• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Azusa

Unlike in PAD when you buy the Start Dash you can choose any available SSR from the current pool. It's not random. As I started to collect login bonuses a few month ago I have missed that :(

Kudo

Really interested in getting into mobile gaming so but before that:
What would be the easiest way to give GBF a try? I currently don't have iOS/Android phone so can it be played on browser too?
Also is there some good "gameplay" video where I could learn the basics and how the game plays normally.

Dandte

Really interested in getting into mobile gaming so but before that:
What would be the easiest way to give GBF a try? I currently don't have iOS/Android phone so can it be played on browser too?
Also is there some good "gameplay" video where I could learn the basics and how the game plays normally.

GBF actually works best while played in a browser. I'm waiting for the english client, because the interface itself is kinda japanese heavy.

Some lategame content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-8Mz1iQK-E

as you see, it has gorgerous art and a wonderful soundtrack.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If anyone was interested in starting Monster Strike, January 1st is the day to roll.

Strongest monster in the game is finally releasing in NA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7PyMZNxTVg

Haha...i stopped playing the game hald a year ago and at that point the Line-GAF crew were already saving up +50-1000 stones for her... xD

They really took their time with this one :-D I think i will log in again...just for fun :v:

The SSR drop rate is ridiculous high in this new event. LoL
Z5muZJW.png

Dragon Poker has this fairly unique (as far as I'm aware) New Year's gacha where once per day, for three days, you get three guaranteed SSR cards and a handful of other utility cards. All for the "low" price of 100 stones (typical EV for an SSR is about 57 stones)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A game called Servant Battle was released. Seems to be exactly like Heroes Charge (and all other clones) except it has characters from the Fate (fate/stay) anime series.

Seems okay but doubt I'd continue despite liking the anime.

Saprol

Anyone buying any of those new year skin sets?
i need one for the main character but they didn't make one. also they're giving all the love to ferri with the new years and her album single skin. whens the SSR version?

A game called Servant Battle was released. Seems to be exactly like Heroes Charge (and all other clones) except it has characters from the Fate (fate/stay) anime series.

Seems okay but doubt I'd continue despite liking the anime.
that sounds like some weird knockoff because fate grand order http://www.fate-go.jp/ is the actual one?

Rotnems

Neo Member
I don't stand a chance then.
Man, the legend fest is really tempting

I saw in a video that someone used skills without that "Do you want to use this skill" thing pop up. Where in the option can I disable that?

A0gmJyw.png

press the skip button.

Also got an SSR weapon from chevalier while making this picture so thanks for that Aitakute.

The thing when you reached job lv 20? About 35k exp each?
Edit: I checked and it says "Next rank 40" but 40 of what?

Player level

Higher Player Level = Higher Zenith Class = More Stars = Higher cap of upgrades you can buy for each Job.

You use ZP to actually buy the stars/upgrades.

IIRC though, it's been a while since I dived in that system :p

Azusa

Yeah, you need to rank up,
Zenith class 4. player 40 rank
Zenith class 5. player 50 rank

it only means your zenith perks cap. I'm zenith class 4 and my cap is only 4 purple stars. I can only upgrade my class perks 4 times. To get zenith points just level up your job as you always do. I think this system is in place to limit iap players. When you grind zp using the usual way you'll get ranks to increase your class too, but if you want you can buy green crystals to upgrade your job perks.

How did he do such high 999999 damages? He's only about lv 50
Also, what's with this character's ougi? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz_kMoRGnQ8

Some characters' Ougi has additonal damage.
The character in the video is one of them. He has a special stamina point called "三幕", the max value is 3, each action consumes one point.
His ougi can do additional damage of 333333 x (current 三幕 value)

He is also one of the highly recommend SSR for start dash, very useful for beginners

kiryogi

Banned
Man promotions are DANGEROUS. Cinderella festival in Starlight Stage and the Granblue's Legend fest. Of course it was pay day so time to whale!

I did 3x 10 rolls with paid jewels and + 1 10x roll with earned jewels in Starlight Stage.

Came away like a king with 3 SSRs (New Year Mika, Ranko, and Rin) and some neat SRs. (Mika not pictured D:)

Meanwhile, I did 5 10x draw on Granblue, getting the New Year skin sets for Veera, Katalina and Rakamu. Also the Idol skin sets for Veera and Mary. It's a good bonus if you're doing a 10 draw anyway! That said I can't say my luck was as good as Starlight stage. Got a few SRs in the first 4 tries, but only on the 5th attempt did I get 3 SSRs. with Beatrice as the highlight.

Also it's pretty funny that Granblue still chugs a little even on a note 5. Chrome on PC is best option.

(Mika not pictured D:)

You have failed me.

Really though, that's a really good amount of SSR's in Im@s right? The rate is pretty low I've heard. I tried some random pulls and didn't get anything ;_;

As for Granblue, you are not alone. Getting nothing but rares from my three new years tickets and desperation singles is starting to sting.

I got the pan girl who attacks people with rice a few days ago though so it isn't all bad.

kiryogi

Banned
You have failed me.

Really though, that's a really good amount of SSR's in Im@s right? The rate is pretty low I've heard. I tried some random pulls and didn't get anything ;_;

As for Granblue, you are not alone. Getting nothing but rares from my three new years tickets and desperation singles is starting to sting.

I got the pan girl who attacks people with rice a few days ago though so it isn't all bad.

Imgur doesnt like PNG's will fix later. And yeah 3 SSRs is some jackpot for Starlight Stage. Actually one of the SRs in Granblue I got was fried rice girl too. She's amusing and was handy since I was at the part of the story where it's all water monsters. I also got the big muscled guy in underwear SR. Yikes D:

kiryogi

Banned
On an additional note looking @ Beatrice's skills now, what in the world is "Clock of Delta" ? All of her moves seem to be modifers/enhancers for it.

kiryogi

Banned
This excel has all information about her clock skill. Quite a complex mechanic.

Oh neat! And now that I can ID my SSRs now.

Started off with Vira from starter dash a couple months ago, and now have Beatrix, Lily, and Sarunan for SSR <3

Also on top of the New Year/Idol skins, I also picked up the Xmas skin for for my char. Oh these gacha games know how to profit off of me.

Azusa

Oh neat! And now that I can ID my SSRs now.

Started off with Vira from starter dash a couple months ago, and now have Beatrix, Lily, and Sarunan for SSR <3

Also on top of the New Year/Idol skins, I also picked up the Xmas skin for for my char. Oh these gacha games know how to profit off of me.

Not bad. Looking at your post I decided to buy Vira costume and rolled Silva. My first water ssr, yay. I hope to get Vira someday too.

Saprol

Only usable SSR character I got out of this legfest was Vira.

It's hard to build up a weapon pool to support light/dark teams seeing how Chev/Celeste only drop +attack weapons at the SSR level. Even with the 1/2 cost bonus going on right now, I'd rather pick up more SR/SSR weapons for the standard 4 elements.

It's hard to build up a weapon pool to support light/dark teams seeing how Chev/Celeste only drop +attack weapons at the SSR level. Even with the 1/2 cost bonus going on right now, I'd rather pick up more SR/SSR weapons for the standard 4 elements.
Must've used up 150 meds for BP since 1/2 event started.
Got 3 Celeste Summon, but no weapon dropped yet.
Chev on the other hand no summon, but a single Harp.

Oh, and Legend Fest was a failure this time after 3x10pulls.
My record of 2 SSR per fest is gone. :(

aitakute

This is my first legend fes and after 5 10-pull and many single pull, I only got a single SSR character that is Yuel. And one Satan SSR summon. Guess my luck is really bad recently
Also, is it worth doing 90 coin pull daily even when there's no legend fes going on?

This is my first legend fes and after 5 10-pull and many single pull, I only got a single SSR character that is Yuel. And one Satan SSR summon. Guess my luck is really bad recently
Also, is it worth doing 90 coin pull daily even when there's no legend fes going on?

6% is still very low rate. So, don't expect too much in the fes. Just buy star gacha ticket which guarantees you an SSR
People buying gacha ticket in the fes is aiming for the limited version SSRs.

aitakute

6% is still very low rate. So, don't expect too much in the fes. Just buy star gacha ticket which guarantees you an SSR
People buying gacha ticket in the fes is aiming for the limited version SSRs.

What is a star gacha ticket? Is it the same as surprise ticket?

Saprol

What is a star gacha ticket? Is it the same as surprise ticket?

Start dash: One time ticket that lets you pick from the gacha at the time of your account creation.

Surprise: Lets you pick one thing from the gacha at the time that the ticket is made available

Star: Guarantees an SSR in your roll. May be character, characterless weapon, summon, etc.

Just deleted Phantom of the Kill to make room for Xcom. In retrospect this is probably a better decision than I could have even imagined.

Top Bottom