• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Backstage with DB. Says he worked with Sami Zayn and Finn Balor to prep for his return.

dmbNBbU.gif

Glad to hear it buddy.
His hair has gotten crazily long now. To think he had a nearly bald buzzcut in 2012.

Rollins vs Orton makes the most sense for him.

Cena's kind of the odd man out in all of this.

I forgot about Orton. They have a feud there and Orton was pretty great during his face turn. That would be a good match.

Toki767

His hair has gotten crazily long now. To think he had a nearly bald buzzcut in 2012.

His plan worked. He originally wanted to grow out his hair, but he grew out his beard first so that no one would notice his hair was getting longer. Except now he can't shave his beard because that's what people associate him with.

I bet someone will shave off his beard on camera to get heel heat though.

Just checked, my Network sub's up after Mania, which works out nicely. Going to cancel if the haven't uploaded some territory footage by then - it's so galling that they have this huge library of content but aren't using it, or even communicating what's going on or what their priorities and goals are for the Network, content-wise.

somedevil

Crowd would totally get behind Rollins there. We also saw a Rollins/Reigns match a few weeks ago and it really wasn't all that good, which is quite a feat given it's Rollins.

I still think Bryan/Lesnar for the title, and Reigns/Rusev is the way to go. Rollins, I'm not sure, him vs Cena would probably be a great match but suffer from old Cenawinslol inevitably.
Reigns/Rusev is high profile enough and would be a good upper card win (given Rusev's undefeated streak has been really well built) because Reigns is simply not at all ready for any kind of main event or co-main event match.

Its just you have this list of guys and its going to be hard to put together a card where everyone has a match and plus you have the Undertaker doing another match as well.

Face: Bryan, Cena, Ziggler, Reigns, Ambrose, Undertaker, Sting and Orton
Heel: Rollins, Lesnar, Triple H, Bray, Rusev, Big Show Harper, BNB, Kane

You can see they are weak on the heel side for big matches. So some are not going to have the big match at Wrestlemania.

edit: Plus Bryan now has 2000 Y2J hair and hairstyle going

Kaladin

Anyone notice how when they added Seth Rollins to the Royal Rumble main event that they completely forgot that Cena / Lesnar / Rollins is the final battle for John Cena and Brock Lesnar?

I have a secret review coming but all I can tell you is that Matt Striker might be the worst color commentator I've ever heard.

I died a little inside every time Striker added faux-Japanese accent to puroresu or lariato. Or anyone's name in general. Or when JR put him in his place for using insider terms and he carried on doing it, the fuck. Also, "Blue Day-mon Jr". Ugh.

somedevil

Wow Meltzer with the ROH burn on if NXT starts touring:

One thing notable is that if NXT were to tour, and at least as long as the top five guys listed are still on the roster, they are real competition to ROH because Zayn, Owens, Neville, Itami and Balor are all guys that are known to ROH fans and have as much or more star power to that audience than the guys ROH has.

Ithil

Its just you have this list of guys and its going to be hard to put together a card where everyone has a match and plus you have the Undertaker doing another match as well.

Face: Bryan, Cena, Ziggler, Reigns, Ambrose, Undertaker, Sting and Orton
Heel: Rollins, Lesnar, Triple H, Bray, Rusev, Big Show Harper, BNB, Kane

You can see they are weak on the heel side for big matches. So some are not going to have the big match at Wrestlemania.

edit: Plus Bryan now has 2000 Y2J hair and hairstyle going

I think it's really up in the air if Taker will be back. There's not really a point as far as the streak goes now, and it's not like he's in great condition physically.

I have it on good authority that Undertaker will not be returning to wrestling and is instead playing the cryptkeeper in a remake of the board game Nightmare.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Anyone notice how when they added Seth Rollins to the Royal Rumble main event that they completely forgot that Cena / Lesnar / Rollins is the final battle for John Cena and Brock Lesnar?

They didn't forget, probably just realized Cena/Lesnar isn't the epic feud they try to sell it as.

somedevil

I think it's really up in the air if Taker will be back. There's not really a point as far as the streak goes now, and it's not like he's in great condition physically.

Its basically for Undertaker its him versus Bray or nothing. If the Undertaker doesn't do the show who does Bray face?

If you go through the list most likely its either Ziggler or Orton. He has faced the rest and Reigns won't happen cause they want him to have a higher match on the card.

23ED2B64-E7BF-4833-B3D2-E6781E48AC49_mw800_s-668x350.jpg

Внима́ние! Внима́ние! The following OT is dedicated to the leader of the free world, Vladimir Putin.

It's the road to Wrestlemania! The time of year where we all convince ourselves that THIS is the year where things get good. But don't worry, THIS is the year where things get good.

jJi2rH15yaicO.jpg

...fuck

COMMUNITY NEWS

Bionic's carny ass retired again, we wish him the best in his future endeavors for the next week.

The avatar rumble is still scheduled for sometime this month, keep an eye on the topic for more details

fJM48bw.jpg

ibsChvV0fb9Ggy.gif

The Authority has returned, and all Rollins had to do was beat up 2 overrated canadians, fun and playful times are ahead, friends

ex6EUOo.gif

Daniel Bryan is back, 2014 was the very definition of a roller coaster for him, so it's great that he's finally returning to action at the Royal Rumble and we're all excited to see him main event Wrestlemania again, but I feel like I'm forgetting someone...

ijqf93pXypWtV.gif

FIwc1jk.gif

eh, guess not

20140301013507!NXT_Wrestling.png

OVl7gVn.gif
iD2Cvcr4csK5Y.gif

We're all still reeling from R-Evolution, and with only one more Ascension match to suffer through it looks like we can finally fully enjoy wonderful NXT programming

Total Divas

Total_Divas_2014_logo.png

Don't act like you're not excited. What does the future hold for John and Nikki? How many Paige gifs will the first episode provide us with? Will Vinny finally trade up? What about Rosa who is apparently on the show? Find out the answers to these burning questions and more on Total Divas!

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

iSkkAtPWQtsAf.gif

NJPW-Logo.png

BarrenSlightAlbatross.gif

NJPW is on a serious hot streak, Sakura vs Rio is one of the best feuds going in pro wrasslin today, keep an eye on this promotion.

Wall of shame

jP5OxWq2rao6I.jpg

Happy new year, guys

tumblr_myazinAfAH1qcluu2o7_250.gif
tumblr_myazinAfAH1qcluu2o4_250.gif

Big-Show-baby.gif

How big is Immortals on Android?

1.27 GB

Pretty funny that they finally put Daniel Bryan's shirts back for sale on WWEShop and they're basically all on backorder. You'd think they could have prepared a little bit.

tm24

I died a little inside every time Striker added faux-Japanese accent to puroresu or lariato. Or anyone's name in general. Or when JR put him in his place for using insider terms and he carried on doing it, the fuck. Also, "Blue Day-mon Jr". Ugh.

His pronunciation of Blue Demon pisses me off. It's the same thing! Theres no accent! Ugh!

tm24

Pretty funny that they finally put Daniel Bryan's shirts back for sale on WWEShop and they're basically all on backorder. You'd think they could have prepared a little bit.

Proof that Dbry can't sell merch. Can't sell what's not there.

You might be interested in these Roman Reigns shirts though.

Imagine if Kane finally wins the rumble this year?

Indeed, the logical build up where Kane goes to both avenge Taker's loss against Brock and get his Wrestlemania moment will create tearful joyous memories that will last a lifetime, he then retires as WWE champ leaving it vacant for a tournament or something.

Alucard

Banned
Excuse the poor quality, but..

http://i.imgur.com/LSrdXN0.gif

Hasn't missed a step.

Wait until you watch the full match before judging.
His kicks at the start of the match look pretty weak.

Also, looks like he may have changed his moveset a biiiit...no missile drop kick, but a crooss body off the top instead. and no. Suicide dive (I know he did it on Raw), but a kick through the ropes instead.

...at least in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom