• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too sweet me bro.

UberTag

It's a known fact that we drew better with All Big Show avatars than with indy geek Archie.
The only thing that could have saved Archiegate would have been if we had gotten Robert Evans himself to grace WrassleGAF with his presence.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| Sufferin' Succotash, Behold the Dawn of the Roman Empire

Fintan

I'm not sure I really agree with the idea of Heyman being paired with Reigns that's being mentioned at the moment. Heyman hasn't really worked in his current run when paired with anyone except Punk and Lesnar. Axel, Ryback, and Cesaro really didn't work but I guess there were extenuating circumstances there.

Royal Rumble 2015 lOTl Only IDIOTS pay $60, Maggle!
Royal Rumble 2015 lOTl The descent of the Descension
Royal Rumble 2015 lOTl I for one welcome our new Roman overlord
Royal Rumble 2015 lOTl 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Toki767

I'm not sure I really agree with the idea of Heyman being paired with Reigns that's being mentioned at the moment. Heyman hasn't really worked in his current run when paired with anyone except Punk and Lesnar. Axel, Ryback, and Cesaro really didn't work but I guess there were extenuating circumstances there.

Who's mentioning that? Unless Reigns turns heel, which I think is probably better for him in the long run, all signs point to Heyman pairing with Rollins.

Fintan

Who's mentioning that? Unless Reigns turns heel, which I think is probably better for him in the long run, all signs point to Heyman pairing with Rollins.
Was discussed on Bauer and Pollock.

Do you think Rollins needs Heyman? I think Rollins is a fairly good talker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should get Vince to announce all the entrants one last time

HOCK HOGAAAAN. BIG. JOHNSTUDD

Only when compared to what they currently have. Rollins needs tagalong mic people to cut promos, I imagine that's why they brought the Authority back. He works better in short promos with a lot of action and his facial expressions. His voice lacks any authority.

Toki767

Was discussed on Bauer and Pollock.

Rollins doesn't even need The Authority. All he needs is J&J Security.

I feel like Reigns would never get over as a heel with Heyman managing him though.

Raw viewership for 1/21:

Hour 1: 4.292 Million
Hour 2: 4.135 Million
Hour 3: 3.874 Million

Basically the same pattern as last week, but they started with more.

WWE Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| Bryan's back... and he's gone.

Verendus

Banned
Raw viewership for 1/21:

Hour 1: 4.292 Million
Hour 2: 4.135 Million
Hour 3: 3.874 Million

Basically the same pattern as last week, but they started with more.

WWE Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| Bryan's back... and he's gone.
They just need to beg Batista to come back so they can get another 5 million hour.

Balee dat.

Verendus

Banned
New countdown, which is actually an old countdown, the Batista countdown. I gotta balee.

4 days left.

My original suggestion was The Roman Empire advances to Pittsburgh. It has since been replaced with one of your suggestions. Well done!
I understand this to mean you accepted my suggestion.

Because if not, then you've just started a war with the Roman Empire mothafucka, friend.

strobogo

Banned
Things I am about to go do

• Go to Walmart
  • Get a case of Miller Lite
  • Get a 6 pack of Snapshot if available
  • Get a dozen of Walmart Bakery donuts
  • Get a box of Zebra cakes
  • Finish season 2 of The Sopranos
  • Shit on Euro indie wrestling

Alucard

Banned
Finished the Bleacher Report article on Bryan. So wait...

-Vince pulled the plug on Bryan's push after declaring that Summerslam, headlined by Cena and Bryan, had been a financial failure...find it hard to believe they actually lost money on that PPV with Punk vs. Brock on that card too

-The Royal Rumble reaction was what really pushed the WWE's hand

I don't see this happening again this year. Reigns will get a mixed-to-good reaction.

DMczaf

Finished the Bleacher Report article on Bryan. So wait...

-they pulled the plug on Bryan's push after declaring that Summerslam, headlined by Cena and Bryan, had been a financial failure...find it hard to believe they actually lost money on that PPV with Punk vs. Brock on that card too

-The Royal Rumble reaction was what really pushed the WWE's hand

That part reminded me of the 94 Rumble. Meltzer talked about how Lex was The Guy heading into Rumble 94, the booking idea was for Bret and Lex to tie, but for Lex to win the title at WMX (which was the plan since the previous summer).

BUT...the crowd wanted Bret, and Vince made the audible a couple of weeks after that for Bret to win the belt.

Lex's WWF run is so strange. He was over as FUCK heading into that Summerslam 93, and then it just died when he couldn't win the belt after months of Lex Express promos.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Things I am about to go do

• Go to Walmart
  • Get a case of Miller Lite
  • Get a 6 pack of Snapshot if available
  • Get a dozen of Walmart Bakery donuts
  • Get a box of Zebra cakes
  • Finish season 2 of The Sopranos
  • Shit on Euro indie wrestling
Literally or metaphorically

Status