• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
It's not like the tag team division is thriving. Better than Titus and whatever random partner they give him. Better than Los Matadores. I'd rather watch NAO when compared to Ascension and New Day.

So sure, slit your wrists, if you'd like, for a popular tag team coming back for a short feud to put someone over when there aren't many other options.
So you think it was worth bringing NAO back last year to get squashed by The Sheild at Mania in a throw away match that no one remembers?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One thing that I find amazing about Brock is how quickly he establishes pecking order. Like you buy into him 100%. You sit there and think, 'fuck he sucks he's never around' then he shows up and you're quickly reminded why you're a fan. He's so larger than life and it's even more noticeable now with the way the WWE roster is.
Gotta make JBL look strong

JBL made himself look strong. That's some shit these millennials don't know about, brother.

rrc1594

I watched my first every match of New Japan Pro Wrestling, it was on AXS TV.

It was the 2013 Wrestle Kingdom 7 in Tokyo Dome

Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs.Kazuchika Okada

It was a great match with amazing pacing. I guess from the theme of the match it was a New school Vs. Old School. I was rooting for Okada he has a beautiful drop kick. You know what I can tell right off the bat the difference was from WWE. They weren't afraid to be a wrestling company, someone posted it before in this thread or last can't remember. That WWE is afraid of being a wrestling company, I can see that now. In the match they are talking about Okada and Tanahashi wrestling background where they learn their moves. They were even comparing some of their moves to people from other programs like WWE and ROH and it blew my mind. WWE would never a knowledge another wrestling company. This is the first time watching something other then WWE, I don't consider myself a hardcore wrestling fan and it was great to see something fresh. I can understand why so many of you guys trash WWE. I think WWE has been trash, and if your hardcore wrestle fan and watch thing like NJPW. Well you must think WWE is straight garbage.

I watched my first every match of New Japan Pro Wrestling, it was on AXS TV.

It was the 2013 Wrestle Kingdom 7 in Tokyo Dome

Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs.Kazuchika Okada

It was a great match with amazing pacing. I guess from the theme of the match it was a New school Vs. Old School. I was rooting for Okada he has a beautiful drop kick. You know what I can tell right off the bat the difference was from WWE. They weren't afraid to be a wrestling company, someone posted it before in this thread or last can't remember. That WWE is afraid of being a wrestling company, I can see that now. In the match they are talking about Okada and Tanahashi wrestling background where they learn their moves. They were even comparing some of their moves to people from other programs like WWE and ROH and it blew my mind. WWE would never a knowledge another wrestling company. This is the first time watching something other then WWE, I don't consider myself a hardcore wrestling fan and it was great to see something fresh. I can understand why so many of you guys trash WWE. I think WWE has been trash, and if your hardcore wrestle fan and watch thing like NJPW. Well you must think WWE is straight garbage.

Join us in the good fight, friend. Subscribe to NJPW World. It is only 8 US Dollars or your local equivalent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So anybody else think 'sell me on' threads come off as insanely arrogant? Like we should really care enough to make you like something.

wwe.com's featured superstars heading into the Rumble. No Bryan to be found.

l6rGTYT.png

One thing that I find amazing about Brock is how quickly he establishes pecking order. Like you buy into him 100%. You sit there and think, 'fuck he sucks he's never around' then he shows up and you're quickly reminded why you're a fan. He's so larger than life and it's even more noticeable now with the way the WWE roster is.

JBL made himself look strong. That's some shit these millennials don't know about, brother.

Seriously. THAT IS HOW YOU BOOK BROCK. Stop making him a cowardly heel who runs away from Cena after he fucking dominated him. Make him a fucking beast chomping at the bit to kill some people. As much as I kinda just dislike Brock as a person and a performer
still salty for him leaving us
, even with his terrible voice, he really is just a freak of nature. Like.. monster athlete, it's nuts how much of a natural he is.

GAF, sell me on breathing

Ehhh.. New Breathing is due out next month, just wait.

scabro

That's because he actually does things other than stand there and try to look intimidating.

hes better than conor but that aint even a compliment.

Ascension were never even over in NXT. Shit, all they had was the entrance when the dude before VIktor was there and a chant the crowd made up because there was nothing else interesting going on in their matches.

hopefully the new age outlaws do us all a favor

Mahonay

Banned
hes better than conor but that aint even a compliment.

Ascension were never even over in NXT. Shit, all they had was the entrance when the dude before VIktor was there and a chant the crowd made up because there was nothing else interesting going on in their matches.

hopefully the new age outlaws do us all a favor
The moment you realize it may have been a mistake for WWE to break up their two best stables, in The Shield and The Wyatts, at the same time.

Definitely not surprised to see The Ascension floundering on the main show. You're right, they were never over with that gimmick on NXT. They had a chant that people thought was funny. That was it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am fiending for something to play before Yakuza comes out(whenever that is) and the outlook hasn't been good. I wonder when I became one of those people that hated games.

MC Safety

So anybody else think 'sell me on' threads come off as insanely arrogant? Like we should really care enough to make you like something.

I always thought of them as more dumb than anything else.

I'm not inclined toward this thing, but I feel bad or inadequate for not having seen/read/played it, so you build an argument to make me inclined toward it.

It's worse when the person knows he doesn't like whatever it is. Because god forbid you don't like what everyone else likes or thinks is important, etc.

Anth0ny

So Wrestlemania 31 Premium VIP axxess people are:

-Cena
-Reigns
-Triple H
-Sting
-Hogan

bryan gets a regular ass autograph booth, along with ambrose, orton and some other geeks.

also:

don't get your hopes up for this sunday, kids.

Is Hiroshi Tanahashi like Cena cause he has won 5 Wrestle Kingdom in a row? Isn't that like their WM.

Basically, but he does a lot more jobs than Cena in tag matches and such because that's just the way NJPW books people. And yes, Wrestle Kingdom is like their Wrestlemania and happens every year on January 4th.

So Wrestlemania 31 Premium VIP axxess people are:

-Cena
-Reigns
-Triple H
-Sting
-Hogan

bryan gets a regular ass autograph booth, along with ambrose, orton and some other geeks.

also:

don't get your hopes up for this sunday, kids.

You missed out on this like.. a week ago. It's pretty crazy if anyone legitimately believes anyone but Roman is winning the Rumble. Head into Sunday expecting the worst everyone, that way if he DOESNT win, it'll be that much better and if he does, at least you were prepared.

Aiii

So not worth it
Quite enjoying Raw so far, bring back a bunch of the best talkers in the past and it's hard to suck, I suppose. If the 2nd hour is as good as the first, at least. (Did you know that Raw last night was only 2 hours and 8 minutes of actual show, out of 3 hours + overrun?)

You missed out on this like.. a week ago. It's pretty crazy if anyone legitimately believes anyone but Roman is winning the Rumble. Head into Sunday expecting the worst everyone, that way if he DOESNT win, it'll be that much better and if he does, at least you were prepared.

I don't really care enough about WWE right now to get too upset if Reigns wins the Rumble. I expect this is the case for many.

Anth0ny

shit I heard it on the LAW on sunday. usually meltzer or alvarez would mention something like this on one of their million podcasts lol.

If they really do give it to Roman, at the very least we can expect one hell of a crowd reaction, right?

god damn how crazy would it be if Roman throws Bryan over the top rope and goes full heel, Rocky Maivia style? I think that would be pretty great, as his babyface character is going nowhere. But they obviously want Cena 2.0... dude will probably never go heel for the rest of his career.

I've thought Reigns was winning the Rumble for a while now. Nothing has happened that makes me think differently. The people who run the company are infamous for doubling down hard when people on the outside are doubting their decision making, and I expect this to be no different. Reigns will win the Rumble, win the title at Mania, then become John Cena.

"You think we are making the wrong choice? Well fuck you! We'll show you!"

The company is run by an old man who has the attitude of a petulant child, so I expect nothing less.

I just want to know who they're giving the 1v1 Brock kill to? Is he done after the Rumble? Why did they have him with the streak? Who is going to get to beat the 1 in 21 and 1? Cena? They killed Taker so Cena can get the rub from it in the end? lol

Toki767

I just want to know who they're giving the 1v1 Brock kill to? Is he done after the Rumble? Why did they have him with the streak? Who is going to get to beat the 1 in 21 and 1? Cena? They killed Taker so Cena can get the rub from it in the end? lol

Well they never did do Taker vs Cena so this is close enough to what the end result would've been.

The plan was always Reigns vs. Lesnar. Now they are getting cold feet because they don't think Lesnar will re-sign in time for Mania and they don't want another Mania XX situation where both guys are getting booed to hell. That's why there is talk of them maybe taking the belt off of him now.

RAW ??/10

Probably Roman because they really want him to be the biggest thing in the company and they probably think that would do it.

Aiii

So not worth it
If they really want to do an upset -outta nowhere- finish to the Rumble, they would have either Rusev or Ambrose win the rumble. Depending on who is champ after the Rumble.

Toki767

The funny thing is after Raw tonight, you come out of it wanting a one on one match between Brock and Seth.

Instead, Cena's in the match just because.

DiscoJon

Banned
Why do you guys all think that winning the Royal Rumble means that you're going to "headline" Wrestlemania? All winning the match means is that you get a title shot at Wrestlemania. Not that you're going to be in the last match of the show.

Which begs the question, regardless if Roman Reigns wins the Rumble or not, will he be in the "headline" (the final) match at Wrestlemania?

Vylash

Why do you guys all think that winning the Royal Rumble means that you're going to "headline" Wrestlemania? All winning the match means is that you get a title shot at Wrestlemania. Not that you're going to be in the last match of the show.

bullshit, what abou-

attachment.php

...oh

Which begs the question, regardless if Roman Reigns wins the Rumble or not, will he be in the "headline" (the final) match at Wrestlemania?

You've got a point there...

SheamusRoyalRumble2_2711296.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey guys, remember the nWo, "The Outsiders" Scott Hall and Kevin Nash and their legendary third man...
vlcsnap-2015-01-20-10j8kgd.png

...Syxx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom