• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

I think I'll wait yeah.

Bought 8 albums of GRAPEVINE today at Book Off. I only know a handful of songs by these guys but it cost me 8 euros so...
Time to get into their music!

Superflat

B80xGwiCYAA2pkU.jpg

Happy twintail day errbody! Kojiharu says hi

I plan on seeing them when and if they come back to LA. no doubt about it!

I'm looking forward to a new album very much so. I fucking loved the Cling Cling single (especially Display!) so I wouldn't mind more of that as well as more stuff like Party Maker. Hell, I wouldn't mind more of Level 3 as a whole!

FAKE IT and GAME were my favorite live performances from the 2014 LA concert; It was nuts all around. Enter the Sphere and Party Maker are my favorites from Level3.

I like the tricot song. Basically sounds like something off T H E or school children and the cosmo. I am not a fan of that marching snare sound, however, nor am I ecstatic about the idea of multiple drummers and different drum sounds. I guess it's noble of them to give a nod to the musicians of their scene but yeah, consistency of production is important to me when it comes to bands specifically.

Kurita

Space Shower's Music Video Awards nominees :
http://mva.jp/bestvideos/

My picks would be androp's Shout, キュウソネコカミ's ビビった, ハンサムケンヤ's とおりゃんせ and amazarashi's 穴を掘っている.
I love a lot of artists in this list (KANA-BOON, BUMP OF CHICKEN, [Alexandros]...) but the videos weren't amazing.

Space Shower's Music Video Awards nominees :
http://mva.jp/bestvideos/

My picks would be androp's Shout, キュウソネコカミ's ビビった, ハンサムケンヤ's とおりゃんせ and amazarashi's 穴を掘っている.
I love a lot of artists in this list (KANA-BOON, BUMP OF CHICKEN, [Alexandros]...) but the videos weren't amazing.

Uh, where's Flower's 熱帯魚の涙? or even 秋風のアンサ?! both are incredibly beautiful PVs.

Kansoku

lol today I remembered I haven't seen any news for SHISHAMO in a while, so I went check out their site and saw new album + MV. If I checked it yesterday I wouldn't see it.

well if you checked four posts down, you definitely would have seen it lol.

the new bassist has so much more presence/personality it's hard not to notice her immediately, especially in the first PV they put out with her. Had to double take when I learned both of their names at the same time; Aya Matsuoka is the replacement for Aya Matsumoto.

Slowdive

Banned
Knowing Oomori it's more parody than a tribute, I saw some angry GLAY fangirls on Twitter earlier.

What do people think of the new Daoko?

Slowdive

Banned
I need to give it another listen to really say, but it seems pretty good. Not too different than her previous stuff.

Those are pretty much my thoughts too.

Edit: Just had another listen, I had only heard it once and I wasn't really concentrating, it's pretty great I think.

Larsa

huh, so somebody pointed out that is is kind of a parody/tribute to an older GLAY video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlDHwlq5SQ

tumblr_nj7eyjCE6D1s8ty6ro1_400.gif
tumblr_nj7eyjCE6D1s8ty6ro5_250.gif
ayyy, I made those gifs. The Internet is a small place.

What do people think of the new Daoko?
It's pretty great. I think I might prefer Gravity overall, but that might change. 7日間創造 and Dimension are the best songs. Excited to see what she will do now since this was her last album with LHW.

Guys I'm waiting a few feet away from the stage to finally see Soutaiseiriron. Please share in my excitement as I couldn't find anyone who wanted to come with me. Also I don't see any other gaijin

Slowdive

Banned
or at least, Oomori's english-speaking fanbase is a relatively small place. looks like we're both friends with kittysblues on tumblr. :D

One of my favourite tumblrs. Speaking of, I just saw that I'm somehow not following you anymore Larsa, don't know how that happened there.

Kazzy

Other than E.G. Time (which Is super boring), I haven't really bought anything lately. Would anyone care to give me a roundup of significant material?

I will probably pilgrimage to Shibuya Tower Records at the weekend, and load up on stuff.

Top Bottom