• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from getting hitched, Julian Edelman turning heel on me on my wedding day in my fantasy football championship (his last minute benching made me lose by 1.9 points), getting fat in Mexico, and buying a lucha mask like the mark ass tourist I was.

WTF does the thread title mean.

Congrats on getting married. Will you two be having a Bedroom Match?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
do tell....

http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/trs/986/

Tenzan loses to Shinsuke Nakamura in his first defence after finally capturing the IWGP title. Nakamura would be the youngest champion in the company’s history and won the gold due to his potential shoot fighting prowess.
- Nakamura unifies the IWGP title with Takayama’s NWF title… only for injuries suffered in a shoot fight a couple of weeks before the match to be worsened due to the punishment suffered against Takayama. As a result the title is vacated.
- Tenzan knocks out Nagata accidentally in the semi final of the tournament set up to decide the new champion. Nagata was supposed to go on to win the title and feud with Kensuke Sasaki but Tenzan took his place, losing the gold just over a month later.
- Sasaki loses the title 14 days later to Bob Sapp, the American Shoot fighter who is a celebrity in Japan not for his fight record but for his huge size. Sasaki’s reign was (and still is) the shortest in the titles history.
- Sapp loses to Fujita in a MMA match that takes place in PRIDE in an embarrassing and crushing manner. As a result Sapp refuses to work the next NJPW event and the title is vacated again.

No new Paige?

New Paige:

ibhLxLOMh4ZIly.gif

This weekend is so hype, friends.

-UFC tonight

-WrassleKingdom later

-This tomorrow, live in Austin:

ib23BgyDyYG0uE.jpg

I can't hold all this awesome.

Toki767

Hmm...well can't even find Flipps on the Xbox One. And no surprise that there's no Windows 8 app. I guess it'll be NJ World for me since I don't subscribe to cable TV.

Is this Jones/Cormier thing today? Make me care, MMA GAF.

Two fighters that have never been defeated by another human. Championship on the line. They genuinely do not like each other. One is a freak athlete Olympian and former heavyweight, the other is a freak athlete and arguably the best PfP fighter in the world today.

If you aren't into that, don't bother following fighting.

EDIT: Oh, and this has had the best promos/video fight packages in all of sports/entertainment all year.

Alucard

Banned
Two fighters that have never been defeated by another human. Championship on the line. They genuinely do not like each other. One is a freak athlete Olympian and former heavyweight, the other is a freak athlete and arguably the best PfP fighter in the world today.

If you aren't into that, don't bother following fighting.

That sounds awesome. I don't care about MMA, but just because I've heard these guys' names thrown around so much, I'm intrigued.

But have they been defeated by any other animals?

Nope. The reason I worded it that was is because Jon Jones technically has a defeat on his record.

He was disqualified for beating another man up too bad with a "scary" technique that shouldn't be illegal. So he was beaten by either himself or the ref...never by an opponent.

Damn carnies :/

They were so wet that my white socks turned pink on the sides (my shoes are red on the inside).

They look weird now :s
Real Ass white socks

Yo shit, Roger Moore is more of a brutish piece of shit in this than Sean Connery is in like...any of his movies. It's like this was supposed to be a Connery movie and Diamonds was supposed to be a Moore movie.
Real Ass Moore era started with Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. The scale of those two movies are so big compared to previous ones, he's fighting in a damn underwater fortress and a space station. For Your Eyes Only seemed like a small TV movie compared to those two.

Nope. The reason I worded it that was is because Jon Jones technically has a defeat on his record.

He was disqualified for beating another man up too bad with a "scary" technique that shouldn't be illegal. So he was beaten by either himself or the ref...never by an opponent.

Nah man, Hamill beat him! GREAT WHITE HYPE

The tag breakup has to have Cesaro turning on Kidd by having an affair with Nattie, but there's no feud because Tyson never realizes what's going on.

Fuck yes that would be perfect. Also Nattie is only doing it to get attention from Kidd so once she realises Kidd ain't paying attention she stops the affair which makes Cesaro pissy, when he goes to take it out on Kidd they can then have a running joke where Kidd has no idea why Cesaro is pissed with him lol. The need to wrestle as a team this whole time though.

You can watch the set and ring construction on NJPW World right now.

1u3Cvlo.png

That's actually really awesome. It takes a ton of work to put those shows together, love seeing the behind the scenes stuff.

That's actually one of the least offensive professional wrestling t-shirts I have ever seen.

Yeah I'd wear that, hopefully eBay has a knockoff version if WWE don't want my money.
EDIT: Actually no, it has stupid shit on the back. All good.

DMczaf

2 things need to happen to WWE merch

1. Stop with the dumb ass stuff on the back

2. Get rid of the dumb ass WWE AUTHENTIC logo. No one wants people knowing they are wearing wrasslin merch, WWE. Having WWE Network on my Achievement list is embarrassing enough.

I'd be pretty salt if I ruined my stars and stripes socks.

2 things need to happen to WWE merch

1. Stop with the dumb ass stuff on the back

2. Get rid of the dumb ass WWE AUTHENTIC logo. No one wants people knowing they are wearing wrasslin merch, WWE. Having WWE Network on my Achievement list is embarrassing enough.

The Authentic logo is fine with the new logo. They just need simple but effective designs; Bryan shirts (most of them), Punk, Cesaro's red shirt. Just a non-cringe design, stop making them so busy. I don't want anyone's face on my shirt unless it's Cesaro and Kidd and cats or Bo Dallas smiling.

Alucard

Banned
the only people that whine about designs on the back of wrestling shirts are the people in this thread

There are dozens of us. Dozens!

Really though, I'm sure if you polled other wrestling forums, there would be others who would say the shit on the back prevents them from buying more wrestling shirts. The Goldust one comes to mind.

Alucard

Banned
They should awesome shirts like this. AJ Styles approved. I wonder if anyone is going to be wearing this while watching the show tonight or tommorrow:

Your link is broken, but I'm assuming it's the Styles Clash shirt that glorifies the move breaking necks?

Edit: There we go.

Alucard

Banned
How many of ya'll planning to stay up until 2AM Eastern to watch WK9 live? I might try to get to bed early and wake up before the show starts...not sure. I'm recording it, but there's something to be said for watching an event live.

How many of ya'll planning to stay up until 2AM Eastern to watch WK9 live? I might try to get to bed early and wake up before the show starts...not sure. I'm recording it, but there's something to be said for watching an event live.

fuck that, i'm sick. no show is worth staying up that late, especially while sick.

hope the rest of y'all enjoy it tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom