• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Rixa

Endgame summons. MAX LB them and farm their respective SSR and SR weapons (+attack only. HP useful only for skillups). Focus on 1-2 element as you need to build a pool of weapons for them to work.

Ok so:
Keep them, lb them when you get more of them. Grab MB weapons (if you can) lb those weapons, play & plan future same time. Enjoy the game, good thing is that this plays in Browser, I can play something else with phone same time.

Azusa

Ok so:
Keep them, lb them when you get more of them. Grab MB weapons (if you can) lb those weapons, play & plan future same time. Enjoy the game, good thing is that this plays in Browser, I can play something else with phone same time.

Refer to this guide: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/595/#7
It lists all different weapon combination and summons you can use together.

Its hard to play other mobages during GuildWar of great event grind. Now I'm actively stalking twitter for bahamut summons and spam tiamat/colossus magnas.
I'm glad that I can script Seven Knights and occasionally check progress and resolve overflowing box with fodder/items.

EDIT: Dat chapter 50 boss~
gh73r5F.png

aitakute

Isn't that Rosetta?
Anyway, how high your damage per hit need to be to be considered decent?
Also about Bahamut. I keep fighting it but the horn won't drop. I'm tired of those rusty weapons

Yaari

Thanks. Wonder if I can set up a notice or something so that I'll get a notification if a tweet is posted with that text.

garath

Hmm. Soccer spirits is actually pretty fun. I don't have a 5* striker unfortunately. Actually I don't even have a 4* one either. But outside of that it's going pretty well. All the rewards they are throwing at us right now means I'll get another 10+1 pull or two. Hoping for that striker.

Azusa

Hmm. Soccer spirits is actually pretty fun. I don't have a 5* striker unfortunately. Actually I don't even have a 4* one either. But outside of that it's going pretty well. All the rewards they are throwing at us right now means I'll get another 10+1 pull or two. Hoping for that striker.

I'm using an attacker instead of striker. It will be fine for a while I think. At least I can clear quests, a bit CoD and PvP. I saw a striker in scout but it was Kirin and every guide don't recommend him.

garath

I'm using an attacker instead of striker. It will be fine for a while I think. I least I can clear quests, a bit CoD and PvP. I saw a striker in scout but it was Kirin and every guide don't recommend him.

Nice. Good to hear. I have a 5* attacker. Milky way. She has a strong buff. I'm still nowhere close to knowing fully what's going on but still enjoying it.

I might give it a shot (lol) too, if you are all playing it.

Now seems to be a great time to start. There's a reward system in place for new players that should net a bunch of strong characters.

Rixa

Nice. Good to hear. I have a 5* attacker.Milky way. She has a strong buff. I'm still nowhere close to knowing fully what's going on but still enjoying it. Now seems to be a great time to start. There's a reward system in place for new players that should net a bunch of strong characters.

Milky Way the unit that was one of the best units in the Soccer Spirits before she was nerfed. If you need friends in ss, toss me a fr: Rixxado.
Not sure how much I play SS but log in daily atleast :).

garath

Milky Way the unit that was one of the best units in the Soccer Spirits before she was nerfed. If you need friends in ss, toss me a fr: Rixxado.
Not sure how much I play SS but log in daily atleast :).

Aw. Well hopefully she's still good even after the nerf. She's my forward center right now.

I friend invited you and azusa :)

My 5* units so far:
Niarose - assist
Milky way - attacker
Leah - defender

I think it's a good start. Without knowing much about tier lists at least.

muu

First time you start multiplayer Bahamut yourself you are guaranteed a horn drop. Have a maxed knife and/or sword ready and use it on that.

kiryogi

Banned
First time you start multiplayer Bahamut yourself you are guaranteed a horn drop. Have a maxed knife and/or sword ready and use it on that.

Oh yeah I know... That's rank 80 though. XD I got a maxed rusted dagger just waiting for it. But so far it's been nothing but gold certs.

garath

Ugh. Just tried to look into the Reddit for soccer spirits to read some discussions and the moderators have created what is possibly the least friendly format I've seen in an gaming subreddit. They have daily "discuss all" topics for pretty much any normal discussions about the game. Anything else is deleted. So the whole subreddit simply just has one or two threads a day. It's really obnoxious to read and participate in.

Ugh. Just tried to look into the Reddit for soccer spirits to read some discussions and the moderators have created what is possibly the least friendly format I've seen in an gaming subreddit. They have daily "discuss all" topics for pretty much any normal discussions about the game. Anything else is deleted. So the whole subreddit simply just has one or two threads a day. It's really obnoxious to read and participate in.

If they don't push all the questions in one thread the whole subreddit would just be flooded with questions like "Should I reroll X" or "What party do I create with these units". Better to just create one thread where everyone can post their questions, seems like it works as almost everything got an answer when I looked.

I mean, isn't a daily questions thread basically the same format as a forum like GAF or /mbgg/?

Two of these websites are designed to handle megathread style discussion.

I don't know what this is supposed to be saying? Either way, a stickied Reddit thread works fine as well IMO. Even better if you'd ask me.

If they don't push all the questions in one thread the whole subreddit would just be flooded with questions like "Should I reroll X" or "What party do I create with these units". Better to just create one thread where everyone can post their questions, seems like it works as almost everything got an answer when I looked.

I mean, isn't a daily questions thread basically the same format as a forum like GAF or /mbgg/?

garath

Yeah. The weighting and reply style of Reddit really doesn't lend itself to that style of interaction. Reddit by its very nature is strongly topic based and isn't designed to support that type of free form discussion.

Maybe there's a way to reformat it in the user settings but I dunno.

Just seems like a silly way to run a subreddit with less than 3k subs. It's practically barren except for these single daily topics. Maybe split it into some "help me with my team" discussions, "newbie questions" discussions and then let the rest roam free.

Aw. Well hopefully she's still good even after the nerf. She's my forward center right now.

I friend invited you and azusa :)

My 5* units so far:
Niarose - assist
Milky way - attacker
Leah - defender

I think it's a good start. Without knowing much about tier lists at least.
That's alright for now. You really need a striker to help you win matches faster. Isn't Milky way a leader?

Yeah. The weighting and reply style of Reddit really doesn't lend itself to that style of interaction. Reddit by its very nature is strongly topic based and isn't designed to support that type of free form discussion.

Maybe there's a way to reformat it in the user settings but I dunno.

Just seems like a silly way to run a subreddit with less than 3k subs. It's practically barren except for these single daily topics. Maybe split it into some "help me with my team" discussions, "newbie questions" discussions and then let the rest roam free.

I remember it being more spread out for the most part in the past. This changed when the game's move to a patch every other week slowed discussion a lot, so I believe they decided to herd everyone into a few mega topics for the common discussions, them being players and team building.

BJK

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11RMvD6xd75qxETbPEnvwhedzUps-jEzXYChOQVLgjFU/mobilebasic?pli=1

That's one of the most user-friendly starters guides for Soccer Spirits that I came across; certainly helped me get started about a month ago during the closing of CC Global. Didn't reroll for a 5*, but got a GK for my day 2 reward, and a legendary striker of the same type. Add in an early dual-type ace early on, and the game continuing to give me mainly 5*s of that second type, and I've been able to build a competent squad.

William - Jeunese - Hyun
Yuri - Niarose (Ace) - Lilith
Tyler - Lucifer - Verister
Lucian

Could use Nari or another assist upfront, but I'm otherwise happy building an ardor-hybrid squad. Not sold on the second type being dark, but they at least fill out the lineup fairly well.

Edit: left out my player-name in SS (Freemium). Will start adding active GAFers as spots open up on my friend list.

garath

That's alright for now. You really need a striker to help you win matches faster. Isn't Milky way a leader?

Doh, you're right. Milky Way is a leader.

Definitely be looking for a striker. I just crossed another 300 crystals so I guess I'll do another 10+1 pull. And in a few days I'll have another 300 from the new player rewards. So 22 potential draws with at least 1 5* almost guaranteed (not sure how close I'll be to the guaranteed one)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11RMvD6xd75qxETbPEnvwhedzUps-jEzXYChOQVLgjFU/mobilebasic?pli=1

That's one of the most user-friendly starters guides for Soccer Spirits that I came across; certainly helped me get started about a month ago during the closing of CC Global. Didn't reroll for a 5*, but got a GK for my day 2 reward, and a legendary striker of the same type. Add in an early dual-type ace early on, and the game continuing to give me mainly 5*s of that second type, and I've been able to build a competent squad.

William - Jeunese - Hyun
Yuri - Niarose (Ace) - Lilith
Tyler - Lucifer - Verister
Lucian

Could use Nari or another assist upfront, but I'm otherwise happy building an ardor-hybrid squad. Not sold on the second type being dark, but they at least fill out the lineup fairly well.

Edit: left out my player-name in SS (Freemium). Will start adding active GAFers as spots open up on my friend list.

Thanks! Good link. Lots to absorb.

My IGN is garathk. I'll happily accept any GAF friends :)

Damn. Looks like all my 5* units are B tier except Milky Way. Hope I get some better from these pulls.

How lucky! I wonder if I need to get the first horn from summoning for the horn to start dropping? I've been fighting him for a long time but not a single horn yet

Nope. If you can see my Baha weapons are stat lowered cause I'm not level 80. I can't even summon one myself.

kiryogi

Banned
So, how much damages increased?
I hear it's still substantial. I mean at base, it's 30% increase via the skill if you did meet the rank requirements. That's why I'm wanting just one horn so badly. The increase would be fantastic for my human chars.

Also tweetdeck is hard. Have to be so fast, I haven't gotten into a single one yet via tweetdeck.

Yaari

Is mine working correctly, apparently none have been on there for an hour? I was hoping it would come around more often haha.

kiryogi

Banned
So Tweetdeck users, how do you do it? Do you have a seperate column for the search? I tried that once but it never updated D: So I just check on occasion hoping for something.

Rixa

That'll be your life from now on. I easily hit the 44-pull freebie 5* three times so far. The 'new' gacha is a pain in the ass.

How new that gacha system is. Cause I remember last year when SS had this situation about pull rates being not what they advertised (last August I think). We got shitton of Crystals back and I made 4 x 10+1 and didnt get single 5* only the mileage one :p. Before that I had very good personal pull rate for 5* units.

How new that gacha system is. Cause I remember last year when SS had this situation about pull rates being not what they advertised (last August I think). We got shitton of Crystals back and I made 4 x 10+1 and didnt get single 5* only the mileage one :p. Before that I had very good personal pull rate for 5* units.

They use to have tabs for each element, it made making mono teams a lot easier before then it is now. You lost like 1% to pull a 5* over the all element tab but seeing as how it narrowed your chances to just that element, it was worth it.

Another aspect that was changed was how the free 5* works. Before it was after about 41-42 units pulls on the gacha, you'd get a free 5* as an added bonus just because. Now, if you don't get any 5* in 44 pulls, you'll be given a free 5*. If at any point you get a 5*, the pity meter resets back to zero, no matter how close you were to filling it up. They also lowered the rates a tad if I'm remember correctly.

Then they revealed that season 2 characters were gacha only.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say that some of the gacha changes have helped lead into the current PvP problems.

Edit:
Oh and that was like, 8 months ago? Maybe a little bit longer.

Top Bottom