• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Me too. The older kids played it and told me it was too scary for me. I watched them play. Good times. Doing a lot of reminiscing today.

I watched my brother play it and he told me 'you can play it if you want.' I had barely seen horror movies let alone zombies prior to that game so I was like 'i don't want to play it!'

tm24

I find it weird to buy wrestlers gifts in general. The only way you should be giving them money is for merch or just some sort of donation thing on their site (preferably anonymously). But I also don't 'fanboy' video game industry figures and I imagine that's a similar situation.

and Eastbound and Down is garbage

Where do you stand on throwing money into the ring?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit math.

Uhh..

Saturday the 24th at 8pm EST/5pm PST

Hmmmm... Girl vs Wrestling... Girl vs Wrestling... The eternal debate.

Don't be a "she sits in the third row" dude. Go do your thing. We win whatever we win.

DiscoJon

Banned
Ah, making sure to invite her round to watch the Avatar Rumble with you. Smart. Just make sure we're invited to the wedding.

teddy11.gif

Paracelsus

Approaching WM21, HHH tried to have Batista run over, Batista learned about it, turned on him, HHH said he'd beat Batista within an inch of his life, Batista destroyed Flair and HHH bailed out, then they signed the contract, brawled and so on. Cena lost the US title, attacked the GM, got a "zero tolerance" clause, provoked JBL and got arrested.

We're few days away from WM and we don't know who is gonna fight who and more importantly why.

Fox318

A good gimmick would be the monolpoly man. You gave out fake money for fans to throw on stage when you hit "the money shot"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope they go all the way with this Okada thing. Have vignettes of him going around Tokyo trying to get back his fake money, grow a big scraggly beard, temporarily work as Tanahashi's 'boy'. Tanahashi making him hold his coat and driving him from place to place. 'You call me Mr. IWGP, boy' he says.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yakuza is rad as hell. Wish 2 wasn't so expensive

I preordered it when it came out. And I was the only copy the store got in. Not a good sign. Sega's fault for waiting so long though. Just like they're doing with 5. Yeah no wonder it bombed when you put it out months after the new system is out.

Sheamus better have grown out that beard, fact. He can look like his Immortals counterpart, fact, and start talking about his Gaelic ancestry again, fact. I also miss the beginning lines of his theme music, fact.

Speaking of which, why does WWE take out the intros to theme entrances? BnB's intro went from certified Englishman to I-am-Tazz, fact.

I'll probably get The Show this year. Bough '08, '09 and '10, and after '10 I was bored of it. I figure with 5 years going by and a new console there has to be enough new shit to make it interesting by now. Why they picked the week after Bloodborne to release it though I'll never know.

I bought a Vita about 18 months ago and have yet to make a single purchase for it. I've only played whatever I get free with PS+. And there is currently a rather thick layer of dust on it. At least I scored the bundle that came with a year of PS+ free when Walmart had it on clearance.

I use my Vita as my Spelunky and Binding of Isaac machine. Daily run of each is nice and relaxing. And I've catching up with PSP mom-pedo games like TACTICS OGRE or Ys games.

It was dogshit, too. I miss The Show in 2009 when it actually brought some new shit to the genre. It's crap now. I had high hopes for a good portable Madden, too. Denied.

I enjoyed Madeen on the Vita for a while, but it's been crashing a lot recently. When you have no other options, you go with what you have.

I thought The Show 2014 was pretty good... I had not played in years though

at least it's not NHL15. As a canadian it's the first NHL i've skipped in like 15 years, fuck them

The Show 14 was the first one I had played. Again, one game a day was entertaining enough. The Show 15 on Vita will be just a roster update though, I think.

A good gimmick would be the monolpoly man. You gave out fake money for fans to throw on stage when you hit "the money shot"

We need an atheist gimmick, fact. He can then be fed to Reigns, who gives out monopoly money to make it Reigns.

Then, after his match, he holds out his money, points to "In God We Trust", and in a loud and clear voice, says along with America: "Buh-leev Dat!"

Reigns goes over, defeats atheism, and has a new gimmick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We need an atheist gimmick, fact. He can then be fed to Reigns, who gives out monopoly money to make it Reigns.

Then, after his match, he holds out his money, points to "In God We Trust", and in a loud and clear voice, says along with America: "Buh-leev Dat!"

Reigns goes over, defeats atheism, and has a new gimmick.
But we just got rid of CM Punk
I just realized Orton's not in Immortals but fucking Sheamus is. Ugh.

That's because Orton has no personality.

I caved in and subscribed to the Network , Will probably cancel after the Rumble and sign up again for Mania. In the meantime im on a Rumble binge upto 2006 at the minute.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they go all the way with this Okada thing. Have vignettes of him going around Tokyo trying to get back his fake money, grow a big scraggly beard, temporarily work as Tanahashi's 'boy'. Tanahashi making him hold his coat and driving him from place to place. 'You call me Mr. IWGP, boy' he says.

Are you asking for a Robert Garcia "Riches to Rags" storyline?
GvvYgNK.jpg

Side note, when using "Row-baah" I always picked the Seagal color scheme.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I'm thinking of stopping writing about wrestling. Wife is due with out second daughter in 2.5 months, and as much as I enjoy giffing shit, I think my quality of life would be better without feeling tied to writing about this stuff about twice a week. Don't even get any cash for it, so it's not super worth it to do it as much as I do...would probably enjoy the shows more that way too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I'm thinking of stopping writing about wrestling. Wife is due with out second daughter in 2.5 months, and as much as I enjoy giffing shit, I think my quality of life would be better without feeling tied to writing about this stuff about twice a week. Don't even get any cash for it, so it's not super worth it to do it as much as I do...would probably enjoy the shows more that way too.

Then stop. You'll find life is better without a deadline.

DiscoJon

Banned
How many of you guys are doing different wrestling related gifs/articles/write ups/etc for different websites?

Strobo
Alucard
Sunny
Bootaaay

Anyone else?

Have you guys ever thought all joining up and doing something together?

Vylash

5582568469_c39da619ec.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Power of Teamwork:
nw0U76h.gif

How many of you guys are doing different wrestling related gifs/articles/write ups/etc for different websites?

Strobo
Alucard
Sunny
Bootaaay

Anyone else?

As much as I like writing, it's such a bummer to have deadlines and feel like you need to finish content.

I like it, but I need to really feel the fever.

Do it whenever you feel motivated to do it. This is something you should be doing for fun in your spare time. Not some self-imposed obligation. It's like those nerds over in gaming side who complain about backlog or only play games to beat the and move on to the next. The moment a hobby goes from being fun to just more stress, you either need to take a break from it or revaluate if you even love it.

Just watch the shows, enjoy yourself, don't make something that should be fun into uneeded stress in your life, brother.

UberTag

Strobo
Alucard
Sunny
Bootaaay

Anyone else?

Then they could put Meltzer and Alvarez out of business instead of just saying mean things about them in here. To say nothing of those jokers at Wrestlezone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom