• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Err I meant the community/forum.

Rinさとり;195903362 said:

Oh thanks for clarifying, that makes a lot of sense. Anyone has a link to those messages? Would be interested in reading them.

It's reassuring that the translation is actually in the works, would've liked it if CyGames said more about it though. We're getting pretty close to the deadline lol.

Wasnt expecting GBF to get such a disproportionate amount of interest back when I voted not to spin discussion off. It's fine though, I don't think people are avoiding posting about their mobages because of it.

Rixa

Wonder Tactics has double gold hour starting in 30mins time. Same time tomorrow and Sunday. Be ready to grind some gold :p.

Azusa

I have played soccer spirits for 4 days. Again.

Game improved a lot in the last year. More friendly and steam lined but the UI is still slow. Very slow. I cant play like that. I don't want to wait every time I want to change screens from one mode to another. Also com2us decided that android emulators are bad and restricted all their games to phones only. So sad.

While the game feels a bit friendly than it was a year ago still I was a bit lost. Too many waifus with different stats and skills. Very confusing. I have read maybe 5 or 8 guides and started to understand some concepts but there are too many things that tutorial or help menu aren't explain.

It could be a nice game but unpolished and with each iteration they add a new layer of complexity to game. For new players they only add more rewards to catch up faster.

Rixa

I have played soccer spirits for 4 days. Again.

Game improved a lot in the last year. More friendly and steam lined but the UI is still slow. Very slow.

Do matches still take many minutes to end? It was one of the things I didnt like in SS (played about 4 months).

Editing post, dont want to dbl.
Got my first ssr summon from 75lvl MB. Any good?
GBFSSRSumm.PNG

Azusa

Do matches still take many minutes to end? It was one of the things I didnt like in SS (played about 4 months).

This summon works only on his weapons. You need max limit break him and have a decent skilled pool of his weapons.
Read about magna summons and weapons in ultimate guide and weapon guide.

And yes, matches are long but fun.

Kitoro

Non-GBF news:
Breath of Fire 6 (beta) out for Android in jp.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.capcom.bof6.android

Haven't played much yet past tutorial, but gameplay is decent so far.
(if you can get past the BoF name) ;o

Is there even an English translation in the works, or could this pretty much remain forever in Asian territories only until future notice ala Brave Exvius?

I feel as though fewer and fewer quality gacha games make it to the US every quarter.

The 'better' matches in SS were the ones where someone in PvP wasn't using some kind of meta team or trying to run a part of one but still lacked the parts to make it work. Most 'fun' match that I remember, having to deal with Milky Way's action bullshit before they nerfed action bar passives. Started with the ball on Neraizel, she somehow outlasted Silla's ace skill and broke free. That was a little flustering but a bit exciting after I realized I had a chance at beating the combo, somehow.

Welcome to the grind. You'll have many, many, many more summons before you finishing max limit breaking the weapons.

This summon works only on his weapons. You need max limit break him and have a decent skilled pool of his weapons.
Read about magna summons and weapons in ultimate guide and weapon guide.

And yes, matches are long but fun.

I always hoped that SS could bring in the power levels a bit more or added some way of adjusting the AI slightly for PvP. Matches can be fun but powerlevels between a lot of the 5*s, the different elements and even within the legendary players is too much at times. Along with line buffs vastly overpowering solo buffs or even stackable duration-type buffs. I think they're making more progress in cracking the line buff nut by adding more powerful/interesting solo buffs instead of handing everyone a line buffs that stacks with everything.

Is there even an English translation in the works, or could this pretty much remain forever in Asian territories only until future notice ala Brave Exvius?

I feel as though fewer and fewer quality gacha games make it to the US every quarter.
Probably doomed for jp forever.
Too early to say if it's quality though. I've read people getting some network problems.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hard to describe. Slow paced, but you have to dodge attacks.
When you lock an enemy, you always auto-attack it.
It's pretty buggy and floaty at times, probably due to network issues.

Lots of hate for game right now. Launch day for mobages are bad.
Was Seven Knights bad for Japan, it seems to having a lot of success.

so how is the combat?

Have you played FFXIV 2.0 or higher before? In both FFXIV and BoF6, there are AoE ground indicators that show you where the enemy will strike and you're given time to move out before it happens. That's about the most complex fights I've encountered.

Problem is that the AI party members aren't very good at dodging AoEs with you. You can party with other players though. Overall, I think it's a somewhat ambitious battle system for a mobile game, but I've been playing this on an android emulator. I can't imagine playing this on my actual smart phone over a mobile network.

The production value is quite apparent and I think the game is gorgeous... which makes me even sadder that this is a BoF turned into a mobile gacha. :/ Would still like to see an English release though.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Trying to figure out if Alice Order and Grim Notes are fun or not. Anyone else playing?
I couldn't get into Grim because of the combat and controls. Alice order is a simple tactical game, but has great character art, but I burned out on it.

Thanks! so it is like FFXIV. Guess i could give it a try later.

Azusa

I wonder how many months it takes to level a character to 100. That experience table scared me

I have started to levelling him up at the end of SOIYA SOIYA SOIYA event. Managed to grind 10 levels so far. It was faster than I thought. But the last 10 levels...
vTuXvPc.png

Dio

Banned
Is there a good looking one yet? I tried F/GO but I uninstalled it immediately the minute I got into combat and it was one of those shitty awful flash-animated Newgrounds-esque on a PS1 background systems. Every other mobage I look at seems to be spine/flash animated, too.

Normally, I am not a graphics over gameplay kinda guy but if I'm going to be playing a mobage of all things, I want it to at least look good so I can justify playing it.

aitakute

Is there a good looking one yet? I tried F/GO but I uninstalled it immediately the minute I got into combat and it was one of those shitty awful flash-animated Newgrounds-esque on a PS1 background systems. Every other mobage I look at seems to be spine/flash animated, too.

Normally, I am not a graphics over gameplay kinda guy but if I'm going to be playing a mobage of all things, I want it to at least look good so I can justify playing it.

Do you prefer 2D or 3D? If 2D then Granblue Fantasy is one of the best out there

I have started to levelling him up at the end of SOIYA SOIYA SOIYA event. Managed to grind 10 levels so far. It was faster than I thought. But the last 10 levels...

first 90 levels are nothing compared to last 10...

Half way point is like ~96 I believe. It's like getting to level 200 in PSO1 all over again.

Just hit rank 30 and got Bell. Are you still playing SS?

Nah, I'm on a break right now, if you can call it that.
Out of space to play it
. Had mostly Whirlwind units, finally got a Magnus to beef up my crappy ass backline so I was farming the stuff for that before I stopped playing. Gacha kind of also burned me out.

Azusa

Nah, I'm on a break right now, if you can call it that.
Out of space to play it
. Had mostly Whirlwind units, finally got a Magnus to beef up my crappy ass backline so I was farming the stuff for that before I stopped playing. Gacha kind of also burned me out.

Any hints on basic team building?

Any hints on basic team building? Like how many defenders or leaders do I need.

You need a striker to win matches. It's recommended to build a team around a striker. If you didn't start with one, you'll have to invest GP into getting one from the scout.

Littres, +'s and scout priority is: One Striker >> One GK ≥ One Passer > The rest.
Depends on your type of striker you'll want to shift your priorities from GK to passer.

Strikers, for the most part, land into two different camps: One-shot and Utility. One-shot types use crit and high attack power to hopefully one-shot a goalkeeper. They will generally want an assist that grants extra damage and critical. Some examples are: Beatrice, Sharr, William. Utility will require more shots to kill but implore some kind of other way to kill or recover the ball, like action bar manipulation or weakening enemy defenses over time. Examples are: Ravian and Kirin.

Once you get a good striker, you'll need some way of not losing the game, so get some kind of goalkeeper to take a few hits. They're a pain in the ass to find thanks to the healing nerf a year ago invalidating a lot of goalies in PvP. Still, anything is better then nothing, so pick one of those up, even if you need to use an off color or a defender that doesn't specialize in goalie. They just need to not die in one shot.

After that it's a passer/assist to help your striker in some way, passive line buffs for example or in the case of one-shot strikers, a lot of extra crit/attack power to overpower the defenders. A good passer should be able to keep up with your striker's speed for PvP(I'm not one to talk since my passer is very slow and Beatrice is extremely quick). Pass skill/passives should support the striker's playstyle.

After that, some kind of totem, which is basically a character that supports the rest of the line with buffs/debuffs of some kind. Yuri is the best definition of that with 3 different stacking line buffs. A totem doesn't have a specific typing, it's just some kind of character to bring some kind of killer buffs to your striker/team to help them do their job. Some examples are:

-Yuri(Attacker), with extra damage, pass, HP and crit resist for all her allies in the same position.

-Nerua(Defender), with her damage resist and extra hp made any back line super tanky. She was nerfed a lot for off color teams, so she isn't as good to splash anymore but still alright if needed.

-Kevin(Leader), helps your line act faster, enemy slow, damage resist and weakening auras. Can easily allow your line to take a lot of additional actions before the enemy gets one turn.

A lot of times, if you lack a good CM/mid field, you'll just have to give up winning the ball after the kick off. Instead, beef up your backline to take some hits with line buffed of whatever you can muster. Long passes are really nice to use early game and PvE to ignore the middle line all together, as you can focus on a beefer back to take a shot and delivering it to the frontline so you can work your magic.

A few other things because I could talk your ear off all day with stuff, so I gotta end it somewhere:

-Having too many leaders leads to never being able to push past. If you lack a long passer/forward passer, you'll just never move forward.

-Having a least one attacker in mid on the sides to punch a hole in their formation is good. The CM position could be guarded by 2 people and having to 2v1 is a bad idea, as both will have a chance at stealing the ball instead of a 1v1.

-Have a striker on the side. If the other side places their extra player in the back, your striker will have to split their damage 3 ways. On the side it will always be 2 and never more. Most strikers like to be placed on the side anyway. You also have the benefit of having one enemy unable to act on the striker, as they'll be too far to block or steal from, making them waste their action.

-Don't worry about the bonuses they get from placement, that's just a nice thing to have. Line buffs/passive/synergy should take priority.

As much as I'd like to keep talking as I said above, I need to cut it off somewhere but you can always check out /ssg/, the SS sub-reddit or the Wikia, those were the most active places if you need some information.

Azusa

This is very helpful. Thanks. I have read some /ssg/ recommended guides but couldn't understand the basic team building as they never tried to explain it.

This is very helpful. Thanks. I have read some /ssg/ recommended guides but couldn't understand the basic team building as they never tried to explain it.

You're welcome. A lot of this stuff took a few months of lurking to get a hold of so it's understandable to be really confused with all the stuff they've added over the year.

If you see Silla, you should scout her if possible. She is, by far, the worst thing best thing to happen to PvP. So good, it's still the best team in PvP. Bigball really needs to stop overbuffing legends and stuff like that and balance the game Bigball is great.

MiTYH

I played that soccer game on and off for about a month. Whenever I'm just logging in for bonuses, it's time to cut the cord. It looked fun, and there was a lot to it, just didn't click with me somehow

kiryogi

Banned
Kiss of Death! Finally got Catherine alongside with De la Fille and Carmelina. . .and every other new char in this gacha pool.

She's definitely on the solo/gimmick side. But yay Chiaki Takahashi.

Kiss of Death! Finally got Catherine alongside with De la Fille and Carmelina. . .and every other new char in this gacha pool.

She's definitely on the solo/gimmick side. But yay Chiaki Takahashi.
Catherine's evolved art is awesome.

And wtf. You'll get every SSR before surprise tickets. o.o

aitakute

Just curious but how much money did you spend on those? I have 40k mobacoin left but I don't want to spend it all on non-legfest

aitakute

All I will say is I have 31 SSR characters right now and I am not the luckiest person during certain pools lol D:

Then why doing gacha in non legfest? The rates are terrible after all. I've spent like 40k and only have 15 characters. It must be much worse for you

kiryogi

Banned
Then why doing gacha in non legfest? The rates are terrible after all. I've spent like 40k and only have 15 characters. It must be much worse for you

Slightly better chance to get the featured char if it's an SSR etc. etc. I mean in the end, I really do clean out and get every new char per pool so far. XD

Rixa

You're welcome. A lot of this stuff took a few months of lurking to get a hold of so it's understandable to be really confused with all the stuff they've added over the year.

If you see Silla, you should scout her if possible. She is, by far, the worst thing best thing to happen to PvP. So good, it's still the best team in PvP. Bigball really needs to stop overbuffing legends and stuff like that and balance the game Bigball is great.

Silla is still the queen of the fields? I mean she was my leader back in the days. I guess I could dl SS and see if my account is still there.

Edit:
Hah, my account was still there in Hive. So I guess I could login ddaily to grab some rewards. ST amount is nice after 6 months still those 172 also enough GP to scout something useful.

Silla is still the queen of the fields? I mean she was my leader back in the days. I guess I could dl SS and see if my account is still there.

She is one of the best solutions to the whole William problem right now in PvP so it makes sense she is all over it.

Azusa

So much has changed during these ~260 days since I was active last time.

Is it ok to max level these MB SSR and use them eventho they need LB and so on?
Or are they bad?

Endgame summons. MAX LB them and farm their respective SSR and SR weapons (+attack only. HP useful only for skillups). Focus on 1-2 element as you need to build a pool of weapons for them to work.

Top Bottom