• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Bronx-Man

Banned
Thugger section?

raw

daemissary

I hope since WWE has basically tried to turn the Royal Rumble and Summerslam into mini-Manias that The Raw after RR becomes a thing.

Basically I hope that they start trying on more than1 Raw per year.

gun_haver

Actually knowing ahead of time Orton was likely to win did actually completely deflate the rumble for me. The first 2/3's were pretty boring because it was front-loaded with the more boring mid-carders and the 'surprise' entrants were just people who they hadn't bothered to announce ahead of time because they didn't matter at all.

Then the last 3rd, when the people of consequence started showing up, it just became increasingly clear that the plans for Orton to win were in effect and then I was just waiting for that to happen. Roman coming out at 30th just snuffed out whatever remaining anticipation I had.

So I really have no way of telling if this was a good rumble because so much of it is based on surprise and anticipation and every entrant was either completely expected, even down to when they showed up, or just disappointingly inconsequential.

Having said that, if the match itself was exciting, it might not have mattered as much, but most of the rumble was just everybody lying down in the corner while a mix of Braun, Brock, Goldberg and Lesnar stood in the middle waiting for somebody else to come out.

So I think it probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but regardless I still didn't like it. I don't have any issue with Orton winning, I like him, but if I'm still watching next year (and i kind of hope i'm not), I'm not reading any spoilers or speculation at all.

If Roman was inserted so there were guaranteed cheers for Orton, I feel people would've cheered for Bray even if he eliminated Samoa Joe anyways, so I don't know if that argument could be made.

We all know the bastard was placed there to confirm his heel turn and set in motion him squashing Taker at Mania, imminent turn incoming today fam.

Tagyhag

Bronx-Man. You are the chosen one. You must defeat Bluekaveli and banish him from WrassleGAF forever.

Nah fuck that.

Bluekaveli has been here through thick and thin. Bronx-Man leaves and then expects to be treated like he never left, trying to pull a Dwayne Johnson.

#TeamBlue

I actually liked the Rumble (the whole PPV) pretty well. Every match on the main card was pretty good, Swann/Neville and Cena/Styles were great.

Going by what I've seen around the internet today it seemed like people had a feeling Orton would win beforehand and I'm glad I went in blind. I haven't watched consistently since Roadblock so pretty much everything was a surprise.

I would be pretty okay with Orton/Cena at Mania for the title, the two standard bearers going at it one last time. I have no interest in Reigns/Taker though and Reigns is really wearing out his welcome to me now.

Nekofrog

Banned
Bluekaveli is a saint and you will not disparage him in my presence

though that mark still owes me kayfabe attitude era nitro posts, that sumbitch

gun_haver

Going by what I've seen around the internet today it seemed like people had a feeling Orton would win beforehand and I'm glad I went in blind. I haven't watched consistently since Roadblock so pretty much everything was a surprise.

It wasn't a feeling, it was just flat out spoiled by Meltzer - and yeah, people have the choice not to look at that stuff, I wish I hadn't. I think the reason this is more annoying to me is in a normal match, you know one of two people is going to win, but in the rumble, it could theoretically be any one of 30 and in this specific rumble, Orton has not been built up to WM main event level at all lately, so this would have been a legitimate surprise had it not gotten out ahead of time.

It wasn't a feeling, it was just flat out spoiled by Meltzer - and yeah, people have the choice not to look at that stuff, I wish I hadn't. I think the reason this is more annoying to me is in a normal match, you know one of two people is going to win, but in the rumble, it could theoretically be any one of 30 and in this specific rumble, Orton has not been built up to WM main event level at all lately, so this would have been a legitimate surprise had it not gotten out ahead of time.

How far in advance did Meltzer spoil it? I imagine knowing for anything longer than a few hours would be awful.

Top Bottom