• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

indigo la End and Gesu no Kiwami Otome will both release new singles on June 17th.
New artist pictures (high quality when) :
HpOarC0.jpg

photo19iupr.jpg

Gesu meets Perfume

Not the first time they meet, Kawatani and A-Chan are actually good friends. Warms my heart.

Kurita

Really digging Perfume's latest single. Wasn't a fan of Pick Me Up at first but I love it now. Relax In The City is super relaxing. The B-side is neat, too.

Kinoko Teikoku's major debut single is everything I wanted. Can't get enough of the title track, it's a beautiful song, love the lyrics, too. I love the fact that it's the prequel to 東京, as it takes place 10 years before.
Donut is alright, too long though, and the third track, スピカ, is as good as the first one. Hope they'll release an album soon cause they keep on improving, can't wait to see what they'll manage to create next.

Nothing's Carved In Stone announced their first live album!
oJXFMyj.jpg

Pick the 5 songs you want to see in the album over there : http://www.ncis.jp/request/
雪渓にて, Pendulum, Seasons of Me, Predestined Lovers and Red Light are my 5 picks.

Aizo

Banned
Kurita's love for new Kinoko hurts me.
They'll never play the amazing kind of live shows I saw them do last year. Fuck.

Kurita

Short version for Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas's new PV. One of the guitarists is dressed as a glam rock musician, hilarious :lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHBpthT8xlc
Song seems good but the usual silly part isn't in the short version.
The band also announced that they'll release a new album this year, as well as a Budokan show in January!

KEYTALK unveiled a trailer for the bonus DVD of their upcoming album. Already got it pre-ordered, the DVD looks amazing : 8 live songs and a documentary about their last tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHBpthT8xlc

Unfortunately, some of it is reminding me of FEEL and I really wanted Namie to move away from that generic dance stuff, I can already guess which track Zedd produced for her and to me, Namie can do so much better. *Reminisces about STYLE*

I was way too late to this :(

Worst case scenario, I'm always willing to help you out and send one directly from Japan!

Could you really? the coasters were only pre-order bonuses weren't they?

Needed something to watch and this is pretty great, never watched Sasshi before either and I'm surprised!. I can't at them calling her ugly though.

Unfortunately, some of it is reminding me of FEEL and I really wanted Namie to move away from that generic dance stuff, I can already guess which track Zedd produced for her and to me, Namie can do so much better. *Reminisces about STYLE*

I was way too late to this :(

Could you really? the coasters were only pre-order bonuses weren't they?

Needed something to watch and this is pretty great, never watched Sasshi before either and I'm surprised!. I can't at them calling her ugly though.
YesAsia? Dunno how much is left but it's the only place I know of that still has it even though it's a bit more than CDJapan. http://www.yesasia.com/us/relax-in-...g-japan-version/1038872181-0-0-0-en/info.html

Peru

All hail Perfume

Yeah it's super fun, cynical.. perhaps the only honest idol show with a current top idol starring.

oh hey, Guso Drop released an actual video

偶想 Drop - Level

that mini-LP of theirs is better than I was expecting. some really catchy stuff on there, if you can get past how rough some of the other parts are.

huge amounts of cheese warning

---

Yeah it's super fun, cynical.. perhaps the only honest idol show with a current top idol starring.

I don't follow AKB stuff so I don't have a ton of background on this (except for what made the tabloids, etc) but this is super entertaining. Sasshi's funny. Both giving and taking some mean-spirited humor, I love it.

AdamT

Boris are releasing 3 new albums tomorrow. Only available at live shows though.

I second a physical wide release. I was a huge fan of Heavy Rocks/Rainbow/Pink/Smile, but haven't listened enough to anything from Präparat/Noise and more recent.

Also, glad to see there are so many Perfume fans here. I finally bought the cd for Level3 last month and have the box for the latest single on the way.

Anyone listened to the Nakata produced Natsume Mito single yet?

yes! it's ok. sounds like a KPP b-side, but it's cute enough. also for some reason I think there's like 5 MVs for it

Is there another forum I'm not aware of, or everyone is on jpopsuki, too?

of course we're all on JPS. and most are on tumblr. and last.fm. and DG's hometown of the electricmole forums. and perfume-city.

I tend to use different usernames for a lot of things but any of you guys are welcome to PM me if you want to connect elsewhere too. :)

Aizo

Banned
of course we're all on JPS. and most are on tumblr. and last.fm. and DG's hometown of the electricmole forums. and perfume-city.

I tend to use different usernames for a lot of things but any of you guys are welcome to PM me if you want to connect elsewhere too. :)
Whaa. I feel so left out. I'm only on JPS, but I don't really post there. Same username—already friends with Kurita. I don't use my tumblr or last.fm... don't even know electric mole.

Kurita

I'm a bit antisocial when it comes to J-Music to be honest. I post a lot here but I don't really interact with people outside of that. I like to be in my own bubble I guess haha

Top Bottom