• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you sweating yet? I bet you are. I'll be the bad guy. I'll be the heel. I don't even know what the hell we are arguing about at this point.

You seem to be real mad at me for something that I don't understand. Between that and the 'rant at Data zord' comment from a few days ago. I want to know what it is. I barely complain about WWE anymore, I try to discuss new wrestling(be it from the past or current), and as far as I know, I don't say anything to you or anyone in general. My complaints about wrestling are no different than Strobogo's yet you seem to only have a problem with me.

So what is it. Why do I have your ire?

Are you sweating yet? I bet you are. I'll be the bad guy. I'll be the heel. I don't even know what the hell we are arguing about at this point.

Ascension brothers gotta stick together.

tumblr_lpzvr5Y8x51qax9gv.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;148340429 said:
finally another fued to join Aiii vs. Stro on the wrasslegaf card.

Fight of Fighters 2015 is looking to have a heck of a main event

Kaladin

Say what you will, but we're stuck with Bryan vs Kane through the Rumble and maybe even at Fastlane. To keep Kane as a credible opponent, it makes sense for him to get involved in Bryan's matches.

Bryan will be the one to eliminate Kane from the Rumble, and even if he goes on to win they could continue the feud into Fast Lane.

UberTag

Say what you will, but we're stuck with Bryan vs Kane through the Rumble and maybe even at Fastlane. To keep Kane as a credible opponent, it makes sense for him to get involved in Bryan's matches.

Bryan will be the one to eliminate Kane from the Rumble, and even if he goes on to win they could continue the feud into Fast Lane.
Clearly we need an intervention from Dr. Shelby.

strobogo

Banned
You seem to be real mad at me for something that I don't understand. Between that and the 'rant at Data zord' comment from a few days ago. I want to know what it is. I barely complain about WWE anymore, I try to discuss new wrestling(be it from the past or current), and as far as I know, I don't say anything to you or anyone in general. My complaints about wrestling are no different than Strobogo's yet you seem to only have a problem with me.

iBkNls7y760AN.gif

kiguel182

This Raw just showed that Bryan will always get over if you just put him in a match with someone decent. No matter prior booking. Guy is just the best.

I couldn't care less for Sting but I marked out for Seth vs Lesnar. I wish that was the only main event.

All in all couldn't really care for Raw. Legends don't make me tune in either. More and more I just feel I could be doing something better with those 2 and half hours.

Kacho

Gold Member
I bought WWE 2k15 because I have the sudden urge to play a proper wrestling game after sinking some time into Immortals. I hope I don't regret this.

Pizoxuat

What struck me about Bryan vs Wyatt last night is that you can't even get heat off of cheating to beat him anymore. It has happened so many times now that it sucks the life out of the crowd because it's so boring and expected.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shame he ate it all before anyone else got a chance.

HEY BRONSON

How do you feel working for a man that literally steals candy from a baby and books Danny Doring in 2015?

Simon Dean had nothing bad to say about anyone in his shoot.

Except Danny Doring and Roadkill. Apparently both those guys thought they were getting pushes. He said that Bruce Prichard tried to pitch Roadkill as Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent.

True, you gotta keep Kane looking strong
Joking aside they've been doing a hilariously poor job of that over the last year.
Never forget Reigns recovering before a LMS 10 count after a Chokeslam through a table then winning with a standard spear, if there was any demon left it died then.

Clearly we need an intervention from Dr. Shelby.
This makes too much sense, instead we'll get more of Kane kidnapping Brie yet again who will suddenly turn face for Bryan segments and revert back to a heel when with Nikki.

Maybe it's for the best we leave Dr Shelby in our memories as one thing they didn't screw up.

#BringBackSblargh

I miss the homie.
Indeed, we'll need all the positivity we can get after this rumble I'm sure.

DiscoJon

Banned

'Rant at Data zord'? I rant at EVERYONE, man. You are taking this waaaay too personally. This isn't real life, I'm not going to log off and go "Oh that damn Data, he really pissed me off! I'm gonna dwell and skulk on it!" This may be a community, but it's still the internet, where the most harm we can do is through shitty gifs and funny posts.

If you want the truth there is something that bothers me about the way you post. You post a heck of a lot of awesome gifs of really cool obscure stuff stuff that I'm pretty sure most of us haven't seen.

BUT YOU POST WITH NO CONTEXT TO IT WHATSOEVER.

For example, here's a good one:

Didn't care for the sequence, but this was a cool abrupt G2S spot
tumblr_nbaqlmrTqF1t3w7eio1_400.gif

Kotoge has got to drop the Kamen Rider Decade pants

That's a cool gif, but what's the context? Who the fuck is Kotoge? You constantly post stuff like this out of the blue. Constantly. Random matches and gifs with clever commentary BUT WITH NO CONTEXT WHATSOEVER. Educate us, tell us who these guys are and what year it is from.

I don't have the the Wrestling knowledge that you do, and I don't think most people on here do either. So when you post random-ass gifs of dudes beating the crap out of each other it ceases to be "content" and just becomes "noise". Does that make sense?

No one is discounting what you do for the Wrasslegaf community, especially me, because you are an iconoclastic voice in sea of "BUT PUSH ANTONIO CESARO HURP DURP DURP" style posts. But there are times when you get on a roll and just start posting "noise" without context. Do you know what I mean? I don't want this to be tough love, because that's just dumb. Everyone should have a voice on here no matter what their wrestling knowledge is. But at the same time, we need to share our knowledge instead of flaunting it.

maybe I need to watch old ecw but what was ever the point of Tommy Dreamer? he always lost whenever I'd watch him and he looks like the down and out childhood friend that shows up in a sitcom about middle aged people that teaches the main character to count their blessings cause shit, they could be that guy.

strobogo

Banned
'Rant at Data zord'? I rant at EVERYONE, man. You are taking this waaaay too personally. This isn't real life, I'm not going to log off and go "Oh that damn Data, he really pissed me off! I'm gonna dwell and skulk on it!" This may be a community, but it's still the internet, where the most harm we can do is through shitty gifs and funny posts.

If you want the truth there is something that bothers me about the way you post. You post a heck of a lot of awesome gifs of really cool obscure stuff stuff that I'm pretty sure most of us haven't seen.

That's a cool gif, but what's the context? Who the fuck is Kotoge? You constantly post stuff like this out of the blue. Constantly. Random matches and gifs with clever commentary BUT WITH NO CONTEXT WHATSOEVER. Educate us, tell us who these guys are and what year it is from.

I don't have the the Wrestling knowledge that you do, and I don't think most people on here do either. So when you post random-ass gifs of dudes beating the crap out of each other it ceases to be "content" and just becomes "noise". Does that make sense?

No one is discounting what you do for the Wrasslegaf community, especially me, because you are an iconoclastic voice in sea of "BUT PUSH ANTONIO CESARO HURP DURP DURP" style posts. But there are times when you get on a roll and just start posting "noise" without context. Do you know what I mean? I don't want this to be tough love, because that's just dumb. Everyone should have a voice on here no matter what their wrestling knowledge is. But at the same time, we need to share our knowledge instead of flaunting it.

ibbiS5VCPBcNdH.gif

But what of the classic contest?
Content versus Context
They have a fight -
Context wins
Con men contact Content's next of kin
Saying “I'm looking for your least-feminine lesbian
We're gonna pump her so full of bovine estrogen
She won't be masculine, I'm high on mescaline
But no one knows, cause I shit on some Mexicans”
WOOOO
Hot deuce!

jmdajr

Gotta disagree with this as it really depends on how your arms are. I need direct arm work and ignoring them when I first started out because "compound lifts are more than enough to work on your arms" was terrible advice.

Meh. At least for me arms are super easy with the exception of forearms. Takes almost no work.

If I did preacher curls and tricep pulldowns for a week they will probbaly grow 3 inches instantaneously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Well, I can try to provide some more context in the future. But I don't post like that because of wanting to flaunt. Usually I watch a match and will find something exceptional about it, usually a spot as I'm not a huge fan of highlighting failures(like botches, though I've done it). I post the gif as sort of a 'feeler', or that's the intent. I put it out there and see if anyone's interested in what's going on. If they're interested in either wrestler being highlighted. Something as simple as, 'Hey, who's that?' or 'Hey, what promotion is that?' From that point, I'll talk your ear off. It's why I kept on the joshi thing for a long time. I watch joshi wrestling regularly, new and old, but I'm always hesitant to post about stuff if I think no one's listening. I posted more joshi stuff because I knew boootaaay, alucard, sibersk remarked on it. So I knew there was interest.

My intention has never been to be elitist about it. It's more that I don't want to post about it if no one is listening. Even if it's one person, I'll talk all day about it. I posted all kinds of matches for Natsuki Taiyo for a few days after I watched her retirement match. No bites. So I stopped sharing those and moved onto the next thing. It's why I post Hayato matches on and off so often. Because I think he's really talented and think more people would like him, but I'm not going to flood the OT with his matches if nobody is interested.

And I'm too lazy to write up reviews for full events because Sunny ain't paying me shit and I tried to sit through and review a whole AJPW card and that nearly killed me with Mr. Joe Boering and the Artist formerly known as Kenzo Suzuki
Joe-Doering.jpg

¡HarlequinPanic!;148345157 said:
maybe I need to watch old ecw but what was ever the point of Tommy Dreamer? he always lost whenever I'd watch him and he looks like the down and out childhood friend that shows up in a sitcom about middle aged people that teaches the main character to count their blessings cause shit, they could be that guy.

Paul liked him. That's about it.

¡HarlequinPanic!;148345157 said:

Heyman was behind him, and Heyman booking can get a guy over. That and he was willing to do alot.

Vylash

newz

According to PWInsider.com, former TNA Champion Bully Ray, and his partner, former WWE and TNA Tag Team Champion Devon, may have recently been in talks with WWE.

As a result, it’s being rumored the two could potentially be surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble match on Sunday night, however that has yet to be confirmed.

Over the course of the past year, it has been speculated that Bully Ray and/or Devon could end up as trainers down in NXT, but no further update has been provided on that possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom