• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

We'll I'm off to see everyone's favorite new movie... The Hobbit Part 3.
It's the last day before they stop showing it on LieMax, so time to go and check it out.

Before that I will be having Authetic Mexican food!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me, tonight I need to put more work into my 1000 Matches project. Anyone want to recommend anything on the Network or on NJPW World? Something small. I just need a few matches.

strobogo

Banned
How about the actual rip off of Van Halen's Running with the Devil siren?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JppeJhuqI0

An audio investigation reveals that are ever so slightly in a different key. I'm talking by maybe 2-3%. So totally not a rip off.

https://vid.me/AeQ2

That reminds me, tonight I need to put more work into my 1000 Matches project. Anyone want to recommend anything on the Network or on NJPW World? Something small. I just need a few matches.

Kensuke Sasaki vs Tenryu
Bam Bam Big Yellow vs Russian Dude
King Mabel vs Diesel Summerslam 1995
Mancow vs Jimmy Hart Spring Stampede 2000

Alucard

Banned
Tonight's scheduled Lucha Underground matches:

-AeroStar vs. Argenis vs. Angelico vs. Cage in a four-way elimination match

-Blue Demon and Chavo Guerrero confrontation

-Drago vs. King Cuerno

-Prince Puma vs. Fenix for Lucha Underground Championship

Sounds really damn good, especially the last two matches.

Cagey

Banned
I hate to be a dick but there are more tools than being tall and having muscles.

Yup. It helps to know where all the best organic food grocers and eating places are.

Can't forget the bloodlines tool.

FLGIMGS1000000150_-00_American-Samoa-Flag-Crest-Clip-Art_3.jpg

Goldberg v. The Flock.

Apparently NJPW are looking for a new partner for Rocky Romero, with Trent Barretta as the frontrunner. Also, Legend Pro seem to be teasing a Sekimoto vs Ishii feud, hopefully part of it will happen in New Japan.

JavyOO7

Watch 31 July edition of NXT and see the Ascension vs jobbers match. And the awesome promo afterwards. Won't take more than 5 minutes of your time...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bootaay, FallingEdge, whoever else likes the Young Bucks, I've been doing my research on some of his NJPW tours in the 90s. I've watched a decent amount of his matches and how he gets heat from Japanese fans, and I think that I'm in the right when I say this.

The Young Bucks are the new Buff Bagwell.

Bootaay, FallingEdge, whoever else likes the Young Bucks, I've been doing my research on some of his NJPW tours in the 90s. I've watched a decent amount of his matches and how he gets heat from Japanese fans, and I think that I'm in the right when I say this.

I thought you liked Buff

strobogo

Banned

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Razor/Diesel feud was hot fire in 94. I didn't even care that Shawn and Kid were there.
dfieselthrowo3epk.gif

hbkelbowz7s29.gif

Weird that Perfect is face on color for this match. There's no heel commentator. Unless you count Vince's unhideable boner for Shawn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently NJPW are looking for a new partner for Rocky Romero, with Trent Barretta as the frontrunner. Also, Legend Pro seem to be teasing a Sekimoto vs Ishii feud, hopefully part of it will happen in New Japan.

Awesome. I want to see Sekimoto make more NJPW moves and be shown more. Guy's incredibly impressive, and I've seen him fuck around with Ishii and it makes Ishii look like a baby. His eyes though...

Watch 31 July edition of NXT and see the Ascension vs jobbers match. And the awesome promo afterwards. Won't take more than 5 minutes of your time...

Ok!

Mighty No 9 looks like absolute trash. Looks like a low-rent knockoff of a megaman game, which I guess is what it is.

Makes me think of a cheap infinite runner mobile game. Art looks so bland, very sad considering what could have been :(

I honestly feel Kerry was the best of all of those brothers. If you're interested in the tragic tale of the family, there's a WWE documentary about WCCW that digs in since the Von Erichs basically were wrestling in that area and that period. The other stuff about the promotion is good as well, and worth seeing.

Oooooo thanks for the heads up, I do enjoy a good wrestling doco. I'll have to track that one down if it's not on the Network yet.

Haha, there were like 10 pages of that thread where people were debating whether they should get the regular or XL version of the new 3DS and nintendo of america just made the decision for them.

Which sucks because the increased PPI on the regular 3DS makes it my pick (as well as the awesome replaceable cases, the Majoras Mask one is awesome!).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That was a great match. Glad X-Pac linked it since nobody watches Action Zone. Also that was Pettengill not Perfect.

Top five Diesel match. And probably X-Pac. And Razor. I don't know about Shawn, maybe. I'd have to look.
G9cXAHX.jpg

Diesel sandbagging in the back for like 5 minutes is hilarious

somedevil

More on the NXT live event in Ohio:

As noted, the first-ever WWE NXT live event outside of Florida takes place on March 5th in Columbus, Ohio at the LC Pavilion. This is a 2,200 seat arena and it's part of the Arnold Classic expo weekend, where Triple H will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Stars advertised include Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Kevin Owens, Adrian Neville and NXT Champion Sami Zayn.

So do you think they will sell out this show? Right now the highest amount they got was 500 people for a recent show.

The Izod Center in New Jersey could be closing down soon, forcing WWE to move this year's Summerslam to somewhere else.

Is Brooklyn available?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Immortals is out on iOS, get movin people. Downloading now.

Fintan

My recommendation is Shelton Benjamin versus Triple H from that time on Raw. I do not know if it is on the network, but I hope so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Ithil

More on the NXT live event in Ohio:

So do you think they will sell out this show? Right now the highest amount they got was 500 people for a recent show.

Is Brooklyn available?

Unlikely but it's a good show of ambition. They'll probably get some main roster guys for meet and greets at the show to drive up interest.

It'll probably be their biggest ever NXT crowd, in any case. The Arnold Classic apparently brings a big crowd to the city, which is news to me but it explains the location and timing.

Depends, you might already be pretty much in the statistical clear Sunny:

Appendicitis is most common between the ages of 5 and 40; the median age is 28. It tends to affect males, those in lower income groups, and, for unknown reasons, people living in rural areas.

WELL NOW IM PARANOID AS FUCK THAT MY CURRENT TIRED CONDITION IS DUE TO A SHITY APPENDIX

<_>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know people like to talk about Hogan's body size jump from WWF to WCW due to lack of drug testing. But man, Macho's is just as ridiculous. His arms are fucking tiny in this match. Flair's arms look better. Flair's.

We'll I'm off to see everyone's favorite new movie... The Hobbit Part 3.
It's the last day before they stop showing it on LieMax, so time to go and check it out.

Before that I will be having Authetic Mexican food!
Sopes with rice and beans for lunch today. Yummy!!

speaking of Mexican, had a food truck burrito for lunch today. Standard grilled chicken with beans, cheese and some veggies. I say food truck, but it's a campus food truck so it's not great but i'll take it over Taco Bell

e: Damn, D Bry gets nothing in terms of personality. Couldn't even make him Stryker or somethin

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, Immortals is just an Injustice re skin and it sucks. Fun character designs for everyone except Bryan, wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom