• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

muu

I'll do it when I figure out how, haha.
Thanks. I know what that means, not the effect it has in the game. But it sounds pretty great.

So did you all buy the start ticket? Just wondering. That's paid currency only, or am I wrong? "MobaCoins" ?

Mobacoins or Japanese itunes cards. You can usually get the latter a bit cheaper -- Playasia has had 10,000yen cards for 87bucks for a while now -- compared to mobacoin cards. YMMV

kiryogi

Banned
Is there a GAF granblue list going around?

In the long term the value of rerolling till you get a 'good' character in GBF is dubious, assuming you're willing to at least spend some cash for start dash and surprise tickets, both of which allow you to pick most characters except limiteds and time specific ones. I started w/ Ototan (アギエルバ) as my reroll SSR, and at this point unless I get a couple more Draf red SSRs he's going to see more time as a sub.

If you can start w/ Lucifer/Bahamut then you definitely have a leg up on the competition, but that could be a very time consuming process. Long as you stock up on magna weapons the difference is minimal anyway.

AKA Siete's primary caregiver

Considering the international release/option soon and the activity in here, a list sounds like a great idea. If someone doesn't start one by the time I get home I can wrangle something together.

Yaari

Top right Menu--->List, at the bottom ---> 3rd from the left フ レンド
Then hit the blue button that's just below the tabs to search by ID or other ways.

Start dash and surprise tickets are 3000 yen each, which is like 25 USD if I remember. Don't worry about buying a start dash right now if you don't feel like you'll stay with the game, it'll be back every month from your start date, so just pick it up when you feel like you're ready to start pair up members and finishing teams.

Ahh. I see. That makes sense. Thanks, Plenty of time to try the game first then.

chrono01

Atleast I finally managed to make an account. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Takes like 5 min per reroll, so thats not so bad. Hopefully get an SSR soon.
Do you need to create a new account for each re-roll? I've looked at many guides, but it seems like you need to create a mobage account each time you start playing, which means a new email each time. Illy, I'd like to do a guest account until I get something I like and then link it to an email, but that doesn't seem possible. It sounds like such a headache. :/

How did you get it down to five minutes per re-roll, if you don't mind me asking? The reason I ask is because, when I was doing it (only once or twice, then I gave up due to the amount of time needed) it was at least 15 minutes for me.

Yaari

Do you need to create a new account for each re-roll? I've looked at many guides, but it seems like you need to create a mobage account each time you start playing, which means a new email each time. Illy, I'd like to do a guest account until I get something I like and then link it to an email, but that doesn't seem possible. It sounds like such a headache. :/

How did you get it down to five minutes per re-roll, if you don't mind me asking? The reason I ask is because, when I was doing it (only once or twice, then I gave up due to the amount of time needed) it was at least 15 minutes for me.

https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

I used this. So yeah, you need to make a new account, but not a new email account. Once you start the tutorial, you can just chance the numbers in the URL bar, and it takes like what, 1 minute to go through? Its really fast.

You do need to do it on PC, but it was super fast. Easiest reroll I've done for anything I'd say. I can just watch a movie while doing it.

Once someone found out you could just change the url to trick the game into thinking you finished each part, rerolling became a breeze. The longest part of rerolling some times feels like it's the town checking part to get an extra roll. You'll often hit the button to take you to the mail box instead of the other to stay and keep checking.

At what chapter in the story do you unlock the fire magna?

Around chapter 8 I believe, that should be the end of the fire island.

chrono01

https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

I used this. So yeah, you need to make a new account, but not a new email account. Once you start the tutorial, you can just chance the numbers in the URL bar, and it takes like what, 1 minute to go through? Its really fast.

You do need to do it on PC, but it was super fast. Easiest reroll I've done for anything I'd say. I can just watch a movie while doing it.
Wow, thanks! That doesn't seem too bad at all. I guess I'll begin the process myself, probably over the weekend.

So just to get it straight, I create a gmail account for the game (without the "salt") and then, for re-rolling, add +1/+2/+3/etc. after it when creating my account, and the email/account will still be saved to the primary default one (without the salts)? So, the actual email (for instance) would be GranBlueFuntasy@gmail.com but for account creation I enter "GranBlueFantasy+1@gmail.com" and GranBlueFuntasy+2@gmail.com", etc. each time I re-roll? I didn't even know about this whole "salt" business, that's pretty cool.

I appreciate the link, BTW. I've bookmarked it for future use. I might start during the next Legend fest at the end of the month, just to speed of the process of getting an SSR.

Wow, thanks! That doesn't seem too bad at all. I guess I'll begin the process myself, probably over the weekend.

So just to get it straight, I create a gmail account for the game (without the "salt") and then, for re-rolling, add +1/+2/+3/etc. after it when creating my account, and the email/account will still be saved to the primary default one (without the salts)? So, the actual email (for instance) would be GranBlueFuntasy@gmail.com but for account creation I enter "GranBlueFantasy+1@gmail.com" and GranBlueFuntasy+2@gmail.com", etc. each time I re-roll? I didn't even know about this whole "salt" business, that's pretty cool.

I appreciate the link, BTW. I've bookmarked it for future use. I might start during the next Legend fest at the end of the month, just to speed of the process of getting an SSR.

Make a g-mail account. After that, when you go to sign up for the game, you put the name with a +(whatever you want goes here) numbers are just easier to to use instead of words.

So it'd be like this

Start with:
Yomamasofat@ gmail.com

When you go to sign up for GBF, you'll reroll using something like this:
Yomamasofat+1@ gmail.com
Yomamasofat+2@ gmail.com
If you got bored you could:
Yomamasofat+sheateawholehouse@ gmail.com

But that's a little too much work, as long as it has a +(something here), it'll work out.

All those e-mails and accounts will send all their mail to the base account, so you don't have to worry.

chrono01

Make a g-mail account. After that, when you go to sign up for the game, you put the name with a +(whatever you want goes here) numbers are just easier to to use instead of words.

So it'd be like this

Start with:
Yomamasofat@gmail.com

When you go to sign up for GBF, you'll reroll using something like this:
Yomamasofat+1@gmail.com
Yomamasofat+2@gmail.com
If you got bored you could:
Yomamasofat+sheateawholehouse@gmail.com

But that's a little too much work, as long as it has a +(something here), it'll work out.

All those e-mails and accounts will send all their mail to the base account, so you don't have to worry.
Sounds great, thanks for the confirmation. Will do!

PS - That would definitely be an interesting email address to use, haha.

Rixa

Whoa. Did I just leech SSR weapon from 75 level raid?
GBFLoot4.PNG
1-GBFLoot3.PNG

Azusa

Whoa. Did I just leech SSR weapon from 75 level raid?

Yeah. You do it right. Just a 3-4 month more of leeching and you can make a good magna pool. Not for all elements of course but maybe for 1-2 if you focus all your BP and AP on 1-2 elements.

LMABX4J.png

Rixa

Yeah. You do it right. Just a 3-4 month more of leeching and you can make a good magna pool. Not for all elements of course but maybe for 1-2 if you focus all your BP and AP on 1-2 elements.
Thanks. Here is my party, I have N Summon fodder but I would like to get better SR (or even SSR) before using them. Not sure if that one Panel gives SR summon (or is it unit) could use fodder to that summon (which I think is Wind).
Under what tab are panels located so I could check what I need to do to get that done?

So my party & weapons & summons:
My few pulls (and event unit) meant that Iam aiming to Light & Wind party.
Does it matter in what order my main units are, subs are just SR, dont have other units to put as sub.
Also I think "auto weapon" uses that priest cane cause Iam leveling Priest.

Suggestions?

Thanks. Here is my party, I have N Summon fodder but I would like to get better SR (or even SSR) before using them. Not sure if that one Panel gives SR summon (or is it unit) could use fodder to that summon (which I think is Wind).
Under what tab are panels located so I could check what I need to do to get that done?

So my party & weapons & summons:

My few pulls (and event unit) meant that Iam aiming to Light & Wind party.
Does it matter in what order my main units are, subs are just SR, dont have other units to put as sub.
Also I think "auto weapon" uses that priest cane cause Iam leveling Priest.

Suggestions?

1) There's no real reason to go for a dual element setup at this point I think. For the time being, just pick your strong units and try to take a Grande summon with you.

lKTAKvAh.jpg

This girl

To activate her 100%/200% ATK buff, all you need is a main party consisting of three different elements (they need to be present in the main-party while fighting). Your main character also counts.

2) I always decide my party order on the basis of their Ougi gain. Some characters use some Ougi for abilities so they get the fourth spot while people with a high double attack rate are earlier in line. Makes it so I can chain Ougi's earlier.

3) Just replace it with a rare spear or cane if you get one lol, just for the extra stats.

Rixa

1) There's no real reason to go for a dual element setup at this point I think. For the time being, just pick your strong units and try to take a Grande summon with you.

To activate her 100%/200% ATK buff, all you need is a main party consisting of three different elements (they need to be present in the main-party while fighting). Your main character also counts.
How do I get "Grande Summon", do I need to equip it somehow?
Should I switch that SR light unit to water unit then so it doesnt matter what colour my main unit is.

How do I get "Grande Summon", do I need to equip it somehow?
Should I switch that SR light unit to water unit then so it doesnt matter what colour my main unit is.

Just take it from the guest summon that you get to pick. You'll find her most of the times under the "white/bonus element" tab but sometimes she's also under the light element tab.

Edit:

Summon page Ft. The GAF squad

The Grande with the orange text is fully limit broken and gives a 200% buff, it's very good.

On the second question. Yeah, try to keep your SR light the furthest back. That way, if Catalina happens to die, she'll get replaced by Rackam and you'll keep up the "three different element" requirement.

Rixa

Just take it from the guest summon that you get to pick. You'll find her most of the times under the "white/bonus element" tab but sometimes she's also under the light element tab.

Sec, I'll take a pic.

On the second question. Yeah, try to keep your SR light the furthest back. That way, if Catalina happens to die, she'll get replaced by Rackam and you'll keep up the "three different element" requirement.

Ahh, now I get it. Its the "friend" summon unit. Been using those higher ranked units, but havent tried her at all. Going to test that GS strategy on next fight.

Yaari

I have no idea what I'm doing but its a pretty cool game. (Going to dig through some guides later, just going through stages for now)

When do you guys expect a rate up for the Gacha?

Rixa

I have no idea what I'm doing but its a pretty cool game. (Going to dig through some guides later, just going through stages for now)

When do you guys expect a rate up for the Gacha?

Be sure to use those 5 Battle Points (red orbs) for raids. You might get lucky either from raid chest or like I just did with raid ticket summoning.

Actually got Rainbow Crystal twice in a row (in 10 ticket summons), too bad other time was "just" amber and some sr fodder weapon.
GBFRaidloot2.PNG
GFBRaidloot.PNG
_smaller.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Should I feed my N summon fodder to that SSR crab?

Azusa

Be sure to use those 5 Battle Points (red orbs) for raids. You might get lucky either from raid chest or like I just did with raid ticket summoning.

Actually got Rainbow Crystal twice in a row (in 10 ticket summons), too bad other time was "just" amber and some sr fodder weapon.

Yes. You need this summon. Its not that good overall but for now its a nice stat boost.

When you pull SSR crab from event gatcha you can "reset" the pool. There is a button.
There are 4 pools and reset is only available when you pull SSR.

Rixa

Yes. You need this summon. Its not that good overall but for now its a nice stat boost.

When you pull SSR crab from event gatcha you can "reset" the pool. There is a button.
There are 4 pools and reset is only available when you pull SSR.

Hmm, thanks :).
It took me this long to understand that when playing with Browser I can change the language to English (or to some other language) by clicking left mouse pointer.

Feeling dumb...

Yaari

I tagged into one of those raids and got some SR weapon. That's some progress eh.
The tickets you were talking about, those are the ones you get from a succesful raid? Got some items for doing them apparently.

Rotnems

Neo Member
Those GBF campaign rewards are nice but it seems rather complicated to get all those games running.

It's actually not that hard if you have a mobage account. Especially the daily inlog campaign is worth the setup time, gives you 2 gacha tickets and some pots/crystals every 15 days. only hard part about this one is getting through the tutorials.

Just make sure you are using the phone client instead of the regular Chrome app.

Edit:
Also when you get the gacha tickets wait until legfest to roll, trust me on that one.

kiryogi

Banned

Yes you should. Anything N/R is usually fodder, or anything with a crystal symbol in the corner *AKA angel weapons, is also just fodder.

So here's a spreadsheet I've started from Granblue GAF if folks want to pitch their info in. Hopefully, it'll carry into International release and we'll have Granblue GAF going full steam!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oR5TExDiww7HOGO0WyTlxaSB5uNgQglc-O9UbGHXFog/edit?usp=sharing

Did my entry save?

Anyhow, we probably should co-ordinate to make an OT when the English translation gets closer to release. I'll do it unless someone really wants to make it. Anyone here who already has a witty title?

I will do some rework, but if someone is interested, i opened a OT for Valiant Force:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=194436042#post194436042

GBF players will like the artstyle.

I'll check this game out when I get up tommorow.

ah_hia

Soooo phantom of the kill English version is available in qoo app for android. Anyone trying it? 20 pulls so far with their 10 pulls for increased 5star and still no 5 star

Rixa

I dont know how to see my group in GBF so I did leave it empty.

Granblue Fantasy [OT] Rerolling made easy, Bingo
^^ To get peoples attention to try this game ;).

I played Poker, got some medals, played bingo lost my medals, played poker gained medals back, played bingo lost medals, played poker from 1500 medals to 30k medals.

For me bingo seems to be so random and hrm you get "Choice" number and then next number is same as "Choice" yeah thanks. Am I doing it right, is there anyway to make better success in bingo or just click those numbers balls shown.

aitakute

Even new player reached poker's part. I've been playing for a while now and still haven't reached that part yet. Is it really grindy?

Saprol

I played Poker, got some medals, played bingo lost my medals, played poker gained medals back, played bingo lost medals, played poker from 1500 medals to 30k medals.

For me bingo seems to be so random and hrm you get "Choice" number and then next number is same as "Choice" yeah thanks. Am I doing it right, is there anyway to make better success in bingo or just click those numbers balls shown.
thats all i ever get out of bingo. break even after a session or end up in the hole 200k then go back to poker so i can lose it again. it's garbage but everyone needs that super bingo jackpot

chance ball is always an unpicked space on the board. you can try holding it later when there's a possibility it will complete a row for you rather than grabbing all 3 stars right at the beginning

Top Bottom