• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will Reigns talk about next, fans?

Super Mario Bros
Happy Days
Harry Potter
Mary Poppins

GUESS. We need a pool.

Need shit that's out there in the public domain, I'm thinking Roman in Wonderland or The Big Show of Notre Dame.

And all you have to do is listen to DDP to see how much Savage took advantage of his creative control.

"What do you want to do for tonights match?"

"Brother, I think I want to take the cutter tonight".

So good seeing DDP almost tear up at the memory of that moment, just how much it meant to him and his career.

Nekofrog

Banned
savage generally wanted to tell stories in the ring that were engaging and back and forth thrill rides

hogan just wanted to tell the story of how he's the best and nobody beats me

¡HarlequinPanic!;147292910 said:
I don't think a space for venting is really a place to bone up on some readin' 8)

gaf talking about people sucks. They don't know shit. Was just in this 'make up for guys' topic that was full of sooooo many bullshit macho masculinity affirming crapola.

The only masculinity I need is bedazzling my sweet abs.

I just checked that out, and... oh my god.
but on the plus side, i discovered that seemingly very helpful subreddit

Kaladin

you goddamn right.

HOF or gtfo WWE...

tumblr_m8il3hUN4N1qmr5fb.gif

RP912

Banned
I miss Macho Man :(

I'm dead serious friends...when he died that shit tore me up. I'm not the one to cry over famous people because I don't know them but Macho Man was different. Dude truly defied wrestling.

His promos were outrageous, his matches were great, and he was a agile wrestler for the time. Plus he never had a problem with making dudes look good compared to the BROTHER that's about to induct him in the HOF :(

I don't know if you can trust Lanny to not go into business for himself when accepting the award on Macho's behalf.

Nah he wouldn't shit on a moment like that for Randy. Especially after Hogan spouts all his catch phrases before introducing Lanny.

If they let Warrior on the mic I don't think they'll have any worries giving it to Lanny lol.

Not to get your hopes up or anything, but he hasn't yet sold off all his stock:

Interesting I thought someone said recently Vince's share was around the $1 Billion mark.
How much of a controlling interest does he have over the company? I assume he has a big majority but it would be interesting to see if a takeover could be possible.

Didn't know they put the boma ye in 2k15, with Nakamura bend and leg shaking and everything. That's pretty cool.

The game is still hot ass, but that's cool at least

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Flair vs Kerry Von Erich in a steel cage from Dec 28th WCCW on the Network for my 1000 Matches in 1 Year project. It's one episode, and it's focused entirely around this match - and it's fucking fantastic. I highly recommend watching this, here's the link if you're up for some hot-ass crowds in TEXAS and seeing what Kerry could have been for years and years. He was truly an incredible talent, and Flair ain't bad either.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31314737

Fan fucking tastic. It has that big fight feel before the match. It's a huge goddamn deal. It's great.

Watching raw now:

-I know they've wrassled a ton but I don't mind Cena vs Rollins again when it's not a main event. It's always a good match even when they stack the odds.

-Jobber entrance for both New Day and Kidd-Cesaro. Lol and this feud even has a bit of a storyline. Nice work. Seriously though Kidd Cesaro should be pushed through

Rollins/Cena is always booked interesting, plenty of variety and the work on the mic elevates it to something you enjoy. Hasn't been done to death yet so you look forward to the J&J spot, the finisher teases and of course the 'overcoming adversity' spot.

I'm dying to see the Swingin Cats up against the Dust Bros. Both teams have great in ring talent, awesome personalities and great chemistry with their partners. Would be pure fucking gold!

Is Ascension a joke team? They look like 2 skinny fat FA basement dwellers that are going to a cosplay convention as their imaginary wrestling gimmicks. They are so not convincing to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is Ascension a joke team? They look like 2 skinny fat FA basement dwellers that are going to a cosplay convention as their imaginary wrestling gimmicks. They are so not convincing to me.

They need bigger eye makeup. If that eye of Horus was bigger, over their whole face, it'd look dope.

on that topic, Big Show's promo wasn't half bad last night, I ALMOST enjoyed watching that segment! And I hate Big Show with a passion

He's been great on the mic lately, really hope this is a sign they want him to head in that direction rather than in ring stuff.
Fuck, make him Raw GM for a year or two, he has enough years under his belt for people to believe he could book some good matches. As long as he's a kooky face who loves the lols, none of this heel or crybaby bullshit.

So did The Ascension massively piss some people off back stage or something just as they were getting promoted to the main program? Because I seriously cant understand why The Ascension is getting so massively fucking buried by JBL (read: Vince) right now.

Even Adam Rose got more of a fair chance at the start, and Adam Rose is even more fucking useless than The Ascension.

Maybe H was pushing them too hard, maybe Vince got the shits with H always asking when he can bring them up to Raw. Maybe they looked at Vince while wiping their boots, who knows. Dude is crazy.

Think about the story Vince wants to tell.

He just had Cena vs the entire roster and now he is going to have Cena vs the top 2 heels.

In 2015.

A 37 year old man who can't throw a punch correctly is expected to beat a monster of a man and a Cross fit junkie.

All because he wears the yellow and red.

Vince living vicariously through his aging top star. Poor Vince :(

Problem is the heels make more sense than the faces.

Outside of Bryan what face is given a promo that makes sense?

Is Rusev face or heel? His run has been booked quite sensibly. Surely he's a face?

It was a segment with Hideo surrounding by dudes wearing Cryme Tyme gear and he was cutting a promo using the worst ebonics since Akeem.

He debuted and JBL was saying the worst shit to put him over, it would make his Ascension burial seem like Gorilla being supportive to Hogan.

I woke up in cold sweats after that dream :(

That wasn't a dream, that was a premonition.

Ambrose isn't going to be the first guy to give Rusev a loss. If Vince is really high on Rusev that almost certainly means he's destined to lose to Cena or Orton.

Return of the Legend Killer? I can dig that.

kirblar

Felt like they were brought up because they either had to move em up or release them (had been in development forever), and the main roster desperately needs the warm bodies right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom