• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Damn bro it took you an hour?
E1gp577.gif

I didn't actually read it until a minute before my post.

Project 161 was very cool as an ARG, and never got too crazy.

...And then Chikara...

I'm pretty pleased that I called that shit as being entirely stupid on day 1 and then got a ton of abuse on various unenlightened message boards for it (i.e, not WrassleGAF, because we're awesome). That shit was so dumb and caused me to go from; buying every CHIKARA show, to; buying one CHIKARA show in two years and a ticket for their show in London.

The lengths people went to defend the whole 'shut down' thing as a good idea that would only increase interest in the promotion, yada yada, were just ridiculous.

Kaladin

I'm pretty pleased that I called that shit as being entirely stupid on day 1 and then got a ton of abuse on various unenlightened message boards for it (i.e, not WrassleGAF, because we're awesome). That shit was so dumb and caused me to go from; buying every CHIKARA show, to; buying one CHIKARA show in two years and a ticket for their show in London.

The lengths people went to defend the whole 'shut down' thing as a good idea that would only increase interest in the promotion, yada yada, were just ridiculous.

I'm not even a fan of Chikara after that whole angle. I just lost any hype I had for the promotion.

I think a lot of people here did.

Just read Steph's reason for no Elimination Chamber in February.

I always find myself a little surprised when the WWE gives an honest answer.

Sephzilla

You know they could do something crazy like....I dunno, re-design the chamber.

This. The Elimination Chamber was always over designed anyways.

It sucks that Elimination Chamber is going away. It's one of the only gimmick match themed PPVs that actually worked. Hell in a Cell, TLC, and MITB are the ones that need to die.

Kaladin

This. The Elimination Chamber was always over designed anyways.

It sucks that Elimination Chamber is going away. It's one of the only gimmick match themed PPVs that actually worked. Hell in a Cell, TLC, and MITB are the ones that need to die.

I loved that it was a last chance to get into the Mania main event. If you didn't win the Rumble, you can still go through "Satan's structure"!

Sephzilla

I loved that it was a last chance to get into the Mania main event. If you didn't win the Rumble, you can still go through "Satan's structure"!

I didn't like that it was a roadblock between the Rumble and Mania though, to be honest. I don't think there should be any PPVs between Rumble and Mania. Main event should be set the moment the rumble winner points to the sign.

I'd make it one of the fall/winter PPVs during WWE's "we dont care" season.

It was a necessary evil, but jesus did they go about it in a terrible manner. All the magic is gone.

And I buried BillRiccio so deep in this earth that even Evilore can't save him now :p

Are we doing a Royal Rumble pool?

I hope so! I'm undefeated!

It was a necessary evil, but jesus did they go about it in a terrible manner. All the magic is gone.

I appreciated that they wanted to do something 'cool' with it that fit in with CHIKARA's long running comic book-style story deal, but I'm pretty sure that if Quack had just came out and given reasons for why the promotion couldn't carry on in the way it had been, people would have understood to a greater degree than they understood the shut down angle. And likely wouldn't have felt ripped off either.

Kacho

Gold Member
I hope I don't catch heat but I'm glad there will be no more elimination chamber. I always thought it was too much. Like, thats what over booking looks like in cage form. I'm cool with just a regular steel cage and the occasional HitC match when needed but forget that stupid gimmick PPV that revolves around it. My hatred for gimmick PPVs other than the RR is a whole other subject though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom