• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Larsa

^ hmm, not the biggest fan of the autotune parts. It's also really easy to tell it's a tofubeats production. Hope the album releasing next month is good. Weird how it's so soon after Dimension.

I still haven't seen any further information on it. for someone who just signed to a major label (I guess??), it's shockingly difficult to find news about her.

the autotune there is subtle enough that it doesn't really bother me.

Slowdive

Banned
^ hmm, not the biggest fan of the autotune parts. It's also really easy to tell it's a tofubeats production. Hope the album releasing next month is good. Weird how it's so soon after Dimension.

Yeah I'm not so keen on the auto tune either.

It's strange, today is the first day she's mentioned it. you'd think her first major album would be announced well before it's out with a big press release and everything.

@Stumpsock Yeah.

Kurita

Hnnnngh, need that GOOD ROCKS issue about the Kansai rock scene.
tumblr_njvdt3KtKV1r8n81ao1_540.jpg
KANA-BOON are obviously on the cover since they're the currently the most successful rock band coming from this area but it also talks about Kyuso Nekokami, tricot, THE ORAL CIGARETTES, Yoru no Honki Dance...

ONE OK ROCK are looking for supporting acts for their upcoming tour. They didn't ask bands they know because they want to put the spotlight on young and unknown artists, so basically everybody can apply here : https://buzz.getstage.com/oneokrock/detail
Really cool initiative.

shockingly cogent sick burn

dude did every idol in japan just learn about vine like two weeks ago? because holy shit social media is just packed with unfunny idol vines lately.

it's 755 (7gogo.jp)

after giving it some time, I feel like that daoko song is more interesting than anything on Dimension? I'm suddenly really curious to hear the rest of the album.

Is the new Capsule streaming anywhere yet? Furthermore, is Capsule even on Spotify? I can't find it if so, which is kind of strange given that Perfume and Kyary are up there.

In any case, any opinions yet?

Is the new Capsule streaming anywhere yet? Furthermore, is Capsule even on Spotify? I can't find it if so, which is kind of strange given that Perfume and Kyary are up there.

In any case, any opinions yet?

Far as i know no Capsule new album isnt streaming anyway where, it will be Itunes Tomorrow for $10.99( in the US at least)

double post, wrong thread!

e: I guess I'll use this post to say that Wave Runner is better as a whole than the individual tracks that were previewed indicated.

still too much robot voice, and FUUUUCK the stupid "WHOAAA OHHH" stuff

I guess the good news is that between this and Level 3, it sounds like Nakata is learning how to properly sequence an album.

Really short though. That's not really a complaint, more of a surprise.

Kurita

I've been listening to ONE OK ROCK's latest album for a week now. Such a great release once again. While the previous one was quite innovative I'd say this new album is a good combination of everything I've liked about Niche Syndrome, Zankyo Reference and Jinsei x Boku =. The screams in this album sound straight out of Niche Syndrome, and the electronic parts from Jinsei are back so I'm in heaven.
Biggest suprise of this album is the featuring. I was expecting a dull song with a vocalist from a random US band and... holy damn it's amazing. Really fun and catchy song! I actually dig the other guy's voice. Even the slower songs that I usually find boring are pretty neat, not sleep-inducing like All Mine, Pierce...
Good job guys. Definitely as good as their previous releases. One by One, Stuck in the middle and Take me to the top are my favorite non-single songs.

2015 is off to a great start thanks to amazing albums by ONE OK ROCK, KANA-BOON, The Cheserasera, Kyuso Nekokami, indigo la End, LAMP IN TERREN...

Aizo

Banned
I got a couple Hierophant Green (obviously JoJo inspired) albums a few months ago. Pretty funky and awesome.

I think I'll listen to the new Capsule album on the way to the airport today.

10995090_648088755295298_1743462163_n.jpg

man... I'd love a vinyl copy of the new Dempagumi but 5980 yen before shipping is a bad joke at best.

the Ebichu dorama BD set is 19000 yen. :\ that's 11 half hour episodes and some bonus content.

goddamn otaku, stop encouraging pricing like this.

LayLa

10995090_648088755295298_1743462163_n.jpg

man... I'd love a vinyl copy of the new Dempagumi but 5980 yen before shipping is a bad joke at best.

wow who is selling it for that price? Jetset are selling it for ¥3,900 before shipping (edit: should be ¥3,611 if outside JPN), which is still far too much :/
(although I got the BiS 2LP comp from them the other day for the same price, me=sucker)

It was on Amazon but I didn't notice that it was a third-party seller. 3900 is approaching a reasonable price, even though I think spending more than $25 for a record is insanity. maybe $30 for a 2xLP

Aizo

Banned
While driving in rush hour traffic to the airport, listening to Wave Runner, Dreamin' Boy filled me with anxiety.

While driving in rush hour traffic to the airport, listening to Wave Runner, Dreamin' Boy filled me with anxiety.

yeah, you know what, I'll say that about that album. He does a really good job of building and releasing tension. I've got a couple of listens in now and I'm honestly liking it quite a bit even though there's a couple of places where he reuses synths and motifs from some of his other music :p

GutsOfThor

I'm liking Wave Runner but I can't shake the feeling that it's missing that special "something". I feel like it's a Capsule album in name only. It just sounds like typical Western EDM. I don't know, maybe it has to grow on me.

not really counting Caps Lock, they've sounded like Euro EDM for a while now. it's even bled over into Perfume at this point.

frankly I have a hard time knocking Nakata for that since it's probably the thing he's done consistently the best for several years now.

GutsOfThor

not really counting Caps Lock, they've sounded like Euro EDM for a while now. it's even bled over into Perfume at this point.

frankly I have a hard time knocking Nakata for that since it's probably the thing he's done consistently the best for several years now.

I'm pretty new to Capsule so I guess I can't really judge. My first Capsule album was Capslock which I thought was awesome. Guess I just need to listen to it more.

Edit: On my third listen and it's definitely growing on me.

Slowdive

Banned
No problem. I see it's just been put up on JPS.

Looks like she's recording something new. Her producer is part of a duo who's producing one of Daoko's new tracks as well.

Listening to Especia's new album now.

Namie's tour DVD blew me away, those selections that were sent to air didn't do justice to the full thing at all. I have a lot of respect for her just straight up singing and dancing without any of that pre-recorded track nonsense.

Top Bottom