• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
tnmqWaa.png

Interest of NJPW on Google Trends

Nice!

EDIT:

NEW japan pro wrestling PAGE

NJPW has JR to thank. Ross is over than the entire roster, people's interests are piqued because there are so many JR marks out there.
as much as I don't care for Jim these days

his supposed 'comeback' has really fallen flat on it's face. I'm honestly hesitant at this point that he wont job to rusev and then get thrown into a battle royal at WM.

They just gave him a big enough push to feed him to Rusev. It's like feeding livestock so we can eat it.

Any of you guys catch the Pre Wrestle Kingdom live event yesterday on NJPWWorld? This happened, which was pretty silly:

okada.png

I want my own custom version of Taiko Drum Master than has wrestler songs!

Also, the Young Bucks cut a pretty hilarious promo where they asked Red Dragon which one of them is going to put over CM Punk in his first UFC match.

link and timestamp?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I finished Summer Slam 1993 finally.

All of the matches are super duper short.
The bit with King and Bret is pretty good.
The IC title match, hyped for months as one of the best things ever, falls very flat.
I can't bolieve I am saying this but...I actually feel sorry for Lex with how that match ended. He got robbed.

strobogo

Banned
Made some BOMB ass burgers. Had minced onions and garlic right into the patties. Medium-medium rare. Put a dash of some sweet peppers on one of mine and some hickory cheddar smoked sharp cheese on the other. Got dang. Eating good tonight, friends.

Made some BOMB ass burgers. Had minced onions and garlic right into the patties. Medium-medium rare. Put a dash of some sweet peppers on one of mine and some hickory cheddar smoked sharp cheese on the other. Got dang. Eating good tonight, friends.

That sounds pretty awesome

Sadly the closest thing we have is a game called LISA. Which is a turn-based RPG with tons of wrestling references in it. PWX is literally the only actual option. Hell, I'd buy 2K games on PC if they would release it. At least I'd be able to find it for dirt cheap + modding community would be amazing.

Yeah I'm likely to grab LISA sooner rather than later for the exact reason.

I'd say 2K are holding off from releasing on PC due to the modding community making 2K16 redundant lol. Never underestimate a spiteful publisher making stupid decisions.

I'm working on Wrestling RPG, I'm working on it! Wrestling RPG or Luchador Olympics.

Luchador Olympics could be a great idea! Take some of Guacamelee, some of Rampage World Tour and mix in some multiplayer along with an 80's sitcom style story mode and I can see that being entertaining as hell.

Dudes, my wife is six months pregnant and she's getting to that stage of the process where she's just really reactionary and random because she's starting to feel sore all the time, and she's been sick on top of it. Hasn't been fun, but I'm proud to say I've found my inner zen husband and have taken most of her mood swings in stride. The worst things you can do with a pregnant partner are:

1. Argue and therefore try to convince them they're wrong about something. Disagreeing in general is just NOT recommended

2. Say "No" if they ask you to do something even if that thing annoys you

Heed my advice, future fathers. It's better to shut up and quietly go about your business while doing little kindnesses for your partner instead of trying to fight them on everything or even justifying your actions. Just say "Sorry," say nothing, offer a way to fix it, or just actually fix it.

Things I've heard over the past few days:

"Why are your slippers in the hallway? They're a tripping hazard."

"I just saw you scratch your ass. Wash your hands again before you come into bed."

"She (our daughter) goes to bed late because you play with her and get her all excited after her bath. Don't do that!"

"Did you brush her teeth? Did you wash her hands? What about her face?" (about our daughter)

So yeah, good times. Please share your pregnant partner stories or give some advice.

Hormones are fun. Yeah my wife was unbearable at times during her pregnancy, I could take it in my stride though since I knew it wasn't her fault. Just gotta give her a hug and agree with whatever she is complaining about at the time. Being pregnant would fucking suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Our son was 2 weeks overdue and my wife was just completely over it.
The sex was good though. Must be an internal muscle thing.

Best advice? Try to remind yourselves about the light at the end of the tunnel. Having a kid sucks sometimes but every day they are alive they get better and better than anything else in the world.
Also those little sea band things you put on your wrists seem to reduce/eliminate morning sickness in a lot of people.

Also enjoy your free time while you can! (types while child tries to pour lego down tshirt)

Also it's hard to read your post without immediately picturing you as Daniel Bryan lol
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

007 Diamonds Are Forever (1971)

The plot...idk. I lost it completely around 30 minutes, which is generally when I lose track in all of the movies. Something about diamond smuggling. There are two ambiguously gay creepy killer dudes who I'm not sure how they were related to the plot, but they showed up multiple times. I would recommend it because it is pretty bonkers.

Yeah one of my favourite ones for random noise while doing something else. Really odd movie that feels like the logical step between the serious Bond movies and stuff like Austin Powers.
Connery was hype as fuck about his big pay day and had fun with it at times.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah I'm likely to grab LISA sooner rather than later for the exact reason.

I'd say 2K are holding off from releasing on PC due to the modding community making 2K16 redundant lol. Never underestimate a spiteful publisher making stupid decisions.

Luchador Olympics could be a great idea! Take some of Guacamelee, some of Rampage World Tour and mix in some multiplayer along with an 80's sitcom style story mode and I can see that being entertaining as hell.

Hormones are fun. Yeah my wife was unbearable at times during her pregnancy, I could take it in my stride though since I knew it wasn't her fault. Just gotta give her a hug and agree with whatever she is complaining about at the time. Being pregnant would fucking suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Our son was 2 weeks overdue and my wife was just completely over it.
The sex was good though. Must be an internal muscle thing.

Best advice? Try to remind yourselves about the light at the end of the tunnel. Having a kid sucks sometimes but every day they are alive they get better and better than anything else in the world.
Also those little sea band things you put on your wrists seem to reduce/eliminate morning sickness in a lot of people.

Also enjoy your free time while you can! (types while child tries to pour lego down tshirt)

Also it's hard to read your post without immediately picturing you as Daniel Bryan lol
Yeah one of my favourite ones for random noise while doing something else. Really odd movie that feels like the logical step between the serious Bond movies and stuff like Austin Powers.
Connery was hype as fuck about his big pay day and had fun with it at times.
I feel like the entirety of the Moore series was already as much of a parody as Austin Powers. I'm definitely going to watch the AP series after all these, though. To get all the references I didn't get when I was 13 and giggling at vagina jokes.

Heel

Looking forward to DC and Jones tonight. A better pro-wrestling build up than WWE has managed in a long time.

Lost a lot of steam after not going off in September, but I have to agree. Has all the ingredients. The promo work has been so good that Jon Jones was offended by it.

"Y'know Matthew, I had the pleasure to dine on some fine Japoknees cuisine today, I had some of those, little uhh what are they called again.. those little ball things? Teriyaki? OH TAKO yaki.. excuse me-- well, I couldn't help but think how much better they would taste covered in good ol' JR's barbecue sauce, which can be ordered off my website. But let's get back to the action. This yellow fellow goes by the name of Tawni Hawshi? Am I pronouncing that correctly?"

Events I had in mind:

Top Rope Dive (High Dive)
- You jump from the top rope and try to do as many twist, spins, poses as possible before nail the person on the mat. You lose points for a bad landing.

The Botched Long Jump (Long Jump)
- You run and jump as far as you can, but you can botch/ragdoll and gain extra distance

Taunting (Floor Gymantics)
- You prance and pose around the ring, taunting the crowd

Number 2 moment on WWE Countdown Royal Rumble moments is Roman Reigns. Because when I think of the 2014 Royal Rumble, I think of Roman Reigns.

Verendus

Banned
Lost a lot of steam after not going off in September, but I have to agree. Has all the ingredients. The promo work has been so good that Jon Jones was offended by it.
My excitement got destroyed back then, but it's come back now that we're here again and safe. It's mere hours away.

I honestly haven't been this interested in a matchup in a while. I just want to see how they're going to fight each other.

Heel

My excitement got destroyed back then, but it's come back now that we're here again and safe. It's mere hours away.

I honestly haven't been this interested in a matchup in a while. I just want to see how they're going to fight each other.

Oh yeah, most I've been excited for some Ultimate in a long while.

DC has to wade through every level of engagement to get inside, and I believe has the shortest reach of any Jon Jones opponent. That's just really hard to ignore. Still rooting for DC, though. I believe Jones' takedown defense has been a real question mark since his toe injury.

korly

Turns out Xfinity in my area isn't showing Wrestle Kingdom live (only the replay on Sunday night). What's my best option for watching it live?

Want to get New Japan Wrestle Kingdom using the Flipps app, but it's difficult to justify the $35 - considering the Royal Rumble, Fast Lane, and WrestleMania 31 combined are just $30.

I'll probably buy it to support wrestling as a whole.

Wish I could watch (legally) using my laptop. May have to watch on my iPhone 6 (I don't have Apple TV, ugh).

Verendus

Banned
Oh yeah, most I've been excited for some Ultimate in a long while.

DC has to wade through every level of engagement to get inside, and I believe has the shortest reach of any Jon Jones opponent. That's just really hard to ignore. Still rooting for DC, though. I believe Jones' takedown defense has been a real question mark since his toe injury.
I'm thinking along similar lines. I want DC to win, but I think he needs to apply pressure quickly and try to push Jones into a takedown or against the cage. He's pretty active so I don't doubt him trying, but I think it's important he finds success in the early rounds. Jones's reach is ridiculous, but he's also been really good about using it well. Jones always tries to measure his opponent standing, so I think it's important DC keeps his head moving to set up a distraction into a takedown or something. He can't keep his head still on those occasions. Cage tactic could work well since for someone of his size, and against a wrestler like DC, it won't be easy to fight on the inside when dealing with a lot of pressure.

I'm also really curious how Jones would respond to those kind of tactics because I imagine they've prepared for stuff like that.

Hoping this fight delivers.

strobogo

Banned
Lol. Ultimate fans getting worked into getting excited about a fight is even more sad at WWE fans getting excited for the hint of a good Raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom