• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Okay so I watched the end of last night's RAW again and have to admit, that is by far the best go-home that they've done heading into a PPV in the past year. It's not even close. The problem is that the other 2+ hours were pointless as fucking ever. At least Ric Flair was awesome.

Does anyone let Shawn Michaels know how horribly white trash he looks coming out wearing that hunting apparel for special events like this? As someone who grew up loving HBK, it breaks my god damn heart. Not like this...

Cagey

Banned
You know it, friend.

tumblr_niaat5fjKw1u73qsqo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_niaat5fjKw1u73qsqo7_r1_400.gif

Trips has those Ryback arms now. Gotta hit them tris, breh.

Mahonay

Banned
He looks great compared to 3-4 years ago.

Let's see how you look at 56 after being on death watch for nearly a decade
Yeah Scott Hall looked like the embodiment of human sadness before DDP got a hold of him. And sounded even worse.

It made me really happy to hear him not slurring incoherently on RAW.

DMczaf

The fucked up thing about Scott Hall is that he could still look 40 if he lost some more weight and dyed his hair. His face looks good.

jmdajr

Took me a while to realize I wasn't getting enough done on my tris when I started working out last year. :(

Also, my core is weak as fuck. Lots of goals for 2015, friend.

Core and Legs man. You can always skip arm day. Lots of core has you using arms anyway.

somedevil

All these rumors for surprise entrants for the Rumble is crazy right now. According to all the news sites here is the list so far:

DDP, Bully Ray, Devon, RVD, two NXT stars

Plus you have these possible returns as well of
Sheamus, Bo Dallas and Orton

I wonder what will be true.

Mahonay

Banned
The fucked up thing about Scott Hall is that he could still look 40 if he lost some more weight and dyed his hair. His face looks good.
He's not horrifyingly hunched over like he was before. Dude could barely walk. It's insane how much better he's looking right now. Even from this point last year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what happened? He discovered crossfit, thanks to Seth-kun.

Thank you Seth-kun!

Nope. He 'discovered' the same thing Kane did which is office folks probably don't get tested as often as workers. It's what Simon Dean ended up getting canned for even though tons of the office guys did it.
Yeah, like HHH didn't put Undertaker over twice in a row at Wrestlemania. Or put Daniel Bryan over at Wrestlemania. Or put Brock over. Or put CM Punk over.

Damn that Triple H constantly berrrrrrying guys!

Yeah, because Undertaker looked like the winner at the end of their matches. Something about winning the battle but not the war. Or how about the guys he 'put over' because he already beat them?

Sting is fresh 'never beat him before. gonna do it now' fodder. Just like Brock was.

so if steroids are the only thing that can get someone in shape then is that other dude right to be upset about sting being in a t-shirt?

old bodies got the struggle, mang.

Cagey

Banned
Core and Legs man. You can always skip arm day. Lots of core has you using arms anyway.

Lies. Never skip arm day. Arm day is what we live for, what we fight for, what we die for, friend. Arm day is 60 75 90 minutes of glorious full-on swole pumpfest.

Gotta disagree with this as it really depends on how your arms are. I need direct arm work and ignoring them when I first started out because "compound lifts are more than enough to work on your arms" was terrible advice.

Hasney

Watching that theme song special on the Network and man, Jim Johnston is so fucking talented. Was enjoying it until we got to Brodus.

"I mean it's so ridiculous, somebody call my momma. To this day I don't know why I wrote it or what it means".

I can answer half of it, Jim-lad

546%2520-%2520Ernest_miller%2520autoplay_gif%2520dance%2520gif%2520monday_nitro%2520wcw.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
he was on the juice as well (assuming anyway)

Just because you are on roids/trt/etc doesn't mean you will have a ripped physique

Nah man. Steroid trial era WWF was hardcore testing. Even Nash talked about how guys like him and Shawn would get random 'whitecoats' visits.

UberTag

What the hell is the plan for Cena for WM? I was thinking Bryan or Reigns would get the Rusev rub, so I'm not really sure what the plans are for him.

WWE-Monday-Night-Raw-September-29th-Lana-and-Rusev.jpg

Note... this program will not elevate the US title at all. Cena will provide a distraction to Rusev in a match with some ham-and-egger costing him the belt. Safe money is on Sheamus unless he comes back as a heel to fight D.Brine. Otherwise, Ziggles is probably your guy.

All these rumors for surprise entrants for the Rumble is crazy right now. According to all the news sites here is the list so far:

DDP, Bully Ray, Devon, RVD, two NXT stars
Plus you have these possible returns as well of
Sheamus, Bo Dallas and Orton

I wonder what will be true.
I suspect most of those will be true. And not that surprising.

Nope. He 'discovered' the same thing Kane did which is office folks probably don't get tested as often as workers. It's what Simon Dean ended up getting canned for even though tons of the office guys did it.
200xNxsg-simondean_infomercial_raw_rev.jpg.pagespeed.ic.apd3ZzXvNX.jpg

That Simon System works wonders, I tell ya. I should have never doubted it.

Why don't Steph wear dem glasses on Raw? ;_;

tumblr_nigf95rPcG1thrui5o1_500.png
Doesn't want wrestling geeks to find her even more of an adorable MILF while she's still in snarky heel mode.

Okay so I watched the end of last night's RAW again and have to admit, that is by far the best go-home that they've done heading into a PPV in the past year. It's not even close. The problem is that the other 2+ hours were pointless as fucking ever. At least Ric Flair was awesome.

Does anyone let Shawn Michaels know how horribly white trash he looks coming out wearing that hunting apparel for special events like this? As someone who grew up loving HBK, it breaks my god damn heart. Not like this...
Hasn't that been his look since he retired? He's probably been showing up to events wearing a hat or beanie for even longer.

Mahonay

Banned
Hasn't that been his look since he retired? He's probably been showing up to events wearing a hat or beanie for even longer.
I picked up on wrestling again after not watching for a decade like two years ago. It's just starting to really bother me at this point, realizing that's just Shawn's permanent look now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shawn has had terrible taste in fashion as long as I can remember. I've never seen Shawn Michaels and thought, 'yeah that's a cool look!'

Nah man. Steroid trial era WWF was hardcore testing. Even Nash talked about how guys like him and Shawn would get random 'whitecoats' visits.

That might be the case but I still believe that they were on something. Living the dream. As long as they are being safe, then I say go for it. I understand why they are so cautious now though.

DiscoJon

Banned

Yeah, because Undertaker looked like the winner at the end of their matches. Something about winning the battle but not the war. Or how about the guys he 'put over' because he already beat them?

Sting is fresh 'never beat him before. gonna do it now' fodder. Just like Brock was.

So what do you think? If Triple H faces Sting at 'Mania do you think he will "lay down and do the job"?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what do you think? If Triple H faces Sting at 'Mania do you think he will "lay down and do the job"?

There's a very high chance of Triple H pinning Sting. Even if he gives Sting a victory afterwards. He's a mark for wrestling, and he's a mark for himself. Even if he does what's for 'the greater good' later on, he wants that notch. He wants to say 'I was the guy who stuck with the WWF through it all and I pinned the guy who stuck with the WCW through it all.' After all this hype of bringing Brock back, he beat Brock. He was booked to practically destroy Undertaker in their match.

He'll want something for himself. He's smart, but he's not completely selfless.

strobogo

Banned
Shawn has had terrible taste in fashion as long as I can remember. I've never seen Shawn Michaels and thought, 'yeah that's a cool look!'

This is accurate. In the 90s, it was overalls or short jean jackets with high waisted jeans and a fanny pack. Or a gaudy wind breaker. In late 90s, it became no collar dress shirts, ill fitting leather jackets, and black jeans. In the early 2000s, tight jeans with cowboy boots and Christian t-shirts. By mid 2000s, it was sleeveless shirts cut down the sides for some reason. And now it is exclusively hunting gear unless he's at the HOF.

icV2W8NcAGQur.gif

Sephzilla

This is accurate. In the 90s, it was overalls or short jean jackets with high waisted jeans and a fanny pack. Or a gaudy wind breaker. In late 90s, it became no collar dress shirts, ill fitting leather jackets, and black jeans. In the early 2000s, tight jeans with cowboy boots and Christian t-shirts. By mid 2000s, it was sleeveless shirts cut down the sides for some reason. And now it is exclusively hunting gear unless he's at the HOF.

Even that's not safe

story_kliq.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still can't get over how god damn sharp Hall looked at the HoF. It reminds me of how Triple H talked about how he'd be slouched over muttering backstage then the lights hit and he was on stage looking like God himself.

He pulled that shit again for the HoF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom