• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Zoe

A little over 30 minutes left.

SpHJu55.jpg

Lucky Zoe, have fun!

I'm ready for this to start...

MAD EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY STOP THE STREAM WHY

Calm edit: replayed it about 10 times now I think. That was amazing

ChryZ

SXSW 2015 Setlist

1. STORY (SXSW-Mix)
2. SamT
3. Polyrhythm
4. Spice
5. MoL
PTA
6. FAKE IT
7. Electro World
MC
8. Chocolate Disco
MC
9. SoL

... all the bangers *swoon*

I've never really loved Chocolate Disco which is why I'm always amused that it's such a huge hit/fan favorite. Also as an old fogey, seeing all those people holding up phones bums me out. There's a lot of backwards things about the Japanese music industry, but the "no cell phones" rule at shows is great.

tumblr_nleoi1XWm31u8axueo5_540.gif

I've never really loved Chocolate Disco which is why I'm always amused that it's such a huge hit/fan favorite. Also as an old fogey, seeing all those people holding up phones bums me out. There's a lot of backwards things about the Japanese music industry, but the "no cell phones" rule at shows is great.

Some guy had their freaking DSLR up in the air at the front...why?

Hopefully it wasn't Zoe

Zoe

Some guy had their freaking DSLR up in the air at the front...why?

Hopefully it wasn't Zoe
That guy was in front of me most of the night. He had a press photo tag though.

I ended up watching pretty much the whole thing through people's phones. Being right on the dance floor wasn't too pleasant.

still ain't listening to the new tricot until my CDs come in Friday, or possibly tomorrow. Got the LE and single.

I'm looking forward to hearing the LE CD. Didn't read into it that much but I'm getting that it's a side project of the band, 期待外れにも程GIRL, and the song apparently translates to "ass bomb". :lol. I guess it's been a thing for a while. I am currently unable to comprehend what I am listening to.

Kurita

still ain't listening to the new tricot until my CDs come in Friday, or possibly tomorrow. Got the LE and single.

I'm looking forward to hearing the LE CD. Didn't read into it that much but I'm getting that it's a side project of the band, 期待外れにも程GIRL, and the song apparently translates to "ass bomb". :lol. I guess it's been a thing for a while. I am currently unable to comprehend what I am listening to.
RADWIMPS also have a side-project with a dumb name : 味噌汁's (Miso soups).
Guess it's a thing in Japan.

that video really starts going places at about 1:30

forreal. acid tripcot???

RADWIMPS also have a side-project with a dumb name : 味噌汁's (Miso soups).
Guess it's a thing in Japan.

I think it's a pretty cool idea, especially when the whole band is on board with it. It's nice to hear different ideas from familiar musicians. Kinda paints a different picture of where you think they might be drawing their inspiration from.

Kurita

HAPPY released a music video/making-of the cover of their upcoming EP. Pretty neat stuff. The song used is R.A.D.I.O, which they already unveiled a couple of weeks ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww3_QuvI_jY

It's colorful to say the least

tricot's new album is cool. I don't think it'll be one my favorite albums of the year nor be in my heavy rotation but it's solid. I like the ending of QFF with the keyboard going crazy.

broz0rs

that mayu gif is terrifying because don't people normally blink when putting on eyeware? she doesn't even bat an eyelash.

Kurita

I bought a song on OTOTOY for the first time and I suddenly got 25000 points. Is it like a bonus when you buy on their website for the first time? Cause that means I can get an album for free :lol

So apparently with Namie Amuro announcing a new tour starting in September this year, that must mean we must be getting a new album soon?!?!?
Argggghhhhhhh yessssssssss! Might be another summer release like last year, I need info already!
She's only released two singles (which included her digital singles) since her last album, I'm hoping the album will revolve around her songs like Ballerina and Neonlight Lipstick. Those songs are so fun.

jokkir

Finally decided to check out Charisma.com and TEMPURA KIDZ because of that one song they were together. TEMPURA KIDZ are frightening D; and Charisma.com is pretty good.

EDIT - Okay, Charisma.com is pretty awesome. Been playing Charisma.cоm / イイナヅケブルー on repeat for a while now lol

Top Bottom