• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Jeezus, SqEx just put a totally broken pull option where you are guaranteed 1 6 star and 2 5 stars with no extra cost from normal in KHUchi.
Wow. Money maker.
The one game I regret not playing at launch because I was told English version was releasing soon-ish. Major lies.

I think it even has a tv commercial.

From what folks were saying every other month, but so far it's been monthly.

Also, I do believe in the 90 rolls :and single roll at time:

Did 1 90 single roll, and the 3 more singles with crystals. Vampy chan get! Wanted Lucifer or Bahamut, but what can you do.

Also GBF forums are back! They got a nice face lift.

i have no words... please share some luck with us

From what folks were saying every other month, but so far it's been monthly.

Also, I do believe in the 90 rolls :and single roll at time:

Did 1 90 single roll, and the 3 more singles with crystals. Vampy chan get! Wanted Lucifer or Bahamut, but what can you do.

Also GBF forums are back! They got a nice face lift.

Don't do this to us....

Rixa

Hi. Thanks to that GBF guide I found event tab and started to doing it. My next problem is I cant continue cause I just dont know what does this mean:
GBFQ0.PNG
GBFQ1.PNG
What do I need to do / choose so that I could do that 0 AP story forward?

Hi. Thanks to that GBF guide I found event tab and started to doing it. My next problem is I cant continue cause I just dont know what does this mean:

What do I need to do / choose so that I could do that 0 AP story forward?

Check your multi-battles. There's probably a reward that you haven't collected yet.

Edit: Just click on all the buttons with an exclamation mark to find it

Wtf :D.
I was thinking that if you enter raid and you lose before boss is killed you dont get shit :p.

Time to click these rewards.

Yeah it's nice for leechers like us :p

Also, you'll probably see this error a good amount when you try to create a team.

It's exactly the same as the other warning, meaning that your team is still stuck in a multi-battle.

You can edit all your other teams though, just click on the round blue button.

Rixa

Yeah it's nice for leechers like us :p

Also, you'll probably see this error a good amount when you try to create a team.

It's exactly the same as the other warning, meaning that your team is still stuck in a multi-battle.

You can edit all your other teams though, just click on the round blue button.

^^ Good to know. "Surprisingly" 0 higher level player has accept my friend invite. Dont know but I bet there might be button somewhere "Ignore friend request from quests" or something.

GBF has been great so far. Thanks to you and those help faqs I can do something in game. Obviously it should be much better when translation comes, good thing that everyone here "forced" me to start to play this.

I got 0 friends, so if fellow Gafers want to add newbie who is somewhat lost once and a while (almost all the time).

My ID is: 8847317 / RixGAF (as usual).

^^ Good to know. "Surprisingly" 0 higher level player has accept my friend invite. Dont know but I bet there might be button somewhere "Ignore friend request from quests" or something.

GBF has been great so far. Thanks to you and those help faqs I can do something in game. Obviously it should be much better when translation comes, good thing that everyone here "forced" me to start to play this.

I got 0 friends, so if fellow Gafers want to add newbie who is somewhat lost once and a while (almost all the time).

My ID is: 8847317 / RixGAF (as usual).

Unless you got a good summon, there really isn't a reason to add a newer player unless they're a nice person, since friend slots are a bit limited.

And be sure you're leveling your other jobs to aim for a tier-3 job, like Dark fencer, holy saber, weapon master, etc. No sense wasting all that job exp on a capped basic job.

Rixa

Unless you got a good summon, there really isn't a reason to add a newer player unless they're a nice person, since friend slots are a bit limited.

And be sure you're leveling your other jobs to aim for a tier-3 job, like Dark fencer, holy saber, weapon master, etc. No sense wasting all that job exp on a capped basic job.
And I would do the same for not accepting random invites outside of guild.
I think DF is not yet open for me.
Doing something else than fighter so long as I get DF open.

alben

Neo Member
IIRC to unlock dark fencer you need to max warrior, cleric, mage, fortress and arcana sword.
I'm pretty sure there's a guide in the forum

Azusa

And I would do the same for not accepting random invites outside of guild.
I think DF is not yet open for me.

Doing something else than fighter so long as I get DF open.

You can see requirements to unlock the job in the top of the screen. In this example Fortress 20lvl and Cleric 20lvl. Its the same for all jobs in the 2nd tab. 3rd tab jobs are late game and require special materials and title. Worry about them later.

oXDT6Kw.png

Here is a guide for main jobs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_z8Q_Qd_HVvO-ZsWfWnlPy3ifyUyTxF0L6F06cWx92s/edit
For initial and late game jobs look in Ultimate guide.

Yaari

Atleast I finally managed to make an account. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Takes like 5 min per reroll, so thats not so bad. Hopefully get an SSR soon.

Rixa

Atleast I finally managed to make an account. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Takes like 5 min per reroll, so thats not so bad. Hopefully get an SSR soon.

Good luck, it took 29 rerolls for me. Easy to remember cause my "salty" email was +29@...

I started playing Dragonball Dokkan Battle because I was curious what a Gacha game actually was and I have to say it is quite fun. Have seen people playing the Bleach Warriors game on the train but I'm currently reading it and don't want anything spoiled.

Thanks for one of my few enjoyable mobile games though!

Yaari

Good luck, it took 29 rerolls for me. Easy to remember cause my "salty" email was +29@...

Yeah the salty email thing is great. Saves a lot of time, if not for that, I probably would not have bothered. I'm on 15 tries now, but it takes me 4-5 min per attempt, so that's easy.

Got a SSR bow once. Still don't know any of the characters so I'll probably go with whatever they throw at me first.

Rixa

Yeah the salty email thing is great. Saves a lot of time, if not for that, I probably would not have bothered. I'm on 15 tries now, but it takes me 4-5 min per attempt, so that's easy.

Got a SSR bow once. Still don't know any of the characters so I'll probably go with whatever they throw at me first.

You didnt get unit with that bow? I got SSR dagger (I think it is dagger) and got SSR unit too same time when I rerolled.

I must have beginners luck, decided to roll 300 crystal pull my first one outside of rerolling.
Got rainbow crystal (inside was rainbow crystal = guaranteed ssr, in reroll it was rainbow + amber crystal inside). Was scared that I only get weapon, but relieved when I saw that I also get unit
No clue if she is good or bad :).

Yaari

You didnt get unit with that bow? I got SSR dagger (I think it is dagger) and got SSR unit too same time when I rerolled.

I must have beginners luck, decided to roll 300 crystal pull my first one outside of rerolling.
Got rainbow crystal (inside was rainbow crystal = guaranteed ssr, in reroll it was rainbow + amber crystal inside). Was scared that I only get weapon, but relieved when I saw that I also get unit

No clue if she is good or bad :).

No, you mean at the same time as the weapon? I'm only rolling with the 2 tickets when I reroll. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know.

Rixa

No, you mean at the same time as the weapon? I'm only rolling with the 2 tickets when I reroll. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know.
Yes, first pull gave ssr weapon & ssr unit, 2nd ticket gave R unit. And that first 300 crystal pull gave ssr weapon & ssr unit. Not sure why (event perhaps?).

Yaari

So perhaps he got the unit first, then the weapon? I got the weapon, and the sky didn;t turn black as the guide said.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is there a guide to sign up for a GBF account? I figure I'll just make the account and login everyday until they make the English patch then i'll roll like crazy.

kiryogi

Banned

Yaari

Thanks. So a keeper then? I don't mind doing a few more rounds of rerolls if needed tbh. She came with a weapon too.

Edit: Ahh, I see. Thanks Rixa. I'll keep her.

kiryogi

Banned
Thanks. So a keeper then? I don't mind doing a few more rounds of rerolls if needed tbh. She came with a weapon too.

Edit: Ahh, I see. Thanks Rixa. I'll keep her.

Absolutely. Here's her moveset that gives you an idea of her potential.

She's a fantastic buffer and attacker. She has an AOE that deals damage specced in all 4 of the main elements, she can buff allies main 4 elementals by 50%, and finally she has a move that gives you the "Illusion" buff, which lets you dodge any single attack twice.

Uthred

I got bored of re-rolling in GBF when I started a few weeks ago and went without an SSR character, vaguely regretting it now, but GBF doesnt feel like the kind of game you want to re-start once you've invested some time in it (and I do have a few SSR now so its all good).

muu

Is there a GAF granblue list going around?

I got bored of re-rolling in GBF when I started a few weeks ago and went without an SSR character, vaguely regretting it now, but GBF doesnt feel like the kind of game you want to re-start once you've invested some time in it (and I do have a few SSR now so its all good).

In the long term the value of rerolling till you get a 'good' character in GBF is dubious, assuming you're willing to at least spend some cash for start dash and surprise tickets, both of which allow you to pick most characters except limiteds and time specific ones. I started w/ Ototan (アギエルバ) as my reroll SSR, and at this point unless I get a couple more Draf red SSRs he's going to see more time as a sub.

If you can start w/ Lucifer/Bahamut then you definitely have a leg up on the competition, but that could be a very time consuming process. Long as you stock up on magna weapons the difference is minimal anyway.

She's a fantastic buffer and attacker. She has an AOE that deals damage specced in all 4 of the main elements, she can buff allies main 4 elementals by 50%, and finally she has a move that gives you the "Illusion" buff, which lets you dodge any single attack twice.

AKA Siete's primary caregiver

Yaari

Look my friend ID last Page and toss me a fr.

I'll do it when I figure out how, haha.

Thanks. I know what that means, not the effect it has in the game. But it sounds pretty great.

So did you all buy the start ticket? Just wondering. That's paid currency only, or am I wrong? "MobaCoins" ?

I'll do it when I figure out how, haha.

Thanks. I know what that means, not the effect it has in the game. But it sounds pretty great.

So did you all buy the start ticket? Just wondering. That's paid currency only, or am I wrong? "MobaCoins" ?

Top right Menu--->List, at the bottom ---> 3rd from the left フ レンド
Then hit the blue button that's just below the tabs to search by ID or other ways.

Start dash and surprise tickets are 3000 yen each, which is like 25 USD if I remember. Don't worry about buying a start dash right now if you don't feel like you'll stay with the game, it'll be back every month from your start date, so just pick it up when you feel like you're ready to start pair up members and finishing teams.

Top Bottom