• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Travel |OT| One does simply not visit just once

Trojan X

Banned
No matter how I put this, it's gonna sound creepy. But I saw you boarding the plane since I happened to notice your boardingpass as I was waiting in line. wwwww

ええええええええ!!! それはこわいよ!!!ほんと。やだー。 ... and you stayed quiet about it too!

ahhhhh.... I can already picture it now:

tumblr_mp00zycQyk1sx1u42o1_500.gif

... fuck.

Ayumi

えええええええええええ

ええええええええ!!! それはこわいよ!!!ほんと。やだー。 ... and you stayed quiet about it too!

ahhhhh.... I can already picture it now:

tumblr_mp00zycQyk1sx1u42o1_500.gif

... fuck.
Ahahaha, I wish I looked that awesome! I considered whispering "Konami code" to him as a greeting but decided to just remain quiet so I wouldn't freak him out completely. (・∀・)

Ayumi

[creep ]Christ, Tokyo's women are head and shoulders above Shikoku. [/creep]

Yessss. So many pretty ones here! If you go even more north of Japan, they become even more beautiful. (And the more north you go, the less make-up they wear too, so it's easy to tell if it's genuine beauty or not.)

hwalker84

Cool. Could you update the first post as well? Fix that nex suica thing and add the other picture albums from the Japan GAF OT?

Sure. The picture albums from the Japan GAF OT are just a copy and paste of this thread with different formatting. None are missing but I'll change the formatting.

Nice that this is an official thread for traveling to Japan, but can't we get a more unique title than just "Japan Travel?"

I think something like "Traveling to Japan|OT| Don't go to a maid cafe" or something like that.

Sorry if this was asked already, but on average, how much does a trip to Japan cost(including hotel, food, fun, etc)?

Also, when is the best time of year to go?

Sure. The picture albums from the Japan GAF OT are just a copy and paste of this thread with different formatting. None are missing but I'll change the formatting.

Oh, ok. I think somebody else posted their own albums in that thread though.

Nice that this is an official thread for traveling to Japan, but can't we get a more unique title than just "Japan Travel?"

I think something like "Traveling to Japan|OT| Don't go to a maid cafe" or something like that.

Haha. Maybe they should put the taxi thing in this thread title and figure out something else for that other thread since that's more about travel.

Sorry if this was asked already, but on average, how much does a trip to Japan cost(including hotel, food, fun, etc)?

Depends on what kind of hotel you want, if you can stay at a hostel or not, use airbnb, what kind of food you want to eat and what kind of fun you want to experience :p

Best time to go is anything but the summer.

hwalker84

Shoot a bunch of suggestions then I'll ask a Mod.

That's a real broad question. I paid about $1800 for my flight and like $800-900 for a hotel (7 nights). Flight would have been a lot cheaper if I went in spring/fall instead of summer and I could have easily saved money with a smaller hotel. Food in Tokyo seemed compatible to what it costs in the US. And what you spend on "fun" is entirely up to you.

Fletcher

Going on a Seoul/Japan trip on Oct.18 for two weeks. Two and a half days in Seoul to pick up my sister than Kyoto, Hiroshima/Nara, Tokyo. I'm so super fucking pumped. Thanks for all the info in this thread (and the previous one), guys!

Out of the three wifi deals listed on the first page, is that Bmobile the best?

Going on a Seoul/Japan trip on Oct.18 for two weeks. Two and a half days in Seoul to pick up my sister than Kyoto, Hiroshima/Nara, Tokyo. I'm so super fucking pumped. Thanks for all the info in this thread (and the previous one), guys!

Out of the three wifi deals listed on the first page, is that Bmobile the best?

You're going to love Nara. It was the highlight of my trip.

I ended up not going to Kyoto because I wanted more than a day there and I needed time to recover. Next time!

Desmond

Meeting up with some friends this afternoon at the Skytree. Judging by hyperdia, Asakusa seems to be on the way there (at least for me). Could I freely just walk around at my own pace for an hour or so or do I need more time? Also, is it free? Lol

Meeting up with some friends this afternoon at the Skytree. Judging by hyperdia, Asakusa seems to be on the way there (at least for me). Could I freely just walk around at my own pace for an hour or so or do I need more time? Also, is it free? Lol

It's free. If you just want to look at the temple an hour is ok-ish. You won't have time to relax and take in the sight though (although, if there's lots of tourists there when you go, that won't happen anyway :p)

Anybody in Tokyo who wants to splurge @ Le Atelier or Robuchon (lunch), Ishikawa, Sant Pau(lunch) and/or Umi or Sushi Saito with me in early November? I rather not go alone.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Anybody in Tokyo who wants to splurge @ Le Atelier or Robuchon (lunch), Ishikawa, Sant Pau(lunch) and/or Umi or Sushi Saito with me in early November? I rather not go alone.

If don't overlap with my mom visit, count me in.

gembel

anyone here live in Japan?? need some help in buying Fujiko F Fujio museum tickets :(

the tickets can be purchased at Lawson only and must be done 2 months in advance.. need someone's help, I can pay you via paypal :)

PM me please if you can help me~ Much thanks, arigatou~

Ayumi

anyone here live in Japan?? need some help in buying Fujiko F Fujio museum tickets :(

the tickets can be purchased at Lawson only and must be done 2 months in advance.. need someone's help, I can pay you via paypal :)

PM me please if you can help me~ Much thanks, arigatou~

How much are they?

Sakura

I flew out to Japan a few months ago.
The flight was honestly the worst thing I've ever experienced. I never want to leave the country because of the flight alone back.

Resilient

Hi guys,

has anybody ever stayed at Guesthouse U-En in Osaka?

If so, how was it? Would be interested to know, I would like to stay there on my next trip.

Ayumi

I flew out to Japan a few months ago.
The flight was honestly the worst thing I've ever experienced. I never want to leave the country because of the flight alone back.
You can get some pills for it at a doctor clinic. Japanese doctors seem pretty easy at giving out medicine.. sounds dangerous, but it's good if you really need it. I took some on my way out of Japan, and it made me so relaxed that I didn't even need it on my way home.

Hi Ayumi-san,

They are 1000yen each. http://fujiko-museum.com/english/ticket/

I checked again. Since I'm going in January 2015, looks like tickets for that month can be purchased from November 30 only. So 2 more months :)
Is there any chance you are coming by Tokyo? I might be able to buy the tickets for you unless you already find someone else to do it.

Hi guys,

If so, how was it? Would be interested to know, I would like to stay there on my next trip.
Never stayed there, but you can find some reviews on this page:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...thouse_U_En-Osaka_Osaka_Prefecture_Kinki.html
It seems to have good reviews~ Make sure you check other places on Tripadvisor as well, it's very useful for honest feedback.

Sakura

You can get some pills for it at a doctor clinic. Japanese doctors seem pretty easy at giving out medicine.. sounds dangerous, but it's good if you really need it. I took some on my way out of Japan, and it made me so relaxed that I didn't even need it on my way home.
Ha ha, I didn't mean I was scared or nervous or anything. It was just such a long ass flight, sitting in a cramped uncomfortable seat for 12 hours, and it wasn't a direct flight either.
Couldn't even watch any in flight movies because the headphones were so shit. It was my first time on a plane. Was so tired when I finally arrived in Japan.

hwalker84

Hi guys,

Reviews look quite good.

I stayed in http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/shin-osaka-tomato-guest-house.html - Friendly staff didn't seem close to much.

and

http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/toyo-osaka1.html - Literally only used this place to wash and then hit the club. Slept for 1 hour then I had to move to Shin-Osaka Tomato since I couldn't get into Toyo for more than one night. Seemed right near all the action in Osaka.

gembel

Is there any chance you are coming by Tokyo? I might be able to buy the tickets for you unless you already find someone else to do it.

I will be in Tokyo from Dec 30, and planning to go to the Fujiko F Fujio museum on Jan 5. Hotel in Shinjuku

Ayumi

I will be in Tokyo from Dec 30, and planning to go to the Fujiko F Fujio museum on Jan 5. Hotel in Shinjuku

Okay. I'll buy you the ticket and you can give me back in cash when you're here? I'd rather not share my Paypal info since it contains my name, etc. :v

Anung

Un Rama
I went to a Robot Restaurant today and my god that was freaking incredible. Japanese women are so beautiful (girlfriend is mad)

Tomorrow is my last day in Japan :(

http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/toyo-osaka1.html - Literally only used this place to wash and then hit the club. Slept for 1 hour then I had to move to Shin-Osaka Tomato since I couldn't get into Toyo for more than one night. Seemed right near all the action in Osaka.

I didn't stay at this hotel, but I did stay at one in the area; http://www.hotel-taiyo.com/en/index_e.html

I spent a week there, cost was like 17 bucks a night. Small room, minifridge, small TV, etc. Very nice for what I wanted out of it considering I wasn't trying to just stay in the hotel all day.

Toyo/Taiyo/etc are all in the business hotel district, which is within walking distance of a ton of train stations (Shin Imamiya & Dobutsuen Mae station). All are generally similar, but I recommend Taiyo for foreigners since they cater to them a bit more (and speak English very well). Gogogo

Top Bottom