• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, JBL goes "Do you honestly think that Miz or Mizdow have a chance in hell to win the Rumble, Maggle?" and then Booker T goes "That's right John." So Michael Cole agrees with them, of course.

Worst announcers ever. Sure, they're right and everyone knows this, but you don't actually go on your own TV show and tell people "yeah, you don't really need to watch The Rumble, because most of these guys and these two especially are just there as filler and won't ever win."

Especially considering these two are in a Title match on Sunday, you've not only verbally buried Miz and Mizdow, The Rumble itself, you've also buried the tag-team belts.

UberTag

John Cena always demands that people respect him.
Clearly if they DID actually respect him and his 15 gift-wrapped title reigns he wouldn't NEED to demand it.
He has as many world titles as The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Brock Lesnar COMBINED. Do any of them need to "demand respect"? I think not.
Then again, let's be real. John Cena is Vince McMahon's avatar. So when John Cena "demands respect" that's really Vince demanding that you respect HIM.

Why do you guys all think that winning the Royal Rumble means that you're going to "headline" Wrestlemania? All winning the match means is that you get a title shot at Wrestlemania. Not that you're going to be in the last match of the show.

Which begs the question, regardless if Roman Reigns wins the Rumble or not, will he be in the "headline" (the final) match at Wrestlemania?
I believe Superoman wins the Rumble this Sunday. I may re-evaluate that belief if D.Brine "loses his Rumble spot" against Kane tomorrow night. But for now I believe they're sticking with their original plan.
I also believe he will be headlining WrestleMania and will be in that final match. Whether he is facing Lesnar, Rollins or BOTH Rollins & Ambrose (which are the only match possibilities I'm entertaining).

I'm still leaning towards Reigns-Lesnar in large part due to the Orton wild card. I have no clue who the fuck they match Orton up with if Rollins is tied up with a world title program.

What a long, boring opening segment, LOL Daniel Bryan, big shock the "round table" was about getting Reigns a pop though I did laugh at goofy old man Flair. The Ascension burying was telegraphed from the second JBL was shitting on them and really, meh it could've been worse and I'm sure they'll still get revenge even though I don't care. Oh and hey, Stang showed up for 20 seconds.

Happy MLK Jr. Day Truth! But hey, the New Day won I guess.

EDIT: I'm guessing Dusty wrote Brock's promo...

Aiii

So not worth it
image.png

Screen_Shot_2015_01_20_at_1_54_59_AM.png

image.png

Lance Storm, everyone. :lol

#RAWlternative was good fun last night, had to drop out in the 3rd hour though as it was getting late this side of the pond. Judging from the viewing numbers, I'd say it succeeded in getting indie wrestling fans to watch something other than RAW, but had little effect on anyone else, which is a shame.

Also, while it was super cool of all these companies to give away some of their highly touted matches from last year, it would have been a better advert for indie wrestling if the big guys were involved, ROH, WWN, PWG, etc.

He's so larger than life and it's even more noticeable now with the way the WWE roster is.

This is what I've been saying for years, smaller dudes make the big dudes look all the more imposing and impressive.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hey guys, remember the nWo, "The Outsiders" Scott Hall and Kevin Nash and their legendary third man...
vlcsnap-2015-01-20-10j8kgd.png

...Syxx?

If you watch a lot of early 1997 stuff, then yeah. Hogan doesn't show up all the time and the Outsider's best buddy is Syxx, who helps them out between stealing shiny title belts.

Aiii

So not worth it
If you watch a lot of early 1997 stuff, then yeah. Hogan doesn't show up all the time and the Outsider's best buddy is Syxx, who helps them out between stealing shiny title belts.

At the end of the segment, even X-Pac was like, wtf guys... And took of his shirt to reveal a DX shirt.

Hex

Banned
image.png

Screen_Shot_2015_01_20_at_1_54_59_AM.png

image.png

Lance Storm, everyone. :lol

Lance Storm seriously just comes off as a bitter social media hack anymore to be honest.
I am no Cena fan but really tired of Storm getting attention every time he makes a tweet griping about something on Wrestling sites.

Alucard

Banned
Lance Storm seriously just comes off as a bitter social media hack anymore to be honest.
I am no Cena fan but really tired of Storm getting attention every time he makes a tweet griping about something on Wrestling sites.

This isn't about squatting to get a superior ass. It's about ethics in social media posting.

Mahonay

Banned
I saw clips of The Ascension descending into the ground and having dirt thrown on them.

ibua1RLxq4hpKW.gif

From the time I started watching NXT (directly after the end of Big E's reign), The Ascension are the worst thing to have moved up to the main show. I have no fucking idea how no one adjusted their gimmick for all of that time they spent there. It pretty clearly needed to be changed up for them not to be a big joke.

Daniel Bryan no longer has the worst beard on TV...

#ThankYouSeamas
He was growing that out before he got injured. It's fucking gross.

That Cena tweet is pretty arrogant, and it actually makes NO SENSE. He's saying that is you're working your ass off, you're NOT doing squats. Idiot.

Good morning.

Of course they aren't doing squats, they don't have time because they are working their ass off. Not everyone gets paid millions of dollars to wear jorts and yell stupid shit. Lance is right.

joelseph

That's why he is jealous. He gets to see what real strength looks like and cena has to use these for his social media sharing
http://i.imgur.com/r5IakHn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dude has legit fake weights I seen it on Divas!

Did anything good come out of the last hour-ish? Fell asleeeep.

Ithil

Well this actually got revealed at the same time as WM 31, but WWE hadn't officially announced it til now.

I'm pretty interested to see them in that AT&T Stadium, it'll be the largest capacity stadium they've ever been in (especially when it will be set up for a wrestling ring), if they can sell it out it'll be over 100k fans there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom