• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

aitakute

Man, Lineage has the worst gacha rate in any game I've ever played. Have been rerolling like 50+ times and not a single UR yet. Only one time with 2 SR in a roll. And UR isn't even the rarest

Yaari

Got Mami. \o/

Nice. I never even seen what a 4* looks like. I pulled a 10 roll with 4* of those item Madoka's and thought I was super lucky, until someone had to break the news to me. Ugh.

The rerolling in this game takes forever. I cant macro it either.

ReaperXL7

Just a heads up for anyone who enjoys BlackJack. Nexon just released a gacha blackjack game called Battlejack. Seems pretty good so far but only had time to play for a bit

Quonny

Just a heads up for anyone who enjoys BlackJack. Nexon just released a gacha blackjack game called Battlejack. Seems pretty good so far but only had time to play for a bit
It's like a mix of Puzzle and Dragons with the Clash Royale chest system. I actually quite like it.

I've been playing it today. The aesthetic of the game is very similar to Clash Royale with the battles being pretty much exactly like PnD but with Blackjack, so it feels a bit more luck-based than most gacha games.

Rixa

It's like a mix of Puzzle and Dragons with the Clash Royale chest system. I actually quite like it.

I've been playing it today. The aesthetic of the game is very similar to Clash Royale with the battles being pretty much exactly like PnD but with Blackjack, so it feels a bit more luck-based than most gacha games.

Hop in. I made guild for GAFers.

Screenshot_20170825-133144.png

I didnt bother to reroll. It took ~15mins to get first summoning scroll and I got 4* Ent from there, figured Ill go with it.

MiTYH

BattleJack is... fun! If it didn't have chest timers. Who ever thinks that's a fun idea? Oh right, games that want money...

Seriously, playing through Chapter ONE, I got 4 15 second timers, than a 12 hour one. Just... what?

Rare summon ticket got me 4-star Green Dragon Raziel. Guess I'll keep it up as a leader.

But yeah, 0 idea how to search for a guild. I see some random ones, and there's a friends tab. Please don't say you need to be friends to find the guild... Can't even find my friend ID.

Rixa

I dont have idea how to make guild invite only, not even sure its possible cause I couldn't alter "Open" text. Now its already full. Most randoms I think. Rellik I know others prolly not, also I don't know how to add guild members as friends.

Ie. Cant add Rellik to my friend list...

Z3M0G

Wow, 3 new hero's in King's Raid with today's update... not sure what to think... I'm still waiting for Selene's swimsuit to appear...

aitakute

Just read that article. Danmemo is only the first step. 3 big companies are working to bring more anime games to the West.
Danmemo will be available early 2018

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
Final Fantasy Awakening, it's out in SE Asia, and there's an English language option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFVSN0ogZ2o

Here's the APK
https://zzhxyn-download.vsplay.com/apk/FFAWAKENINGID.apk

Notes:
- Althought there's a VIP system it doesn't offer a huge edge, since many F2P players are still excelling
- Auto battle
- Tons of daily events
- Free premium character draw daily
- Every 10th pull guarantees a legendary char
- Good cinematics and cutscenes
- For a mobile ARPG, high quality
- Easy to get a significant amount of premium currency regularly, from doing dailies
- One of the companies involved, also developed Torchlight mobile. And in this game, they later banned IP's outside of SE region. So consider this possibility, before spending real money.

Dandte

Final Fantasy Awakening, it's out in SE Asia, and there's an English language option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFVSN0ogZ2o

Here's the APK
https://zzhxyn-download.vsplay.com/apk/FFAWAKENINGID.apk

Notes:
- Althought there's a VIP system it doesn't offer a huge edge, since many F2P players are still excelling
- Auto battle
- Tons of daily events
- Free premium character draw daily
- Every 10th pull guarantees a legendary char
- Good cinematics and cutscenes
- For a mobile ARPG, high quality
- Easy to get a significant amount of premium currency regularly, from doing dailies
- One of the companies involved, also developed Torchlight mobile. And in this game, they later banned IP's outside of SE region. So consider this possibility, before spending real money.

I should have downloaded it when it realeased...oopsie, didn't thought it would get attention on Gaf.

Idolm@ster SideM: Live on St@ge is out-ish today. You can't actually play the game since the servers aren't up yet, but you can admire the title screen.

Joe Molotov

Yeah, I'm liking it a lot too. It works well as a mindless game with pretty lights.

There are enough knobs to turn and levers to pull to make it feel like I'm accomplishing something without (so far) paying any money. I'm up to Lv. 14 and my party power is ~1100. I just cleared Walburg in the story.

chrono01

For Whom the Alchemist Exists is going Global
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ZE6X1vDkc

Don't screw this up gumi :p
Definitely worth playing if you like srpg
Please Gumi, be kind to us. Do not let this be another Chain Chronicle situation. I know it isn't a big IP like Final Fantasy or anything, but please let this thing live.

Thanks for the post, some really nice art here (I'll take your word on the gameplay portion, but it does look interesting from the video). Also, Yoko Shimomura does the OP, that has to count for something.

Jeffrey

doesn't gumi already have a srpg? phantom kill something.

Just don't feel like that genre works that well for mobage. Everyone one i tried the controls feel too finicky...

actually fire emblem is ok, but i got bored of that quickly lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
doesn't gumi already have a srpg? phantom kill something.

Just don't feel like that genre works that well for mobage. Everyone one i tried the controls feel too finicky...

actually fire emblem is ok, but i got bored of that quickly lol
This is by the same people :p

Quonny

I'm scared to invest any real time into a non-IP gacha game in the west. Probably my next one will be that DanMachi game.

Azusa

For Whom the Alchemist Exists is more than a year old and still strong in Japan. I tried to play it but its not simple as fgo and too troublesome to play in japanese. I had to refer to discord or google translate too often to enjoy it.

At least its a Fuji&gumi game and there is hope that gumi wont abandon it like they did with sega Chain Chronicle global.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
FML, UtaMacorss is doing a summer event now with Sheryl in a bikini as pullable. :/
I wanted to save all my resources for Sayonara no Tsubasa too...

chrono01

For those that don't follow the OT, Terra Battle 2 will be releasing September 14th, both in Japan as well as Globally. They have a pre-registration going on right now (that's secondary to the initial pre-registration, where you can earn yourself a Hiso as well as unlock a bunch of additional goodies), where you can roll on online gacha five times a day (+ another five if you send out a tweet after linking your account to one) for characters, including three SS ones.

The website is in Japanese, and it's for the PC version of TB2, and there's no guarantee that it'll be valid for the Global game when it hits. Since it's a shared server however, I'm sure you'll be able to redeem it on the Japanese client and log into the Global one and still have earned it (that's the way the PC/mobile versions of TB1 worked, anyway). Or maybe they'll have it so you can redeem the code right in the mobile app, there's no way in telling until it releases.

Regardless, it's worth doing if you're even a little interested in trying out TB2, as it only takes a few minutes in the day to do. Here's the website (first you need to create a DMM account).

http://igetgacha-netgame.dmm.com/campaign/show/terra2

Click the orange button on the page, link your twitter account, and roll. You can save your last pull or continue saving your previous, so if you manage to get an S character keep trying for an SS one. You have nothing to lose, as you won't lose that S character unless you choose to overwrite it.

ReaperXL7

Got my first 6-star character in Battlejack.

Party Size: 20 *cries*

To be honest once leveled a bit he could probably Solo a lot of early content for farming, the divine tag is very useful.

I haven't gotten a six * just yet but I have a few that have the potential. I'm surprised by how easy it is to farm some fairly strong characters straight from the beginning, the Dragons that combo with the starter characters are very useful since they have color change and an ace draw.

Bulzeeb

I've been playing Fate GO for a while as my first gacha game and I admit I've liked it
havent spent a dime and plan to keep it that way
so what are other recommendations to keep in parallel while I wait for my fate points to refill?

Top Bottom