• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
fuck that, i'm sick. no show is worth staying up that late, especially while sick.

hope the rest of y'all enjoy it tho

I'm still debating. I'll likely feel like a bag of shit tomorrow if I stay up, and I don't think it's the smartest thing to do with a pregnant wife and a 2y/o daughter to take care of. Sleep will likely win out and I'll just watch it in pieces tomorrow.

...but we'll see.

Back from getting hitched, Julian Edelman turning heel on me on my wedding day in my fantasy football championship (his last minute benching made me lose by 1.9 points), getting fat in Mexico, and buying a lucha mask like the mark ass tourist I was.

WTF does the thread title mean.

Time for a live sex celebration. Just remember to record the audio so you can upload it to GAF.

Ultratech

tumblr_nhkj1tDlB31qek2c9o1_500.gif

Yeah!

That's what I was talking about earlier!

You're a good man.

PInk Tape

Banned
Back from getting hitched, Julian Edelman turning heel on me on my wedding day in my fantasy football championship (his last minute benching made me lose by 1.9 points), getting fat in Mexico, and buying a lucha mask like the mark ass tourist I was.

WTF does the thread title mean.

Welcome back :3

Your guess is as good as mine.

Absolutely loving these Old School MGS events on the Network. The presentation makes me want WWE to bring back Ring Announcers pre and post-match, complete with mic from the ceiling. It makes matches and the wrestlers in the them appear 'worthwhile' and important.

Even Vince McMahon as a solo commentator seems... good.

The wrestling isn't stellar, but the wrestlers engaged the crowd way more than any modern WWE SPORTS ENTERTAINER does. Every match seems to work a reaction out of the crowd somehow - pausing, teasing, looking, audible insults, taunts, etc. Is this a lost art, or something the WWE just doesn't care for anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of Buttrock, my soon to be former friend just posted about Papa Roach(woah woah woah) having a new song called F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise)

Somewhere Davey Richards like FUCK THATS MY NEXT STABLE NAME

So I'm watching the total divas marathon that's on E! right now

Vinny is awesome

and

I don't understand nattie's character, like she's easily the worst "diva" on the show but that's not supposed to be right?

PInk Tape

Banned
Speaking of Buttrock, my soon to be former friend just posted about Papa Roach(woah woah woah) having a new song called F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise)

Somewhere Davey Richards like FUCK THATS MY NEXT STABLE NAME

I had no idea they were still around; let alone making new music :s

Bands don't really go away anymore in the internet age.

Hey nu metal papa roach is much better than weird glam rock/metal papa roach which in turn is better than the weird electro rock/metal? thing they are now

man talk about a band that just goes with what's trendy sheesh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That does make sense since it's so easy to release new music now than back then.

I mean Mest put out an album recently. And they were like a one off thing from Jr High. Anyone can make some kind of music in 2014. You kind of got lucky if you had at least one music video out before the advent of youtube because it meant you're famous enough that you can ride nostalgia forever.

MoosiferX

How many of ya'll planning to stay up until 2AM Eastern to watch WK9 live? I might try to get to bed early and wake up before the show starts...not sure. I'm recording it, but there's something to be said for watching an event live.

I'm definitely watching it live. We're even having something of a big party for it!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't have a lot of experience with joshi, but what I have gathered is that there seems to be a lot of screaming and crying.

Their fighting spirit just involves screaming. It's not like the Divas chicken squabbling noises it's more like primal yells

Aja doesn't really make much noise.

Hmm, the Flipps site and app say it's streaming live at 2am. (I'll be staying up!)
- http://www.flipps.com/gfw-wrestle-kingdom-9-on-flipps/

Gonna try and mirror the PPV from the Flipps app on my iPhone 6 screen to my MacBook to watch on a larger screen using QuickTime and a lightning connector. Just tested it out with YouTube and works.

Here's directions for anyone wanting to do that, too - http://www.labnol.org/software/quicktime-ios-screen-recorder/8375/

PInk Tape

Banned
I mean Mest put out an album recently. And they were like a one off thing from Jr High. Anyone can make some kind of music in 2014. You kind of got lucky if you had at least one music video out before the advent of youtube because it meant you're famous enough that you can ride nostalgia forever.

I had to look them up but yeah I see what you mean.

I find this music age to be a double edged sword at times. Right now we have so many different genres and artists we can listen to and follow that radio won't ever touch and is so easy to obtain but with that comes a large influx of all these artists and albums that it's just a lot. Maybe too much. Don't get me wrong, I think it's wonderful to have all these choices and the ability to choose what to listen to but, I dunno, I want to believe it's not a problem and I'm just trying to spin a bad scenario on this for the sake of balancing it out but I just can't shake the bad feeling I'm getting.

I wish I had any wrestling friends at all near me to make something like this even possible.

I'll watch with you in spirit :)

Zach

Never thought I'd ever hear about Mest again. This girl in high school loved them. They were terrible.

MoosiferX

I wish I had any wrestling friends at all near me to make something like this even possible.

In all fairness, it helps that we're on the west coast. 11 p.m. is a little easier for people to come to terms with than 2 a.m.! Easy solution, MOVE TO SOUTH EASTERN WASHINGTON BRO ~

Yo shit, Roger Moore is more of a brutish piece of shit in this than Sean Connery is in like...any of his movies. It's like this was supposed to be a Connery movie and Diamonds was supposed to be a Moore movie.

At one point Adam West was considered for the roll in Diamonds interestingly enough lol

Huh, that does work... But yeah I was out for a couple hours today and had to walk through snowy wet mush and real ass puddles. Almost slipped a few times too.

My shoes are going to need to dry for a few days.

Hot as fuck here, can't do shit, everyone is just exhausted.
We had more than 300 fires start on Friday in our state alone, some are still going and others have been lit from lightning strikes yesterday. Not to mention the fires in other states, including one right on a capital city :(

Events I had in mind:

Top Rope Dive (High Dive)
- You jump from the top rope and try to do as many twist, spins, poses as possible before nail the person on the mat. You lose points for a bad landing.

The Botched Long Jump (Long Jump)
- You run and jump as far as you can, but you can botch/ragdoll and gain extra distance

Taunting (Floor Gymantics)
- You prance and pose around the ring, taunting the crowd

You could easily turn these into a series of mobile games.

Dive -> Burnout crash mode
Jump -> Saints Row insurance scam missions
Taunting -> Elite Beat Agents!

Keep the Lucha theme throughout with a ton of colours and style with over the top music, entrances and wacky promos and it could be a real winner.

and how in the hell does john morrison have fans? i'm watching the 2009 royal rumble and holy crap at how dead this crowd is and what he is wearing.

His work in Lucha has been pretty great, in and out of the ring. A lot of that comes from the producers using his strengths properly though.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C
Starrcade '96 - B-

There was fun to be had in every match. Sure, the final two matches weren't good, but that's fine. They were more story matches. Unfortunately a lot of the wacky nWo antics will quickly grow tired, but early on it's A-OK with me. And were those fans into that Malenko/Ultimo match or what, man?! So cool.

Anyway, this is going to be the last CPPVSG (>_>) for a while, I guess. No 1997 Nitro and RAW make Zach something something...

jred2k

I had to look them up but yeah I see what you mean.

I find this music age to be a double edged sword at times. Right now we have so many different genres and artists we can listen to and follow that radio won't ever touch and is so easy to obtain but with that comes a large influx of all these artists and albums that it's just a lot. Maybe too much. Don't get me wrong, I think it's wonderful to have all these choices and the ability to choose what to listen to but, I dunno, I want to believe it's not a problem and I'm just trying to spin a bad scenario on this for the sake of balancing it out but I just can't shake the bad feeling I'm getting.

I'll watch with you in spirit :)
The low barrier for entry with releasing music has the same problems as the ease of making and releasing mobile/Early Access games. There is good music abd movies being made that never would have before, but there is also a huge volume of crap being made. The percentages are about the same as before.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

007 The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)

This movie is NEXT LEVEL BONKERS. Holy shit. It's fucking crazy. Bond is slapping women, threatening to shoot a dude in the dick, throwing a kid out of a boat, Tattoo from Fantasy Island is Christopher Lee's servant, who has a third nipple and a fun house he likes to kill people in. Then that piece of shit racist sheriff from LALD returns and gets an extended comedy side kick sequence. Shit. This movie is absolutely crazy. The best cold opening and maybe title song of the whole series. Absolutely recommend this just to see how crazy it is, even though it might be the single most misogynist and racist movie of the entire series.

Guzim

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

007 The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)

This movie is NEXT LEVEL BONKERS. Holy shit. It's fucking crazy. Bond is slapping women, threatening to shoot a dude in the dick, throwing a kid out of a boat, Tattoo from Fantasy Island is Christopher Lee's servant, who has a third nipple and a fun house he likes to kill people in. Then that piece of shit racist sheriff from LALD returns and gets an extended comedy side kick sequence. Shit. This movie is absolutely crazy. The best cold opening and maybe title song of the whole series. Absolutely recommend this just to see how crazy it is, even though it might be the single most misogynist and racist movie of the entire series.

I'm pretty sure this is G-Fex's favorite.

PInk Tape

Banned
Hot as fuck here, can't do shit, everyone is just exhausted.
We had more than 300 fires start on Friday in our state alone, some are still going and others have been lit from lightning strikes yesterday. Not to mention the fires in other states, including one right on a capital city :(
Geez, that's awful :( I'm surprised that this isn't being covered over here because of the amount of fires you've had and the unlivable weather.

I hope you stay safe man.

The low barrier for entry with releasing music has the same problems as the ease of making and releasing mobile/Early Access games. There is good music abd movies being made that never would have before, but there is also a huge volume of crap being made. The percentages are about the same as before.

That's news to me. So I'll assume it's about the same for games as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom