• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

chrono01

Wow, this game is pretty generous.
My first multi gave me Hel, and Freya along with some gear and dupes of one character.
Will see what I get from the rest of the Beginner Summons.

EDIT: Just read your post Chrono. I'll probably spend the rest of my gems on that then!
Yeah, the game is crazy generous.

Hel is one of the free story characters you get (I know, I get dupes of her too :/), but it helps having more of her since you can promote her to a higher rarity. Freya is an amazing pull! Which 2* characters did you get? Some of them can be pretty useful (especially, the God known as Heimdall).

Great start, though! I hope you're as fortunate in your future pulls.

Caim

Yeah, the game is crazy generous.

Hel is one of the free story characters you get (I know, I get dupes of her too :/), but it helps having more of her since you can promote her to a higher rarity. Freya is an amazing pull! Which 2* characters did you get? Some of them can be pretty useful (especially, the God known as Heimdall).

Great start, though! I hope you're as fortunate in your future pulls.

Whats your ID so I can add you?

I ended up just rerolling and got Loki, Freya, Heimdall.

My ID is 894706550

chrono01

Whats your ID so I can add you?

I ended up just rerolling and got Loki, Freya, Heimdall.
Yes, that is an incredible start. Nicely done!

My ID is: 927254101. Name is the usual "Chrono". I'm currently leading with Freya, but I might switch to Thor when I get him leveled up a bit.

Feel free to add me (anyone in this thread)! Or, follow me, rather.

linkent

reroll rerolll couldnt get anything good.

Why not use my ipad and reroll with both!

1st Account get
Wolfgang, Freya, Gullveig and a 2* Heimdall

2nd Account get
Thor, Wolfgang, FeiLang, 2* Heimdall.

Which account should I play? >.<

MiTYH

Lot of you seem into this game, so I'll give it a shot! How far into this can you perform the free summon to see if I need to reroll?

EDIT: I beat the first chapter (very auto-y) and did the multisummon, got a 3-star who doesn't appear high on the tier list so I guess I'll reroll!

EDIT #2: Alright, a few later I got 3-star Loki and Gullveig from the discounted multipull. That seems good enough for me to continue for now. Of course, I realized I was doing the new hero rate up, not the beginning support, so I've got some weapons now. Think it's worth it to get 1500 diamonds and do a beginner support summon too?

FINAL EDIT: Did the beginner summon too now. Game glitched and brought me to the main screen but did the summon so I didn't see the animation. But from my new characters, I got 3-star Ninja Momiji, and 2-star Heimdall who seems to be amazing. Sounds like I'm all set with this account :)

ReaperXL7

1st Account get

2nd Account get

Account 2 you got Thor Fei Lang and Heimdall that's an excellent start

chrono01

1st Account get

2nd Account get

You can't really lose with either. The first account has two SS-tier mages, rated at 9.0 (Freya and Gullveig), as well as Heimdall. The second account has Thor, who's rated at 9.5 and Lei Fang who's not amazing, but still a great character (particularly for raids). Both have Wolfgang, who's a solid support.

It's up to you whether you want the current highest-rated character in the game (Thor) or two slightly lesser=rated ones (9.0) that are still SS-tier. I don't envy your decision.

I'd probably choose account number 1, purely for waifu reasons, haha. Thor is pretty damn amazing, though. That paralyze for three turns...

Lot of you seem into this game, so I'll give it a shot! How far into this can you perform the free summon to see if I need to reroll?

EDIT: I beat the first chapter (very auto-y) and did the multisummon, got a 3-star who doesn't appear high on the tier list so I guess I'll reroll!

EDIT #2: Alright, a few later I got 3-star Loki and Gullveig from the discounted multipull. That seems good enough for me to continue for now. Of course, I realized I was doing the new hero rate up, not the beginning support, so I've got some weapons now. Think it's worth it to get 1500 diamonds and do a beginner support summon too?

FINAL EDIT: Did the beginner summon too now. Game glitched and brought me to the main screen but did the summon so I didn't see the animation. But from my new characters, I got 3-star Ninja Momiji, and 2-star Heimdall who seems to be amazing. Sounds like I'm all set with this account :)
Oh man, you're indeed set. Loki + Gullveig + Momiji + Heimdall? Yeah, that's a keeper. Just get yourself that story Queen Hel, and you have a great team composition!

Congrats!

chrono01

Freya
Gullveig
Heimdall
Idun

Worth keeping or reroll?
KEEP! How many summons did you do?

Ideally, you want an SS-tier character + Heimdall in your first multi-pull (or the "glitched" Freya, during the tutorial summon). You have two (Freya and Gullveig). Now, just farm gems and do the rest of the promotional summons (current, as well as beginner's banner), and then save for the next one. You could start saving now, but it might be worth trying to fill out your team a bit more for arena and such, not to mention receiving gear to equip to your current heroes.

But yeah, that's a very nice start. It's great seeing so any people here have great luck with their re-rolls!

KEEP! How many summons did you do?

Ideally, you want an SS-tier character + Heimdall in your first multi-pull (or the "glitched" Freya, during the tutorial summon). You have two (Freya and Gullveig). Now, just farm gems and do the rest of the promotional summons (current, as well as beginner's banner), and then save for the next one. You could start saving now, but it might be worth trying to fill out your team a bit more for arena and such, not to mention receiving gear to equip to your current heroes.

But yeah, that's a very nice start. It's great seeing so any people here have great luck with their re-rolls!
First roll on starting the game gave me Freya. Did the story up until I got 1500 crystals, then did the half off roll for new characters and got them.

Wait, how is my tutorial Freya glitched?

chrono01

First roll on starting the game gave me Freya. Did the story up until I got 1500 crystals, then did the half off roll for new characters and got them.

Wait, how is my tutorial Freya glitched?
Nope, not technically glitched, just that she's (apparently) not supposed to show up there. It's just one of those random summons you can get (it's a great thing, if it happens). It's where I got mine too.

As for gem usage, that's really good! So you still have two more summons on the new character banner (the third will give you a guaranteed new character too, so maybe you'll luck out and get Thor), and you still have the beginner banner to pull from too (after the current banner ends)? You're off to a nice start, for sure.

Feel free to drop your ID here (or add me, I posted my ID earlier) so we can follow you. :)

Quixzlizx

I always feel like a total moron when starting out in gacha games.

I'm trying out Valkyrie Connect, but I don't have 1500 gems at the end of chapter 1 to do a 10 pull. Is it because I can't beat the boss at the end without anyone dying? I honestly don't see how to do that. My frontline character always dies before anyone else is ready to use special abilities.

Quonny

Oh hey you guys talking about Valkyrie Connect? My brother turned me onto this game. Seems super generous with the gacha stuff.

Heimdall is broken OP.

linkent

Account 2 you got Thor Fei Lang and Heimdall that's an excellent start

You can't really lose with either. The first account has two SS-tier mages, rated at 9.0 (Freya and Gullveig), as well as Heimdall. The second account has Thor, who's rated at 9.5 and Lei Fang who's not amazing, but still a great character (particularly for raids). Both have Wolfgang, who's a solid support.

It's up to you whether you want the current highest-rated character in the game (Thor) or two slightly lesser=rated ones (9.0) that are still SS-tier. I don't envy your decision.

I'd probably choose account number 1, purely for waifu reasons, haha. Thor is pretty damn amazing, though. That paralyze for three turns...
Thx for the advice!
Gonna stick to account 1 and see my next roll.
Then do the same with the second one.

Guess i should do the event banner 3x?

I followed you guys, so can follow me back from follower list.

Edit, 2000gem pulls, got 2 Hel what the hell, and a weapon and dupe veru. Hope i get Thor on the last one.

chrono01

I always feel like a total moron when starting out in gacha games.

I'm trying out Valkyrie Connect, but I don't have 1500 gems at the end of chapter 1 to do a 10 pull. Is it because I can't beat the boss at the end without anyone dying? I honestly don't see how to do that. My frontline character always dies before anyone else is ready to use special abilities.
You should have 1500 gems after you clear the first chapter, and you don't need to 3* all of the missions. Have you collected the gems from your Mission completion from the main menu? You get 1000 alone, just for clearing the first chapter, just be sure to read the story associated with it (gem icon on the map). Then you get 300 for logging in, as well as 50 gems per main story mission completed (collect these from the Mission section).

Oh hey you guys talking about Valkyrie Connect? My brother turned me onto this game. Seems super generous with the gacha stuff.

Heimdall is broken OP.
Yeah, it's pretty generous indeed.

And yes, Heimdall is a God. He's the GP Hammer Usopp of this world.

Thx for the advice!
Gonna stick to account 1 and see my next roll.
Then do the same with the second one.

Guess i should do the event banner 3x?

I followed you guys, so can follow me back from follower list.

Edit, 2000gem pulls, got 2 Hel what the hell, and a weapon and dupe veru. Hope i get Thor on the last one.
Hel seems to be common for me too. I hope you're lucky in your third roll, but even as it is, your main account is still good and with the way the game hands out gems (and the beginner banner still being available), I wouldn't worry too much.

Yes, do the event banner x3 (you get a guaranteed new hero from this banner on the third step), and then the beginner ones afterwards. Then, just save for the next event banner.

Lockon

Been playing for 2 days now. Pull all 3 beginner summons and 3 new summons. This is what I got from pulls.

Heimdall (got him to 3 stars)
Canon
Freya
Hel
Wolfgang
Gullveig
Thor

My second new units pull only give me 2 stars, but my last pull was worth it:
Screenshot_20161024_221156.png

chrono01

Been playing for 2 days now. Pull all 3 beginner summons and 3 new summons. This is what I got from pulls.

Heimdall (got him to 3 stars)
Canon
Freya
Hel
Wolfgang
Gullveig
Thor

My second new units pull only give me 2 stars, but my last pull was worth it:
Nice pulls!

I did my 3/3 summon for the guaranteed new hero (hoping for Gullveig), but I got a dupe Thor instead. Oh well, first step to promoting him, at least. I got ANOTHER Hel, so I was able to push her from a 3* to a 4*. Insane how often I'm getting her.

Azusa

SEA launch soon. The only mobage thats not just a localisation but official release with English language. I cant play mobage localisations anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/ValiantForce/photos/a.784557908326677.1073741828.779071605541974/1090380867744378/?type=3 said:
FunPlus and XII Braves are excited to announce the SEA launch date for Valiant Force, which has been confirmed for November 1, 2016! Pre-registration will be closed on October 31, 2016.

14681691_1090380867744378_4675800050912953413_n.jpg

Dev post:
http://forum.playvaliantforce.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=444&sid=c41a40461cc939e1261915b8fbddf00f

For Leon and Theia, we have prepared 2 very popular voice actors from Japan as well. Please stay tuned to our social media channels for updates this coming week.

They will post official launch FAQ later this week.

Rixa

Looks nice, I might give it a try!

I'd try to get Thor if you plan to play it, I play JP and his paralysis is infinitely useful.

Ah, Loki is good, Freya is best; a 2 star bulky knight is god tier; his name is Hiemdall or something like that.

I'm going for Freya, 'cause waifu. Also, she's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro.

I just got a ten-pull with Loki, Fei Leng, and Gunslinger Wolfgang. Three 3* in my first ten-pull...

BUT I WANT FREYA!

Edit:

So I re-rolled. I got Freya in the tutorial three-person summon and Heimdall/Queen Hel in my 1500 gem multi-pull, as well as a 3* Ring (Ring of Niflung - HP 5% up to self with constant effect). I know you get Queen Hel for free from the story, but at least I'll be able to Promote her?

Anyway, I think I'm done with my account. I got a tank (Heimdall) and that super-amazing waifu/Freya.

Hopping to Valkyrie Connect. Downloading it now and if needed going to do rerolls for Freya and bunch of others.

Nice team setup! I'm using something similar:

Freya
Loki
Thor
Momiji
Heimdall

It seems to be working well.

Speaking of, new characters were just released in Valkyrie Connect, as well as summon discounts. I only got 3* gear in my first multi, but I managed to get Thor in my second (as well as a Queen Hel dupe). Pretty excited. I still have the third to do, after I grind a few more gems.

Same! I got Thor in my last pull of the three -- as well as the dark elemental caster chick. I'm probably going to put her in my party, possibly as a replacement to Cannon or Momiji. Thor is an obvious inclusion. I also unlocked a Fenrir shard, so I'll have to farm his character quest every day until I unlock him. I hear he's very good in PvP.

I'm fairly tapped out on gems now. We'll have to see how further generous the game will be in the upcoming events. With soul shards, it seems like the gatcha can be fairly high rate and still spurn you -- requiring many multiple draws of the heroes to fully unlock them.

SEA launch soon. The only mobage thats not just a localisation but official release with English language. I cant play mobage localisations anymore.

Valiant Force was one I was heavily looking forward to. Unfortunately, between not dropping progress during the beta, and the plethora of BUY THIS OFFER BEFORE IT EXPIRES! ads during gameplay, I lost interest pretty quick. It didn't help that I didn't draw a single Valiant outside of the starter one during my entire time there.

Azusa

Valiant Force was one I was heavily looking forward to. Unfortunately, between not dropping progress during the beta, and the plethora of BUY THIS OFFER BEFORE IT EXPIRES! ads during gameplay, I lost interest pretty quick. It didn't help that I didn't draw a single Valiant outside of the starter one during my entire time there.

Yeah its SEA IAP. It could be very bad or just bad. But if the gameplay is fun I dont care much. Also its a always online mobile gatcha why care about data wipes? Its always good to join later and get more rewards and better heroes than day one players.

linkent

Hel seems to be common for me too. I hope you're lucky in your third roll, but even as it is, your main account is still good and with the way the game hands out gems (and the beginner banner still being available), I wouldn't worry too much.

Yes, do the event banner x3 (you get a guaranteed new hero from this banner on the third step), and then the beginner ones afterwards. Then, just save for the next event banner.

So close!!
The 3rd pull is 9x2* 1x g3*
And it is Thor!
Team complete.
Haimdell
Gullveig
Freya
Thor
Wolfgang

Think I am just gonna skip this beginner banner and save gem for next rate up event.

it seems like the only way to promote those 3* is by getting duplicate?

chrono01

So close!!
The 3rd pull is 9x2* 1x g3*
And it is Thor!
Team complete.
Haimdell
Gullveig
Freya
Thor
Wolfgang

Think I am just gonna skip this beginner banner and save gem for next rate up event.

it seems like the only way to promote those 3* is by getting duplicate?
Wow, congrats. That's one hell of a team!

Yeah, the only way to promote is through dupes, so don't expect to do so for the 3* base anytime soon (unless you get lucky, haha).

Rixa

Rerolling gave me 3* Freya from start. Then I did 1500 event summon and later 2000 event summon. Now the question is, what I need to do to promote unit from 2* ->3*?
My guess is max level and something else.
Edit: It seems you need 10 souls, so pull it total of 3 times.
Some traveling trader had 3 Heimdall soulls for price of 750 Diamonds.

Quonny

Team is Momiji, Queen, Hel, Freya, and Heim. SeemsOkay

Also, the ticket system in this game is fucking genius. Why is this not in Granblue? If I can farm a fight in Granblue without ever losing more than 10% health, why can't I just skip it? This system needs to be copied by every gacha game.

There's possibly going to be a global server post-launch, so I'd wait on that unless you want in on the current SEA one.

chrono01

Rerolling gave me 3* Freya from start. Then I did 1500 event summon and later 2000 event summon. Now the question is, what I need to do to promote unit from 2* ->3*?
My guess is max level and something else.
Edit: It seems you need 10 souls, so pull it total of 3 times.
Some traveling trader had 3 Heimdall soulls for price of 750 Diamonds.
Hmm, I can't seem to see your pictures, haha.

To promote from 2* --> 3*, you need copies/shards of the character. You get them from pulling duplicate characters from the gatcha, but some you can farm through Hero Quests that unlock once you earn the character (such as Heimdall). You can only run the Hero Quest that drops a shard three times per day for each particular character, so it'll take a bit of time to fully promote them. It's also not a 100% drop-rate.

For 3* base characters, I believe the only way to promote them is through gatcha duplicates, since they don't have Hero Quests (at least, right now).

Team is Momiji, Queen, Hel, Freya, and Heim. SeemsOkay

Also, the ticket system in this game is fucking genius. Why is this not in Granblue? If I can farm a fight in Granblue without ever losing more than 10% health, why can't I just skip it? This system needs to be copied by every gacha game.
Yeah, tickets are great. I'm saving mine for later, since the beginning quests are so quick. It'll be nice to farm high energy quests later, with the press of a button. Shironeko Project/White Cat Story has this sort of thing too, it's incredibly helpful.

Quixzlizx

You should have 1500 gems after you clear the first chapter, and you don't need to 3* all of the missions. Have you collected the gems from your Mission completion from the main menu? You get 1000 alone, just for clearing the first chapter, just be sure to read the story associated with it (gem icon on the map). Then you get 300 for logging in, as well as 50 gems per main story mission completed (collect these from the Mission section).

Yeah, it's pretty generous indeed.

And yes, Heimdall is a God. He's the GP Hammer Usopp of this world.

Yeah, I didn't even notice the 300 gem login bonus sitting in the gifts area.

Can gear be unequipped?

Edit: Ugh, keep getting "Error ending process" at the end of this fight. I have to restart the app every time, and it doesn't save my process. The game seems to hang at the end of every fight for me for a couple of seconds. Maybe a Blu Life One X isn't fast enough for this game.

Lockon

wow look 1500 stamina, guess I'm never going to run out...

Went on to farm mats to evolve 4 chars to blue frame.

200 stamina left...lol

What should I spend these Fenrir tokens on? Nearing 1k.

I bought Fenrir tokens. But I hear the axe is decent.

Currently rocking a pretty impressive team of Gullvieg, Thor, Heimdal, Cannon, and Freya.

I was torn on whether or not to keep Momiji's strictly physical damage vs Cannon's mixed damage, and decided to run with Cannon for now. I just need to work on farming orbs to get them all at least blue border and leveling up their gear. I'm getting tossed in arena atm -- seems like my Heimdal is made of issue paper and other people have them as these monstrous tanks.

Azusa

There's possibly going to be a global server post-launch, so I'd wait on that unless you want in on the current SEA one.

Global servers are the worst. Avoid them always. They are ded day one.

I have played a lot global ver. of mobage and my experience was very bad. Its time to stop repeating same mistake and hoping that global server will be good this time.

Rixa

Hmm, I can't seem to see your pictures, haha.

Funny cause havent changed anything, does F5 help?
I did my 3rd summon (3k), obviously I get only 1 3* and it was Vali, got the short end of stick there.

My party: Freya, Heimdall, Wolfgang, Loki, Vali. Time to start collecting Diamonds for those Beginner summons, could use some 3* eqs. Been getting 2* ones that aren't same so cant forge to 3*.

chrono01

Funny cause havent changed anything, does F5 help?
I did my 3rd summon (3k), obviously I get only 1 3* and it was Vali, got the short end of stick there.

My party: Freya, Heimdall, Wolfgang, Loki, Vali. Time to start collecting Diamonds for those Beginner summons, could use some 3* eqs. Been getting 2* ones that aren't same so cant forge to 3*.
Nope, still can't see em'. :(

Vali isn't a bad unit. She's not as good as either Thor or Gullveig, but she's usable! Aside form that, not a bad team!

Equipment is indeed, pretty important. I received quite a few with my beginner summons, so I hope the same holds true for you. Apparently the next gatcha we receive after this one is a summer gatcha. All of the characters there are nice too, but unfortunately, no step-up summons. That's if we get it, I'm not sure how in-sync our banners will be with how it was in Japan, considering it's not summer here. It'd be nice if we got the Halloween characters, but those were just released in Japan so it's difficult to say.

Rixa

Nope, still can't see em'. :(

Vali isn't a bad unit. She's not as good as either Thor or Gullveig, but she's usable! Aside form that, not a bad team!

Equipment is indeed, pretty important. I received quite a few with my beginner summons, so I hope the same holds true for you. Apparently the next gatcha we receive after this one is a summer gatcha. All of the characters there are nice too, but unfortunately, no step-up summons. That's if we get it, I'm not sure how in-sync our banners will be with how it was in Japan, considering it's not summer here. It'd be nice if we got the Halloween characters, but those were just released in Japan so it's difficult to say.

Direct links to those 2 pics http://rixan.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Sekalai...ns/Screenshot_20161025-121123.png?img=smaller and http://rixan.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Sekalai...ns/Screenshot_20161025-135951.png?img=smaller

Yup, will log daily and do stuff to get Diamonds when I have time from BE TM grind :p.
I didnt take screenie from 3rd pull cause it was just R stuff beside Vali.

Caim

The game clearly doesn't want me to pull Thor, but Loki is now my first 4* character.

Also any idea when SAO for English will come out? Probably sometime in November, if I had to guess.

linkent

Direct links to those 2 pics http://rixan.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Sekalai...ns/Screenshot_20161025-121123.png?img=smaller and http://rixan.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Sekalai...ns/Screenshot_20161025-135951.png?img=smaller

Yup, will log daily and do stuff to get Diamonds when I have time from BE TM grind :p.
I didnt take screenie from 3rd pull cause it was just R stuff beside Vali.
It says "No Access" for those links

The game clearly doesn't want me to pull Thor, but Loki is now my first 4* character.

Also any idea when SAO for English will come out? Probably sometime in November, if I had to guess.
Pulled a Dupe Thor from free daily pull >.<

Sabas

Banned
Right now my 3* roster is: Heimdall, Hel, Loki, Gullveig, Idun, Canon, Momiji, and Wolfgang

Would like a Freya or Thor. Hmm.

Quonny

Welp, pulled Thor, the Winged Helm, and the Mythril Armor.

Have all the SS characters now and 2/3 SS gear. Game complete.

I have played a lot global ver. of mobage and my experience was very bad. Its time to stop repeating same mistake and hoping that global server will be good this time.
No, I meant they might add an actual global server instead of localization.
When you start the game, there's a server option at the beginning (only SEA beta so far).

Quixzlizx

RIP Chain Chronicle.

Stider

Trying out Valkyrie Connect a bit over the last few days. Drew Loki(twice) and Heimdall, so with Hel had the start of a good team.

Until today.

Saved up for the 3k draw with a guaranteed new character. Got a very good draw:
Hel(10 shards)
3* Bow( great, but don't have any good archers)
Freya(great upgrade from Idun)
Thor!(Welp, there goes Skuld)

Current team: Heimdall, Thor, Loki, Freya and Hel.
ID: 722344595

Rixa

Valiant Force is up on apkpure if anyone wants to try it out before the official launch.

One person I know played Beta and told to me earlier same things as you. So many ad popups, everytime after you are out of energy / cash / some mission etc... Beta had end content + stuff that isnt F2P friendly at all and event characters were capped 4* and so on. After the things I was told, I decided to not touch to it (preregged to it too).

Azusa

http://forum.playvaliantforce.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=466&sid=af05183b585919db5e3de66140bd8343 said:
Q: When will Valiant Force launch in other regions?
A: After Southeast Asia, we are looking to launch the game in Taiwan (including Hong Kong and Macau). We are aiming for a launch in North America and Europe in 2017.

Regions such as Japan, South Korea, and Vietnam will most likely have local publishers operating Valiant Force to provide the best localized support.

I will just try SEA version.
One person I know played Beta and told to me earlier same things as you. So many ad popups, everytime after you are out of energy / cash / some mission etc... Beta had end content + stuff that isnt F2P friendly at all and event characters were capped 4* and so on. After the things I was told, I decided to not touch to it (preregged to it too).

Yeah it could be very shit like most SEA games but I still want to try it for a few days.

Yeah, it's not a very F2P fair kind of game. I'm not very impressed by it.

Valkyrie Connect has the halloween units out -- no idea if they're any good or not but I managed to pull both DracuLoki and Witch Idun from 2 of the 3 special summons. Thank god they come with their own hero quests, and you don't have to whale out to cap them!

Edit: And it seems they released the 3* hero quests, ending the major issue I had with the game! Time to farm those Thor shards!

chrono01

I did my the 1500 gem multi, no rainbow. I probably won't do the 2,000 or 3,000 one, since I don't really need Dracula Loki, and Pumpkin Idun is okay, but nothing special. I'll probably save the rest of my gems for a batch that matters more, since I know the ones I earn in-game are going to dry up soon (once I finish all of the story quests).

Nice to see we can earn souls through the Hero Quests now, for our 3* base characters though!

Top Bottom