• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Mahonay

Banned
All those that fantasizes about Miz coming out to Bryan's music at 30, the reaction here last night showed that people would not have been able to handle it.

I think most smarks judge their enjoyment of a match/event 90 percent by who goes over, and 10 percent by what actually happens.

If the ppl was the exact same but Wyatt won the Rumble, what would your thoughts on it be?
I would be happy?

The Taker-Roman and Goldber-Lesnar stuff would still have been horrible garbage.

Zach

It's funny because I wasn't even considering fun entries like Nakamura or Joe or whatever at #30. I was like "Goldberg, Lesnar, Undertaker have all entered... who else could it be? Oh."

The only time I enjoyed last night, the only thing they got right was #10 entrant, everything else was lazy booking, and just a microcosm of everything wring with the E.

Im cancelling my sub till Mania.

klonere

Banned
MOTHERFUCKERS I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK BUT IF VANILLA MIDGET FINN BALOR CAME OUT AT 30 AND HAD IT ON WITH TAKER AND CO, EVEN IF HE IS LIKE 4 FEET TALL IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HYPE AS SHIT AND YOU CAN'T TELL ME OTHERWISE BUT FUCKING UNSAFE WORKER SETH ROLLINS WHO WASN'T EVEN IN THE RUMBLE FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!!!!!!

IM A MAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKK

Bronx-Man

Banned
Looking back on WM27, 28, 29, 31, 32 and the rumored card for 33 made me realize how much of a complete anomaly 30 was.

If Punk didn't walk out, we would've seen Sheamus vs Bryan again, the end of the Streak, and Batista vs Orton as the main event with Batista going over.

Toki767

All those that fantasizes about Miz coming out to Bryan's music at 30, the reaction here last night showed that people would not have been able to handle it.

I think most smarks judge their enjoyment of a match/event 90 percent by who goes over, and 10 percent by what actually happens.

If the ppl was the exact same but Wyatt won the Rumble, what would your thoughts on it be?

It would at least make more sense in the grand scheme of things.

Bronx-Man

Banned

I'd be a lot happier with that.

Hasney

I'm really happy I wasn't paying enough attention to consider that. I understand the disappointment that some felt. Pretty funny.

I mean, to be fair, even if we thought it would be Heath Slater we'd still have been disappointed with #30.

Hasney

They'd have been the same. Tye and Gallagher had some good moments. The rest was pretty shit.

shanafan

I thought for sure #30 was going to be either Angle or Joe

I still do not understand how people thought Angle was going to appear. Sure he is entering the Hall of Fame, but he is still taking indy bookings through February I think.

And besides, the guy will never be cleared by WWE doctors if Daniel Bryan can not be.

Yeah, seeing Kurt would have been incredible, but it's not going to happen.

imBask

Banned
I still do not understand how people thought Angle was going to appear. Sure he is entering the Hall of Fame, but he is still taking indy bookings through February I think.

And besides, the guy will never be cleared by WWE doctors if Daniel Bryan can not be.

Yeah, seeing Kurt would have been incredible, but it's not going to happen.

they'll clear Angle because he's Kurt Angle. Your mistake is that you're assuming WWE policies are fair and they're the same for everyone

Sheamus vs Bryan could have been a genuinely good match to happen at Wrestlemania 28 as shown by the 2 out of 3 falls match that happened the PPV after between them.

Two Mania's in a row these guys got screwed over when fighting each other. I think in Bryan's book he wrote about how he and Sheamus were fucking pissed off about that.

Zach

When Lesnar was dominating I was thinking "I wish Rusev was doing this."

Another thing: I was saddened by Cesaro's showing. I was surprised that I didn't care about his giant swings -- and some of them looked pretty crummy.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

It'd be better, but a pretty bad Rumble overall. I normally love the rumble for the surprises and spectacle, which were missing from this. Its almost always a bad match, but among my favorites. The biggest surprise last night to me was Reigns at 30, which is the worst kind of surprise.

Anth0ny

Another thing: I was saddened by Cesaro's showing. I was surprised that I didn't care about his giant swings -- and some of them looked pretty crummy.

unfortunately, I think Cesaro is reaching Ziggler levels of "we just can't bring ourselves to care" from crowds

sorry fox

klonere

Banned

Rusev has gigantic mainstream appeal potential. He should be in that Lesnar spot. Or some spot. Anything. Give him something!

IF ONLY HE MADE CENA TAP AT WRESTLEMANIA

HE COULD HAVE BEEN A STAR

The tank....he had a tank....they could have turned him face...he's so charismatic....he has a great real life story....wife who is just as successful and talented as he is...

The pain, the pain hurts.

I've stopped caring about the swings when they started happening at least once and often multiple times during every single match.

Ithil

Cesaro's team with Sheamus is decent, but it's also thoroughly cemented him as midcard once again. Every once in a while before it would seem like he might finally break through to the upper card, but eventually people give up on that.

Hasney

unfortunately, I think Cesaro is reaching Ziggler levels of "we just can't bring ourselves to care" from crowds

sorry fox

Pretty much. If this Rumble didn't make it clear that your favourite will never get a shot unless they're pushed to the moon from Day 1 or somehow get the crowd to care as much as they did about Bryan and Punk despite the dogshit they give you, they have no chance.

creatchee

Smarks got pissed off simply because of Roman showing up in combination with their victim complex when it comes to WWE booking.

The Rumble was fine until Roman showed up.

Nobody wanted Taker to win until Roman eliminated him.

Randy Orton winning was fine but Roman was also there.

You will never appease these people. If things don't go at least 99% of how they booked them to go in their fantasies, they cry and play victim. Seriously - they don't even change verbiage from one to the other. "Shoved down our throats." "Underutilized." "Vince has lost touch with fans/reality." Smarks are basically the same as people who only consume right wing news - they all have the same opinion that the system hates them, they all think that pushing what they want will somehow make everything great again, and they're all fucking loud.

Reality check: Roman didn't win the Universal Title OR the Rumble match, but smarks are still bitching about him and his booking. That sounds like less of a problem with him and more of a problem with them. And what, is him potentially beating/retiring Taker at Wrestlemania some sort of sacrilege? Taker should have retired a long time ago. The Streak is going on 3 years of being over. You can't unpop that cherry. There's literally nothing left for him to do except have his last match. He needs somebody to have it with. Reigns is fine. Their styles are perfect to clash against. Who do you think should face him then? Ambrose? Rollins? Owens? Sami Zayn? Dolph Ziggler? James Ellsworth? Please. The only other wrestler you could legit put him in a retirement match (if that's actually the plan) is Cena, and that ship has sailed (allegedly).

So no, if Wyatt won, smarks would still be talking about Roman, AS PER USUAL.

Also at the latest tapings, a guy named Matt Hardy got a tryout. He was really green but he got over well by doing a few great high flying moves.

I love reading the Wrestling Observer Rewind on wreddit for shit like this.

Mahonay

Banned
Smarks got pissed off simply because of Roman showing up in combination with their victim complex when it comes to WWE booking.

You will never appease these people. If things don't go at least 99% of how they booked them to go in their fantasies, they cry and play victim. Seriously - they don't even change verbiage from one to the other. "Shoved down our throats." "Underutilized." "Vince has lost touch with fans/reality." Smarks are basically the same as people who only consume right wing news - they all have the same opinion that the system hates them, they all think that pushing what they want will somehow make everything great again, and they're all fucking loud.

Reality check: Roman didn't win the Universal Title OR the Rumble match, but smarks are still bitching about him and his booking. That sounds like less of a problem with him and more of a problem with them. And what, is him potentially beating/retiring Taker at Wrestlemania some sort of sacrilege? Taker should have retired a long time ago. The Streak is going on 3 years of being over. You can't unpop that cherry. There's literally nothing left for him to do except have his last match. He needs somebody to have it with. Reigns is fine. Their styles are perfect to clash against. Who do you think should face him then? Ambrose? Rollins? Owens? Sami Zayn? Dolph Ziggler? James Ellsworth? Please. The only other wrestler you could legit put him in a retirement match (if that's actually the plan) is Cena, and that ship has sailed (allegedly).

You have bad opinions.

Hasney

How many of these essays about how ROMAN IS JUST SO PERSECUTED BY MEAN OLD SMARKS are we gonna get?

It's the VICTIM COMPLEX they have about being called a mark!

Rumble was pretty dull before Roman got there and went down a gear after that. Nothing much to it.

200.gif

Pretty much. If this Rumble didn't make it clear that your favourite will never get a shot unless they're pushed to the moon from Day 1 or somehow get the crowd to care as much as they did about Bryan and Punk despite the dogshit they give you, they have no chance.

They actually have one more chance: walking out

One of their top matches at SS/faceoffs last night/matches at Mania was with two guys who left immediately after the first time they fought

There's nothing Vince and HHH love and respect more than people telling them to fuck off and then one day asking to come back, and it's the only hope 96% of that roster has of ever advancing

Watching WM32's HHH vs Roman

Fuck the haters, I love HHH's overdone entrances. This Skull soldier entrance is a perfect end to his career as a world champion

Heroman

Banned

If WWE biggest audience aka "smarks" ,what that ever that means, hate WWE top star then maybe should you know stop booking him as a top star.

So guys, assuming some version of the GAF Wrestling Federation (or a newer hipper branded version) happens, who'd be interested in being in it? I'm kind of hoping to headline a show with a Zach vs Professor Beef grudge match.

going to launch a rebrand and have that as your featured bout?

already worse than wCw, Anthem TNA, and CHIKARA.

Top Bottom