• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

No one over the age of 21 should have a goatee. #fact

IaRIdHh.gif

DiscoJon

Banned
I generally think anyone 21 or younger who has facial hair looks like a doofus because they usually dont let it grow in fully or they do something stupid with it like soul patch it or do something like that ugly Baron Corbin beard.
No one under any circumstance should have a soul patch. Yes, that means you too Sunny.

strobogo

Banned
Koko was done for racial reasons.

Sunny...was really hot and really good for about two years.

Pete Rose...actually probably does deserve his place in the WWE hall of fame. He's a fucking trooper.

Drew Carey is basically indefensible.

The most questionable HOFers are Johnny Rodz and SD Jones. Two straight up jobbers. Rodz is best known for training a bunch of shitty ECW dudes. Is that really something you want to honor? The man who trained Tommy Dreamer, Jason Knight, Vito, and Hugh Morrus?

Sephzilla

Koko was done for racial reasons.

Sunny...was really hot and really good for about two years.

Pete Rose...actually probably does deserve his place in the WWE hall of fame. He's a fucking trooper.

Drew Carey is basically indefensible.

Koko being in the hall of fame is like putting Kofi Kingston in the hall of fame. He's a glorified jobber.

Sunny totally warrants being in the hall of fame. Same with Pete Rose, he actually "got it" and his recurring Kane shit was fun and playful(tm).

Carey has no place in the hall of fame

Hasney

I generally think anyone 21 or younger who has facial hair looks like a doofus because they usually dont let it grow in fully or they do something stupid with it like soul patch it or do something like that ugly Baron Corbin beard.

Also, Rock works a pretty solid goatee

I had a full goatee at 14 and Seth Rollins hair, except half and half from root to tip instead of side to side. I was stupidly popular, mainly because I could get served for alcohol.

you're wrong

just 100% wrong

It's a key to power

Can't help picturing the Ascension Titantron now with all the imagery replaced with soul patches.

strobogo

Banned
What if the soul patch is included in the beard? I see a lot of guys shave the soul patch for their beards and goatees and I call those men pussies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzer's thoughts on last night:

It's happening...?

It might be happening. I'm more interested in the title match at the Rumble than the Rumble itself, which is a shock - usually I couldn't give a rat dick about any match besides the Rumble itself, but Rollins is a breath of fresh air and with his MITB case, there's even MORE reason to keep an eye on the title picture.

What if the soul patch is included in the beard? I see a lot of guys shave the soul patch for their beards and goatees and I call those men pussies.

Why would someone get rid of that? It's the key.

Hasney

Meltzer's thoughts on last night:

It's happening...?

I'm beginning to wonder if pairing him with Kane after WM was to see if any issues he may have mentioned cleared up working safe with him, the only bumps he's taking seriously were ones he was giving himself.

Still, shitty storyline, but Kane clearly has that kind of role now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A part of me really wants Brock to overcome the odds at RR in such a way to prevent a cash in. Lose after a grueling battle to D-Bry, and have Seth cash in immediately after.

It would cement D-Bry as face of face and Rollins as the Heel among heels. The boos the night after would be glorious.

Hasney

Not only encouraged, but allowed.

Soul patch as the sole patch? Makes you look like a douche.

I'd agree with that, although I'm not rocking a soul patch with my beard because it would look dumb with the lip ring.

Also, my housemate has to get ready to go out soon or I'm just going to drunkenly talk wrestling all night after drinking 2 liters of vodka at this rate.

Sephzilla

Real talk - I think I might cry during the Macho Man hall of fame stuff. He was always one of my favorites.

Soul patch is basically part of the beard so it's obviously required

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I grew up with a dude who could only grow a goatee. As in that's where the hair follicles on his face were. It was uncanny.

strobogo

Banned
I'd agree with that, although I'm not rocking a soul patch with my beard because it would look dumb with the lip ring.

Also, my housemate has to get ready to go out soon or I'm just going to drunkenly talk wrestling all night after drinking 2 liters of vodka at this rate.

No one over the age of 21 should have a lip ring.

Jesus, this weeks RAW...

- Effectively bury everyone by starting with the main event. But what choice do you have when you've "fired" your other faces?
- ENDLESS AWFUL PROMOOOOOOS
+ Cesaro!
- "Who the fuck gave Big Show a mic? Guys? C'mon we've talked about this damnit. Well at least Roman looks strong by comparison."
-/+Obligatory Contract signing fight
but hey at least it wasn't Cena or Lesnar who came out on top.

I'm not sure how to feel about the Ambrose skits. I chuckled despite myself at one point.
I just can't warm to Lesnar since he came back and if it wasn't for Heyman's skill on the mic at being such a rat I'm not sure they'd even have what little heat they seem to for this match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jesus, this weeks RAW...

- Effectively bury everyone by starting with the main event. But what choice do you have when you've "fired" your other faces?
- ENDLESS AWFUL PROMOOOOOOS
+ Cesaro!
- "Who the fuck gave Big Show a mic? Guys? C'mon we've talked about this damnit. Well at least Roman looks strong by comparison."
-/+Obligatory Contract signing fight
but hey at least it wasn't Cena or Lesnar who came out on top.

I'm not sure how to feel about the Ambrose skits. I chuckled despite myself at one point.
I just can't warm to Lesnar since he came back and if it wasn't for Heyman's skill on the mic at being such a rat I'm not sure they'd even have what little heat they seem to for this match.

Things I liked about RAW:

The skits.
Brock running into Seth backstage.
Kane and D-Bry
Russev's promo
The final segment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think there's a single roster member currently that has a better theme than the Ascension's. That's a #1 theme right there.

Hasney

I don't think there's a single roster member currently that has a better theme than the Ascension's. That's a #1 theme right there.

I agree, I do love that riff. I think it is the only generic guitar riff CFO$ have done well though thinking about it, compared to Cesaro, Ambrose and Rollins. Ambrose grew on me for a bit, but I think it's that second loop that kills it.

Things I liked about RAW:

The skits.
Brock running into Seth backstage.
Kane and D-Bry
Russev's promo
The final segment.

Y'know I'll actually agree with you about the D-Bry bit I'd forgotten about that. Russev's Promo did put him over as the heel but I always imagine those kind of promo's being done in front of a British audience.

"You are all lazy and stupid"
"Yeah probably but y'know, fuck it"

USA chants are silly (not the country, just the chants folks let's not get nuts).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree, I do love that riff. I think it is the only generic guitar riff CFO$ have done well though thinking about it, compared to Cesaro, Ambrose and Rollins. Ambrose grew on me for a bit, but I think it's that second loop that kills it.

Rollins' has gone a long way for me recently, I remember hating it the first time I heard it, and now I love it. Definitely from the same studio session, no doubt, along with Ambrose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom