• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

I just love all the little smirks and giggles from the wrestlers who don't give a shit about this at all and think its hilarious the 'big deal' is being ruined because of a friend who deserves it so much more. Glorious.

HHH trying to talk over them louder so the crowd chants get even louder too lol.

Moments like that are why I still watch this shit.

He has to be as close to John Cena as possible.
tumblr_nu38rvpwQE1scdn6yo1_1280.jpg

That is so weird.....

I wish I hadn't found this out now

DMczaf

This means Roman asked for a spot ahead of time, what happens if he actually won the title? Does he come out anyway?

Am I working myself ?!

Sephzilla

This means Roman asked for a spot ahead of time, what happens if he actually won the title? Does he come out anyway?

Am I working myself ?!

This shit is honestly why ratings are down. Everything falls apart the moment you put any kind of analytical thought into it

This shit is honestly why ratings are down. Everything falls apart the moment you put any kind of analytical thought into it

The problem is they think people are too stupid to notice or think they don't care about continuity. They're completely wrong on both fronts.

klonere

Banned
Because I was curious:
John Cena vs. Triple H: 22 matches (http://www.cagematch.net/?id=91&nr=162&page=2)

John Cena vs. Kurt Angle: 27 matches (http://www.cagematch.net/?id=91&nr=60&page=2)

John Cena vs. CM Punk: 29 matches (http://www.cagematch.net/?id=91&nr=214&page=2)

John Cena vs. Edge: 52 matches (http://www.cagematch.net/?id=91&nr=31&page=2)

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi: 31 matches (http://www.cagematch.net/?id=91&nr=217&page=3)

Kenta Kobashi vs Mitsuharu Misawa - 16 matches. http://www.cagematch.net/?id=91&nr=5&page=2&constellation=Singles

(I cheated and put singles only, all matches its 250+ LOL)

Sephzilla

I'm not sure I'd say Cena/AJ was better than Okada/Omega, but both matches were fantastic.

But I don't buy "selling" being one of the perks of the Cena/AJ match since the finisher involved Cena no selling a Styles Clash

VoxPop

I was actually legit wondering this. I figured we'd get a Taker/Kane final staredown or maybe the Brothers of Destruction taking out Strowman or something like that. But no, we have to waste Rumble spots on Kalisto, Enzo Amore, and James Ellsworth.

I'm glad everyone recognizes my superior booking skills. I made the crowd excited for Bastion Booger vs some WCW jobber vs a goddamn Ninja Turtle

There's a problem when people are actually asking for a 50 year old Kane to make an appearance over people currently on their roster. They really need a shakeup. New Blood 2017 anyone?

I'm not the biggest Ambrose fan but I felt the guy deserved a lot better then the quick jobber-like elimination he got.

Also the Avatar Rumble was good fun, friend Seph, even if Kane deserved better.

Hasney

I'm not the biggest Ambrose fan but I felt the guy deserved a lot better then the quick jobber-like elimination he got.

Also the Avatar Rumble was good fun, friend Seph, even if Kane deserved better.

Pffft, unless you were a WM main event level player, creative just had nothing for you.

ReiGun

Selling? The match literally ended with Cena no selling a Styles Clash to Double AA Styles. Not to mention these dudes kicking out of every finisher they could possibly think to spam, only to spam more finishers.

I enjoyed the match, but let's not start saying things that aren't true.

Remember when Alvarez said WWE really wanted the main event of Mania to be a classic match and Omega vrs Okada really lit a fire under them to make it happen?

And now we are gonna have Randy Orton, possibly the most boring wrestler in one main event and the other is gonna be Goldberg vrs Lesner.

GunBR

Just rewatched some parts of the Rumble and now I changed my mind about Roman at number 30
Last night I was pissed off, but now it looks so funny

You can even see how it took a few seconds before people started to boo him, because everyone was in shock at that moment

Sephzilla

There's a problem when people are actually asking for a 50 year old Kane to make an appearance over people currently on their roster. They really need a shakeup. New Blood 2017 anyone?

true, yeah there were already a bunch of old timers in this match. and yeah, there needs to be a shakeup. Unfortunately that isn't happening until vince is out of power

Zach

Not gonna lie, I was happy to see people appreciate some of the little things I did like the scrolling entrant list and the RIP NeoGAF Vince bit

It was a lot of fun. FlammableD did a great job, too. But the ticker at the bottom this year was a delight!

Hex

Banned
When I realized Reigns was going to be #30 I just kind of went "are you fucking kidding me?"

Absolutely hilarious that they tried to get people way into Orton by having him eliminate the heat magnet Roman to win it. Like, if you have to resort to those kind of tactics maybe it's a sign Randy Orton shouldn't be winning a Rumble in 2017? Yes we liked Randy much more latley as a Wyatt, but we didn't say we fucking loved him. Maybe this is a sign that any time fans get even mildly behind one of Vince's favorites, he's just going to thrust them to the top in an instant.

Oh and Michael Cole totally went "HERE COMES THE BIG DAWG, BUT TAKER IS GOING TO SHOW HIM THIS IS HIS YARD!". The level of corny and stupidness feels like 2012 again.

Sadly I trolled myself because I forgot he was in it and was waiting for Joe or Finn

Reigns selling his ribs being injured then 4 seconds later forgetting about it completely.

Cole: "I DON'T THINK HE CAN BREATH GUYS THIS IS TERRIBLE!"

*Reigns magically heals*

Such a random finish too, why would Strowman care at all about this randomly? What's the bet they just don't even reference it ever again lol. They just needed a reason for Reigns to lose without losing and had run out of Jericho and Owens do something something ideas.

He kicked out of a f**king brass knucks to the face flush punch and they wonder why he gets boo'ed, it's just so blatantly PLEASE LIKE HIM GUYS LOOK HOW AWESOME HE IS people turn off.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Then he f**king comes out again in the Rumble, why would he even have a number, what is the logic here?!?!?? They set it up perfectly to make people think its a surprise entry and get people hyped only to troll it with the guy they hate, what sense does this make? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Sephzilla

It was a lot of fun. FlammableD did a great job, too. But the ticker at the bottom this year was a delight!

If I get to host the avatar rumble again next year I already have ideas for how to up the presentation and make it easier for everyone to know who enters the rumble.

I also still want to do some kind of revival of the GAF Wrestling Federation

klonere

Banned
If I get to host the avatar rumble again next year I already have ideas for how to up the presentation and make it easier for everyone to know who enters the rumble.

I also still want to do some kind of revival of the GAF Wrestling Federation

I now have a streaming capable PC and would also be interested in reviving the GAF Wrasslin Territory, if you'd like some help with it.

MG310

Such a random finish too, why would Strowman care at all about this randomly? What's the bet they just don't even reference it ever again lol. They just needed a reason for Reigns to lose without losing and had run out of Jericho and Owens do something something ideas.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The Monster Among Men gets to be run over by the Big Dog in the WWE Fastlane on the Road to Wrestlemania.

Sephzilla

I now have a streaming capable PC and would also be interested in reviving the GAF Wrasslin Territory, if you'd like some help with it.

I was planning on tweeting NeoGAF Vince in the great beyond and asking if he'd be okay with it, since it's his brain child basically. But I was thinking it would be a once a month type deal in order to keep the event kind of special.

Top Bottom