• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

Well that's the problem, it's really striking that this song was made by an American dude, it doesn't fit SNO's universe imo, it's something some random pop star could sing. It just happens that Fukase to sing it.
All of their full english songs produced by someone else have that problem. They can be good, I can enjoy them (and I did) but it still feels out of place. Like, in their latest album, the second it switches to Dragon Night it's like you've switched just to another band's CD.

Peru

I dunno.. gonna give this one a shot. It's back to a different kind of weirdness. A low key tune like this for six minutes, it's an idea I can get into. Liked the song well enough on first listen.

Scandal produced a track on rina katahira's new album

CXlyNfGUkAAlQJJ.jpg

I'm super excited, but it doesn't look like Hatis Noit or sofheso will be at the Richmond show. but still! Hijokaidan! Avandoned!

e: hahaha the description of Avandoned on the event page "They are currently the most real idol group in Tokyo."

e2: it looks like the choice of lineups is Avandoned OR Hatis Noit and as lame as it sounds, I'd choose the former :\

Rainy

Banned
so what is everyone listening to right now? flying out back to med school over the weekend and want some new tunes to listen to.

Boss Mog

I'm pretty disappointed by this song. Their worst single in a very long time for me. There's these parts, like from 1:03 to 1:09, where it reminds me of "Face Down" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and I keep expecting it to kinda continue like that song but then it obviously doesn't. I don't know, it's weird for me.

They're also doing a new song called "Morning Sun" for a movie coming out at the end of the month. I'll place my hopes on that one since their movie songs are usually pretty great.

Also they apparently made a music video for the song from their documentary film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHG-uS62co

Lastly I gotta mention that I'm not a fan of Haru's new haircut, don't think it suits her at all.

Kurita

^ That Milestone song, 10/8/2015 is not easy to do live, Nothing’s Carved In Stone is pretty good to pull that off. love live bands =)
Yeah, they're amazingly talented musicians. Actually, Hinata Hidekazu is my favorite bassist while Ubukata Shinichi is my favorite guitarist. :) They're also part of Straightener (Hinata) and ELLEGARDEN (Ubukata) which are basically two of my favorite bands ever so that helps.

Kurita

Non-Johnny's/48 boy/girl bands (i.e. E-Girls, Solidemo, Da-Ice, lol)...remind me of K-Pop acts, they just look more modern than the already established idols. That's actually refreshing even if I don't pay much attention to them.

Yeah, they're amazingly talented musicians. Actually, Hinata Hidekazu is my favorite bassist while Ubukata Shinichi is my favorite guitarist. :) They're also part of Straightener (Hinata) and ELLEGARDEN (Ubukata) which are basically two of my favorite bands ever so that helps.

i'll check out Straightener and ELLEGARDEN thanks! are these former bands they were in or current bands doing double duty?

Kurita

i'll check out Straightener and ELLEGARDEN thanks! are these former bands they were in or current bands doing double duty?
ELLEGARDEN have been on hiatus since 2008 (they might come back someday), Straightener are still active (they're a pretty big band of the Japanese rock scene)

ELLEGARDEN have been on hiatus since 2008 (they might come back someday), Straightener are still active (they're a pretty big band of the Japanese rock scene)

been listening to Straighter (from 2010) pretty good sound.

had a question:
dragon ash rio de emocion tour live, do you know if this concert is a bonus dvd or part of CD?) was looking to buy it but don't where it's from. i have the studio album

sometimes i see it on youtube but it gets taken down.

Peru

Perfume are doing a song with OK Go it seems, for the movie Sushi Police. Not the artist I'd pick to hear a collab with, but still interested.

Kurita

Crazy that Shishamo, Scandal and Silent Siren are all releasing albums on the same day.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was on purpose :lol
Just put three of the most popular all-female rock bands the same day and see who's the best.

On February 10th it's kinda the same : both BUMP OF CHICKEN and MAN WITH A MISSION are releasing albums, I think CD shops will be happy with all that money. And KANA-BOON are releasing their album the following week!
Pretty good trimester for me as a huge rock addict.

Passepied are releasing their Budokan show on DVD/BR, April 6th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV42UTB9x_8
That's 4 Budokan shows I want getting released between March and April haha : KEYTALK, Good Morning America, Flower Companyz and Passepied!

Top Bottom