• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

oT0K9m2.png

:|

Slowdive

Banned
Yeah it's good. I kind of wish Leo Imai wasn't in the band tbh, I hope the majority of the tracks on the album have Takahashi on vocals at least.

Yeah it's good. I kind of wish Leo Imai wasn't in the band tbh, I hope the majority of the tracks on the album have Takahashi on vocals at least.

you won't hear me complain about upping the percentage of YMO

actually I wouldn't complain if they just made a new YMO album instead

Slowdive

Banned
you won't hear me complain about upping the percentage of YMO

actually I wouldn't complain if they just made a new YMO album instead

That would be amazing. I was expecting one when they reunited, they hinted that one was in the works. I think this is the closest we'll get to one now.

Aizo

Banned
I was just reading the indigo la End wiki, and I saw that Kawatani's first name is just a stage name. I guess it was to cool to be real. Kenta, huh? Doesn't seem like it suits him after knowing him as Enon for so long.

Kurita

I was just reading the indigo la End wiki, and I saw that Kawatani's first name is just a stage name. I guess it was to cool to be real. Kenta, huh? Doesn't seem like it suits him after knowing him as Enon for so long.
Well Enon isn't a real name haha

Youtube Red happened.
After that came in 90% of the J-rock/pop/Vk can no longer be viewed on US Youtube.

I never realized how much I'd miss Victor's content. or how wide their reach is.

the only relief out of that is how much stuff I like is hopelessly obscure/indie and thus, available

if Space Shower starts region-blocking I'm going to have a nervous breakdown

Aizo

Banned
Well Enon isn't a real name haha
Right. I said it was too cool to be real, but I thought, "Huh, maybe his parents are the kind that would take non-traditional inspiration for their child's name."
What's a "real name," anyway? Celebrities come up with names like Moon Unit, so there is precedent for using much weirder names.

vanty

Youtube Red happened.
After that came in 90% of the J-rock/pop/Vk can no longer be viewed on US Youtube.
I don't think it's YouTube Red unless they only ever had five videos on their YT channel.

CAPSULE - "WAVE RUNNER -DELUXE EDITION-" Trailer

CAPSULE - "Another World" Music Video

CAPSULE - "WAVE RUNNER" MEGA-MIX MOVIE

CAPSULE - "WAVE RUNNER" JACKET MAKING MOVIE

CAPSULE - CONTROL (FULL ver.)

That's looking at it from Australia so YT Red doesn't exist.

Speaking of Kawatani Enon, some random tabloid is saying that he cheated on his wife with Becky. Erm, okay.

That story is blowing up right now. Becky is the #1 trend on Twitter in Japan and she even had to hold a press conference to address it. Very messy situation.

Kurita

Lmao at a tweet I saw while browsing about it on Twitter.
At Countdown Japan, Arukara's vocalist said this during a MC : "I saw Kawatani talking to a reaaaally pretty girl in the lobby, and it was Becky!"
Hahaha

Kinda funny that this is happening one week before Gesu's new album.

llehuty

I don't think it's YouTube Red unless they only ever had five videos on their YT channel.

CAPSULE - "WAVE RUNNER -DELUXE EDITION-" Trailer

CAPSULE - "Another World" Music Video

CAPSULE - "WAVE RUNNER" MEGA-MIX MOVIE

CAPSULE - "WAVE RUNNER" JACKET MAKING MOVIE

CAPSULE - CONTROL (FULL ver.)

That's looking at it from Australia so YT Red doesn't exist.
The old videos are in the Yamaha music channel, like for example:
Shamelessly taking this chance to post the GOAT Capsule song
more more more / capsule

Zoe

She's denying it, saying he's just a really good friend (who is close enough to be with his family on new year's? Oookay).

It's BS that she's the one who has to have a press conference and apologize to everyone though. Her career is done for a while now.

She's denying it, saying he's just a really good friend (who is close enough to be with his family on new year's? Oookay).

It's BS that she's the one who has to have a press conference and apologize to everyone though. Her career is done for a while now.

I think it's just a result of their standing. Becky is one of the biggest entertainers in Japan. Enon is a dude that most probably haven't even heard of. It's one of those price of fame situations.

I suppose everything is just rumors right now, but Enon looks like a real scumbag if this stuff is true. Source.

The 2 met in October last year. As Kawatani kept his marriage a secret,Becky did not know until he confessed to her at the end of November.

Bunshun obtained LINE records of their conversation, where Kawatani expressed intentions of divorce to marry Becky.

They spent Christmas Eve together and during the New Year, Becky accompanied Kawatani back to his hometown Nagasaki and met his parents.

That is where they were photographed, and when asked about their relationship, Becky denied and directed Bunshun to her agency. Kawatani was also asked about his marriage,to which he denied. When Bunshun highlighted the name of his wife, he said she is just a friend.

Later, in a written note to the press, Kawatani confessed to being married last summer, and maintains the common stance of being “friends” with Becky.

Zoe

Yeah... When they kept saying on the news that he got married in 去年8月, I thought surely they must mean 2014? Otherwise...

Maimai out of nowhere announced her graduation from Nogizaka46 on her blog. She's going to graduate after their next single. This is really the first blow to the group as far as members leaving. She's one of the top three members along with Maiyan and Nanasemaru.

In terms of popularity i'd say she's above them. I'd say that Maiyan, Nanasemaru, Maiamai, Ikuchan and Misamisa are the top five in the group in terms of popularity. Ikoma received a bigger push than anyone, but other girls surpassed her even when she was the primary center.

I'm not totally surprised the Maimai graduated, it's just the sudden aspect that's surprising. But it does open up a new slot to give to second gen members. Kiichan or Miona will be back in senbatsu after the next single, if they aren't in it for that one. Pushing them is important now. I don't expect Nogizaka to start bleeding members like other groups have done, but they still need to continue to position the next generation properly.

jbug617

Banned

Her commercials are getting pulled from TV.

Kurita

Cover art and tracklist for KANA-BOON's upcoming album revealed today.
01. オープンワールド
02. 机上、綴る、思想
03. なんでもねだり
04. ランアンドラン
05. anger in the mind
06. インディファレンス
07. talking
08. グッドバイ
09. 革命
10. ダイバー
11. スタンドバイミー
12. Origin
Aaaand, just as I expected, the bonus CD is a compilation of some of their indie tracks
01. 見たくないもの(再録)
02. 目と目と目と目(新ミックス)
03. MUSiC(新ミックス)
04. ピアスを開けた(新録)
05. talking
06. うそばっかり(新録)
07. クローン(再録)
08. かけぬけて(新ミックス)
09. 僕らはいつまで経ってもさ(新録)
10. Construct Connect(新録)
While I'm happy that they're doing that, I kinda wish they included more "unreleased" tracks, there's only four (bolded), the other ones are just re-recordings/new mixes and one track that is on the actual album :/ Oh well, better than nothing, MUSiC is my favorite KANA-BOON song while かけぬけて and 見たくないもの are easily in my top 5.

broz0rs

Didn't know idol rules applies to 30+ year old tarentos.

but man if Becky's Live B music show gets cancelled because of this I'm going to be pissed.

Top Bottom