• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

Awesome City Club released their first major PV, the female vocalist is the main vocalist for this song, it's neat, though I prefer the guy's voice (which isn't this song :lol). They also have a member doing rap in the band but there's no rap part either in this song, that's a shame. Would have been better to make a video for song showcasing everything they can do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZZCTYu24is
Looking forward to their debut EP next month!

My new favorites 04 Limited Sazabys released another PV from their major debut album. Song is kinda classic compared to knife but I still like it a lot.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h-fk7BXmtQ

They finally covered this topic on 3/26 Shirabe.

Mayuyu best oshiri in AKB!

ha, an award well-earned.

My ゆるめるモ!dvd showed up, only watched a few songs, but it's pretty legit. looks decent, sounds good, 3 hours long, and for only about $20.

also I gave that DAOKO some more time and damn, that is one of the best albums of the year so far, without question. it covers a lot of stylistic ground but feels really coherent and just consistently kicks ass.

They finally covered this topic on 3/26 Shirabe.

Mayuyu best oshiri in AKB!

I was going to disagree and cite my personal favorite Yamamoto like always or the perfect bodied Kojima Haruna...

tumblr_nlfjmkQWgS1sbdy8ho1_400.jpg

tumblr_nlr1ocoAVf1s7k63ro4_400.jpg

then I found this gif... yeah kinda hard to not agree now.

Dang mayu I never noticed haha.

Celegus

Not that I'd expect anything less, but Velvet Eden's new mini-album Blanc et noir is ridiculously good. Anyone else a fan of them? Double Twelve (their most recent full release) is far and away my favorite album of all time. Still can't believe they're back again after all these years.

Larsa

also I gave that DAOKO some more time and damn, that is one of the best albums of the year so far, without question. it covers a lot of stylistic ground but feels really coherent and just consistently kicks ass.

Yeah!! It's so fucking good. I was really surprised.
Between Oomori Seiko last year and now DAOKO maybe I should stop fearing artists going major, hah.

Kurita

The title track of Gesu no Kiwami Otome's new single will be used for a new Coca Cola commercial, that's a pretty big tie-up. Cool!

My copy of Koda Kumi's Walk of my Life finally arrived today. The photo book is absolutely gorgeous. I always look forward to the booklet. The digi packaging is also nice and slim.

Kurita - I'm slowly getting through that wonderful list of yours, I fell in love with KANA-BOON and ONE OK ROCK. Also listening to some more KEYTALK. They really are amazing!

Been listening to a little bit off older pop music recently. Currently addicted to this song by Tatuya Ishii (or is it Tatsuya? I've seen it both ways) the song is called Hi Tension Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw58B-2bfoc&sns=em
Really love his stuff and his stuff with kome kome CLUB. Would love to find another band like that.

Kurita

KANA-BOON, ONE OK ROCK and KEYTALK are three bands that I love to death so I'm glad you enjoy their stuff.
KANA-BOON and ONE OK ROCK both released some amazing albums this year.

Anyway, Mrs. GREEN APPLE announced their major debut! I knew that they could go major pretty quickly the first time I listened to them. Good pick by Universal, they have a new young, talented and promising band in their roster.

Not that I'd expect anything less, but Velvet Eden's new mini-album Blanc et noir is ridiculously good. Anyone else a fan of them? Double Twelve (their most recent full release) is far and away my favorite album of all time. Still can't believe they're back again after all these years.

I thought VE broke up...guess ill have to check out the new album

tatsuki

YwoyOBs.jpg

I imagine Mayu is the main reason behind Nako joining Team B.

Ikoma and Rena both had their group member exchanges end.

Kawaei announcing she'll be graduating and much more.

Kawaei announcing she'll be graduating and much more.

Can't blame her. It also looks like Annin may be contemplating graduating as well since she bowed out of the election. Going back to handshake events for them must be a nerve wrecking experience.

It's interesting that after Yuko's graduation many (including myself) viewed Team K as being in shambles, now they may have the strongest team. They're just stacked with talent. And they're certainly now the best dancers among AKB.

And with Ikoma and Rena's concurrent positions being cancelled it's safe to say that management has realized that Nogi is best on their own. They're continuing to creep up on AKB in terms of popularity. And they have a lot of powerhouse members in terms of popularity.

I was worried for the PV after seeing a promo image but I love what I'm seeing/hearing. Is the autotune back? they sound different from usual.

1st April can't come soon enough (when they're releasing the video)

Can't blame her. It also looks like Annin may be contemplating graduating as well since she bowed out of the election. Going back to handshake events for them must be a nerve wrecking experience.

She only declined the 40th single, the one with the voting tickets. She hasn't said anything about bowing out of the election.

Rainy

Banned

It's interesting that after Yuko's graduation many (including myself) viewed Team K as being in shambles, now they may have the strongest team. They're just stacked with talent. And they're certainly now the best dancers among AKB.

And with Ikoma and Rena's concurrent positions being cancelled it's safe to say that management has realized that Nogi is best on their own. They're continuing to creep up on AKB in terms of popularity. And they have a lot of powerhouse members in terms of popularity.

Oh I was meaning to ask about Nogizaka46's popularity heh. I recently got into them and I really like them.

broz0rs

Oh I was meaning to ask about Nogizaka46's popularity heh. I recently got into them and I really like them.

I have to admit that I was on the fence about Nogizaka being another one of the 48 group clones where they perform with the caliber of a high school cheerleadering squad, but they really are talented.

乃木坂46 命は美しい UTAGE! 2015-03-23

The coordination and stage presence is better than anything I've seen from any other 48 group in my opinion.

Kurita

Grabbed Arukara's secret/rare tracks compilation and their live "DVD" (well technically I only got the audio on iTunes, I should buy the DVD someday).
Glad they released a PV for my favorite song on the compilation. The live recording is also pretty damn good. There are a few "extended" songs where they go nuts with their instruments, it's amazing.

Slowdive

Banned
The new Daoko is great, way better than Dimension. My favourite album of the year so far.

The new Suiyoubi no Campanella songs are sounding good too from the previews.

Kurita

Some good news to start the day.
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION announced the release date of their new album.
Wonder Future will be released on May 27th.
They also announced 4 concerts in Latin America.
Chile
Date: Saturday 14th, November
SUPER JAPAN EXPO
Movistar Arena, Santiago

Brazil
Date: Sunday 15th, November
Teatro Carioca, Sao Paulo

Argentina
Date: Wednesday 18th, November
Venue: Teatro VORTERIX, Buenos Aires

Mexico
Date: Friday 20th, November
Venue: Plaza Condesa, Mexico DF.

HaKU announced a new mini-album, I HEAR YOU, which will be released in July.
Teaser for the lead track. The bassist is the main vocalist this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk8Pv0K0Csg

Celegus

I thought VE broke up...guess ill have to check out the new album

They did for a while (again), but are back again. Kalm has gone onto other things, but Dada still gettin' it done. The remixes of the old songs on Double Twelve are just godlike if you remember them.

Kurita

Received キュウソネコカミ's live DVD today. Dat hommage to PS2 games.

First press edition comes with a bonus DVD with a documentary and other stupid videos.
As for the show... Welp, one of the best lives I've ever seen. 2 hours of pure madness. Crazy crowd for a crazy band. The lead singer must be on crack, he literally never stops dancing, screaming, walking on the crowd (yes, walking, they even do a joke song about it at some point where the lyrics are "I'm walking on your head, I don't care about manners").
The setlist is on point, their MCs are hilarious. They ask if people lost something while they were dancing, and everybody does his best to give back what they found on the ground :lol
There's also a MC before their song GALAXY where the vocalist impersonates hipsters fans complaining about the fact that the song is "mainstream". He basically answers by saying "Shut up! It's an amazing song, you don't know what you're talking about!" "A song about divorce or killing can't be showed on TV you idiot." (songs about these theme are on their latest mini-album).
10/10, perfect live. I love this band even more now.

She only declined the 40th single, the one with the voting tickets. She hasn't said anything about bowing out of the election.

She's officially out now. KojiHaru is also out. This election is going to be quite interesting with so many big names either choosing not to participate or not participating because they've graduated. Rena, Ikoma (due to no longer having AKB concurrency), Mocchi, Kawaei, Annin and Nana are all out. Lots of shakeups this year

They're my favorite group connected to the 48 groups at the moment. To me their songs are consistently better than the other groups. I also think their shows are generally better. NOGIBINGO's quality seems to be higher, which I guess comes down to it being made in seasons rather than every week like AKBINGO.

Speaking of their shows, it looks like Nogizakatte, Doko? may be ending next week. Rumors are that it's related to Bananaman being one of the most popular duos in Japan, so they just don't have time in their schedule for it anymore. Fans are hoping that it's just a joke since the show is actually really important to Nogi since it's where they announce their senbatsu lineups.

Rainy

Banned
They're my favorite group connected to the 48 groups at the moment. To me their songs are consistently better than the other groups. I also think their shows are generally better. NOGIBINGO's quality seems to be higher, which I guess comes down to it being made in seasons rather than every week like AKBINGO.

Speaking of their shows, it looks like Nogizakatte, Doko? may be ending next week. Rumors are that it's related to Bananaman being one of the most popular duos in Japan, so they just don't have time in their schedule for it anymore. Fans are hoping that it's just a joke since the show is actually really important to Nogi since it's where they announce their senbatsu lineups.
Thanks for the info, I've been meaning to start NOGIBINGO and Nogizakette, Doko? pretty soon. I think Maiyan is my favorite heh.

Dempagumi.inc x Shokotan single is out Apr. 29, but a PV will be out tomorrow. natalie makes sure to point out that the underwear scenes in the web version are blocked by hearts, but the dvd that comes with the single...isn't. the video is directed by Noboro Iguchi, who directed Machine Girl and RoboGeisha, as well as Dempagumi's "Dempa Connection" miniseries.

That Billie Idle album should be out in a few hours. it'll be interesting to see how that turned out.

e: huh, it looks like Kinniku Shoujo Tai and Ningen Isu have a collaborative single out this month. I'm always ok with more Ootsuki Kenji. old fart weirdo metal supergroup...

Thanks for the info, I've been meaning to start NOGIBINGO and Nogizakette, Doko? pretty soon. I think Maiyan is my favorite heh.

NOGIBINGO!4 starts April 6th. And Reika for me. :p

The SKE vs. NMB singles battle took place

battle8cuzz.png

Even though SKE won easily, it's still impressive for NMB since it's their second best debut.

プラニメ is apparently parting ways with Mari/Izukoneko due to "difference of opinion." Since her last solo project ended with her getting in a fight with her manager, I'm seeing a pattern. Wack basically said he fired her on twitter, which is amusingly candid for this industry.

e: Matsukuma is saying she wanted to leave, but he also apologized profusely for leaving Pour Lui's band after they fell out (and she's kind of notorious for being difficult), so I think that's just the way he is.

e2: she's staying on until the end of May despite all that. that mini album might still come out then?

llehuty

I'm at work, but if the previews are to be believed, Pick me up is my favourite Perfume single since Spending all my time.

really like Pick Me Up
if I'm reading this right a live Billie Idle event will be streaming on Youtube in about 50 minutes time, but considering what day it is who knows what will happen http://youtu.be/blJuqFoNE-0

what awful timing, right as I'm leaving for work.

e: lol, I guess they had technical issues or this was the dumbest April fool's joke. Watanabe says they're going to upload the recording?

Pick Me Up is so good, and that gorgeous crisp video. The vocal styling is interesting - at times their vocals are more processed than in a long time, other times their untouched vocals come through.

Yeah. it's the first time in a long time where you can actually tell them apart easily. it's interesting.

Peru

Pick Me Up is so good, and that gorgeous crisp video. The vocal styling is interesting - at times their vocals are more processed than in a long time, other times their untouched vocals come through.

I really like Pick Me Up but I'll have to wait to see how I truly feel about it, at the moment I'm loving it.

(Insert MV gif of them making triangles but I can't because I'm at college)

Also, new Namie Kose ad means new music is coming soon, yessss.

Kansoku

Yep. The processed voices are a little off IMO, especially with Nocchi, but other than that I love it.

Top Bottom