch to Cena in the first hour then Roman in the second. Clearly the director is trying to establish a theme of their duality and parallel their journeys as they move towards the story's apex (at Wrestlemania).

I think an interesting distinction between the two was made as Big Show had to first knock Roman down and slam him AFTER the match before punching him, whereas with John Cena Big Show simply pulled him out during the match and punched him. Big Show is obviously a represents for time. They almost beat you over the head with this metaphor as Big Show regularly talks about major milestones - last night talking about a first job and has once portrayed the New Years Baby (the physical embodiment of time).
I believe that the distinctions in Big Show's attacks were subtle storytelling devices, Roman is on the rise and while Big Show (time) wasn't able to prevent him from losing a match against Luke Harper, there may still be some time before Roman is ready to ascend to the top, a fact that was beaten into him. The Big Show assault on John Cena happening during the match represents time catching up with him and preventing him from being as successful as he once was, further demonstrated by using a youthful opponent like Rollins and surrounding the ring with much younger men and their representation of time - Big Show.

I think that the Roman/Cena storyline is that of two hero's journeys. One on the rise and one on the fall. There was another brilliant touch that tied this theme together in having Roman tell the story of "Roman and the Beanstalk". Jack is a common nickname for John, so Roman literally replaced John with himself in the telling of a traditional folk tale, revealing his desire to replace John Cena as the hero of WWE.

Bravo Mr. McMahon
Fuck me, I can't believe I missed Raw.

Sephzilla

I liked the Cesaro swing when it was a joke move he used. I honestly don't like the swing into the barrier because it doesn't look like it hurts at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What would Flair's induction be, 'Remember that time we had that incredibly underwhelming feud? No? Remember the second time we had an underwhelming feud?'

Bizazedo

Bravo Mr. McMahon

Such craft is wasted on plebs by Mr. McMahon.

rrc1594

Bravo Mr. McMahon

starlito-feelings-video.jpg

imBask

Banned

Bravo Mr. McMahon

love the effort, love the style, but that is way too much work and over analyzing for RAW

we're talking about a company who keeps rewriting everything 10 min before the show and have the hero write "JBL is poopy" on a limo

you could probably analyze SpongeBob the same way, but in the end it's just a Sponge doing dumb stuff

Some day after thoughts on Bryan's promo:

I don't like that he seems to be straddled with Stephanie as opposed to Hunter. I get Jericho vibes from that treatment. Also I don't like him bringing up "I'm average and so is everyone else" - you are not average, and average people don't like to be reminded they're average. His whole speech about "We're gonna do the whole shabang over again" is about the laziest way to phrase something people actually want. Why would you put it like that? It also doesn't seem like the type of words that indicate a win for him. This is his last promo time on RAW, right? Seemed like a whimper when it should have played up emotions.

Word of warning: Do not look at Ashley Massaro's Twitter right now if you're at work.

Or enjoy life.

welp

Kornflayx

If somebody told me 5 years ago, that Seth Rollins would be carrying a feud between him, Lesnar and Cena I would have laughed my ass off.

Somehow, it has become reality. Good job Seth

Ah, contract season in NJPW, when a bunch of people see Okada follows NXT on twitter and start getting way ahead of themselves. He's on a losing streak, man! Clearly on his way out of the door.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom