• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Fate Grand Order is having a Prisma Iliya event btw. Free Kuro Archer.

5* Caster Iliya is in the gacha, along with all other servants that may qualify as "Magical Girls" (Nursery Rhyme, Helena Blavatsky)

Event itself is a raid type event, fighting bosses and slowly taking their Total HP down.

banner_100797458.png

MiTYH

5* Caster Iliya is in the gacha, along with all other servants that may qualify as "Magical Girls" (Nursery Rhyme, Helena Blavatsky)

Event itself is a raid type event, fighting bosses and slowly taking their Total HP down.

banner_100797458.png

Man, here's a game I wish came to global. I tried it in JP, looked fun, but had no idea what I was really doing, so I stopped

Azusa

Man, here's a game I wish came to global. I tried it in JP, looked fun, but had no idea what I was really doing, so I stopped

Global japanese mobile games are ded. Only cash grabs or stipped down version.There is no hope. Play jp version or forget about these games.

THere are plenty of guides and community is active enough that you get complete breakdowns of all the events within a day of them starting.

Mainly you wanna hit up grand order's reddit page. That's one of the main places where all the stuff is reposted and explained.

Uthred

There's a Nasuverse version of Helena Blavatsky? Scared to google that

Jeffrey

There was once a upon a time where I'd import and play Japanese games. Now I barely have time to play half the western and localized jp games I want to.

bjork

So that Super Sentai game is pretty simple, but I like the presentation. I'm not super familiar with any of the series, but I can go "hey, the pink ranger" and that's cool. Awesome music, too.

New JP cooking RPG by SquareEnix.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.GrandMarchej

0U16LtO0wAjPXphYhCjiDz7t7ULFQvVkt0zQ96RK7IQaKSGeTLM4sf6n0-ants4HrQ=h900
zp7ntHa2hQLc1NZSeRgDx1hn-denmyWlzko5qluncOZrgkkaJkV8KPhYwkkCTsu-3Eww=h900

Comes with anime intro. :eek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDXMuvXFaY

I haven't tried yet. Will check later.

EDIT:
Alright, fun concept for a game.
Basically Minesweeper.

Mines are monsters that you fight.
If you uncover empty squares around them, you get attack combo bonus.

Then you cook stuff with ingredients you find in dungeons to level up your characters or sell to other players.

casiopao

It is a great fun if u are total fanboys for Type Moon titles. But if u are not, i would suggest u move away from the game. The HOLY MAMAMIA bad Gacha, bad performance and boring gameplay kill me from continuing the game.T_T

New JP cooking RPG by SquareEnix.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.GrandMarchej

0U16LtO0wAjPXphYhCjiDz7t7ULFQvVkt0zQ96RK7IQaKSGeTLM4sf6n0-ants4HrQ=h900
zp7ntHa2hQLc1NZSeRgDx1hn-denmyWlzko5qluncOZrgkkaJkV8KPhYwkkCTsu-3Eww=h900

Comes with anime intro. :eek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDXMuvXFaY

I haven't tried yet. Will check later.

EDIT:
Alright, fun concept for a game.
Basically Minesweeper.

Mines are monsters that you fight.
If you uncover empty squares around them, you get attack combo bonus.

Then you cook stuff with ingredients you find in dungeons to level up your characters or sell to other players.

O_O The Art looks good, The gameplay is not though.

It reminds me a lot of Toriko or Dungeon Meshi.^_^

Basoes

Managed to get lucky and get Illya (my 5th 5star now counting 2 Blue Sabers) This breaks my unlucky streak of only getting SSR sabers

lbS647L.png

2wCBUqo.png

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
SQEX's latest game lets you infinitely reroll your first unit and the art and 3D models are cute, but the game effects are so shoddy for their usual output.

I'll just go back to PriPara.

I'm not even sure when it came out, but has anyone been playing LINE Gundam Wars?

It's pretty standard auto-RPG fare so far but I am a sucker for anything Gundam so I have been digging into it over the last few days. The grind seems to be a bit on the unbalanced side compared to more recent releases.

chrono01

Sega just released World Chain. Anyone played the game here?O_O
Game looks fun, but considering SEGA doesn't release their gatcha games directly in NA, and Gumi has just released Brave Exvius, I'm not hopeful for an English release anytime soon. Not that I'd trust Gumi with another Chain Chronicle-styled game...

casiopao

Game looks fun, but considering SEGA doesn't release their gatcha games directly in NA, and Gumi has just released Brave Exvius, I'm not hopeful for an English release anytime soon. Not that I'd trust Gumi with another Chain Chronicle-styled game...

Go Qoo lol. Play the game on raw.^_^

chrono01

Go Qoo lol. Play the game on raw.^_^
I'm on iOS. I could create a Japanese Apple account and play that way, but one of my favorite things with Chain Chronicle (and likely will carry into World Chain) was the story and the characters. If I can't understand that, there's little point in me playing. :(

Caim

Started playing Fate/Grand Order yesterday only to find out that iOS 10 (which I updated to on my new phone today) breaks the game until it gets updated.

>_>

ReaperXL7

Heads up to anyone playing SAO, they just opened up the multiplayer. It's pretty fun, curious to see if they incorporate any major mechanics into boss events.

Kitoro

Heads up to anyone playing SAO, they just opened up the multiplayer. It's pretty fun, curious to see if they incorporate any major mechanics into boss events.

That sounds like a good time. Is there an English/Global version in the works that anyone knows of?

Caim

I had no idea they released an english version of JJBA: Stardust Shooters.

It's on the Singapore iTunes store, I think it came out recently.

Jeffrey

problem i have with games based off properties is that my favorite characters always end up crap :/

I do like how record keeper does it, just not a big fan of the gameplay.

chrono01

Otogi Spirit Agents has now (officially) launched globally. I've been playing it off and on (it had a soft launch here in Canada), and it's pretty enjoyable. Everything is voiced (by popular seiryu), and the gameplay reminds me a bit of Chain Chronicle. The real draw, for me at least, is the free daily premium summon you can do (between 12PM - 2PM, the time is sync'd with your local time so no need to do any conversion). That's right, a free pull every single day, with all of the units (including the advertised ones) being available, assuming you're lucky enough.

If you're thinking of re-rolling, you might have a difficult time, since you don't get enough currency to do a premium pull starting outright. If you plan to re-roll at the same time as your free daily summon is available, you could make use of those two hours to try and get something that interests you. Warning to those on iOS, the game will automatically link to your Game Center account, making re-rolling impossible (I learned this the hard way). I'm not sure if the game applies to Android or not.

Another way to earn characters is through mochi. You get them through completing daily dungeons, as well as for mission rewards and selling off daemons you don't want. They seem common enough, and the characters you can trade for them switch out regularly.

One other thing to note is that the 4* characters, even the three 3* characters you can choose as your starters, are pretty powerful. Even if you don't manage a 5*, you shouldn't have any trouble completing the story and competing during events, assuming they're properly leveled. Also, save your jewels for stamina restore during events and not for doing summons, you can one per day so they're better used in aiming for a higher rank during events so you can get those rewards.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok i need help with grand blue. I wanted to download it on my ipad 2 but its weird since you need to go to the japanese store and all that and its too much. I tried signing up for the chrome version but it never took my email or password. What to do gaf.

chrono01

Ok i need help with grand blue. I wanted to download it on my ipad 2 but its weird since you need to go to the japanese store and all that and its too much. I tried signing up for the chrome version but it never took my email or password. What to do gaf.
It's a web-based game, the application itself is just a portal to it.

What you need to do is create an account through Chrome (activate Developer Mode and then load up the game) on your PC, and create your GBF account that way. Once you do, you can play it on all devices, through your web browser, by going to the GBF website and entering the email/password you created your account with. It might seem confusing, but it really isn't. There are many walk-throughs in creating your account, and Chrome can translate anything you don't understand into English.

Here's a walk-through that helped me when I first started out.

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/146/new-game-registration-rerolling

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
GREE's got their hands on a One Punch Man game next year; if you didn't know, they've worked on both Naruto games.

Sabas

Banned
Been playing War of Crown on my Shield tablet. It's okay, but nothing hooking me so far.

Otogi Spirit Agents having the free roll around lunch time is nice and the voice acting is solid.

chrono01

I'm not sure if anyone here plays Rune Story or not, but it looks like they might be closing the servers. There are a lot of strange activities going on in-game right now.

The first, are the rewards for the ongoing Conquest. Normally, you get a handful of gems, a few runes, maybe a rusted Memorial Sword, and that's about it. That's how it's listed on their forums and everything. However, this Conquest is giving out a copy of every currently-available gatcha weapon for free (normally you spend gems for a chance to get even one), as well as thousands of gems (yes, I said thousands, the reward for 9,000 Conquest points, which only took me a round an hour or so, was 5000 gems. Before I started grinding points, I was at just under 1000 gems (was saving for a while) and now I'm at over 10k gems, and I pulled on the current gatcha a couple times which gave me all of the currently-available characters (including Charlotte). This is literally thousands of dollars worth of free items, and it doesn't take long to obtain either (by farming the event map on the highest difficulty, which still isn't hard).

The second strange thing, is their lack of communication. It's been five days since any last real reply from them, and people are trying their best to get in-contact with them (emails, forums, social media, etc.). According to their login activity, they were actually signed in a day or so ago on their official forums, but they never made a reply. When they're lurking on their own forum, with people asking for an update on the situation and why the game is giving out so many nice/free items, it's kind of telling.

At least, with Chain Chronicle, when they shut down the servers, they told us what they were doing and then unveiled all of the "closing down" events (1AP quests, discounts on summons, etc. Here, Colopl is saying anything, and it make matters worse, you can still spend money to buy gems. :/

I'm not saying for sure if they're closing their servers or not. They did just release a new event, and talked about upcoming ones, but then that doesn't mean they necessarily have to abide by that. Regardless, it's the weekend, so if I don't hear something by tomorrow or Tuesday (at the latest), I'm guessing the game is officially dead.

It's a shame, I finally got my first Dragon Rider. Granted, I didn't play the game much at all lately (just logging in for daily rewards), but I know a lot of people did so it's sad to see the game end (if that's indeed what's happening).

Top Bottom