• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Rixa

Damn rixa, your ID is in the 880ks? We're about to get 900k accounts!

Incoming 9 million reroll accounts event~ If they don't put in a rerolling mini game for one of these milestones, I'll be more then a little let down.

Hehhee yeah.
Got one more GAFer (Desverger) to reroll GBF just now. Son one account closer to 1m :p

Edit:

Poker the art of knowing when to end doubling.
GBFPoker1.PNG
GBFPoker2.PNG
GBFPoker3.PNG

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there any reason why GBF doesnt have its own thread ? Feels like 90% of posts here are about GBF anyway.

Tempted to roll the gacha, as all my characters have hit max level. How do I progress them afterwards?

Just limit break them.

Go to a characters page, and press the button on the right.

Then you can use some materials to expand their level cap, (each star is one limit break)

PS: Don't roll the gacha when there isn't a legend fest.

Edit: Refer to the Ultimate Guide if you want to know where you can get the materials.

This is another way to get there.

PS: Since when did you get Vampy Azusa o_O

Azusa

Tempted to roll the gacha, as all my characters have hit max level. How do I progress them afterwards?

Limit Break them.
qKa4zeW.png

Don't forget to get character from event and max bond him.
And wait for x2 SSR chance legendary festival. It usually happens once a month.

So now that I have a decent character, how do I play? xD
I read the guide that says what to do at the start, but I don't know where to find that stuff like missions etc.

aitakute

How are you guys doing with the event? I'm marathon it right now. Currently 275k points and 235 gold medals. Those gold medals are gonna take long...

Azusa

How are you guys doing with the event? I'm marathon it right now. Currently 275k points and 235 gold medals. Those gold medals are gonna take long...

I'm done. Very easy event if you have a good weapon pool.
Two days ago I got everything from it and stopped farming.

Yaari

Thanks for the info. So, when I unlock the crab "Very Hard" in my quest line, does it automatically open up for everyone, I probably won't be killing that anytime soon.

Azusa

Thanks for the info. So, when I unlock the crab "Very Hard" in my quest line, does it automatically open up for everyone, I probably won't be killing that anytime soon.

When you start raids you'll see this window. First option is to open it PUBLIC, 2nd - only friends and the 3rd is only for guild. You can reopen this window if you press the left bottom blue button. You can start the raid and open it to all. Someone will join and kill it.
J9J7tLP.png

Azusa

Is this the correct page to start playing granblue?

Which option? The one with the reward?

Yes. Its the first island with the first main quest. You can do just main quests and skip all side quests. But when you see multi quest (red) you can start it and open it to public so others can finish it for you.

Kitoro

I haven't tried GBF yet, but I'm thinking of getting a head start on rerolling now in prep for the English language being added.

I just installed and followed a guide. So far I've done two 10x rolls and two 1x rolls from using some magazine promo codes. I got all crap. I'm assuming that's the full extent I should go before rerolling? Is it possible to get something good from one of the 10 pulls I've done?

Also, should I wait to reroll during a Legend Fest? If so, any idea when the next mag be? Thanks!

Welp, thank you Bahamut.
NLIln0i.png

(non-rusted gun)
Also, should I wait to reroll during a Legend Fest? If so, any idea when the next mag be? Thanks!
Should be soon, and yeah it's totally worth waiting since the Exclusive characters in Legend Fest will be tied to your Starter Ticket if you ever want to buy it (~30$).

Edit: I said soon, but more like end of month.

Rixa

I haven't tried GBF yet, but I'm thinking of getting a head start on rerolling now in prep for the English language being added.

I just installed and followed a guide. So far I've done two 10x rolls and two 1x rolls from using some magazine promo codes. I got all crap. I'm assuming that's the full extent I should go before rerolling? Is it possible to get something good from one of the 10 pulls I've done?

That 10 pull is fixed. I think its always 9xR and 1xSR.
When rerolling one should focus only for those 2 Gacha tickets, dont bother with JDA codes, they take time. You can input them when ever you have finished rerolling.

tl;dr Pull twice with Gacha tix, reroll, rinse and repeat.

Yes. Its the first island with the first main quest. You can do just main quests and skip all side quests. But when you see multi quest (red) you can start it and open it to public so others can finish it for you.

The red one is the one in my image too? So I can already open it?

kiryogi

Banned
The red one is the one in my image too? So I can already open it?

The red one in your image just takes you to multibattles where you can help other people. However, as you progress thru the story, there will be multibattles that you must face, and those will be indicated in red (and will say multibattle in english actually!)

That said, whenever you have the BP, join and leech multi battles as soon as possible. It's how you start building your pool up.

Also, congratulations on Narumeia, she is one of the best dark characters.

Rixa: my mistake I meant 9 million. Had my mind in jp counting logic. We're almost at 9 million accounts.

Kitoro

That 10 pull is fixed. I think its always 9xR and 1xSR.
When rerolling one should focus only for those 2 Gacha tickets, dont bother with JDA codes, they take time. You can input them when ever you have finished rerolling.

tl;dr Pull twice with Gacha tix, reroll, rinse and repeat.

Thanks! At what point do I unlock the two Gacha tix?

Rixa

Thanks! At what point do I unlock the two Gacha tix?

When you click those shiny things in town right order.
1. From the actual My Page screen, click the arrow on the right side of the screen to visit Town area.
2. Click each gold sparkle on the map to get some items.
3. After you get all 4 items, visit the sparkles again from top, left, right, to middle. This will give you an extra Legend Gacha ticket.
4.If nothing happens after visiting the sparkles in that order, refresh the page and try again.

The red one in your image just takes you to multibattles where you can help other people. However, as you progress thru the story, there will be multibattles that you must face, and those will be indicated in red (and will say multibattle in english actually!)

That said, whenever you have the BP, join and leech multi battles as soon as possible. It's how you start building your pool up.

Also, congratulations on Narumeia, she is one of the best dark characters.

Rixa: my mistake I meant 9 million. Had my mind in jp counting logic. We're almost at 9 million accounts.

How do you "leech"? Simply click the join a multibattle and then leave?

kiryogi

Banned
How do you "leech"? Simply click the join a multibattle and then leave?
Oh I didn't realize I edited out how lol.
Join and use your friend summon asap. Sometimes these raids can die really fast, so you just want to tag it. Then wait for it to die, you can try placing additional hits later if you want but this early on, you might get murdered.

The neat thing about raids, is that outside of being mvp and host. It doesn't matter how much damage you do, you get equal opportunity for loot provided you landed a hit.

Kitoro

When you click those shiny things in town right order.

Ahh okay, thanks! Also, should I just save all my summons and keep playing as far as I can and summon when the Legfest returns?

Lastly, it's confirmed that there won't be a separate English version, right? Just a language option? Thanks again!

kiryogi

Banned
Ahh okay, thanks! Also, should I just save all my summons and keep playing as far as I can and summon when the Legfest returns?

Lastly, it's confirmed that there won't be a separate English version, right? Just a language option? Thanks again!

As far as we know, it's just a English option. But we'll see next month what this entails.

Yeah, legfest is best time to roll mostly.

Oh I didn't realize I edited out how lol.
Join and use your friend summon asap. Sometimes these raids can die really fast, so you just want to tag it. Then wait for it to die, you can try placing additional hits later if you want but this early on, you might get murdered.

The neat thing about raids, is that outside of being mvp and host. It doesn't matter how much damage you do, you get equal opportunity for loot provided you landed a hit.
mmm, what do you mean by "use your friend summon"? The friend you can choose before you start a fight?

Also in the story quest at one point it ask me to choose an element and one of 2 options where one has the HP word in it, what's that?

kiryogi

Banned
mmm, what do you mean by "use your friend summon"? The friend you can choose before you start a fight?

Also in the story quest at one point it ask me to choose an element and one of 2 options where one has the HP word in it, what's that?

Ah sorry, gacha terminology! Actually the appropriate term is Support Summon, but yes. The summon you pick before you go into battle, unleash that, as that won't take up your turn and will land hit to give you credit.

Story choices as far as I know, don't matter much, unless you mean during in battle tutorial? Otherwise, it's just flavor text. Look forward to reading Lyria's notebook when it comes out in english.

Finally rerolled an SSR, who is it? how is it?

If i want to play with this account I just need to remember which +number I used during the registration right?

RIP you.

Narumea is great, it's just that dark life is tough life. Building up a dark attack weapon pool is, for lack of a better term, terribadly crap at the start. It's a long, long, long road and you'll see people that started in the main 4 elements, fire/water/earth/wind, to progress a lot faster because of the drop tables favoring those elements. Mostly wind, less so earth. D

So you can stick with it, it'll be painful, slow road. Or, consider dark as a side project as you work on another element, if we run into a drought of dark events in the future. It's a little unfortunate that you started now and missed the Slayers Magna and most of the crab event, those would have boosted your weapon pool into respectable levels.

While it feels like I'm totally shitting on dark, it's only for the early to mid game start. Once you build them up, they're strong. Just getting there will take, on 'average', 3x longer then the main 4-elements. There are, however, a few little things in dark that will force you to take a bit longer then even that.

Dark lyfe, tough lyfe.

kiryogi

Banned
RIP you.

Narumea is great, it's just that dark life is tough life. Building up a dark attack weapon pool is, for lack of a better term, terribadly crap at the start. It's a long, long, long road and you'll see people that started in the main 4 elements, fire/water/earth/wind, to progress a lot faster because of the drop tables favoring those elements. Mostly wind, less so earth. D

So you can stick with it, it'll be painful, slow road. Or, consider dark as a side project as you work on another element, if we run into a drought of dark events in the future. It's a little unfortunate that you started now and missed the Slayers Magna and most of the crab event, those would have boosted your weapon pool into respectable levels.

While it feels like I'm totally shitting on dark, it's only for the early to mid game start. Once you build them up, they're strong. Just getting there will take, on 'average', 3x longer then the main 4-elements. There are, however, a few little things in dark that will force you to take a bit longer then even that.

Dark lyfe, tough lyfe.

Dark life is about to get real hard too for folks that don't at least start now, the event next week is probably the last chance at dark element drops from an event. Someone was noting on 4chan, that it's probably good to warn folks to avoid Dark starting off next month.
Even light has it better since Guild Wars is every 2 months, and a GW weapon helps an early pool tons. My Light Team is my current forerunner thanks to that.

Also FYI, I start dashed Vira(Who is Dark), no regrets regardless. But one month later, I have SSRs across all elements toy with.

Dark life is about to get real hard too for folks that don't at least start now, the event next week is probably the last chance at dark element drops from an event. Someone was noting on 4chan, that it's probably good to warn folks to avoid Dark starting off next month.
Even light has it better since Guild Wars is every 2 months, and a GW weapon helps an early pool tons. My Light Team is my current forerunner thanks to that.

They even had some lovely art work that I do agree with.

Yaari

Got that SSR Crab from the Gacha. Guess that was pretty lucky considering I only started playing 2 days ago.

Thats all I'll do for the event now, the next reward is like double the points and there's only a few hours left, I won't make it.

Got that SSR Crab from the Gacha. Guess that was pretty lucky considering I only started playing 2 days ago.

Thats all I'll do for the event now, the next reward is like double the points and there's only a few hours left, I won't make it.

It sucks you couldn't max limit break it but as a stat stick it'll be cool.

Rixa

It sucks you couldn't max limit break it but as a stat stick it'll be cool.
Same here, tried to do as much as I could but only 1 LB crab, 3rd crab just didnt pop from gacha (restarted it after 2nd crab).

I caved in and grabbed start dash. Who would be good pick? I have Petra & Jean d'Arc. Unit or Summon?

muu

Same here, tried to do as much as I could but only 1 LB crab, 3rd crab just didnt pop from gacha (restarted it after 2nd crab).

I caved in and grabbed start dash. Who would be good pick? I have Petra & Jean d'Arc. Unit or Summon?

Healers are late game viable now and could be a good addition. Either that or Yoda who has a 999,999dmg additional effect on his WS.

RIP you.

Dark lyfe, tough lyfe.
I don't want to do another set of rerolls, so I'll keep that and take it slow xD
Should I do events too? How can I do them? I only see the Icy one, is that correct?

I don't recommend buying the starter dash when you start playing.
You might find out the game isn't for you after a few days, and you'll regret purchase.

Besides, it comes back every 2 months.

aitakute

Is it just me or the VH magna doesn't drop magna much when I host threm? When I join 3BP magna raid it always drop at least one silver magna. Or maybe the VH magna isn't the 3BP one? How do I unlock harder difficulty?

kiryogi

Banned
Is it just me or the VH magna doesn't drop magna much when I host threm? When I join 3BP magna raid it always drop at least one silver magna. Or maybe the VH magna isn't the 3BP one? How do I unlock harder difficulty?

Extreme Magnas can be accessed via the 1st island, once you've cleared the hard version.

I don't want to do another set of rerolls, so I'll keep that and take it slow xD
Should I do events too? How can I do them? I only see the Icy one, is that correct?

You'll get other units later on to hopefully build another element, just don't put all your eggs into the dark basket. That is, unless you're hellbent on making it work out and are willing to shell out money for start dashes and a few surprise tickets if luck doesn't favor you in the gacha. It's still a long wait regardless of the way you want to tackle it, so just settle in and start rounding out your SR and SSR weapon pools with as much good stuff as possible.

One thing to know, SR units can be real useful, so any event units should be grabbed, even if it's just to fill in the blanks. They'll hold down the fort as you look for SSRs to replace them for their respective element.

One last thing, Narumea can still help you a lot early on, even without a great weapon pool or going mainly dark thanks to the Order Grande summon, so pick that as your support friend summon when you want to hit stuff hard in story or events. Just make sure your main party has 3 different elements in them, so you can keep her damage bonus.

kiryogi

Banned
Yup, there are some SRs that perform SSR level (maybe even better). And Narumeia, is really cool in that her buff allows her to deal damage in the element the target is weak to.

Rixa

I don't recommend buying the starter dash when you start playing.
You might find out the game isn't for you after a few days, and you'll regret purchase.

Besides, it comes back every 2 months.
General rule of every F2P, if youre unsure dont use money.

Poker the art of knowing when to end doubling.

Well, no, not really. Once you got a nice little padding to take a losing streak of about 80-100 straight, you go all or nothing on double up. One max double up is enough for 500+ plays, so as long as you win under 500+ attempts, you'll easily make money faster then stopping at the lower amounts. High on anything 8 or below, low on 9 or above. Prepare your anus on King, by far the most dangerous card in all of double-up.

Yaari

I'm trash at Poker but I did go from 10k coins to 30k now, so that's kinda cool. Not like I'll ever get that SSR or anything..

Rixa

Well, no, not really. Once you got a nice little padding to take a losing streak of about 80-100 straight, you go all or nothing on double up. One max double up is enough for 500+ plays, so as long as you win under 500+ attempts, you'll easily make money faster then stopping at the lower amounts. High on anything 8 or below, low on 9 or above. Prepare your anus on King, by far the most dangerous card in all of double-up.

Also number 4 is "nice". So often getting 3 when betting High :p. Btw whats worth to grab with Medals? Aim for 2500k or something else? Its not like I have the medals near future, just curious.

Top Bottom