• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Daniel Bryan no longer has the worst beard on TV...

clipboard011ejum.jpg

#ThankYouSeamas

Luckily we have a pretty Irishman in NXT to replace this orange bush.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I...actually may go to Mania since it's only a few hours away. I don't want to spend a fortune, but...

Kaladin

I...actually may go to Mania since it's only a few hours away. I don't want to spend a fortune, but...

Do it. It's worth every penny you spend, regardless of the card.

My suggestion: lower level seats.

Edit: I would also recommend getting a hotel and going to Raw the next night.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
What the hell is the plan for Cena for WM? I was thinking Bryan or Reigns would get the Rusev rub, so I'm not really sure what the plans are for him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Rollins. I don't remember it being cringe worthy like other promo botches so there's that.

It's a shame Cener called it out, though. But whatever. It's just one promo.

So I think I'll put together a Rumble Predictions game for this community. Are they actually drawing numbers on SD this week?

Potential questions:
- Who will win the Royal Rumble
- Who draws #1
- Who draws #2
- Who draws #30
- Who are the final four?

Kaladin

Noticed Triple H had a bracelet on Raw and it looked like something one of his daughters would make. I had to look it up, because I didn't realize his oldest would be 9 now.

6ufkgoV.jpg

I remember spending $300 for floor seats at Wrestlemania X8. I would avoid floor seats this time around. The view was terrible. You need to be in the first four or five rows.

DiscoJon

Banned

I spent 60 bucks on a far away floor seat for 'Mania 19. Could hardly see the ring, but ended up being right next to the Limp Biscuit performance.

It's totally worth it just for the vibe alone. So go for it, you'll be lucky if another top-tier PPV comes close to where you live.
That really rings true for me since WWE has said a big "fuck you" to the Pacific Northwest and we don't get any other feds up here AT ALL

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
- Daniel Bryan
- Daniel Bryan
- Dolph Ziggler
- Kane
- Roman Reigns / Dolph Ziggler / Kane / Daniel Bryan

I ain't askin' for your shitty predictions! I want to know if there's any way they're announcing any of these like entrant #1 or #30, before the Rumbo.

I spent 60 bucks on a far away floor seat for 'Mania 19. Could hardly see the ring, but ended up being right next to the Limp Biscuit performance.

It's totally worth it just for the vibe alone. So go for it, you'll be lucky if another top-tier PPV comes close to where you live.
That really rings true for me since WWE has said a big "fuck you" to the Pacific Northwest and we don't get any other feds up here AT ALL

I'm fine with being far away from the actual performance. Will watch on WWE Network on my phone when needed.

Aiii

So not worth it

So I think I'll put together a Rumble Predictions game for this community. Are they actually drawing numbers on SD this week?
Tonight, actually (rumored). On the Network in place of Main Event.

There's some kind of Santino program.

Browny

Banned
I ain't askin' for your shitty predictions! I want to know if there's any way they're announcing any of these like entrant #1 or #30, before the Rumbo.

That would kill almost all of the spectacle. I'm still bemused that they're drawings numbers. Tell me they're not drawing every single one - otherwise we know who the mystery entrants are.

This reads badly to me. I need more caffeine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight, actually (rumored). On the Network in place of Main Event.

There's some kind of Santino program.

Blegh. Well, fuck Royal Rumble Community Fun Time then. Thanks WWE

At least we'll have the Avatar Ramble. In WWE2k14. Recorded without a direct feed. And me playing music for entrants.

jmdajr

Noticed Triple H had a bracelet on Raw and it looked like something one of his daughters would make. I had to look it up, because I didn't realize his oldest would be 9 now.

6ufkgoV.jpg

I've gone to places with happy colorful stickers on me and I forget.

I'm sure that is intentional though. I don't know if it's his daughter's or some charity inspirational deal. I feel Steph has posted on twitter about the bracelet before.

jmdajr

I remember spending $300 for floor seats at Wrestlemania X8. I would avoid floor seats this time around. The view was terrible. You need to be in the first four or five rows.

I say lower bowl centered to ring is best. I the end you'll just be watching the Jerry jumbo tron anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds like TNA-standard production values there. You could at least get Bronson to hold the camera for you.

Nah the new camera I bought for this (so you get hd quality) has a mount. It'll be a Better Than Bronson Production.

The Ascention burial is the best thing gojng on right now. Two out of shape cosplaying basement dwellers calling themselves the GOAT as they get their asses kicked by 60 year old men is gold.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Ascention burial is the best thing gojng on right now. Two out of shape cosplaying basement dwellers calling themselves the GOAT as they get their asses kicked by 60 year old men is gold.

You take that back. They're in shape.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
This sucks that Main Event is gone. What the fuck Britain?

also Santinos royal rumble lottery is tonight, not on smackdown. Not sure if they'll actually draw numbers.

jmdajr

And yet they get a Royal Rumble match. I guess I don't know wtf the fuck is going on.
"Let's bury the fuck out of them to get them over."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I'm baffled with the Ascension burial. Not just because I love them.

- They were called up and immediately JBL sowed the seeds of this current 'feud' with NAO
- They were given new ring attire. This suggests they were meant to continue using it, so they're not going to get rebranded anytime soon
- They have done squash matches, so the actual booking itself suggests they are supposed to look strong

Is this really all just for a NAO match at Mania? That sounds fucking stupid to me. I could understand if they wanted to test the waters briefly and then rebrand them or give them a visual makeover, but why do that in the first place, change their attire and give them facepaint? It doesn't make any sense.

DiscoJon

Banned

Burial? You think this is over? They are the masters of disaster, the kings of carnage, the barons of bash, the sultans of smash, THEY ARE THE ASCENSION!

AND THEY...

...WILL RISE!

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly, I think they were only called up because they had to. Either put them on the main roster, or release them. I guess they figured it was worth a go.

It was clear from the start they weren't going to work out, but obviously there's a bunch of people backstage that were out for them to fail and set them up to do so.

Heroman

Banned

Potential questions:
- Who will win the Royal Rumble
- Who draws #1
- Who draws #2
- Who draws #30
- Who are the final four?
Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
Seth Rollins or Sting
HHH, Daniel Bryan, Sting, Rollins.

Status
Not open for further replies.