• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

casiopao

I'm not sure if anyone here plays Rune Story or not, but it looks like they might be closing the servers. There are a lot of strange activities going on in-game right now.

The first, are the rewards for the ongoing Conquest. Normally, you get a handful of gems, a few runes, maybe a rusted Memorial Sword, and that's about it. That's how it's listed on their forums and everything. However, this Conquest is giving out a copy of every currently-available gatcha weapon for free (normally you spend gems for a chance to get even one), as well as thousands of gems (yes, I said thousands, the reward for 9,000 Conquest points, which only took me a round an hour or so, was 5000 gems. Before I started grinding points, I was at just under 1000 gems (was saving for a while) and now I'm at over 10k gems, and I pulled on the current gatcha a couple times which gave me all of the currently-available characters (including Charlotte). This is literally thousands of dollars worth of free items, and it doesn't take long to obtain either (by farming the event map on the highest difficulty, which still isn't hard).

The second strange thing, is their lack of communication. It's been five days since any last real reply from them, and people are trying their best to get in-contact with them (emails, forums, social media, etc.). According to their login activity, they were actually signed in a day or so ago on their official forums, but they never made a reply. When they're lurking on their own forum, with people asking for an update on the situation and why the game is giving out so many nice/free items, it's kind of telling.

At least, with Chain Chronicle, when they shut down the servers, they told us what they were doing and then unveiled all of the "closing down" events (1AP quests, discounts on summons, etc. Here, Colopl is saying anything, and it make matters worse, you can still spend money to buy gems. :/

I'm not saying for sure if they're closing their servers or not. They did just release a new event, and talked about upcoming ones, but then that doesn't mean they necessarily have to abide by that. Regardless, it's the weekend, so if I don't hear something by tomorrow or Tuesday (at the latest), I'm guessing the game is officially dead.

It's a shame, I finally got my first Dragon Rider. Granted, I didn't play the game much at all lately (just logging in for daily rewards), but I know a lot of people did so it's sad to see the game end (if that's indeed what's happening).

If they are really closing, then it is a disgusting practice there. And again it shows how difficult for a japanese designed mobile game to succeed outside of Japan and makes me less hopeful for Hortensia SEA to be able to stay alive.T_T

ReaperXL7

Looks like Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag is coming to the west!

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/sword-art-online-memory-defrag-coming-west

EDIT: US and Canada only it seems.

This is great news in my opinion as I've had a lot of fun with the Japanese version but there are things about it that make me more interested to play it in english not the least of which being the Co-Op. The other bonus is that Namco seems pretty good about supporting the English versions of their mobile games so far.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I love SAO but I don't think I can take any more mobile games atm. Naruto and Dokkan are fulfilling my gacha needs.

Krorg

I'm not sure if anyone here plays Rune Story or not, but it looks like they might be closing the servers. There are a lot of strange activities going on in-game right now.

The first, are the rewards for the ongoing Conquest. Normally, you get a handful of gems, a few runes, maybe a rusted Memorial Sword, and that's about it. That's how it's listed on their forums and everything. However, this Conquest is giving out a copy of every currently-available gatcha weapon for free (normally you spend gems for a chance to get even one), as well as thousands of gems (yes, I said thousands, the reward for 9,000 Conquest points, which only took me a round an hour or so, was 5000 gems. Before I started grinding points, I was at just under 1000 gems (was saving for a while) and now I'm at over 10k gems, and I pulled on the current gatcha a couple times which gave me all of the currently-available characters (including Charlotte). This is literally thousands of dollars worth of free items, and it doesn't take long to obtain either (by farming the event map on the highest difficulty, which still isn't hard).

The second strange thing, is their lack of communication. It's been five days since any last real reply from them, and people are trying their best to get in-contact with them (emails, forums, social media, etc.). According to their login activity, they were actually signed in a day or so ago on their official forums, but they never made a reply. When they're lurking on their own forum, with people asking for an update on the situation and why the game is giving out so many nice/free items, it's kind of telling.

At least, with Chain Chronicle, when they shut down the servers, they told us what they were doing and then unveiled all of the "closing down" events (1AP quests, discounts on summons, etc. Here, Colopl is saying anything, and it make matters worse, you can still spend money to buy gems. :/

I'm not saying for sure if they're closing their servers or not. They did just release a new event, and talked about upcoming ones, but then that doesn't mean they necessarily have to abide by that. Regardless, it's the weekend, so if I don't hear something by tomorrow or Tuesday (at the latest), I'm guessing the game is officially dead.

It's a shame, I finally got my first Dragon Rider. Granted, I didn't play the game much at all lately (just logging in for daily rewards), but I know a lot of people did so it's sad to see the game end (if that's indeed what's happening).
It's probably better to play Shironeko Project instead and put up with the language difference. I tried Rune Story for a couple of days and it was so far behind the original it wasn't worth switching.

chrono01

If they are really closing, then it is a disgusting practice there. And again it shows how difficult for a japanese designed mobile game to succeed outside of Japan and makes me less hopeful for Hortensia SEA to be able to stay alive.T_T
Yeah, there's a lot of confusion right now.

Apparently, if you do go to purchase gems, the order goes through but you're not charged for them. I'm not brave enough to test it, just something I read on the official forums. In addition, they released Nightmare Mode tonight, for the Waiiha Island event, so there's still at least adding stuff to the game. Still zero response from them directly, and after them essentially giving out 10,000 free gems to people who spent the time to grind Conquest (easy to do), along with the all of the motif weapons for the gatcha characters, it'll be surprising to see them continue supporting the game. Those 10,000 gems can go a long way, with the upcoming several gatcha banners...

I'm guessing it'll be like Chain Chronicle, where they'll add a few things here and there, and then just stop supporting it completely. It wouldn't be so upsetting...if they just confirmed it. Their utter silence on the matter is what's really frustrating, although maybe we could perceive that as a positive and they're doing everything they can to salvage the game before officially closing the servers?

The current gatcha characters leave at the end of the week, and we're supposed to receive new ones at that time. I guess we'll see what happens then.

It's probably better to play Shironeko Project instead and put up with the language difference. I tried Rune Story for a couple of days and it was so far behind the original it wasn't worth switching.
I was tempted, but I kind of wanted a "fresh start" on the Global version, since I didn't want to miss out on events/exclusive characters, not to mention the story for the characters. If I had known that the story aspect would be as butchered as it was, I probably would have made a different decision. :(

It's too late for me to re-start now. Should the Global version go under (which I expect it will), I'll just move on. As mentioned, I didn't play the game a lot to begin with, but it is disappointing to see me receive new characters from the gatcha and not be able to make the full use out of them. I've been wanting a nice Dragon Rider since their original release, and only now managed to pull my first. :(

Azusa

Its been almost a year (or more?) but I'm still waiting for Valiant Force release. I cant say if its any good.

Release soon...
JrUAVwz.png

Some interesting info. I hope f2p friendliness is true.
nfmWeYA.png

s6evuoB.png

Its been almost a year (or more?) but I'm still waiting for Valiant Force release. I cant say if its any good.

Some interesting info. I hope f2p friendliness is true.
You can pretty much download the CBT apk now and play it.
I don't think they reset data.

And no, it's not super f2p friendly. Chinese game.

Kitoro

iRIUM just launched on Android a few days ago.

It's a rhythm-based gacha game, but the gameplay is a bit too simple and lacking in flow due to the pauses between measures for attacks. Still, it's a fresh and clean game that's nicely put together and has pretty fair gacha. I've been playing it throughout the day and am enjoying it for what it is.

Give it a shot if you're interested, everyone; just don't try and make sense of the poorly translated story! :p

casiopao

Yeah, there's a lot of confusion right now.

Apparently, if you do go to purchase gems, the order goes through but you're not charged for them. I'm not brave enough to test it, just something I read on the official forums. In addition, they released Nightmare Mode tonight, for the Waiiha Island event, so there's still at least adding stuff to the game. Still zero response from them directly, and after them essentially giving out 10,000 free gems to people who spent the time to grind Conquest (easy to do), along with the all of the motif weapons for the gatcha characters, it'll be surprising to see them continue supporting the game. Those 10,000 gems can go a long way, with the upcoming several gatcha banners...

I'm guessing it'll be like Chain Chronicle, where they'll add a few things here and there, and then just stop supporting it completely. It wouldn't be so upsetting...if they just confirmed it. Their utter silence on the matter is what's really frustrating, although maybe we could perceive that as a positive and they're doing everything they can to salvage the game before officially closing the servers?

The current gatcha characters leave at the end of the week, and we're supposed to receive new ones at that time. I guess we'll see what happens then.

I was tempted, but I kind of wanted a "fresh start" on the Global version, since I didn't want to miss out on events/exclusive characters, not to mention the story for the characters. If I had known that the story aspect would be as butchered as it was, I probably would have made a different decision. :(

It's too late for me to re-start now. Should the Global version go under (which I expect it will), I'll just move on. As mentioned, I didn't play the game a lot to begin with, but it is disappointing to see me receive new characters from the gatcha and not be able to make the full use out of them. I've been wanting a nice Dragon Rider since their original release, and only now managed to pull my first. :(

I remember playing Shironeko for like 2 months in Japan server and end up abandoning the game lol as i only can play one gacha game as more than that, i am taking a lot of my other platform gaming time which is why i only played Hortensia.

I had been wanting ot play Grandblue like forever tx to the collab with Idolmaster lol. but man, the menu is kinda scaring me here.T_T

Princess Maker Mobile is kinda fun too play though. I u want, u should check it out.^_^

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Been futzing around in Monster Super League. Not bad as far as Pokemon clones go. The game seems to rain rewards compared to a lot of other games with a stamina system and the like.

Man, I wish more people were playing Wander Crown, but I guess it can't be helped without an EN localisation out. Great art, very different from games like Granblue Fantasy (don't get me wrong I love the art in GBF, I mean come on it has its own art-books), more "anime" I guess, but colourful, refreshing. Also, there's a swordfish head butler. Swordfish. Head. Butler. Voiced by everyone's favourite, Norio Wakamoto! (the old chap is still doing voice acting at 70, is that awesome or what).

Battle gameplay looked interesting for a gacha game, at the very least buffs and debuffs did actually seem to have an impact in battle, and it seems like it's ok to make up your team with units from different elements and still be effective unlike Granblue where having one colour across the board is essential unless you run with a specific set of summon+weapon pool. There's a combo attack system for certain units for extra damage, for example the swordfish butler can let another unit ride on top of him for a combo attack called "Riding the Waves" (my crap translation).

Speaking of which, I didn't see a weapon pool system so that does remove quite a bit of grinding from my perspective. Still a lot of grinding of course to gather the loot required to upgrade units, but I'll take what I can.
Things you can upgrade and will need to grind through: individual unit skills (requires loot), units themselves (gets an additional star, art changes, requires loot), unit level-ups can be skipped through by spending in-game currency, character-focused story quests will increase a unit's parameters, and you loot crystals in battle that you can set onto characters to further increase parameters. These can be set and removed at will. You can also feed dupes of a unit to the same unit for a kind of "limit break", I could be wrong but I think it boosts parameter increase on level up.

If it wasn't mentioned before, for the time being the game gives you an official unlimited unit reroll right after the tutorial, you can KEEP REROLLING one unit as much as you want out of the entire available unit pool until you get one you like. You also get a free ten roll but I guess that's par for the course for most gacha games these days.

At least in Germany it's available on the Google Play Store without mucking about with store regions or QooApp.

ReaperXL7

iRIUM just launched on Android a few days ago.

It's a rhythm-based gacha game, but the gameplay is a bit too simple and lacking in flow due to the pauses between measures for attacks. Still, it's a fresh and clean game that's nicely put together and has pretty fair gacha. I've been playing it throughout the day and am enjoying it for what it is.

Give it a shot if you're interested, everyone; just don't try and make sense of the poorly translated story! :p

I actually just picked this up on the Japanese iOS App Store and to my surprise it's in full English already, it's pretty simple Rythm gameplay wrapped in a Gacha RPG but I quite like it so far

gd187351_-8.jpg

The screenshot is not but the version in the Japanese iOS store is in English.

Thought this was pretty funny

Yado

Been futzing around in Monster Super League. Not bad as far as Pokemon clones go. The game seems to rain rewards compared to a lot of other games with a stamina system and the like.

Yah, been playing this for a couple days and I like it so far.

Gave up on the Naruto game, it felt like a very hollow experience.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Valkyrie Connect is available in English for NA and Australia.

ios
Android

Cute game.
Gameplay is a bit too much auto-battle though, but the multiplay "connect" thing is fun.
Goddamit Ateam, give me SanSuma in English... though with Monster Strike not killing it in the West, it's best they not pursue it.

I recently started Monster Strike JP since it was the 3 year anniv and it was like ayyyy lmao, all these recent additions to SanSuma were already in MonStrike; there are still plenty of unique things to SanSuma though. However, goddamn, the physics and trajectory of rebounding shots that connect with enemies is such shit tier in comparison to SanSuma.

ReaperXL7

Valkyrie Connect is available in English for NA and Australia.

ios
Android

Cute game.
Gameplay is a bit too much auto-battle though, but the multiplay "connect" thing is fun.

I'll have to check this out, I like Unison League a lot which is also from A team and they support it quite a bit which is great. Any info on rerolling?

A game that I've been playing a lot of is a game called Orbit Legends

http://www.moregeek.com/en-orbit-legends

It's similar to rune story in some ways but it had a really fun take on pvp where you build up these islands and fortify them with monsters and traps in between normal quests and missions. They are also really generous with 5* monsters and a pretty constant sense of reward for playing.

HawthorneKitty

I'll have to check this out, I like Unison League a lot which is also from A team and they support it quite a bit which is great. Any info on rerolling?

A game that I've been playing a lot of is a game called Orbit Legends

http://www.moregeek.com/en-orbit-legends

It's similar to rune story in some ways but it had a really fun take on pvp where you build up these islands and fortify them with monsters and traps in between normal quests and missions. They are also really generous with 5* monsters and a pretty constant sense of reward for playing.
I'd try to get Thor if you plan to play it, I play JP and his paralysis is infinitely useful.

I've just discovered Gundam Battle Station, developed by Bandai Korea. It's like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes with Gundam skin. An English release is impossible though, most probably. Apparently, there's also a Thailand version. If only they go a little bit further to the south and reach Singapore, it'll have an English version.

chrono01

I'm going for Freya, 'cause waifu. Also, she's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro.

I just got a ten-pull with Loki, Fei Leng, and Gunslinger Wolfgang. Three 3* in my first ten-pull...

BUT I WANT FREYA!

Edit:

So I re-rolled. I got Freya in the tutorial three-person summon and Heimdall/Queen Hel in my 1500 gem multi-pull, as well as a 3* Ring (Ring of Niflung - HP 5% up to self with constant effect). I know you get Queen Hel for free from the story, but at least I'll be able to Promote her?

Anyway, I think I'm done with my account. I got a tank (Heimdall) and that super-amazing waifu/Freya.

Dandte

I'm going for Freya, 'cause waifu. Also, she's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro.

I just got a ten-pull with Loki, Fei Leng, and Gunslinger Wolfgang. Three 3* in my first ten-pull...

BUT I WANT FREYA!

Edit:

So I re-rolled. I got Freya in the tutorial three-person summon and Heimdall/Queen Hel in my 1500 gem multi-pull, as well as a 3* Ring (Ring of Niflung - HP 5% up to self with constant effect). I know you get Queen Hel for free from the story, but at least I'll be able to Promote her?

Anyway, I think I'm done with my account. I got a tank (Heimdall) and that super-amazing waifu/Freya.

Downloaded the game. Looks like fun. Should i reroll for Freya? Or is there something like a tier list?

Ok, found the Tier List. http://altema.jp/valkyrieconnect/chara/12

Edit: Something seems fishy. Three rerolls 3x 3* Wolfguy
Edit 2: 20 rerolls 12 3* 12 wolfguy
Edit 3: Meh..looks like i can only get wolf guy from initial pull. ten multi gave me a freya plus my free pull gave me the martial arts chick. looks like i'm set :D

chrono01

Downloaded the game. Looks like fun. Should i reroll for Freya? Or is there something like a tier list?

Ok, found the Tier List. http://altema.jp/valkyrieconnect/chara/12

Edit: Something seems fishy. Three rerolls 3x 3* Wolfguy
Edit 2: 20 rerolls 12 3* 12 wolfguy
Edit 3: Meh..looks like i can only get wolf guy from initial pull. ten multi gave me a freya plus my free pull gave me the martial arts chick. looks like i'm set :D
Congrats!

Yeah, the game is really strange with giving out the same characters. When I re-rolled, as mentioned I got Freya in my tutorial pull, and then my first multi have me Hel (which I wasn't happy about, since you get her for free for completing the story). My second multi, for the guaranteed 3*, gave me another Freya. I did get enough Heimdall to promote him to 3*, so there's that. I'll do the final beginner summon, for the 3* gear, and then save. I just hope I get some other 4* characters soon.

The game seems really generous early on, with giving out gems, but I'm sure that'll slow down soon.

Dandte

Congrats!

Yeah, the game is really strange with giving out the same characters. When I re-rolled, as mentioned I got Freya in my tutorial pull, and then my first multi have me Hel (which I wasn't happy about, since you get her for free for completing the story). My second multi, for the guaranteed 3*, gave me another Freya. I did get enough Heimdall to promote him to 3*, so there's that. I'll do the final beginner summon, for the 3* gear, and then save. I just hope I get some other 4* characters soon.

The game seems really generous early on, with giving out gems, but I'm sure that'll slow down soon.

Yikes...my second 10 pull waa horrific.

Heimdall
Heimdall
6 Weapons
2* Dupe
Hel :-/

chrono01

Yikes...my second 10 pull waa horrific.

Heimdall
Heimdall
6 Weapons
2* Dupe
Hel :-/
Heimdall is amazing. 95/100 on Altema, he's a God. Duplicates of him are nice, since you can Promote him further for increased stats. Sorry about the Hel dupe, though. She's great too (85/100), but I know how it feels to get another of her in-exchange for a new character. :(

I did my final beginner summon, and got two more 3* with it (Loki and Momiji). I'm happy. I also got another Heimdall, as well as 3* bracelet (the guaranteed one) that increases MATK by 239 and MDEF by 239, as well as provides an additional 10% MATK/MDEF up to self for two turns. It's perfect for Freya.

Sorry about your luck, though. My second multi was horrible too, maybe you'll get lucky with your third? At least they give a free premium pull every few days, which is nice to see.

ReaperXL7

At this point I have

Freya
Hel (almost at 4*)
Cannon
Fu fei Lang
And I'm using Sonia (the bunny ear lancer)

4 base 3* characters and I'm still considering rerolling for Heimdall....you'd think it would be easier to get a 2* then a bunch of 3s but that's my luck lol

chrono01

At this point I have

Freya
Hel (almost at 4*)
Cannon
Fu fei Lang
And I'm using Sonia (the bunny ear lancer)

4 base 3* characters and I'm still considering rerolling for Heimdall....you'd think it would be easier to get a 2* then a bunch of 3s but that's my luck lol
Man, don't re-roll! That's a great team! What equipment do you have and how many beginner pulls did you do? Still, nice setup!

Heimdall is great, but as you said, he's a 2*. I'm sure you'll get him eventually, just with regular pulls. I've pulled him around 5-6 times already.

My team:

Freya
Loki
Momiji
Hel
Heimdall

Keep going with that account, IMO. The game is generous with gems, so do your beginner pulls and then start saving up for Thor. Just be patient, I'm sure Heimdall will come to you soon enough. Don't forget that there's free semi-daily pulls too.

Dandte

Man, don't re-roll! That's a great team! What equipment do you have and how many beginner pulls did you do? Still, nice setup!

Heimdall is great, but as you said, he's a 2*. I'm sure you'll get him eventually, just with regular pulls. I've pulled him around 5-6 times already.

My team:

Freya
Loki
Momiji
Hel
Heimdall

Keep going with that account, IMO. The game is generous with gems, so do your beginner pulls and then start saving up for Thor. Just be patient, I'm sure Heimdall will come to you soon enough. Don't forget that there's free semi-daily pulls too.

Your kind words are appreciated. Did my third pull. Got the cannon girl and the guaranteed gear...rest of it was dupes. This means in 3 multis i got 3 3* with one of them a story drop.

My current team is

Wolfgang (?)
The healer 2*
Freya
The martial arts chick
Heimdal.

Sadly i can't beat the heimdal quest to awaken him. At least one of us has luch :3

chrono01

Your kind words are appreciated. Did my third pull. Got the cannon girl and the guaranteed gear...rest of it was dupes. This means in 3 multis i got 3 3* with one of them a story drop.

My current team is

Wolfgang (?)
The healer 2*
Freya
The martial arts chick
Heimdal.

Sadly i can't beat the heimdal quest to awaken him. At least one of us has luch :3
Freya
Wolfgang
Fei
Cannon Girl/Mel
Heimdall

isn't a bad team, at all! You could technically put Hel in there too, as she's a great free unit, but it's up to you whether you want another ranged or not. I'd go with two melee, two mage, and an archer, personally. You don't really need a healer right now, but could be useful later on.

You didn't have bad luck, at all. As long as you can form a team such as you did with your first three summons, I'd say you did really well. What 3* guaranteed gear did you get?

Edit:

I have to say though, this game is a lot of fun. Stamina is a non-issue right now (so much to burn through!), and the character art is nice. Translation seems solid too, and as I mentioned earlier, the game is handing our enough free gems to easily do your three multi-summons and still earn a considerable bank of them afterwards (do arena/connect battles!). It reminds me a lot of Chain Chronicle, which I miss, so this is a nice replacement.

I hope the game has a decent life to it, from those that have played it they seem to be enjoying it too (evidenced by user reviews). You guys need to give it a try! Re-rolling is extremely easy/fast, too. You can do your first ten-pull multi within ten minutes (maybe even less) of downloading/installing.

Kitoro

I put a solid day into Valkyrie Connect, but it provides me with very little satisfaction. I was hoping the co-op would be more involved, then I realized I wished the whole game would be more involved.

I obtained a full team of 3* base premium characters in my first three 10 pulls. There's no need to reroll when you're able to get 500-900 gems per arena battle every 10 minutes for at least the first 7k gems worth.

I really love the 2D character art in this game; I really wish they translated to the gameplay, rather than the soulless 3D models. It kind of makes me miss Dragon Blaze in this regard.

HawthorneKitty

Yeah, it's not an exciting game and it hasn't gotten better, more like a watch and look at them go game. I still don't know why it's popular in Japan; some players reference the use of seiyuu, but like so many games have them, so I dunno. It's interesting with how the app icon isn't a character you can get until like the 2nd or 3rd batch of new characters iirc; it's always been the twintail girl in JP. Getting 3 stars isn't really a big deal; every 10 pull usually yields 1; consider yourself unlucky if you get none and lucky if you get 3+.

ReaperXL7

Freya
Wolfgang
Fei
Cannon Girl/Mel
Heimdall

isn't a bad team, at all! You could technically put Hel in there too, as she's a great free unit, but it's up to you whether you want another ranged or not. I'd go with two melee, two mage, and an archer, personally. You don't really need a healer right now, but could be useful later on.

You didn't have bad luck, at all. As long as you can form a team such as you did with your first three summons, I'd say you did really well. What 3* guaranteed gear did you get?

Edit:

I have to say though, this game is a lot of fun. Stamina is a non-issue right now (so much to burn through!), and the character art is nice. Translation seems solid too, and as I mentioned earlier, the game is handing our enough free gems to easily do your three multi-summons and still earn a considerable bank of them afterwards (do arena/connect battles!). It reminds me a lot of Chain Chronicle, which I miss, so this is a nice replacement.

I hope the game has a decent life to it, from those that have played it they seem to be enjoying it too (evidenced by user reviews). You guys need to give it a try! Re-rolling is extremely easy/fast, too. You can do your first ten-pull multi within ten minutes (maybe even less) of downloading/installing.

Decided to just power through with my current team except I replaced Canon with Lufit because she has a higher rating and her shield is really useful.

To your concern about the games life though I wouldn't worry too much about it, Ateam has been supporting Unison League for a long time now. They just had Evangelion and Miku events and Fate Stay is next.

In my experience they do a great job of supporting their games.

chrono01

I put a solid day into Valkyrie Connect, but it provides me with very little satisfaction. I was hoping the co-op would be more involved, then I realized I wished the whole game would be more involved.

I obtained a full team of 3* base premium characters in my first three 10 pulls. There's no need to reroll when you're able to get 500-900 gems per arena battle every 10 minutes for at least the first 7k gems worth.

I really love the 2D character art in this game; I really wish they translated to the gameplay, rather than the soulless 3D models. It kind of makes me miss Dragon Blaze in this regard.
It's a bit more automated than I would have liked (at least in Chain Chronicle, you could move your characters around a bit on the battlefield), but I'm still having a lot of fun with it. It's a bit simple, for sure, but still enjoyable to me. We just need some more events that reward you with characters/weapons, which will apparently come eventually. I guess I'll just build up my team/levels while I wait.

Decided to just power through with my current team except I replaced Canon with Lufit because she has a higher rating and her shield is really useful.

To your concern about the games life though I wouldn't worry too much about it, Ateam has been supporting Unison League for a long time now. They just had Evangelion and Miku events and Fate Stay is next.

In my experience they do a great job of supporting their games.
Very nice, I'm glad to hear that they support their games. I've heard of Unison League before but I've never played it. It's re-assuring to see it still be supported, so here's hoping Valkyrie Connect Global finds an established fan-base. The reviews for it so far have been great, so it's promising.

Good job on your team, BTW. You'll get that Heimdall eventually, I know you will. Just save up whatever gems you can and pull when the next gatcha events occurs. They seem to do Step Up summons a lot in the Japanese release (as well as discounted multi-pulls), so having a stockpile of gems is a great thing.

Quixzlizx

For Orbit Legends, when do you get all of those free pulls? I'm at like 1-10 and nothing so far.

I also have no idea what's going on during the battles. A bunch of dudes and particle effects mashed up.

I still haven't found a gacha game to replace Pirika in my heart, lol.

God, they hand out gems like they're going out of style in Valkyrie Connect, don't they?

I've gotten enough for all beginner's pulls, and another 3k pull in like, two days. I'm not complaining though, because gems seem pretty expensive from the cursory glance I've given the store.

Rocking Heimdal, Freya, Baldr, Momoji, and Cannon.

Freya and Cannon have got some great 3* weapons from the draws, and I haven't lost in the arena yet. I'm sure I'll hit that wall pretty soon though.

My player ID is 882299455, name: Yahweh if anyone wants to add me.

The game reminds me a LOT of Wonder5Masters, with the orbs, and combining them to make the better ones, and the character shards. My least favorite style of gatcha game especially since it doesn't seem like the 3* characters have reliable ways to get shards outside of getting lucky with the draws. Definitely seeing the more of a passive playstyle complaint over games like Brave Exvius, Mobius, and Granblue, etc. I do wish it had nice sprites instead of the rather lacklustre 3D models but it's fun so far.

Especially after how disappointed I was with Valiant Force.

chrono01

God, they hand out gems like they're going out of style in Valkyrie Connect, don't they?

I've gotten enough for all beginner's pulls, and another 3k pull in like, two days. I'm not complaining though, because gems seem pretty expensive from the cursory glance I've given the store.

Rocking Heimdal, Freya, Baldr, Momoji, and Cannon.

Freya and Cannon have got some great 3* weapons from the draws, and I haven't lost in the arena yet. I'm sure I'll hit that wall pretty soon though.

My player ID is 882299455, name: Yahweh if anyone wants to add me.

The game reminds me a LOT of Wonder5Masters, with the orbs, and combining them to make the better ones, and the character shards. My least favorite style of gatcha game especially since it doesn't seem like the 3* characters have reliable ways to get shards outside of getting lucky with the draws. Definitely seeing the more of a passive playstyle complaint over games like Brave Exvius, Mobius, and Granblue, etc. I do wish it had nice sprites instead of the rather lacklustre 3D models but it's fun so far.

Especially after how disappointed I was with Valiant Force.
Nice team setup! I'm using something similar:

Freya
Loki
Thor
Momiji
Heimdall

It seems to be working well.

Speaking of, new characters were just released in Valkyrie Connect, as well as summon discounts. I only got 3* gear in my first multi, but I managed to get Thor in my second (as well as a Queen Hel dupe). Pretty excited. I still have the third to do, after I grind a few more gems.

linkent

How do you guys get so many gems?
This game seems really generous..

Did 10x reroll last night and couldnt get any worthy units :(

Best is 3 3* bow, canon, wolf.

chrono01

How do you guys get so many gems?
This game seems really generous..

Did 10x reroll last night and couldnt get any worthy units :(

Best is 3 3* bow, canon, wolf.
You get 5000 gems, simply for doing 100 Connect battles. Not just that, when you reach milestones in the arena, you get A LOT of gems. Also, they've been giving out 300 gems per day since launch, and you get a lot simply for completing the story as well as character quests.

If you're re-rolling, now's a great time! Aim for one of the new featured characters in the new discounted gatcha, and save your Beginner summons for later (but not too long, since they may expire). I'd go for either Thor + Heimdall, or Freya + Heimdall. Best of luck to you, should you try!

Caim

Wow, this game is pretty generous.
My first multi gave me Hel, and Freya along with some gear and dupes of one character.
Will see what I get from the rest of the Beginner Summons.

EDIT: Just read your post Chrono. I'll probably spend the rest of my gems on that then!

Top Bottom