• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Cornette was also the dude who talked about how Steen wouldn't make it anywhere because he was fat and lazy
QLDOeiB.gif

I hate the Bucks as wrestlers and they annoy me, but Cornette is someone who doesn't deserve any of the fame he gets. I hope the internet eventually turns on that moron. 'ROH fucked up because of the merch and livestream people! I had absolutely nothing to do with it!'

The internet turned on Cornette a long time ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cornette thought Matt Morgan was the future. Cornette who tries to shit on guys like Diesel/Nash and other 'steroid no-talents'

Matt Morgan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cornette thought Matt Morgan was the future. Cornette who tries to shit on guys like Diesel/Nash and other 'steroid no-talents'

Matt Morgan.

He should have been but something, somewhere went wrong. Dude had all the tools.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He should have been but something, somewhere went wrong. Dude had all the tools.

Except for how to work a match. Matt Morgan is the 'indie short trunks puro mark' of big guys. Even Nash was like 'dude that's not even close to the psychology of how you work a match as a big guy.'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Except for how to work a match. Matt Morgan is the 'indie short trunks puro mark' of big guys. Even Nash was like 'dude that's not even close to the psychology of how you work a match as a big guy.'

He had a great physique, great statue, huge - but just never...got it. Fuckin' shame.

strobogo

Banned
Matt Morgan screams 'Natural Born Thrillers.'

And as much as I like the year 2000, you can't go anywhere after that.

This is frighteningly accurate. I can't believe I never made that connection. He would have been in a team with Sean O'Haire that made it on to Metal once a month during the Invasion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also find it amazing that Big Vito got a decent push in both WCW and WWE. Of all people. Vito. Course I remember when WCW was trying to push Saturn really hard for a while. Too bad it didn't work out. I imagine his drug problems had a part in that.

It's the skirts, man. Maybe Ryback will come back in a skirt.

Kacho

Gold Member
Matt Morgan had that finish a few years back where he hugged and fake punched with another dude until they got disqualified, right? That sure was something.

strobogo

Banned
I also find it amazing that Big Vito got a decent push in both WCW and WWE. Of all people. Vito. Course I remember when WCW was trying to push Saturn really hard for a while. Too bad it didn't work out. I imagine his drug problems had a part in that.

It's the skirts, man. Maybe Ryback will come back in a skirt.

Saturn was dope, though. Vito sucked and had a terrible look. At least in WCW, where he was even more of an egg than Karl Anderson, but with the added benefit of terrible late 90s clothing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saturn was dope, though. Vito sucked and had a terrible look. At least in WCW, where he was even more of an egg than Karl Anderson, but with the added benefit of terrible late 90s clothing.

Saturn was great. Loved his finish, enjoyed his work in-ring. Busted his ass trying to get over, too.

I think best Saturn was right when he was about to leave the Flock, but immediately afterwards he was pretty dope too, pre-dress.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is frighteningly accurate. I can't believe I never made that connection. He would have been in a team with Sean O'Haire that made it on to Metal once a month during the Invasion.

They would late break up off screen and he'd team up with ... I don't know, Shane Douglas and they'd be the Franchise Blueprint

Oh I agree. I just thought the push was weird. I loved Saturn as a kid. For some reason I vividly remember the angle where Raven told him to break some jobber's fingers or that he would do it to Saturn.

strobogo

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;147464288 said:
whhhhyyy hasn't anyone adopted the rings of saturn yet.

eh some lame diva will probably use it.

Bateaster did it for a while. Gets used in NJ fairly regularly, although not as a finishing submission.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Had a solid elbow drop too
Saturn+2.gif

DS7lbU.gif

When you're in the same promotion as Savage and still have a noticeable elbow drop? That's a mark of quality.

Hasney

I can't beat these levels in Duck Tales remastered :(

I remember the original being insanely easy.

Duck Tales was never easy, it was just easier than a lot of other NES games. It's a lot harder than most modern games, so stick with it and those old skills will come back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom