• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorakai

I also think that if Reigns is winning the Rumble, then the Title match will go on last. They don't want another Batista ending. And I don't think the Philly crowd will shit on the triple threat. Especially if Rollins walks out with the belt.

I will definitely be shitting on the match if Brock doesn't walk out with the title and I will do everything possible to spark a riot.

Ok not really but I'll be pretty bummed with anything other than D.Bry v. Lesnar

DMczaf

TNA made it, fam.

tumblr_niglubHNme1sg99p0o2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_niglubHNme1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I wish J&J security wrestled as a tag team and competed. They're entertaining and would allow for temporary new match ups in the division.

MC Safety

Viktor is infinitely better than Konnor. Viktor is at least technically sound in the ring.

Describing a wrestler as technically sound is damning him with faint praise. That's like saying a baseball player is "scrappy" or that he "came to play."

If they want to do something interesting with these lifeless characters, have them serve as a joke for a while. When everyone's had a laugh, give them a manager (a real manager) and have him transform the team from a lame Road Warriors clone to something better.

Describing a wrestler as technically sound is damning him with faint praise. That's like saying a baseball player is "scrappy" or that he "came to play."

If they want to do something interesting with these lifeless characters, have them serve as a joke for a while. When everyone's had a laugh, give them a manager (a real manager) and have him transform the team from a lame Road Warriors clone to something better.

You're damn right I am damning him with faint praise. I by no means think he is good. But I think Konnor is awful.

Mahonay

Banned
Big surprise, RAW was awful again. I fell asleep during that last handicap match (I did see the String thing when I regained consciousness, and it was also shit). The entire show was an unbearable snore-fest. I'm going right back to not watching the show. Something, something, fuck this company.

Maybe Smackdown will be decent again this week.

Looking at the NXT spoilers that were posted last week, it's going to shit all over anything the main show is doing. As if it wasn't already.

Caspel

They could use a manager such as The Jackyl, Harvey Whippleman, James Mitchell or someone similar to Daffney. WWE could easily transition them to Wyatt followers and it'd be easy to believe.

Mahonay

Banned
What was the reasoning for JBL's retirement? He looks like he could still go.
It was a single Clothesline From Hell. I don't know if that's enough to say "hey can go". He's in way better shape than Ron Simmons at least, who's also 8 years older than JBL.

I thought Billy Gunn looked roided up as fuck tonight.

Toki767

So I'm guessing Smackdown ends in an all out brawl with everyone from the Rumble match leading to Bryan scoring a quick pin on Kane.

Striker

It was a single Clothesline From Hell. I don't know if that's enough to say "hey can go". He's in way better shape than Ron Simmons at least, who's also 8 years older than JBL.

Bradshaw had some back problems, I believe. Also had some bewbs, hence the t-shirts.

Caspel

Wasn't commenting on the maneuver, more on his health and being in shape. Billy can still go. I'm okay with one 4-6 week campaign for NAO so long as they aren't booked for Mania.

Please tell me you guys appreciated Seths expression when confronted by Brock backstage. He is fkn so good. His nervous shaking was amazing. God he is good.

Thank you sting for wetting your hair or dying it you looked great tonight.

Mahonay

Banned
Wasn't commenting on the maneuver, more on his health and being in shape. Billy can still go. I'm okay with one 4-6 week campaign for NAO so long as they aren't booked for Mania.
I'm going to slit my wrists if I have to suffer through more New Age Outlaws. Seeing them come out in Dallas Cowboys apparel made my eyes nearly roll back inside of my head.

Billy is a freak of nature though, roids or not. It is super impressive how well he can still go in ring.

Caspel

I'm going to slit my wrists if I have to suffer through more New Age Outlaws. Seeing them come out in Dallas Cowboys apparel made my eyes nearly roll back inside of my head.

Billy is a freak of nature though, roids or not. It is super impressive how well he can still go in ring.

It's not like the tag team division is thriving. Better than Titus and whatever random partner they give him. Better than Los Matadores. I'd rather watch NAO when compared to Ascension and New Day.

So sure, slit your wrists, if you'd like, for a popular tag team coming back for a short feud to put someone over when there aren't many other options.

Mahonay

Banned
JBL needs to be put down. He's an asshole.
I'm on board with this.

The very first match of a show ended with a Kane interference. Laziest shit ever, that they've been doing literally twice a week for the past year and a half at this point. And Bryan/Wyatt were working an incredibly solid match, despite the only reason given for them wrestling was "I think the Authority made the match". I should have stopped watching there really.

Even though it shouldn't at this point, it continues to boggle my mind just how bad the writing is. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom