• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Controls like dookie. Just play the Yakuza games instead, at least those games are good enough to have more made of them. The only dreamcast game you need to play is Power Stone.

Shenmue was good enough to have more made of it. You're gonna eat my fist, FRUNKLE.

Kacho

Gold Member
Shenmue is a game I'm glad I never played back in the day. It's too old at this point to even bother with now, and not being a fan means I don't have to suffer with the fact that there will probably never be a Shenmue 3.

Shenmue was good enough to have more made of it. You're gonna eat my fist, FRUNKLE.

Kk69Y2.gif

I do feel bad for Shenmue fans and hope you get closure

imBask

Banned
just to heel it up a little more

i'm not a fan of old games with "outdated" controls so i'm afraid I might not like Shemnue

to put things in perspective, I played Super Metroid for the first time at 24, last year. I hated most of it because of the "triggers to aim up and down"... the game itself wasn't that bad but I just couldn't enjoy it as much as other people did, nostalgia is a pretty big factor when it comes to old games

OoT controls like garbage but I still like it because of nostalgia

Hasney

If someone asked me to choose between a night with Layla or give the world Shenmue 3, y'all better be content with never finding out what happens with Ryo.

Hasney

i'm not a fan of old games with "outdated" controls so i'm afraid I might not like Shemnue

to put things in perspective, I played Super Metroid for the first time at 24, last year. I hated most of it because of the "triggers to aim up and down"... the game itself wasn't that bad but I just couldn't enjoy it as much as other people did, nostalgia is a pretty big factor when it comes to old games

OoT controls like garbage but I still like it because of nostalgia

I can play old games that control like crap fine as long as it's on an analogue stick. Trying to play some 3D PS1 games is a joke.

somedevil

Guess who could be coming back to Smackdown:

There's talk that Sheamus may return to action at tomorrow night's WWE SmackDown tapings in Austin, Texas.

The idea is that Sheamus returning on SmackDown would be a way to promote the move to Thursday nights.

We've noted that WWE may be bringing Sheamus back as a heel and it looks like they're sticking to that plan.

I bet this will cause fear for a possible royal rumble finish no one wants.

Kacho

Gold Member
Nah, it's never too old, play it.

I probably wouldn't have the patience for it to be honest. I can't even enjoy Deus Ex these days despite numerous attempts to play it.

Guess who could be coming back to Smackdown to everyone's horror:

I really hope they manage to do something interesting with him this time and tweak his character a bit. Talk about someone wholes stale. He's like Randy Orton in ways. Pretty great in the ring all things considered but everything else surrounding them stinks.

Nah, you aren't wrong. Some people can't even touch FF7 because of how shit it looks. But I played it so much as a kid that my nostalgia prevents it from being off-putting to me. I'm sure if Shenmue got an HD collection or something, they could easily remedy the controls. You could have different schemes, an easier up to date one, or something more akin to the classic style that people who played it originally could use.

imBask

Banned
I can play old games that control like crap fine as long as it's on an analogue stick. Trying to play some 3D PS1 games us a joke.

both the PS1 and the 64 aged TERRIBLYYYYYY

Nah, you aren't wrong. Some people can't even touch FF7 because of how shit it looks. But I played it so much as a kid that my nostalgia prevents it from being off-putting to me. I'm sure if Shenmue got an HD collection or something, they could easily remedy the controls. You could have different schemes, an easier up to date one, or something more akin to the classic style that people who played it originally could use.

add FF7 to my list, I tried it for the first time 2 years ago and couldn't make it past the 3rd encounter

somedevil

The way you stated that, I thought it was going to be a horrible thing. Like Nathan Jones bad. Eh, that's not too bad.

I edited the post but him coming back leads to this fear in this topic of this possible Royal Rumble scenario:

Sheamus eliminates Bryan and they have a Wrestlemania match

StevieWhite

Gents:

Because I am afraid of being labeled a horrible carny whore, I have not been as forthcoming about sharing my ridiculous Fire Pro project as I perhaps could have been. In any event, here is everything I have done to date (it is in reverse order - if you are spoiler averse, scroll to the bottom):

http://www.subspacebc.com/?cat=71

And here's the videos if for some reason you hate my writing:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs0KPDKLj7eRDjrFPIIBDiMS4GMcZB_bb

Thank you for your kind consideration - I would appreciate any feedback you may have. Wrestlegaf is a constant source of entertainment for me during the work day, and I hope at least a few of you find this enjoyable.

PRUG COMPRETE.

Hasney

Gents:

Because I am afraid of being labeled a horrible carny whore, I have not been as forthcoming about sharing my ridiculous Fire Pro project as I perhaps could have been. In any event, here is everything I have done to date (it is in reverse order - if you are spoiler averse, scroll to the bottom):

http://www.subspacebc.com/?cat=71

And here's the videos if for some reason you hate my writing:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs0KPDKLj7eRDjrFPIIBDiMS4GMcZB_bb

Thank you for your kind consideration - I would appreciate any feedback you may have. Wrestlegaf is a constant source of entertainment for me during the work day, and I hope at least a few of you find this enjoyable.

PRUG COMPRETE.

Search any of the threads for legitshook.com sometime. Carny promoting is not just welcomed, it's allowed.

I'll Czech it out in the morning if I remember!

StevieWhite

Search any of the threads for legitshook.com sometimes. Carny promoting is not just welcomed, it's allowed.

I'll Czech it out in the morning if I remember!

Yeah, but Strobogo contributes a lot. I'm not quite so prolific - Just want to make sure everybody knows that I am not just some douchenozzle trying to put over his website!

DiscoJon

Banned
Hey Sunny, what time is the Avatar Rumble this weekend? I'm scheduling date #2 with the girl I went out with on Saturday and I don't want to overbook myself like last year.

Jamie OD

Couldn't help but laugh when someone I follow on Twitter asked without a hint of irony when the Rawlternative stream will be archived so he could watch it after Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Sunny, what time is the Avatar Rumble this weekend? I'm scheduling date #2 with the girl I went out with on Saturday and I don't want to overbook myself like last year.

24 hours before the Royal Rumble PPV starts. So whatever that is.

Hasney

Ah, making sure to invite her round to watch the Avatar Rumble with you. Smart. Just make sure we're invited to the wedding.

Fucking REmake. I bought that shit 10 years ago on GameCube. All they did was pan&scan the backgrounds. Don't even get me started on Revelations 2 not hitting 3DS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking REmake. I bought that shit 10 years ago on GameCube. All they did was pan&scan the backgrounds. Don't even get me started on Revelations 2 not hitting 3DS.

Now you know how Viter owners feel about Revelations 1!

like they always do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom