• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

Some great announcements over the past couple of days.

KEYTALK will release a new single on March 4th, more info later.

[Alexandros]'s new double a-side single will be released on March 18th. ワタリドリ will be used as the theme song for the drama Onna Kudoki Meshi.

Fujifabric will release two concept albums this year. They'll be called BOYS and GIRLS. More info later.

Tesla ha Nakanai will release a mini-album called ONE on March 4th.
YHnOjsk.jpg
opKuUeu.jpg

Grabbed the latest Rockin'on Japan issue today. Comes with a bonus CD featuring promising newcomers such as 04 Limited Sazabys, go!go!vanillas, WANIMA... and a photobook of KANA-BOON!

New Flower

Flower 『TOMORROW ~しあわせの法則~』
Spoiler:
It's boring.

Meanwhile, the last E-Girls album is getting some serious replays on my end. I didn't see it coming.

I like it, it's nice and chill. I've read it's a digital single too so I'm not holding it to such a high standard. Also yeah, E-girls new album isn't all that bad, quite enjoying that.

I miss BRIGHT. Hopefully Nanaka finds some success in her solo career.

She uploaded a cover today, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnRFGkREnY0

A beautiful cover, it's such a shame BRIGHT had to disband when they were so talented and had such potential but at least Nanaka is trying, that's nice to see.

Kurita

BLUE ENCOUNT have been really growing on me lately, they really are one of the most promising pop-punk band right now. Looking forward to their first single in a few weeks.
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/BLUE-ENCOUNT---Motto-Hikari-wo/e793ce91fce5b8477de9d0b7fc419ea8

FOLKS revealed the cover for their upcoming mini-album. I love it. Simple but it definitely fits the title.
Check their latest PV http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/FOLKS---Fuyu-no-Himawari/fcd89b5415a1664808bc05399f2e7b8a

Flower Companyz are also releasing a new album in two weeks. I've been listening a lot to them recently and I have to say they've become one of my favorite "old" bands. Kinda sad they're not as well known as acts like the pillows in the West even though they're from the same generation.
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Flower-Companyz---short-hopes/53af354aaee8f91c9d2bfe53085ae963

"listen, we know you've probably given up trying to remember them all, so we're just going to write their names on their faces now."

the new Lui Frontic 赤羽 JAPAN single (teaser) sounds pretty ok. at least, it's the closest they've come to getting my attention.

also looks like they finally removed Matsukuma's name (松隈) from the band name. it was weird they kept it for a while after he quit

Aizo

Banned
Huh. When did Blood Stain Child get a female singer? I stopped listening to them when they stopped sounding like Children of Bodom.

thank you NEXT Shoujo Ziken and NECRONOMIDOL for your contribution to my collection

oh, and speaking of NEXT, they put out a live video for a new song. I'm kind of into it.

e: I guess they settled on Ziken as the romanization

e2: http://natalie.mu/music/news/136060

Assuming I'm reading this correctly, Pla2me announced a mini-album at their recent show. Good news. I've really enjoyed what they've put out so far. 盗られそう off the Unit single especially rules

Slowdive

Banned
Bis' original manager is putting together a new idol group called BiSH.

Looks like there was some truth to those rumours, Namie Amuro has left Rising and gone to Dimension Point, which is under Avex.

Bis' original manager is putting together a new idol group called BiSH.

hahaha I just saw that on natalie. Matsukuma is also possibly involved? That dude has a lot on his plate these days. I mean, let's face it, I'll listen to pretty much anything that Matsukuma produces, but forgive me if I'm a little hesitant to get excited at this.

almost lends some credence to my theory that they killed BiS to not have to deal with Pour Lui anymore.

Matsukuma is producing. Here's their Twitter.

You're right. "松隈ケンタプロデュース"

Well at least the music is in good hands. the Billie Idle clips I heard didn't blow my skirt up; same for Coshoji's new group. My hopes for post-BiS projects are slowly being deflated.

Slowdive

Banned
hahaha I just saw that on natalie. Matsukuma is also possibly involved? That dude has a lot on his plate these days. I mean, let's face it, I'll listen to pretty much anything that Matsukuma produces, but forgive me if I'm a little hesitant to get excited at this.

almost lends some credence to my theory that they killed BiS to not have to deal with Pour Lui anymore.

Matsukuma is producing. Here's their Twitter.

Kurita

Purchases of the day

LAMP IN TERREN - silver lining
Their major debut mini-album. One of the first rookies to debut this year. If the others are as good as them, well, 2015 is gonna be mindblowing. Amazing emotional rock songs. A-Sketch got a new fantastic band in their roster.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1239V3xkY4

The Cheserasera - WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE
Their first full album. They released two fantastic mini-albums last year, and this full album definitely is a an upgrade. They were among the best rookies of 2014 and I'm sure they'll become big! (well I hope)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ijC1Hqmcg

Nothing's Carved In Stone - Gravity
Well, they're an untouchable band imo. Flawless musicianship as usual, interesting yet accessible melodies... They're too fucking good. Guess they'll drop an album this year like they always do, can't wait.
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Nothin...ne---Gravity/bdd1bf82549bd027dade1c70b6eec23d

Kyuso Nekokami - Happy Ponkotsu Land
One of the wackiest bands in Japan right now. Catchy tunes, funny lyrics, no wonder why they're so popular.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H75OeJYUcs

Zoe

Looks like there was some truth to those rumours, Namie Amuro has left Rising and gone to Dimension Point, which is under Avex.

I don't think much will change. She hasn't associated herself with any of the other Rising acts since 1999.

Kurita

tracklist for the new Dempagumi Inc album was released

1. でんぱな世界 ~It’s a dempa world~
2. でんぱーりーナイト
3. ダンス ダンス ダンス
4. NEO JAPONISM
5. FD2 ~レゾンデートル大冒険~
6. ちゅるりちゅるりら
7. まもなく、でんぱ組.incが離陸致します♡
8. Dear☆Stageへようこそ♡
9. バリ3共和国
10. ファンシーほっぺ♡ウ・フ・フ
11. 檸檬色
12. ブランニューワールド
13. イロドリセカイ
14. サクラあっぱれーしょん

looks like just about half the songs are new, unless I'm overlooking some obscure b-sides I've missed. can't wait!

e: I think 1, 3, 4, 5, and 13 are the only ones that are new. 7 was the b-side to 8.

13 is a Judy and Mary cover.

vanty

tracklist for the new Dempagumi Inc album was released

1. でんぱな世界 ~It’s a dempa world~
2. でんぱーりーナイト
3. ダンス ダンス ダンス
4. NEO JAPONISM
5. FD2 ~レゾンデートル大冒険~
6. ちゅるりちゅるりら
7. まもなく、でんぱ組.incが離陸致します♡
8. Dear☆Stageへようこそ♡
9. バリ3共和国
10. ファンシーほっぺ♡ウ・フ・フ
11. 檸檬色
12. ブランニューワールド
13. イロドリセカイ
14. サクラあっぱれーしょん

looks like just about half the songs are new, unless I'm overlooking some obscure b-sides I've missed. can't wait!

e: I think 1, 3, 4, 5, and 13 are the only ones that are new. 7 was the b-side to 8.

13 is a Judy and Mary cover.

Comes out in like a month yeah? hyuyyyyyyyyype

First time posting here. Jpop was my first love before getting into kpop.
I had a family member who used to be in the military and he would bring back jpop cds and other stuff.

Utada Hikaru's Distance was one of the first cds I heard and I fell in love with her ever since. This was before KH and all that and since I was one of few who had exposure to this early on in my area I appreciated it in silence as some wouldn't get it.

Then after her I got into Exile,Namie Amuro,Jay'ed,Malice Mizer and others.
Since then my tastes have grown and I like so many artists from multiple genres in japanese music.

Perfume is an act I did not get into until recently like literally a week ago.
But this song is my favorite already
Fushizen Na Girl

Set list for the blu ray:
Opening
Cling Cling
Handy Man
Clockwork
レーザービーム
いじわるなハロー
I still love U
恋は前傾姿勢
EPISODE 0
エレクトロ・ワールド
DISPLAY
SEVENTH HEAVEN
「P.T.A.」のコーナー
Party Maker
GLITTER
セラミックガール
ジェニーはご機嫌ななめ
チョコレイト・ディスコ
Hold Your Hand
[特典映像/ENCORE] リニアモーターガール

[特典映像/ENCORE] Perfume

[特典映像/ENCORE] 願い

No 575, no NIGHT FLIGHT :(
Why are my favorite songs the ones they almost never doooooo
only recordings of those songs are on:
Chokkaku Nitohen Sankakkei ( NIGHT FLIGHT )
Tokyo Dome (575)

but yea I might buy the blu ray,not sure, rather get the BUMP OF CHICKEN or Nothing Carved In Stone ones first.

Kurita

Oh yeah I really need Nothing's Carved In Stone's new live DVD. Same for BUMP, though I'm a bit disappointed that the setlist is only 14 songs long.

Top Bottom