• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Rixa

Since I have 19h to go with Hero banner to collect 3k Diamonds and Iam now 2100 Diamonds, I will definitely do 3k summon there. That is guaranteed SS tier summon for me, either Thor or Guruveigu. Cause those are the ones Iam missing, either is great :p

chrono01

Since I have 19h to go with Hero banner to collect 3k Diamonds and Iam now 2100 Diamonds, I will definitely do 3k summon there. That is guaranteed SS tier summon for me, either Thor or Guruveigu. Cause those are the ones Iam missing, either is great :p
You could get Vali, I got a dupe of Thor with my Third Step. :(

But yeah, if you still need Thor of Gullveig, that banner is much better than the Halloween one, especially if you still have Step 3 still available.

I'm really seriously tempted to try the 2,000 gem spawn for the Halloween batch, since I see people are getting lucky, but I know I won't get anything, and then the 3,000 gem "guaranteed" step is just a mere 3,000 gems away! Honestly, if I grabbed all of the Gems available for joining new Connect battles, I'd probably have enough to do both Step 2 and 3, but then I'd be effectively dried of all new Gems, aside from daily login/arena rewards, and story/hero quests. I don't know what the next batch will be, so I kind of want to save for the future, to at least have the potential to do all 3/3 steps if it's something amazing. Dracula Loki is a melee, I already have enough, and Pumpkin Hel is a solid Mage, but again...I'm using Freya already, and have a 4* Hel I could use.

I must resist.

Caim

Did my 1500 halloween pull. No new characters but I did get Brisingamen and the Nifelung Ring. I really needed some new gear so that helped.

Rixa

You could get Vali, I got a dupe of Thor with my Third Step. :(

But yeah, if you still need Thor of Gullveig, that banner is much better than the Halloween one, especially if you still have Step 3 still available.
Its actually my 4th summon in that banner, 3rd one gave Vali. As I now look the banner text ->

That text is misleading: "Guarantees A New Hero"

I have Freya, Vali, So Thor & Guruveigu would be new to me.
But yeah prolly means one of the new heroes from banner. Fix your text dev :p.

chrono01

Its actually my 4th summon in that banner, 3rd one gave Vali. As I now look the banner text ->

That text is misleading: "Guarantees A New Hero"

I have Freya, Vali, So Thor & Guruveigu would be new to me.
But yeah prolly means one of the new heroes from banner. Fix your text dev :p.
I thought the same. They should just say that the third step guarantees you a banner character, not a "new one". I got a dupe (Thor). :(

Do keep in mind that the guarantee only applies to the third step. If you do a fourth multi-pull, it's entirely possible for you to not get a single rainbow orb. :(

Rixa

I thought the same. They should just say that the third step guarantees you a banner character, not a "new one". I got a dupe (Thor). :(

Do keep in mind that the guarantee only applies to the third step. If you do a fourth multi-pull, it's entirely possible for you to not get a single rainbow orb. :(

Ok they seriously should fix the banner :D. I thought 4th time would give guaranteed hero too. Then I just toss 1500 Diamonds to Beginner banner.

chrono01

Ok they seriously should fix the banner :D. I thought 4th time would give guaranteed hero too. Then I just toss 1500 Diamonds to Beginner banner.
They really should.

If you read the fine-print it says something about the steps not being repeated and not going beyond step three. But yeah, it's definitely confusing. :/

If you still have the beginner one available, definitely go for it. And the Halloween one too. Even if you don't get anything (like me), it's hard to beat a multi-pull for half the cost.

Rixa

If you still have the beginner one available, definitely go for it.
Yup will do HW 50% one later. But here is my 50% Beginner. 3* Heim here I come (11 souls now) and SS Helmet to him too.

Screenshot_20161027-133914.png

Ehh 50% Halloween pull 5x 3*, too bad they aint so great. At this rate Loki is fast 4* unit.

Screenshot_20161027-142810.png

Quonny

Holy shit.

Pulled from the Halloween one on my third pull.

Raven Garb
Winged Helm
Momiji
Halloween Loki
Garm-o'-Lantern
Wolfgang

wutttttt

chrono01

Yup will do HW 50% one later. But here is my 50% Beginner. 3* Heim here I come (11 souls now) and SS Helmet to him too.

Screenshot_20161027-133914.png

Ehh 50% Halloween pull 5x 3*, too bad they aint so great. At this rate Loki is fast 4* unit.

Screenshot_20161027-142810.png
Second picture is private again, haha.

I assume the pull was good? In that case, congrats!

Holy shit.

Pulled from the Halloween one on my third pull.

Raven Garb
Winged Helm
Momiji
Halloween Loki
Garm-o'-Lantern
Wolfgang

wutttttt
Yeah, that's a nice pull. Congrats!

You will not tempt me to do another pull! I need to save for the swimsuit gatcha, if we get it. In Japan, it came shortly after the Thor/Gullveig/Vali gatcha, and I really want those characters. I need to save my gems. Assuming we get it when it's not technically summer, but I can't see them waiting 9+ months to give it to us.

Dandte

First of all, thanks to Chrono for the words of solace. Of course i did a multi right before the Thor Banner dropped. Of course i got nothing noteworthy. Then i did the discount pull and got Loki. Well at least a 3*. Afterwards i did the 2k pull and got the new witch. I won't have enough gems for anothter pull and i will save my remaining gems for future banner. I'm currently overwhlemed by the stuff i have so maybe some of you guys can help my with teambuilding.

Btw. Do we have a Gaf Guild?

Also i'm looking forward to SAO and Valiant Force, hopefully both will be great games.

chrono01

First of all, thanks to Chrono for the words of solace. Of course i did a multi right before the Thor Banner dropped. Of course i got nothing noteworthy. Then i did the discount pull and got Loki. Well at least a 3*. Afterwards i did the 2k pull and got the new witch. I won't have enough gems for anothter pull and i will save my remaining gems for future banner. I'm currently overwhlemed by the stuff i have so maybe some of you guys can help my with teambuilding.

Btw. Do we have a Gaf Guild?

Also i'm looking forward to SAO and Valiant Force, hopefully both will be great games
Oh man, congrats! Both Dracula Loki and Idun are great. Idun is actually our first 3* base healer, so she'll be useful for upcoming Connect battles.

I know I saw I wouldn't, but I did a Step 2 summon on the Halloween gatcha. I got Dracula Loki, Witch Idun, a dupe Thor (he'll soon be 4* now!), and a 3* Latent Light Bow. I must say, I really do like these rates. While you're not guaranteed something in a multi-pull, your odds of getting something seem a lot higher than other gatcha games I've played, and there's a lot of "guaranteed" summons too. It's really cool to see.

We should definitely get a GAF guild going.

Does the 20 member limit ever expand?
We should absolutely make a GAF Guild. As for the limit, I don't believe so. :(

Quonny

Yeah it seems that every time you pull you get something good, whether that be a weapon, armor, or character. FeelsGoodMan

chrono01

Yeah it seems that every time you pull you get something good, whether that be a weapon, armor, or character. FeelsGoodMan
It's amazing.

I tried playing a bit of Unison League, since it was another Ateam game that came before this one, and the gatcha in that one...

No thanks.

Valkyrie Connect is the Ateam game for me.

Dandte

Oh man, congrats! Both Dracula Loki and Idun are great. Idun is actually our first 3* base healer, so she'll be useful for upcoming Connect battles.

I know I saw I wouldn't, but I did a Step 2 summon on the Halloween gatcha. I got Dracula Loki, Witch Idun, a dupe Thor (he'll soon be 4* now!), and a 3* Latent Light Bow. I must say, I really do like these rates. While you're not guaranteed something in a multi-pull, your odds of getting something seem a lot higher than other gatcha games I've played, and there's a lot of "guaranteed" summons too. It's really cool to see.

We should absolutely make a GAF Guild. As for the limit, I don't believe so. :(

I meaned the old Loki and the Thor banner witch...oooops

Quonny

Apparently there was an ad in Unison League for VC today. Tons of people in chat saying that they're playing today for the first time. A couple even saying this is better and more fair.

Unison League is pretty big in the west. If they push it, VC could be too.

chrono01

I meaned the old Loki and the Thor banner witch...oooops
Oh, the witch you got is Vulgeil? That's even better, she's amazing! Loki ain't bad either. Congrats again, you did good. I'm glad to see it work out for you!

Apparently there was an ad in Unison League for VC today. Tons of people in chat saying that they're playing today for the first time. A couple even saying this is better and more fair.

Yeah, there's kind of a cross promotion between both games, at the moment. Facebook Like event too, where you get rewards in each game. If we reach our max, we get 900 free Gems and a free Hel (yay?).

I didn't play much of UL, but the little I did play (and from what I read) is that it's a lot more P2W than VC. Less free in-game currency too, and the lower gatcha rates don't seem entirely impressive. Probably a good thing, one less gatcha game to worry about, haha.

If Ateam keeps this up with VC though, I'll be playing it for a while. The story is interesting too, as are the character quests. Freya's... <3.

ReaperXL7

Unison League is a lot of fun imp, it's one of those games that I was always surprised that Gaf never gravitated to especially because of the real time co op. They have even had some pretty big collaborations with stuff like Evangelion, Miku and Fate Stay is coming up soon.

In other news a new Fantastica game launched today, I really like it so far and I think the art is quite nice. It's from Silicon Studio in case anyone was curious about the developer.

http://toucharcade.com/2016/10/27/f...w-rpg-from-the-studio-behind-bravely-default/

screen-1.jpg

20-fantasica-bloodline-1.jpg

In other news a new Fantastica game launched today, I really like it so far and I think the art is quite nice. It's from Silicon Studio in case anyone was curious about the developer.

http://toucharcade.com/2016/10/27/f...w-rpg-from-the-studio-behind-bravely-default/

screen-1.jpg

I just picked up the file today; was disappointed to learn that it didn't seem to run on any of my android emulators.

The first roll being rerollable infinitely is nice; I got a four star witch lady from it. Not super sold on the gameplay mechanics yet but I was plagued with disconnects all morning so I didn't get much time in before work. Love love love the art style though. Music was decent as well.

I'm definitely down for joining a GAF guild in Valkyrie Connect, without a doubt. Right now I've got a real solid roster of characters. Now it's just a matter of time to build them up.

Hopefully the next big banner is some time away -- I'm not sure I'm ready to dump cash into this game yet. Granblue burned me big time on whaling.

ReaperXL7

I just picked up the file today; was disappointed to learn that it didn't seem to run on any of my android emulators.

The first roll being rerollable infinitely is nice; I got a four star witch lady from it. Not super sold on the gameplay mechanics yet but I was plagued with disconnects all morning so I didn't get much time in before work. Love love love the art style though. Music was decent as well.

I'm definitely down for joining a GAF guild in Valkyrie Connect, without a doubt. Right now I've got a real solid roster of characters. Now it's just a matter of time to build them up.

Hopefully the next big banner is some time away -- I'm not sure I'm ready to dump cash into this game yet. Granblue burned me big time on whaling.

Yeah, I've been having connection issues myself since I downloaded it but I'm going to give them a day or two to get those situated. Silicon has a few mobile games (some being pretty good) so I have faith that they can get things squared away on that front.

I really like how they translated the Braverly Defaultish artstyle into this game, really pleasant to look at.

Also if a Gaf Guild is being set up for Valkyrie Connect let me know and I'll join up.

Hmm... Published by DeNa Corps. :O
Suprised people are sticking to VC. I uninstalled after second day of launch.
It's all just auto battles, way moreso than most mobile games.
Originally Posted by http://forum.playvaliantforce.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=466&sid=af05183b585919db5e3de66140bd8343

Q: When will Valiant Force launch in other regions?
A: After Southeast Asia, we are looking to launch the game in Taiwan (including Hong Kong and Macau). We are aiming for a launch in North America and Europe in 2017.

Regions such as Japan, South Korea, and Vietnam will most likely have local publishers operating Valiant Force to provide the best localized support.
I will just try SEA version.
jesus...
They delay the game at first from early summer release, and now global gets the shaft until next year.
Anyway, a lot of people seem unhappy from lack of post-CBT wipe (which was limited for a long while). They kinda screwed up on that part too.

Quonny

I liked Dragon Blaze, even if it was a mindless auto-battler. The problem with DB was that the grind got to be insane and it was incredibly P2W. It had the DBZ problem of fifteen levels of super saiyan.

These auto-battlers replace clickers for me. I don't go to them for deep gameplay. They're something to run on an emulator in the corner of my second monitor while I'm working or on my phone while I wait in line at the grocery store. VC has little to no depth, and that's fine. It's not meant to replace actual games. But I do enjoy it because it is, at least so far, very fair, has nice art, and the chatroom is actually pretty fun to chat in. And the story, at least the character stories, are pretty entertaining if not cheesy as all hell.

I dunno. That's just me. If I wanted depth I wouldn't play a mobile game (outside of some excellent premium games like the Go games or puzzlers). Not even juggernauts like Granblue are complex in any real way.

chrono01

I have to say, Witch Idun has some...*ahem!*...interesting physics. Actually, all of the females do, but Idun really likes to jump up and down.

Also, after completing Freya's Hero Quest, she is seriously "waifu material".

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
Fantastica Bloodlines was just released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Wf5-OyFyg
The characters look pretty good, they remind me of Grandblue Fantasy.

Servers are getting hammered now, they're currently trying to find a fix.

Although DeNA are the publishers, the devs reassured us that DeNA West closing won't impact this, since Silicone Studios (creators of Bravely Default) are the developers.

Edit -
Sorry just noticed ReaperXL7 had just posted about this.

Quonny

Something that immediately stands out about Bloodlines is the resolution of the art. It's incredibly high quality.

Played about an hour of Fantasica: Bloodlines.

As a poster said, your first premium draw can be rerolled as much as you want without leaving the menu. Smart move. As for the gameplay, we'll see. The basic flow is that you have melee, ranged, and healers. Melee take way, way less damage than ranged. At least so far, enemies can take out a ranged in 4-5 hits whereas a melee can straight up face tank for days. You can move either all your characters at once by tapping an enemy or a location on the screen, or you can move just one unit by tapping their icon on your screen. Combat so far is just "get your melee in there, move your ranged out of attack range". That said, there is potential here. If bosses have area attack you have to dodge, or weakpoints you have to maneuver to, or other certain mechanics, it could be a challenging little game. They say there are two different ways to play, but I've only experienced one.

Story is pretty standard but it is told well. Outside of the prologue having a really cringey meme, it's been solid. They're pushing the whole seiyuu thing, so the VA should be good for those that understand it.

As for the gacha, from what I've seen it looks like it's the middle of the road, at least from the free reroll draw. 75% 3*, 25% 4*. They do not display the draw rates. You'll notice on their website that this game is NOT available in Japan, yet all the spoken dialogue is Japanese. They are likely publishing a different version for the Japanese market where we will be able to see the rates. Seems to be a pretty good number of units at launch to draw from. Will be interesting to see the meta, as this is completely new. There is a kinda interesting gem system that reminds me a bit of the Tales of Zesteria skill board system with lining up colored gems to get bonuses.

Constant disconnections are a real pain, though.

Overall, we'll see. The presentation really is gorgeous and the music is great.

The first pull is infinitely rerollable too -- the game lets you immediate roll again if you're not content with the character you've pulled. There looks to be little to no community as far as I can see though. Not even sure if there's a reddit for it.

Everyone gets the preregister rewards as well -- some four star character based off a voice actress and 900 gems. (Which is not a lot don't be fooled!)

It has a system similar to Clash Royale however, where you pull chests after a battle and must unlock them with time or gems. It looks like you can slide the chests you don't want out for the ones you do, though.

If anyone finds an emulator that works for it, let me know. My little S6 is not great for playing games on.

ReaperXL7

For my first rerollable pull for bloodlines I decided on a 4* monk who's skill raises the parties atk for 20 seconds. I think the game could be pretty awesome but they really need to fix the connection issues as quickly as possible since it will easily put people off the game.

Still can't get over how great the art is.

Caim

Unison League is a lot of fun imp, it's one of those games that I was always surprised that Gaf never gravitated to especially because of the real time co op. They have even had some pretty big collaborations with stuff like Evangelion, Miku and Fate Stay is coming up soon.

screen-1.jpg

The art is incredible. Probably the easiest way to get me to try a game. Will try it out.

Quonny

JESUS. The difficulty spike in chapter 2 is insane.

I dunno if I like Bloodlines very much. It's not very satisfying to play and the controls are awful. I'm constantly selecting characters instead of moving. It's just not precise and the AI is completely braindead. Later levels have a lot of obstacles and the units keep getting stuck. Skills are also impossible to land and require exact movement.

Yeah, the more I play, the less I like. The controls are awful and ruin what could be a fun game. The fact that you can select units by tapping on their character model is such a backwards decision when you have 10+ units on the map all running around in crazy directions chasing enemies or trying to get around obstacles.

JESUS. The difficulty spike in chapter 2 is insane.

I dunno if I like Bloodlines very much. It's not very satisfying to play and the controls are awful. I'm constantly selecting characters instead of moving. It's just not precise and the AI is completely braindead. Later levels have a lot of obstacles and the units keep getting stuck. Skills are also impossible to land and require exact movement.

Yeah, the more I play, the less I like. The controls are awful and ruin what could be a fun game. The fact that you can select units by tapping on their character model is such a backwards decision when you have 10+ units on the map all running around in crazy directions chasing enemies or trying to get around obstacles.

I tap on their portraits rather than the model itself. That would be a huge pain in the ass to do, haha.

I feel you though. I haven't played it much because of the constant disconnect issues, but I have a general feeling I'm going to feel the same way.

Quonny

I tap on their portraits rather than the model itself. That would be a huge pain in the ass to do, haha.

I feel you though. I haven't played it much because of the constant disconnect issues, but I have a general feeling I'm going to feel the same way.

I used poor wording. I meant to say that you shouldn't be able to select a unit by tapping on their actual character model, because it leads to a lot of accidental unit selections when you intended to move.

chrono01

I tried Fantastica Bloodlines, the connection errors were fantastic. Game seems....alright, but the constant disconnects, especially during loading screens that forces me to kill the app and restart, is irritating. I might just spend a bit of time re-rolling to see how many nice 4*+ cards I can get with my first three rolls, since playing the game outright at this moment in time just isn't happening. I refuse to do it with all of the disconnects.

Rixa

Second picture is private again, haha.

I assume the pull was good? In that case, congrats!
1-Screenshot_20161027-142810.png

I tried Fantastica Bloodlines, the connection errors were fantastic. Game seems....alright, but the constant disconnects, especially during loading screens that forces me to kill the app and restart, is irritating. I might just spend a bit of time re-rolling to see how many nice 4*+ cards I can get with my first three rolls, since playing the game outright at this moment in time just isn't happening. I refuse to do it with all of the disconnects.

Prolly not going in either :)

Azusa

jesus...
They delay the game at first from early summer release, and now global gets the shaft until next year.
Anyway, a lot of people seem unhappy from lack of post-CBT wipe (which was limited for a long while). They kinda screwed up on that part too.

I think its wrong. It shouldn't be a problem to be good in mobage if you didnt start day one. If you need to start day one to be good in mobage then something is wrong with game design. New people will constantly join and they should have a chance to git gut and get end game items/chars. I really dont get why so many people ask for a wipe.

If they do a wipe then the game is ruined for sure.

Prolly not going in either :)
What are you playing? I clearly missed some release. Is it good?

Top Bottom