• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

It took me entirely too long to figure out what this is. (Dempagumi.inc song)

So I guess there's a new Ultraman movie coming out in March, and judging by this trailer Moga (if not the whole group) has a role in the movie.

This song, and a second one, appear to be not related to the movie though, and instead are part of a pachinko tie-in. The second video is on the pachi info site

convoluted bullshit, but the short of it is, 2 new Dempa songs on March 4th

Blackheim

I need new music. What are some essential 80s pop albums (women vocals strongly preferred) that aren't Togawa Jun-related?

I'm very partial to Akina Nakamori (中森明菜), a lot of songs seem to have been taken down so, here's a few I could find:

少女A
スローモーション
幻惑されて
セカンド・ラブ

Yukiko Okada (岡田有希子):

Love Fair
あなたを忘れる魔法があれば

Kyoko Koizumi (小泉今日子): 木枯しに抱かれて

I'm very partial to Akina Nakamori (中森明菜), a lot of songs seem to have been taken down so, here's a few I could find:

少女A
幻惑されて

Yukiko Okada (岡田有希子):

Love Fair

These songs in particular are exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. I'll track some of those down. Thanks!

Slowdive

Banned
vf6gzT2.jpg

taopriest

Kansoku

Great news y'all - tricot new album AND streaming in full online pre-release http://tricot.tv/andspecial/ . Going to listen to it now.

I'm listening to it, and so far it's pretty great. Loving 色の無い水槽 and 神戸ナンバー, and damn that keyboard in ぱい~ん.

EDIT: Finished it. CBG and QFF are amazing. 庭 is pretty much 夢見がちな少女、舞い上がる、空へ 2.0, I like it.

Question: that lone tape on the last shelf, does it play something? When I put it, it doesn't. Also, the url of the paper say lyrics, but it's just the track list?

apparently there's a new Suiyobi no Campanella single/video on 3/7 but I haven't seen any info on it apart from KOM_I changing her twitter name

Peru

The tricot album is really great but I'm stopping myself from listening to more until the real release with proper audio quality is out. Meanwhile here's Motifour giving us a peak behind the scenes of each song http://tricot.tv/archives/2842

CBG is the Komaki tune. On Shoku-Taku Ikkyu/Motifour's doing the drums..?

BILLIE IDLE (ex-BiS) just announced their first album will be out April 1st. The lead single will be out tomorrow (or more accurately, in 4 hours) on itunes.

listen here

yeah this is pretty fucking stupid.

I like it.

being stupid and me liking it aren't mutually exclusive states.

having said that, this song was by far the dumbest of all the samples I had heard, so that's encouraging.

give it a few days, see if it grows on me. my infatuation with Uika is too strong to be discouraged this easily.

LayLa

listen here

yeah this is pretty fucking stupid.

after listening to this a couple of times I quite like the song and the new girls voices, but it sounds like it was recorded in garageband in an afternoon for $5, a rough demo using some crummy midi synth that was lying around. hope the rest of the album doesn't sound as cheap :/

Kurita

SHISHAMO are going to do a live show at the Budokan next January. I like them a lot but that seems a bit fast...
Hyped for the album tomorrow anyway!

after listening to this a couple of times I quite like the song and the new girls voices, but it sounds like it was recorded in garageband in an afternoon for $5, a rough demo using some crummy midi synth that was lying around. hope the rest of the album doesn't sound as cheap :/

I woke up with the chorus in my head so my rational self is losing to my subconscious. The amazon listing says they're on Space Shower's label (I didn't see that anywhere else), and they've got NIGO on board, so I'm not sure why it sounds so crummy. Not that I'm against bedroom-quality music but it doesn't seem to fit here.

I do really like that chorus

This is really interesting.

They've been killing it non-stop for over a year now. Absolutely in love with all things Ebichu. Really curious who's producing this project.

Tokarev is so good that it's pissing me off. Did you really have to break up before releasing this?

sigh

e: ugh, this version of Over the Party is so good

e2: also that new Dempagumi.inc single came out and it's really good but man it's worlds apart between these two releases

broz0rs

AKB48 has a new single "Green Flash." It's the first time in their 10 year existence that there's rap parts in one of their songs. Their "rapper" is Takamina who is one of their most senior members and will graduate later this year.

tumblr_nknak5YgyX1s5a0xjo4_500.gif

tumblr_nknak5YgyX1s5a0xjo1_500.gif

tumblr_nknak5YgyX1s5a0xjo3_500.gif

tumblr_nknak5YgyX1s5a0xjo2_500.gif

Peru

Yeah we've mentioned the tricot stream, someone uploaded the album as well but it's just the stream rip with cassette sounds and all. Album sounds fantastic but at this point I'm going to wait until better quality audio, ie the official release, is out.

Yeah we've mentioned the tricot stream, someone uploaded the album as well but it's just the stream rip with cassette sounds and all. Album sounds fantastic but at this point I'm going to wait until better quality audio, ie the official release, is out.

oh damn this thread moves fast.

the wait for the album begins...

yeah I got through about half of the cassette site before deciding to just wait for the full thing. I've got no shortage of other great new music to hold me over until then.

have only heard the PV song and will not listen to another shred of tricot until I have A N D in my hands.

on that note, I missed my chance to score a copy of their Last Step CD-R. Pretty pissed.

少女A
スローモーション
幻惑されて
セカンド・ラブ

Yukiko Okada (岡田有希子):

Love Fair
あなたを忘れる魔法があれば

thanks for this, been trying to discover older music and this is the kind of stuff I was looking for.

Kurita

I wanted to buy it. I wish Japanese Amazon would accept my card. Let's me buy manga, but won't let me use the card for music? I don't understand. :cry
Yeah it's kinda weird that they don't accept foreign cards for digital music.
It's 2015 and online music stores are still a mess. LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY

Aizo

Banned
Yeah it's kinda weird that they don't accept foreign cards for digital music.
It's 2015 and online music stores are still a mess. LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY

I can buy anything else I want. I could ship things to my apartment in Tokyo, buy manga digitally, but I can't buy digital music. I don't understand.

yeah I'm still doing the two account method for amazon digital music. they'll let you buy gift cards with your foreign credit card. but then you also have to use a vpn with your second account because you can't even make mp3 purchases with store credit with a non-JP IP address

but yes, bandcamp and ototoy whenever possible because they dgaf

Kurita

Bandcamp >
99% of the artists I listen to don't use it (even indie artists) so...

I just buy iTunes cards to get stuff on the Japanese store when it's not available on iTunes/Amazon MP3 in France. It's still way cheaper than importing CDs so at the end of the day I'm not that annoyed.

So I just got back from two weeks in Japan, and it's ridiculous how the Tower Records stores all seem to be better stocked than even indie record stores here. Also, hilarious being the one person standing in line to NOT buy the new AKB48 single on Tuesday night. Before I figured out what was going on I was trying to figure out why the line was suddenly three times longer than any other Tower line I'd been in. Grainy phone haul pic:

I didn't even know OK?NO!! had a new album coming out so that was great. Also, the random Saint Etienne album was an impulse Japanese-release-of-British-album buy.

Including the game soundtracks I also picked up, I think I ended up dumping $400+ on CDs. When Japanese record stores die, it'll be the end of an era for sure.

Top Bottom